ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Questions re: a possible move to KC area (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311380)

srvy 11-08-2017 11:35 AM

We will have a new unnecessary airport. If you move here you will discover we love building things we dont need and neglect the things we do.

Dartgod 11-08-2017 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13206155)
Whatever it takes to get out of Springfield, GTFO for your sons sake. He just will not have the opportunities in life if you stay. That town hasn't changed. It's not going to change. Just because there is at least "some" positive activity taking place around town, its not enough.

I was born and raised there. My son was born there. I got out at 18 years old, My son at 2 months. My life is tremendously better because of that decision. We are friends on social media, you can see my life. My son is in school to get his doctorate in Astrophysics. No way that happens if we would have stayed in Springfield.

Whatever it takes, do it for your son.

What a bunch of losers...
  • David Glass: Former CEO of Walmart, Owner/CEO of the KC Royals, graduated from Missouri State University in Springfield
  • John Morris: Founder/CEO of Bass Pro Shops, graduated from Drury Univeristy in Springfield, net worth $3.9 Billion
  • Charles F. O'Reilly (father) and Charles H. O'Reilly (son): founders of O'Reilly Auto Parts in 1957, more than 4,970 stores in 47 states
  • Payne Stewart: 2 time winner of the USGA's United States Open, 1 time winner of the PGA Championship
  • Bob Barker: Game show host, family moved to Springfield in 1931, graduated from Drury University, kicked Adam Sandler's ass in Happy Gilmore.
  • John Goodman: Actor, attended Missouri State University on a football scholarship, survived multiple deaths
  • Brad Pitt: Actor, grew up in Springfield, Academy Award winner, used to **** Jennifer Aniston

cooper barrett 11-08-2017 04:38 PM

Quote:

Whatever it takes to get out of Springfield, GTFO for your sons sake. He just will not have the opportunities in life if you stay. That town hasn't changed. It's not going to change. Just because there is at least "some" positive activity taking place around town, its not enough.

I was born and raised there. My son was born there. I got out at 18 years old, My son at 2 months. My life is tremendously better because of that decision. We are friends on social media, you can see my life. My son is in school to get his doctorate in Astrophysics. No way that happens if we would have stayed in Springfield.

You must be speaking of another Springfield.
http://static-media.fxx.com/img/FX_N...sons_07_19.jpg

Funny, my cousin grew up there, Nixa actually, his dad was the VP at SMSU- Springfield (now MSU) It happens to be a very highly ranked education studies.
He's a grad of MSU. He is/was? the youngest CPA in MO history and now is a VP of sales for a medical auditing company. Boys making bank too. Oh and by the way: Both of my daughters graduated from MSU too...I guess they are all losers. Dammed If I would just known this earlier I could have saved myself at least a quarter million bucks. **** me, I just can't do anything right....

But my girls both have Masters degrees, and both teach school, one in KC Metro, the other in Republic. My youngest will soon be getting her Doctorate in Education. My son in law has a Doctorate in Education and a Doctorate of Music. Can you guess where he graduated from??? MSU Springfield, MO.

luv 11-08-2017 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13206894)
You must be speaking of another Springfield.

Funny, my cousin grew up there, Nixa actually, his dad was the VP at SWMS- Springfield (now MSU) It happens to be a very highly ranked education studies.
He's a grad of SWMS. He is/was? the youngest CPA in MO history and now is a VP of sales for a medical auditing company. Boys making bank too. Oh and by the way: Both of my daughters graduated from SWMS too...I guess they are all losers. Dammed If I would just known this earlier I could have saved myself at least a quarter million bucks. **** me, I just can't do anything right....

But my girls both have Masters degrees, and both teach school, one in KC Metro, the other in Republic. My youngest will soon be getting her Doctorate in Education. My son in law has a Doctorate in Education and a Doctorate of Music. Can you guess where he graduated from??? SWMS Springfield, MO.

That would be SMSU. Southwest Missouri State University. It is now MSU. Missouri State University.

cooper barrett 11-08-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 13206234)
I've lived in Springfield all of my life (I'll be 41 next week). I'm fine where I'm at in my career, but I can do what I do anywhere (why I chose the field). Paralegals actually make more in KC area. My boyfriend is a chef, and the opportunities for him here are pretty much zilch. He thought about Kentucky when he went to Lexington to see his mom when she was in the hospital. Luckily, he has a friend who moved up to Lee's Summit, and we went to visit him before the Monday night game last week. Bryan had never been to KC other than one Chiefs game last year. Turns out, he liked it. He started researching jobs in that area, and then he asked me how I'd feel about a possible move. Hence, the information gathering. I'm looking for a rental for now, just because I don't want to go through buying a house So before we learn the area better or decide that it's just not for us.

