ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Texans reportedly not excited last night after getting Watson (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307429)

NJChiefsFan 04-28-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 12847263)
lulzz.. your team reached for a project and paid a steep price too. But, like I told you clowns a long time ago, this is the year your team drafts a QB high.

I'm not one to sugar coat stuff. I have no problem admitting when KC reached on something but I really don't get the comments about KC paying a steep price. How is a 3rd this year(when they have 2 thirds and 10 picks overall) and a potentially late 20's pick next year a steep price?

pugsnotdrugs19 04-28-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

lulzz.. your team reached for a project and paid a steep price too. But, like I told you clowns a long time ago, this is the year your team drafts a QB high.

And what is Paxton Lynch then?

:D

Tombstone RJ 04-28-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12847330)
And what is Paxton Lynch then?

:D

Broncos swapped firsts and gave up a third. KC swapped firsts, gave up a third and next years first round pick.

pugsnotdrugs19 04-28-2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 12847370)
Broncos swapped firsts and gave up a third. KC swapped first, gave up a third and next years first round pick.

Well, that might have something to do with their talent...

IIRC, there weren't over a handful of teams trying to get Paxton. Can't say the same for Pat.

PutQuinnIn 04-28-2017 09:00 PM

This is a franchise that backed up the Brinks truck for Brock without even conducting one interview with him.

OldSchool 04-28-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12846163)
I read many reports before the draft that Houston loved Mahomes. This makes me think we took their guy and they got stuck with Watson.

They wanted the big arm local boy. Did any GM or scout like Watson more that Mahomes? Doesn't feel like it.

It'd be hard to like Watson over Mahomes given the significant difference in pure arm talent and the bad tape that Watson put up in his final season. There's just more room for error when it comes to guys who can throw like Mahomes can, whereas a guy like Watson, he's going to be pretty much perfect with all of his mechanics if he's going to turn into a good starter in this league.

KCDC 04-28-2017 09:18 PM

I think the Texans wanted to pay us back by taking the ILB from Vanderbilt in the second round. It seemed to be just who we would pick a couple picks later.

CapsLockKey 04-28-2017 09:20 PM

It feels like the Chiefs may have hoodwinked the Texans again by trading up in front of them to take Hunt with Houston taking another consolation prize at the same position a couple picks later.

notorious 04-28-2017 09:23 PM

Quote:

Smells like......fear.

Baby Lee 04-28-2017 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 12846245)
I wonder if the fact that the Chiefs never draft a QB helped them sneak up and grab PMII.

Aha, the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG Con!!!

ROFL ROFL

RunKC 04-28-2017 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 12847370)
Broncos swapped firsts and gave up a third. KC swapped firsts, gave up a third and next years first round pick.

Nobody wanted to draft Lynch until the end of the first rd.

Sean Payton and Bruce Arians wanted to draft Mahomes at 11 and 13.

staylor26 04-28-2017 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 12847329)
I'm not one to sugar coat stuff. I have no problem admitting when KC reached on something but I really don't get the comments about KC paying a steep price. How is a 3rd this year(when they have 2 thirds and 10 picks overall) and a potentially late 20's pick next year a steep price?

Quote:

We reached for a QB at #10 that for a fact would've gone the very next pick?

Baby Lee 04-28-2017 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12847960)
We reached for a QB at #10 that for a fact would've gone the very next pick?

Reach has more than one meaning, fortunately. In this case we exerted our leverage to pluck a quality pick from a morass of bitch ass rivals slotted ahead of us.

Chiefshrink 04-28-2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 12846245)
I wonder if the fact that the Chiefs never draft a QB helped them sneak up and grab PMII.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 12846291)
Very possible and our ( traditional ) lack of moving on day 1.

And let's not forget Dorsey said he started working this deal about five days ago building that relationship with the Buffalo GM and it was easy for the Chiefs to sneak up because nobody thought they would move 17 spots up because that would be a big kings ransom but when you look at it Dorsey was right we didn't give up that much when you look at the future potential with this kid .

Chiefshrink 04-28-2017 11:53 PM

Rick Smith has definitely fumbled the ball these last two years when it comes to quarterbacks . He should've known teams were going to try to get up to the buffalo spot it would've taken very little just to move up two spots to secure that pic for Mahomes .