ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar Games) 360/PS3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=224705)

Ceej 05-28-2010 12:33 AM

Just bought mine today. So far, so fun. I've enjoyed it. My little cousin has been playing poker most of the time. Crazy kid. They don't have XBL and I'm housesitting this weekend. I'll probably play some MP Sunday or Monday evening.

Saulbadguy 05-28-2010 06:44 AM

Anyone who has this on PS3 need a golden guns weapon pack?

KCFalcon59 05-28-2010 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 6785782)
Anyone who has this on PS3 need a golden guns weapon pack?

Did you get yours from Amazon? I did and when I got the game it had a code in it for the Golden Guns pack. Then I received my pre-order bonus from Amazon for the Golden Guns pack. Kind of irritated me that I got something as an incentive from Amazon that I was going to get anyway.

Saulbadguy 05-28-2010 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59 (Post 6785857)
Did you get yours from Amazon? I did and when I got the game it had a code in it for the Golden Guns pack. Then I received my pre-order bonus from Amazon for the Golden Guns pack. Kind of irritated me that I got something as an incentive from Amazon that I was going to get anyway.

Yep. :LOL:

Sure-Oz 05-28-2010 10:00 AM

I do, i only have the horse code, what does the gg weapon pack do

Saulbadguy 05-28-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6786121)

makes some of your guns golden, and apparently you gain fame faster. I'll PM you the code.

Pants 05-28-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6786121)

Your starting weapons are golden and you get more fame per kill with them. It's reeruned because you can pretty much upgrade all your guns instantly, making the golden ones obsolete.

P.S. I'm using the Henry Repeater and the LeMatt Revolver right now, but I think the Bolt Action Rifle is my favorite so far.

P.P.S. Is the warhorse a 3-star fast ride?

Quesadilla Joe 05-28-2010 10:11 AM

Have played this game for an hour or so and I am wondering when the hell do I get my lasso?

Also I found some dude looking for treasure getting attacked he died when I was trying to save him and now I have this treasure map that really gives you ZERO help on figuring out where the treasure is. Has anybody found any treasure?

Pants 05-28-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6786135)
Have played this game for an hour or so and I am wondering when the hell do I get my lasso?

Also I found some dude looking for treasure getting attacked he died when I was trying to save him and now I have this treasure map that really gives you ZERO help on figuring out where the treasure is. Has anybody found any treasure?

Do Bonnie MacFarlane missions for your lasso. And yeah, I've gotten all the treasures and it does give you help. You just haven't played long enough.

Huffmeister 05-28-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6786135)

Just keep playing through the missions. You should get your lasso real quick, and you'll eventually figure out the location the map is referring to.

When I first started playing, I barely touched the missions. I was too busy doing challenges and treasure hunting. Now, I'm trying to focus more on the missions, which unlock things like the lasso and painting targets in Dead Eye (which makes it a LOT easier to save hanging people).

Ceej 05-28-2010 10:47 AM

So, I'm browsing the net while watching my little cousin play. He's just hunting and playing poker. What sort of things re-sell for a nice amount of change? Like what animals?

Quesadilla Joe 05-28-2010 10:48 AM

I have only done I think 4 or 5 missions and the rest of the time I have been running around on the horse and killing whatever I see.

Pants 05-28-2010 10:50 AM

Marksman level 10 is a bit of a bitch. You have to disarm 6 dudes without reloading or changing your weapon.

Pants 05-28-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6786189)
So, I'm browsing the net while watching my little cousin play. He's just hunting and playing poker. What sort of things re-sell for a nice amount of change? Like what animals?

Wolves are a pretty good cash machine because they're usually in packs and it's easy to take out 5 at a time and skin them all right there. They're worth like around $50 a pop if you get the heart. I got rich by killing a shit ton of wolves and doing the bounty hunter missions (alive). The best species in the game are the buffalo, though. Those ****ers will make you rich quick.

