ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Any Jeep Wrangler owners? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321475)

tooge 02-26-2019 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 14124591)
Now that wins the thread.

I want one so bad but have nowhere to store it when it’s not being shown off.

you won't want to show it. They are too fun to drive. Raw as hell. Torqey as hell. They don't go very fast though. I've not been over maybe 45mph. THey get a tad bouncy after that.

Bugeater 02-26-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 14124534)
I got pretty lucky. I bought it used and the guy that had it before me had done pretty much everything too it. I bought it in 2015 with 8,000 miles on it. I basically paid his payoff, which didn't include the extras.

I did put a stereo system in it (Unlimited Sport, doesn't have a good system), the grill, and the cold air intake. So, I've only got like $1500 in extras, out of my pocket.

That's a nice score, dude probably got in over his head with it. Hell I want it just for that front bumper/winch.

Bugeater 02-26-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 14124582)
Well, not exactly a "wrangler", but certainly the grandfather of all Jeeps. Here is my 1947 CJ2A. I'm still not quite done fixing her all up yet, but she runs, drives, stops, turns, and lights up, which is good enough for me right now.

I love when I see dudes in their new wranglers take the doors and top off and I come cruising by with no doors, no top, and the windshield down. Now THAT is open air.

Isn't that all that those things were really designed to do? I mean unless you're thinking of adding an artillery package, which I totally understand.

Dunit35 02-26-2019 11:47 AM

Getting rims and tires delivered today. Hopefully nobody steals them from my front porch. Makes me nervous leaving them out while I’m at work.

seaofred 02-26-2019 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14124652)
That's a nice score, dude probably got in over his head with it. Hell I want it just for that front bumper/winch.

The guy bought it and towed it to Detroit behind their RV. Then then they went driving around Canada with another couple. The wife and other couple didn't like how it drove, so they bought her a brand new Tahoe and sold the Jeep for payoff. Yeah, pretty lucky on this one.

tooge 02-26-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14124657)
Isn't that all that those things were really designed to do? I mean unless you're thinking of adding an artillery package, which I totally understand.

yes, but I don't have things like turn signals, seat cushions, a back seat, stereo, or anything like that. I'd like to have some tunes in her, and at least some upholstered seats. In due time.

Radar Chief 02-26-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14121686)
Mine rides a little rough...

Really, yours?
I'm guessing MB but I don't recognize the extra little bump in the hood.

Radar Chief 02-26-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 14124216)
91 YJ as my daily driver. Thank god I work 10 minutes away. Leaf springs make for a rough ride.

Aftermarket springs and shocks can smooth that out some but at the end of the day you're still driving a solid axle rig. It'll never ride like a Caddy.

tooge 02-26-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 14124993)
Aftermarket springs and shocks can smooth that out some but at the end of the day you're still driving a solid axle rig. It'll never ride like a Caddy.

Some sort of "bump" is usually to make room for a swap to a F motor with the overhead valves. The carb sits too high to fit under a regular flat fender. It's a common swap since it gives 12 more horsepower, which is alot considering the L125 motor in the MB and Willys only have about 60 HP to start.

SAUTO 02-26-2019 04:36 PM

I had an old willys tug thing at the shop for a while. Like off an air craft carrier I think. The guy uses it to pull his planes aroundat the clinton airport. It was really cool.

baitism 02-26-2019 09:11 PM

I liked the liberty I owned. Eat my ass.

jdubya 02-26-2019 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism (Post 14125721)
I liked the liberty I owned. Eat my ass.

That`s cool......so I guess they didn`t have any "Mens" Jeeps the day you shopped? Only Libertys?

(just being a smartass ;)

rageeumr 02-26-2019 11:25 PM

I had a Wrangler several years ago. As much as I loved it, it wasn't very practical, so I got rid of it. Last summer I went to Colorado and rented one for a week and fell back in love. I bought one a couple of months later as a toy. She's a 2009 and I got a pretty decent deal on her out in BF nowhere Illinois. I put some new wheels and tires on her and (not pictured) added a winch. It's certainly not a "nice" Jeep (doesn't even have carpet on the interior) but it's the closest thing to my dream car that I can presently afford.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/20...=w1827-h888-no

God of Thunder 02-26-2019 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 14125830)
I had a Wrangler several years ago. As much as I loved it, it wasn't very practical, so I got rid of it. Last summer I went to Colorado and rented one for a week and fell back in love. I bought one a couple of months later as a toy. She's a 2009 and I got a pretty decent deal on her out in BF nowhere Illinois. I put some new wheels and tires on her and (not pictured) added a winch. It's certainly not a "nice" Jeep (doesn't even have carpet on the interior) but it's the closest thing to my dream car that I can presently afford.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/20...=w1827-h888-no

I love those tires/wheels.

rageeumr 02-26-2019 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by God of Thunder (Post 14125836)
I love those tires/wheels.

I probably spent more time and brain power shopping for those wheels/tires than any other purchase I've made in the past 5 years. And I've bought a house in the last 5 years.