ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs A Levelheaded Review Wk17 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=346784)

LOCOChief 01-01-2023 05:45 PM

Looks to me that the missed FG at half was slightly tipped

Megatron96 01-01-2023 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 16701453)
Looks to me that the missed FG at half was slightly tipped

Went in the statbook as blocked. Still Butker and Toub's fault though.

DrunkBassGuitar 01-01-2023 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 16701350)
Thanks Obama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flFbGWnUfnU

WilliamTheIrish 01-01-2023 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16701452)
the chiefs gave up way too many ****ing yards rushing

clean that shit up and the drops NOW

They could have defended Wilson better for sure. He had 30 of their 117. Had 4 sacks and missed on two others that were certain but he wriggled away.

ChiefsFan63 01-01-2023 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 16701424)
Yep.

But it's not a 'we're not good enough' problem, it's a 'focus' problem.

When you think about it, we play like three more games a year than most teams, and every single opponent is totally focused on beating us. They still rarely do, but man, it's got to be tough to maintain that 100% focus every snap, 20 games a year.

I think they just have mental lapses sometimes, I really do.

Not an excuse, just an explanation for what often seems unexplainable.

Kelce has even said during the podcast that it is difficult to maintain gain focus for 17 games. Hopefully we can get locked in soon.

DenverChief 01-01-2023 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike (Post 16701379)
Did anyone notice on the first TD drive they kept showing EB he looked upset about something.

I didn't see that

-King- 01-01-2023 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 16701460)
Went in the statbook as blocked. Still Butker and Toub's fault though.

I mean Toub is in charge of special teams. How many special teams mistakes are we allowed in just about every phase of special teams before we point at the guy in charge?

Megatron96 01-01-2023 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 16701476)
I mean Toub is in charge of special teams. How many special teams mistakes are we allowed in just about every phase of special teams before we point at the guy in charge?

Lol, what exactly should Toub have coached there? "Kick it 3 inches higher?"LMAO

-King- 01-01-2023 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 16701488)
Lol, what exactly should Toub have coached there? "Kick it 3 inches higher?"LMAO

He's in charge of the blocking scheme.

If this was just an isolated special teams incident, fine, shit happens. But special teams has been horrible all year. Either he's coaching like shit or he's not holding bad players accountable.

It's like an O-line coach. Sacks happen, but when they are happening at a ridiculous level, it goes back to the coach.

Megatron96 01-01-2023 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 16701502)
He's in charge of the blocking scheme.

If this was just an isolated special teams incident, fine, shit happens. But special teams has been horrible all year. Either he's coaching like shit or he's not holding bad players accountable.

It's like an O-line coach. Sacks happen, but when they are happening at a ridiculous level, it goes back to the coach.

How many kicks have been blocked this season? How many since Toub became ST coach? I mean if this is some kind of epidemic that should be reflected in the stats, so show me some facts.

-King- 01-01-2023 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 16701506)
How many kicks have been blocked this season? How many since Toub became ST coach? I mean if this is some kind of epidemic that should be reflected in the stats, so show me some facts.

He's not just the coach of unblocked kicks. He's the coach of special teams. A group that's failing at basically everything. When mistakes are happening at every phase, then it falls on him. It's not just 1 player struggling. It's also not players not executing tough plays. It's the simple shit that keeps breaking down.

But hey, I guess since this is a new special teams **** up, it's not his fault.

chiefzilla1501 01-01-2023 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 16701424)
Yep.

But it's not a 'we're not good enough' problem, it's a 'focus' problem.

When you think about it, we play like three more games a year than most teams, and every single opponent is totally focused on beating us. They still rarely do, but man, it's got to be tough to maintain that 100% focus every snap, 20 games a year.

I think they just have mental lapses sometimes, I really do.

Not an excuse, just an explanation for what often seems unexplainable.

Well that’s why I don’t agree that many think efficiency is a long term strategy. It’s a great idea for what we have. But it magnifies every small mistake. You can’t drop passes. Miss on an overthrow. Because we have to sustain long drives with lots of third downs. And we find ourselves in so many 3rd and shorts which isn’t our bread and butter. i just don’t know that this kind of constant perfection of execution is in our dna.

tyreekthefreak 01-01-2023 06:11 PM

Toney had ball on defenders side when he fumbled....has to change hands with ball there. Toneys bad.

chiefzilla1501 01-01-2023 06:13 PM

Also just to be a broken record, why does it feel like our WRs never fight for the ball? The best WRs are pushing off and hand fighting. It feels like our WRs don’t attack the football. They wait for the ball to get to them. Just me?

Chris Meck 01-01-2023 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16701549)
Well that’s why I don’t agree that many think efficiency is a long term strategy. It’s a great idea for what we have. But it magnifies every small mistake. You can’t drop passes. Miss on an overthrow. Because we have to sustain long drives with lots of third downs. And we find ourselves in so many 3rd and shorts which isn’t our bread and butter. i just don’t know that this kind of constant perfection of execution is in our dna.

You don't really have a choice.

We had Tyreek Hill, the deep threat of all deep threats and defenses just sat back in deep zones and made him a possession receiver.
Juju has a higher ypc this season than Hill had last year.

It's not like we just decided to be a ball control passing attack, it was and is an adjustment to how the NFL was defending us.

That's not going to change.

And the outlet pass to the back is STILL there all day long, we just don't always take it.

The other guys get paid too, ya know.