Ceej 05-28-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6786209)
Wolves are a pretty good cash machine because they're usually in packs and it's easy to take out 5 at a time and skin them all right there. They're worth like around $50 a pop if you get the heart. I got rich by killing a shit ton of wolves and doing the bounty hunter mission (alive). The best species in the game are the buffalo, though. Those ****ers will make you rich quick.

How does one attain a wolf heart? Normally we skin 'em, take their meat, and a wolf "pelt."

Pants 05-28-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6786213)
How does one attain a wolf heart? Normally we skin 'em, take their meat, and a wolf "pelt."

You just skin the wolf and hope you get it. Most of the species have a 3rd part to them, some predators have a fourth.

Ceej 05-28-2010 11:05 AM

Interesting. I've only seen the boar with three different things you could obtain while skinning them.

Pants 05-28-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6786229)
Interesting. I've only seen the boar with three different things you could obtain while skinning them.

Bucks have the skin, meat and antlers for example. A cougar, on the other hand can give you meat, skin, claw and fang. You should tell your cousin to start doing the hunter challenge. By the time he's done with that, he'll be tired of killing animals, lol.

Ceej 05-28-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6786232)
Bucks have the skin, meat and antlers for example. A cougar, on the other hand can give you meat, skin, claw and fang. You should tell your cousin to start doing the hunter challenge. By the time he's done with that, he'll be tired of killing animals, lol.

He's playing poker. AGAIN. :|

Buck 05-28-2010 11:15 AM

I love this game. Thanks for that info Metro.

Pants 05-28-2010 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6786249)
I love this game. Thanks for that info Metro.

Yeah, this is a lot more fun than GTA IV for me, I just love the setting. And no problem, I'm pretty much done with the SP and I'm just going to say that the missions get much funner towards the end.

Dayze 05-28-2010 11:23 AM

I'm not sure if I've beatn SP yet; I've go to the point where I kill Williamson, but the game just locks up after I shoot him.

I 've played the mission 5 times now, same result.

I was too frustrated with the result earliier this week; gonnd give it a go again tonight.
if it locks up I"ll just resrot to hunting things etc. not sure i want to jack with MP. My first MP experience was with MW2...and that sucked. Fun for about 3 days, then just got stupid

Buck 05-28-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6786258)
Yeah, this is a lot more fun than GTA IV for me, I just love the setting. And no problem, I'm pretty much done with the SP and I'm just going to say that the missions get much funner towards the end.

I've played about 70% MP and 30% SP and I'm about 12 hours into the SP.

Buck 05-28-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 6786264)
I'm not sure if I've beatn SP yet

How about a spoiler warning man?

Pants 05-28-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 6786264)
I'm not sure if I've beatn SP yet; I've go to the point where I kill Williamson, but the game just locks up after I shoot him.

I 've played the mission 5 times now, same result.

I was too frustrated with the result earliier this week; gonnd give it a go again tonight.
if it locks up I"ll just resrot to hunting things etc. not sure i want to jack with MP. My first MP experience was with MW2...and that sucked. Fun for about 3 days, then just got stupid

The game does not end with that mission. Try a different save, maybe? I'd be pretty pissed if that happened to me, sorry dude.

Dayze 05-28-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6786269)
How about a spoiler warning man?

sorry :doh!:lol. I just assumed the plot of revenge against Williamson was on-going /well known etc. and wasn't sure if it was locking up because of a glitch or because it was the end etc.

my bad.:(

Dayze 05-28-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6786270)
The game does not end with that mission. Try a different save, maybe? I'd be pretty pissed if that happened to me, sorry dude.

i'll give it a go tonight.

if not, I'll go get some revenge on the MF cougars that keep attacking me.

Pants 05-28-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 6786278)
i'll give it a go tonight.

if not, I'll go get some revenge on the MF cougars that keep attacking me.

LMAO. Those ****ers ruined my boar hunting experience. I ****ing hate cougars. They're a joke compared to a bear, though. If a bear catches you off guard, you're ****ing dead - there are no second chances.

Jerm 05-28-2010 11:37 AM

Got the game finally.

