ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs hope big gamble on Patrick Mahomes pays off (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316290)

Tombstone RJ 07-18-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13634645)
Mahomes already has the keys to your place.

You can have them back when he's done ****ing your mothers next year.

:clap:

pugsnotdrugs19 07-18-2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 13634641)
I'm not worried about the Broncos. I'm confident they will be better, maybe not a division winner, but I'm hoping for a possible wild card spot. As for KC, I'm simply saying that there's a lot of wishful thinking going on here. The poster I quoted says they wish Mahomes is as good as advertised. Who's advertising that Mahomes is the next Brett Favre? Are the Chiefs actually advertising that Mahomes is going to take the Chiefs to the SB in year one?

That's why I did the "fyp" because the Chiefs organization is not advertising Mahomes as the next Aaron Rogers. So where is this "advertising" coming from? It's coming from posters here who are fantasizing that Mahomes will be greater than the greatest QBs to have strapped on a KC helmet, amirite?

Our GM literally called him one of the best players he’s ever seen in February. Andy Reid said that he felt like the offense could score on every possession against Denver that Mahomes was out there.

Quote:

"I went into that game feeling like we could score anytime," Reid told "The Around the NFL Podcast" last month at the Annual League Meeting in Orlando, Florida. "Once I got into the game, I felt the same thing."
In a game where Mahomes’ best weapon was Albert ****ing Wilson.

Tribal Warfare 07-18-2018 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13634656)
Our GM literally called him one of the best players he’s ever seen in February. Andy Reid said that he felt like the offense could score on every possession against Denver that Mahomes was out there.

In a game where Mahomes’ best weapon was Albert ****ing Wilson.

Mahomes got Wilson paid

Chiefaholic 07-18-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 13634641)
I'm not worried about the Broncos. I'm confident they will be better, maybe not a division winner, but I'm hoping for a possible wild card spot. As for KC, I'm simply saying that there's a lot of wishful thinking going on here. The poster I quoted says they wish Mahomes is as good as advertised. Who's advertising that Mahomes is the next Brett Favre? Are the Chiefs actually advertising that Mahomes is going to take the Chiefs to the SB in year one?

That's why I did the "fyp" because the Chiefs organization is not advertising Mahomes as the next Aaron Rogers. So where is this "advertising" coming from? It's coming from posters here who are fantasizing that Mahomes will be greater than the greatest QBs to have strapped on a KC helmet, amirite?

I don't think anybody realistically expects Mahomes to lead the Chiefs to the SB in year 1. He's going to make a few "what the **** were you thinking?" plays, followed up with "Did you see that ******* throw! Holy CRAP, we finally have a franchise QB". My realistic expectations for year 1 in KC is a top 10 QB in the league. But, long term, he has all the physical and mental attributes and multiple offensive weapons to be a top 3 EASILY.

And I'm not comparing him to this guy or that guy. I have this gut feeling that teams on draft day will be comparing picks to Mahomes in the future. He was raised in the perfect setting with a father who was a long term professional athlete, so the pressure of being in the NFL shouldn't be a big deal. In college, his defense was TERRIBLE, yet he never folded and played outstanding under pressure. Mahomes isn't going to be a good QB in the NFL, he's going to be an ELITE QB for a decade or longer.

stevieray 07-18-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13634661)
Mahomes got Wilson paid

Wilson got Wilson paid.

Made a bunch of clutch catches and plays last year.

Easy 6 07-18-2018 08:03 PM

He gets the Favre comparisons, he gets the Rodgers comparisons and thats fine... but I'd bet big money that Mahomes development in the pro game faaaaaar exceeds where either of those two were in their second years

Pat is that guy, he is going to exceed expectations from day 1

We'll lose a swashbuckling few... but we'll win more

Pablo 07-18-2018 08:08 PM

Pat is gonna swing his monster dick all over the league for a decade plus. Gamble my ass. We're sitting on a goddamn goldmine and we're taking it to the bank.

KCTitus 07-18-2018 08:09 PM

I'm looking forward to the gamble...

I mean its the first time since Carl drafted Todd Blackledge...and we all know how bad Carl sucked.

stevieray 07-18-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 13634684)
I'm looking forward to the gamble...

I mean its the first time since Carl drafted Todd Blackledge...and we all know how bad Carl sucked.

I have cautious optimism.

Not Because of PM, but because Chiefs.

I'm pretty much snake bit at this point..

:(

tk13 07-18-2018 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13634687)
I have cautious optimism.

Not Because of PM, but because Chiefs.

I'm pretty much snake bit at this point..

:(

That might be my biggest fear. Everyone is so confident he's going to be great. I think he will be too, he has all the talent in the world, but the Chiefs have certainly squandered talent before. I've never seen everyone so confident in something. Things never turn out like you think they will, and there are always bumps in the road. Especially with the Chiefs.

Tribal Warfare 07-18-2018 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13634677)
Wilson got Wilson paid.

Made a bunch of clutch catches and plays last year.

Sure, alligator arms was clutch

stevieray 07-18-2018 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13634704)
Sure, alligator arms was clutch

:rolleyes:

PAID.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-18-2018 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 13634696)
That might be my biggest fear. Everyone is so confident he's going to be great. I think he will be too, he has all the talent in the world, but the Chiefs have certainly squandered talent before. I've never seen everyone so confident in something. Things never turn out like you think they will, and there are always bumps in the road. Especially with the Chiefs.

He's going to earn his stripes this year. Our AFCW opponent are all loaded with pass rushers and we get the Rams and Jags with elite secondarys. Everybody has the ****ing Chargers going to the SB,LOL. So he gets tested right away.

stevieray 07-18-2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 13634696)

Exactly.

BWillie 07-18-2018 08:42 PM

I'm convinced that Kermit the Frog is Patrick Mahomes. Listen to their voices. I swear to god, same guy.