ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Injury update from Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319475)

SAUTO 12-11-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13951431)
WHOA, you better watch it over there in Haglund Land, Glory Dayze. Next thing you know, you'll be getting banned from that thread and then two a week for no ****ing rhyme or reason whatsoever.

And on and on it goes at "Power with no checks and balances"-Planet.

:whackit:

shit i didnt know that was how it worked...

let me try that.

BigRedChief 12-11-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13951571)
I do not care about the safety of the players. The NFL should just have them sign waivers. List out every possible risk you can think of. If they want to play, sign it. If not, go become an accountant. Play good football.

You want to go backwards? Going to have to stop being a fan. Ratings are up. Highest ratings in years across the board. The verdict is in, the public likes the offense. Sports change over the years. The publics taste in sports change.

The NFL doesn't change to what the fans want, they will get left behind like baseball. Fans of the local teams but don't watch a game in the other league on a regular basis.

Wallcrawler 12-11-2018 12:26 PM

I'm a fan of defense, but my God those 90s Chiefs teams were excruciatingly boring. I remember when the Chiefs scoring 21 points was a fireworks show.

dirk digler 12-11-2018 02:37 PM

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-ready-to-go/

Quote:

Despite concerns that a foot injury suffered on Sunday could keep him out of Thursday night’s big AFC West showdown with the Chargers, Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill appears good to go.

Hill was on the practice field today, and Michele Steele of ESPN reports that Hill was running and cutting and looks fine.

That matches what Chiefs coach Andy Reid indicated on Monday, when he predicted that Hill will play against the Chargers.

It’s a very big game for the Chiefs on Thursday, who clinch the AFC West with a win and would be overwhelming favorites to earn home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. If the Chargers win, however, L.A. will move into a tie for first place in the division with two games to go. (The Chiefs would still own the tiebreaker edge based on their better division record.)

The Chiefs have had a lot of players banged up, but Hill, perhaps their most important player after Patrick Mahomes, appears to be just fine.

O.city 12-11-2018 02:38 PM

So what was the actual injury?

Hammock Parties 12-11-2018 02:40 PM

He got his foot stepped on I think.

htismaqe 12-11-2018 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 13951955)
I'm a fan of defense, but my God those 90s Chiefs teams were excruciatingly boring. I remember when the Chiefs scoring 21 points was a fireworks show.

Not just boring but heartbreaking. I don't ever want to go back there. It's Mahomes time!

dirk digler 12-11-2018 02:43 PM

Erving, Ware and Watkins didn't practice today

Frazod 12-11-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13952333)
Not just boring but heartbreaking. I don't ever want to go back there. It's Mahomes time!

Those were the teams that lost the games like we won Sunday.

BWillie 12-11-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 13951678)
They do sign a waiver like that. That is why the issue was not that hits and concussions cause CTE, but rather that the NFL knew that and covered it up. That makes the actions of the NFL malicious, and not simply gross negligence.

Intentional torts are not held subject to exculpatory clauses, only negligence.

I'm talking about moving forward. As CTE is now a known issue, its a risk you decide to accept or not. Completely understand suits or the frustrations of old players though.

ptlyon 12-11-2018 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 13951955)

I'm not sure how every time we lined up for a field goal you weren't on the edge of your seat

Chiefnj2 12-11-2018 02:55 PM

There is a vast difference between a good defense shutting down a good offense ala the Bears/Rams, and an okay defense shutting down a bad offense Seattle/Vikings last night.

wazu 12-11-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 13952342)
I'm not sure how every time we lined up for a field goal you weren't on the edge of your seat

Starting to feel that way now, honestly.

TomBarndtsTwin 12-11-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 13952404)
Starting to feel that way now, honestly.

Yeah, Butker did not look good on Sunday.

Hopefully he bounces back Thursday night.

We need his head right for the playoffs.

OKchiefs 12-11-2018 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 13952410)
Yeah, Butker did not look good on Sunday.

Hopefully he bounces back Thursday night.

We need his head right for the playoffs.

This isn't really a one game issue though, is it? He's been missing a PAT almost every game dating back the past month or so.