I'll prolly be on Live later if anyone wants to Free Roam on MP...feel free to add me, GT is Jerm411.

Dayze 05-28-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6786284)
LMAO. Those ****ers ruined my boar hunting experience. I ****ing hate cougars. They're a joke compared to a bear, though. If a bear catches you off guard, you're ****ing dead - there are no second chances.

so far my attacks have occured when I'm on the horse!
bastards kill my steed, then me.

Pants 05-28-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 6786295)
so far my attacks have occured when I'm on the horse!
bastards kill my steed, then me.

Yeah, plus they're real ****ing sneaky. I got so freaking paranoid at one point hunting for the boar, I'd be constantly checking my six. Those ****ers close in on your horse real fast if you aren't galloping and it's a scramble to shoot their stupid snouts. Kind of funny, actually, now that I think about it.

Skyy God 05-28-2010 12:05 PM

I'm stuck on the armadillo/boar hunting challenge..... those f'ers never pop up when you want them to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6786258)

Agreed. The side challenges in this game are way more interesting and less passe than stealing cars, finding pigeons, etc.

Kraus 05-28-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6786284)
They're a joke compared to a bear, though. If a bear catches you off guard, you're ****ing dead - there are no second chances.

I had 3 bears chasing me at one point. They took out Salame (Kyb123) when he was standing next to me, then all three started chasing me. We have some good freeroam bear stories.

Anybody up for a 360 posse tonight? I should be home a little after 11 p.m. CST.

Buck 05-28-2010 12:32 PM

Bears are easy street compared to cougars.

CHENZ A! 05-28-2010 02:49 PM

I bought that cowboy game. Drunktyrone gonna run shit in the wild wild west. You betta count yo money ghetto cowboy I'll be a rootin tootin shootin damn fool
Posted via Mobile Device

CHENZ A! 05-28-2010 02:50 PM

For PS3 BTW
Posted via Mobile Device

Pants 05-28-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6786377)
Bears are easy street compared to cougars.

Meh, a cougar will get you down and you can still get up and kill the bitch. If a bear gets you down, you're ****ing dead.

Pants 05-28-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 6786338)
I'm stuck on the armadillo/boar hunting challenge..... those f'ers never pop up when you want them to.

Agreed. The side challenges in this game are way more interesting and less passe than stealing cars, finding pigeons, etc.

Oh yeah, that took a while. The one that pissed me off the most was skunks/coons/foxes. Skunks took me twice as long as coons and foxes put together. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right places...

Sure-Oz 05-28-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6786840)
Meh, a cougar will get you down and you can still get up and kill the bitch. If a bear gets you down, you're ****ing dead.

Where do u see a bear at lol

Pants 05-28-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6786868)
Where do u see a bear at lol

Up in the NE corner of the map in Tall Trees. I never ventured there until way late in the game. You better listen closely for a distant roar lest you get your face torn off. :)

Buck 05-28-2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6786873)
Up in the NE corner of the map in Tall Trees. I never ventured there until way late in the game. You better listen closely for a distant roar lest you get your face torn off. :)

Maybe we are spoiled because of the Turtles (I have the P21s for the PS3).

Quesadilla Joe 05-28-2010 06:35 PM

Tried some Free Roam and thought I would be funny and try and kill the people in the games. I would kill them once and then I quickly realized that they all have better weapons than me and I didn't stand a chance when they came after me. I tried running away from this one guy but I was stuck with my level 1 donkey and he was running circles around me with his horse. LMAO

Mecca 05-28-2010 07:19 PM

Yea I picked this up, pretty fun for the most part.

I got the new UFC also so kind of mixing back and forth on what I'm playing.

Buck 05-28-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6787084)
Tried some Free Roam and thought I would be funny and try and kill the people in the games. I would kill them once and then I quickly realized that they all have better weapons than me and I didn't stand a chance when they came after me. I tried running away from this one guy but I was stuck with my level 1 donkey and he was running circles around me with his horse. LMAO

I love it when a guy on a donkey starts attacking me.

