ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs LNBS: 10 Things KC Needs to Happen to be a Super Bowl Contender (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301769)

jjchieffan 08-28-2016 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12391716)
Not really a good demonstration of his skills. Kind of a lucky play more than anything.

This guys needs to be taking 5-yard passes and turning them into 20-yard gains. That would be his role in this offense. So far I haven't seen a lick of that.

I don't see a problem with him taking 5 yard passes and busting them for 20. But he has the speed to stretch the field and outrun everyone. He should be used in that role as well. If that long throw would have caught him on stride, that was 6 points easy. If he can prove that he is a threat to do that, defenses will have to respect and play a corner and or a safety deep to cover it. That will leave the middle open for Kelce and help the running game too.

Hammock Parties 08-28-2016 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12391731)
he has the speed to stretch the field and outrun everyone.

I'm sure that will be a key cog in our offense. ROFL

Easy 6 08-28-2016 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12391716)
Not really a good demonstration of his skills. Kind of a lucky play more than anything.

This guys needs to be taking 5-yard passes and turning them into 20-yard gains. That would be his role in this offense. So far I haven't seen a lick of that.

1) get the **** OUT about what it "demonstrated"

2) the rookie receiver hasnt mastered the WCO yet, wow shocking

notorious 08-28-2016 05:59 PM

Clay has found his new McCluster.

Hammock Parties 08-28-2016 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12391754)
1) get the **** OUT about what it "demonstrated"

2) the rookie receiver hasnt mastered the WCO yet, wow shocking

Look, he's made one play in preseason and it was a total sunshine dog's ass play that he'll be lucky to make 1 time in 100.

He's given us very little to go on thus far.

Hammock Parties 08-28-2016 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12391757)
Clay has found his new McCluster.

I don't hate him nearly as much because he wasn't a waste of a 2nd round pick.

But I would dearly like to see some justification for this hype train.

notorious 08-28-2016 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12391762)
I don't hate him nearly as much because he wasn't a waste of a 2nd round pick.

But I would dearly like to see some justification for this hype train.

His speed seems to disappear against NFL talent when it comes to the short stuff (so far).

He will still outrun any CB in the NFL. Our QB's will constantly under throw him on deep routes if they wait to see if he gets open.

Hammock Parties 08-28-2016 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12391765)
His speed seems to disappear against NFL talent when it comes to the short stuff (so far).

He will still outrun any CB in the NFL. Our QB's will constantly under throw him on deep routes if they wait to see if he gets open.

At this point I'd be surprised if he outran the guy who told him to get his playbook in a week.

Easy 6 08-28-2016 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12391758)
Look, he's made one play in preseason and it was a total sunshine dog's ass play that he'll be lucky to make 1 time in 100.

He's given us very little to go on thus far.

You said he hadnt demonstrated anything, you were wrong

It was an excellent effort not luck, luck is a product of preparation meeting opportunity... no of course it doesnt mean he is a lock for greatness, but your expectations for a raw rookie in the WCO, in their first preseason is dumb

And you know that

Hammock Parties 08-28-2016 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12391884)
You said he hadnt demonstrated anything, you were wrong

It was an excellent effort not luck, luck is a product of preparation meeting opportunity... no of course it doesnt mean he is a lock for greatness, but your expectations for a raw rookie in the WCO, in their first preseason is dumb

And you know that

My expectations are that he actually shows up and does something that can be replicated consistently in a real game.

He has not done shit to justify the hype.

stevieray 08-28-2016 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12391901)
My expectations are that he actually shows up and does something that can be replicated consistently in a real game.

He also hasn't done anything on the field to deserve scorn.

Works both ways.

BossChief 08-28-2016 07:02 PM

Quote:

You don't know what you're watching.

The kid got open deep and has enough awareness and ability to track the ball in the air that he pulled up short and looked the ball in and made the grab...and got up and tried to gain more yards.

I'm not shocked that you didn't recognize anything that happened on that play and just chalk it up to "luck".

Easy 6 08-28-2016 07:17 PM

Quote:

Have another drink Billy, on the house...

Hammock Parties 08-28-2016 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12391940)
You don't know what you're watching.

The kid got open deep and has enough awareness and ability to track the ball in the air that he pulled up short and looked the ball in and made the grab...and got up and tried to gain more yards.

I'm not shocked that you didn't recognize anything that happened on that play and just chalk it up to "luck".

It was complete luck.

Shit, I'd bet anyone Reek won't catch a ball over 20 yards in the regular season this year.

Hammock Parties 08-28-2016 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 12391910)
He also hasn't done anything on the field to deserve scorn.

Works both ways.

http://i.imgur.com/8gex5hB.gif