So all the info I prepared regarding renting vs buying was wasted? **** me!!!!ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL I already had most of it that I put together for my kids, I just fine tuned the numbers. I post it incase, well, you want to read it.

Bryan have any formal training? Experience?

Let me guess, Chef de roll throwing?ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

https://livability.com/sites/default...08TB5830_3.jpg

BlackHelicopters 11-08-2017 04:51 PM

Springfield is a city with progressive leaders and the state’s largest university. Bright outlook for the city.

BWillie 11-08-2017 04:54 PM

Quote:

This is a little intense. There are a half a million people in the Springfield area. I have a few friends from Springfield. Some moved, some stayed. They are all doing fine. There is actually pretty decent growth in the Springfield Metropolitan area.

cooper barrett 11-08-2017 04:58 PM

You stole my idea,

Nice to know my kids are in such good company.

Wish I would have known Goodman went to SMSU now MSU

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 13206433)
What a bunch of losers...
  • David Glass: Former CEO of Walmart, Owner/CEO of the KC Royals, graduated from Missouri State University in Springfield
  • John Morris: Founder/CEO of Bass Pro Shops, graduated from Drury Univeristy in Springfield, net worth $3.9 Billion
  • Charles F. O'Reilly (father) and Charles H. O'Reilly (son): founders of O'Reilly Auto Parts in 1957, more than 4,970 stores in 47 states
  • Payne Stewart: 2 time winner of the USGA's United States Open, 1 time winner of the PGA Championship
  • Bob Barker: Game show host, family moved to Springfield in 1931, graduated from Drury University, kicked Adam Sandler's ass in Happy Gilmore.
  • John Goodman: Actor, attended Missouri State University on a football scholarship, survived multiple deaths
  • Brad Pitt: Actor, grew up in Springfield, Academy Award winner, used to **** Jennifer Aniston

cooper barrett 11-08-2017 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 13206914)
That would be SMSU. Southwest Missouri State University. It is now MSU. Missouri State University.

I have always had trouble with calling it that. Maybe that's how it should have been?

All I know is "My checks cashed". ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

duncan_idaho 11-08-2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 13206920)
Springfield is a city with progressive leaders and the state’s largest university. Bright outlook for the city.

Second part is not accurate. Mizzou is still the largest university in the state. Freshman class this year was still bigger than Springfield's, and there are still 20 percent more students enrolled in undergrad and grad programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRedChief 11-08-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13206928)
This is a little intense. There are a half a million people in the Springfield area. I have a few friends from Springfield. Some moved, some stayed. They are all doing fine. There is actually pretty decent growth in the Springfield Metropolitan area.

I grew up there. 90% of my family lives there now and has for at least 6 generations. I obviously follow their lives and what's happening in the city. I've seen a lot of the world. Lived in many places. It's just my Springfield experience and opinion.

BlackHelicopters 11-08-2017 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13206958)
Second part is not accurate. Mizzou is still the largest university in the state. Freshman class this year was still bigger than Springfield's, and there are still 20 percent more students enrolled in undergrad and grad programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link?

BryanBusby 11-08-2017 08:21 PM

Buying a house isn't really advantageous unless you intend to stay at that one spot for around a decade, at least. That's befpre mentioning the amount of money you will burn right after buying.

I would almost always suggest renting over buying for awhile until you're sure that area is where you want to stay.

Beyond that, market is god awful for buyers right now. It definitely isn't going to sustain and without veerinng DC, it's best to wait unless you're selling. The bottom is going to fall out again.

duncan_idaho 11-08-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 13207104)
Link?

https://news.missouristate.edu/2017/...llment-record/

^SMS enrollment figures. Have to manually add the grad and undergrad figures.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/...pected-decline

^ Mizzou figures. Same applies.

Mizzou's graduate school is, as probably expected, much larger, as it it is a research, land grant school, and those have more graduate options.

Randallflagg 11-08-2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 13204820)
Spring Hill.

Lower cost of living and minutes away from Olathe/Overland Park.

I have to agree here. Spring Hill has really shot up. I'd recommend Olathe, but damn! Things have went sky high around here - and I wouldn't waste any time in Overland Park....it's worse.