Pants 05-28-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6786974)
Maybe we are spoiled because of the Turtles (I have the P21s for the PS3).

Yeah, dude, these things are absolutely incredible. They're a godsend when looking for animals. Helped me a lot hunting armadillos because I could hear their stupid snorts from really far away, lol.

Buck 05-28-2010 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6787345)
Yeah, dude, these things are absolutely incredible. They're a godsend when looking for animals. Helped me a lot hunting armadillos because I could hear their stupid snorts from really far away, lol.

Yeah, my buddies and I do all our missions at the same time and they wonder how the hell I can tell where the wolves are howling from.

Jerm 05-29-2010 11:52 AM

So I finally got to play this some after buying it the other...holy crap, I can see why this game is getting universally praised...it's absolutely incredible.

Only played it for about 2 hours but I was mesmerized...I really didn't even do any missions, just roamed everywhere, hunted, explored, etc. Its funny because sometimes I just found myself roaming the deserts and whatnot and not doing anything, it was just fun to ride around. There was times when I would stop and watch the little things the NPC's did as well...this game immerses you beyond belief, it really feels like the old Wild West.

I can't wait to jump into MP and do some Free Roam...it has to be epic after just playing SP for a bit.

Awesome, awesome game.

BTW...the mountain lions are ridiculous lol.

Quesadilla Joe 05-29-2010 12:37 PM

Hey Buck why haven't you accepted my friend request? My PSN is McWarfare.

Quesadilla Joe 05-29-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 6788104)

BTW...the mountain lions are ridiculous lol.

I still haven't ran into one of those guys and I have over 5 hours played. Haven't ran into a Bear either and I spend most of my time hunting.

Jerm 05-29-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6788150)
I still haven't ran into one of those guys and I have over 5 hours played. Haven't ran into a Bear either and I spend most of my time hunting.

I've only ran into one and this was like after 20 mins. of playing lol...haven't seen one since.

Damn thing killed my horse then me.

Pants 05-29-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6788150)

Cougars are found in many places, you'll eventually stumble on some.

Bears are only specific to one, rather small area.

KCChiefsMan 05-29-2010 01:37 PM

I love the movie references in this game. Plainview is definitely a nod to There Will Be Blood. There are some things from Wild Bunch and I'm sure there are many others that I can't think of.

Buck 05-29-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6788148)
Hey Buck why haven't you accepted my friend request? My PSN is McWarfare.

Why would I want to be friends with you?

I don't like you.

Quesadilla Joe 05-29-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6788177)

I don't like you.

It's for video games. No big deal though.

Kraus 05-29-2010 01:42 PM

I just spent two hours playing Liar's Dice. Didn't even realize it.

vailpass 05-29-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6788177)

I don't like you.

:D Charger bitch showing her claws.

KCChiefsMan 05-29-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 6788183)
I just spent two hours playing Liar's Dice. Didn't even realize it.

I have spent several hours trying to win that without losing a single die for the cheevo, cant do it. :mad:

Pants 05-29-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 6788189)
I have spent several hours trying to win that without losing a single die for the cheevo, cant do it. :mad:

LOL, are you serious? It's an incredibly easy game of odds. Try playing against a single opponent, I can do that and not lose a die 95% of the time. 2 is pretty easy as well, after that it gets a little trickier.

P.S. There's going to be a mission for a stranger that's going to allow you to bet $200 on a game of Liar's Dice over and over. I made several thousand that way. :)

KCChiefsMan 05-29-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6788205)
LOL, are you serious? It's an incredibly easy game of odds. Try playing against a single opponent, I can do that and not lose a die 95% of the time. 2 is pretty easy as well, after that it gets a little trickier.

P.S. There's going to be a mission for a stranger that's going to allow you to bet $200 on a game of Liar's Dice over and over. I made several thousand that way. :)

I guess I'm just terrible at liars dice. I had a guy down to 1 die and I still had all of mine and then he beat me ROFL

vailpass 05-29-2010 01:55 PM

Those of you who have children: would you let your 11 year old son play this game?
Any F words or drug use or realistic killing?

Buck 05-29-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 6788213)
Those of you who have children: would you let your 11 year old son play this game?

I wouldn't let your children play because I would tell them that their pop was an internet tough guy, and that he likes dick, a lot.

Pants 05-29-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

I probably wouldn't. I'd say this game is 13+.

KCChiefsMan 05-29-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

probably not, there's tons of violence and graphic scenes and a full frontal sex scene.

Pants 05-29-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 6788211)
I guess I'm just terrible at liars dice. I had a guy down to 1 die and I still had all of mine and then he beat me ROFL

Aren't you an accountant or some shit? Math should be easy for you and Liar's Dice is easy ****ing math. :)

vailpass 05-29-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6788221)
I probably wouldn't. I'd say this game is 13+.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 6788224)
probably not, there's tons of violence and graphic scenes and a full frontal sex scene.

Exactly the feedback I was looking for, thanks guys.

vailpass 05-29-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6788220)
I wouldn't let your children play because I would tell them that their pop was an internet tough guy, and that he likes dick, a lot.

Gay bar says what?

Skyy God 05-30-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 6788211)

The key is to bet low (but not bluff) and let the other 2 players knock each other out.

Kraus 05-30-2010 01:42 PM

I got my Liar's Dice achievement after two games last night. One guy lost 5 dice straight, then the next guy would keep saying I'm bluffing when I wasn't. Then once it is one on one and you have the most dice, it makes it really easy.

KCChiefsMan 05-30-2010 02:19 PM

haha, finally got the Liars Dice achievement! Don't ask.

Pants 05-30-2010 02:21 PM

I'm at 98.7%.

FML

Skyy God 05-30-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6789532)
I'm at 98.7%.

FML

Most likely, you're short a few bounty hunter locations. You probably already know this, but they spawn at roughly 7 am every day.

Skyy God 05-30-2010 04:31 PM

BTW, if anyone is stuck on the skunks, they spawn near the Armadillo wagon at night.

Pants 05-30-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 6789778)

Most likely, you're short a few bounty hunter locations. You probably already know this, but they spawn at roughly 7 am every day.

Yeah, I just put the game in, did a bounty and it went up to 98.8%.

I guess I need 12 more of them. Thanks for the good info.

Kraus 05-30-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6789794)
Yeah, I just put the game in, did a bounty and it went up to 98.8%.

I guess I need 12 more of them. Thanks for the good info.

So does this mean you'll start playing online with us now?

Pants 05-30-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 6789985)
So does this mean you'll start playing online with us now?

Yeah. But I do miss me some BF, though.

Kraus 05-30-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6790025)
Yeah. But I do miss me some BF, though.

I'm not saying I'm done with BF, but I do enjoy some RDR multiplayer.

MoreLemonPledge 05-31-2010 08:31 AM

Tonight... you...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TAKL3Og-zGc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TAKL3Og-zGc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Skyy God 05-31-2010 12:47 PM

Holy shit that was a good ending. Should make for some excellent DLC.

Currently sitting at 95.6%..... this will be 1st Rockstar game I'll max out.

Kraus 05-31-2010 01:05 PM

I just wrapped up Mexico. Heading to Blackwater now.

Pants 05-31-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 6790812)
Holy shit that was a good ending. Should make for some excellent DLC.

Currently sitting at 95.6%..... this will be 1st Rockstar game I'll max out.

Same here. It's tough, though. I'm at 99.0% and my bounties in New Elizabeth and New Austin have been maxed out. Camping Mexico for bounties now and see how far it will take me. There's no way I have 10 unique bounties left in Mexico to top me off, so I don't know what I'm missing. I have all the outfits, all the guns, all strangers done and I think all the properties bought. This sucks.

But hey, how many missions were there with the Jenny girl from the train, the one you give medicine to? Because bitch got slayed by some coyotes on the first day of me playing. I'm going to be so pissed if that's going to cause me 99.8% or some shit.