ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' offense: "one of the worst in the league, by nearly every measure" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276680)

keg in kc 09-26-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 10021172)
This is the most annoying argument from the Smiff slurpers. They don't understand that a few picks are an acceptable cost in exchange for the benefits of testing the other team's secondary, possibly drawing a couple of bullshit PI calls on the other team's defense, and putting lots of points on the board.

I agree, but I also think that the argument could be made that this team turning the ball over may well have turned any of the 3 wins into losses (well, okay, not Jax, but the other two - hell, getting Knile Davis' fumble to bounce right back to us may be the most fortunate moment of the year to date).

But at some point Smith has to stretch the defense or we'll be smothered to death.

Mav 09-26-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 10021172)
This is the most annoying argument from the Smiff slurpers. They don't understand that a few picks are an acceptable cost in exchange for the benefits of testing the other team's secondary, possibly drawing a couple of bullshit PI calls on the other team's defense, and putting lots of points on the board.

you know what. I actually really hadn't thought that way. its a fair point.

I am not sure though that there is the talent quite yet on the Chiefs offense, to allow for that. That would be my concern. There is three main weapons on the Chiefs. After that, there isn't a lot to scare the opposing teams. That's the only danger in that philo. But, its a very good point, and im not against it.

Jakemall 09-26-2013 10:43 AM

I find it facinating that Alex had the same sort of stats in 2011. Considering that it was a similiar situation (new coach, new play book, ect.) I guess it shouldn't be THAT surprising.

Sure it is completely unimpressive, but somehow the job gets done.

Alex could become the first QB to take two different teams to the play-offs and get absolutely none of the credit. Maybe the history buffs could correct me on this.

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10021174)
Did you see anything out of him in the preseason that has gone missed by most people?

The 2nd string offensive line was actually not all that bad when facing other backups. I didn't zero in on Kush too much because I was mostly watching the WRs.

IIRC, he struggled his first two games but looked competent his final two games. He's a strong dude (25 reps at the combine) and has good feet.

One thing he has over Hudson is that he's actually a center.

FringeNC 09-26-2013 10:45 AM

I don't how our offensive line is one of the worst in the league. I keep waiting for it to get better. It did seem a little better in the 4th quarter against the Eagles but was that the line playing better or the Eagles defenders getting tired?

There's no doubt at this point that our O-line is quite a bit worse than last year.

HemiEd 09-26-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10021095)
I don't understand...

When we traded two second round picks for Alex Smith, and all of us complained... what did you think we were complaining about?

When Kyle Orton took over for this team and we saw what even a mildly competent quarterback looked like, what do you think we were saying about the rest of the talent on this team?

Alex Smith is not a game winner. We all know this. We knew this back in March.

The Chiefs are absolutely a playoff caliber team, because they have enough pieces on both sides of the ball.

I, for one, am capable of compartmentalizing my dissatisfaction with our quarterback situation and my relief and joy of having a QB who is capable enough to not lose us games and, if not lead, then shepherd us to victory.

Quarterback remains the single most important position in all of team sports. I am adamant that whoever plays that position needs to be one of your absolute best players.

Alex Smith is not one of our eleven best players. But the other 21 guys are good enough to make up for it right now.

spot on

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 10021193)
I don't how our offensive line is one of the worst in the league. I keep waiting for it to get better. It did seem a little better in the 4th quarter against the Eagles but was that the line playing better or the Eagles defenders getting tired?

There's no doubt at this point that our O-line is quite a bit worse than last year.

My opinion is that it was a mistake to switch from a zone blocking scheme

Mav 09-26-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10021177)
There's plenty of depth at RB. I would assume Cyrus Gray would take over should JC go down. There's also plenty of depth at other positions on offense, more than this team has had in years. As for receiver, Hemmingway could I think easily step in there.

The only problem spot right now is TE, and that's because they've lost the top three of them to injury since camp (if you include Moeaki).

Could, or should? As I was saying with Clay last night, something we both agree on. It doesn't make sense that Hemmingway isn't this teams third receiver. The problems with tight end are much bigger than people want to realize. Fasano is a career back up, and I loved the Kelce pick as much as anyone, and he showed nothing in the preseason, and has been hurt all season. That's beyond a disaster. I don't know about Gray, or Cyrus, but that's a huge drop off after Charles, I believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10021180)
Smith will never, ever, be what he could be because he's playing QB like a beaten wife...

I AGREE 100%.

That's my biggest gripe with Alex Smith. One, he has the ability to make every play on the football field. he is far too cautious. Too many times, instead of seeing it, and ripping it, he doubts himself, he tries to run the calculations.

I think in the preseason when people saw Bray grip it and rip it if you will, that's what got most so excited. He does, he waits too long.

I like Alex Smith, but, I know he needs to improve.

keg in kc 09-26-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 10021193)

I could swear that just before the start of the season Dorsey had an interview with Petro (I think it was Petro) where he basically said he thought it would take the better part of the season for the line to come together, due to their age/experience and the scheme change. I thought that was just blowing smoke at the time, but it doesn't look so much like it now.

Iowanian 09-26-2013 10:48 AM

I haven't forgotten the frustration I felt during the Eagles game.

The offensive line has been blocking across the board like a group of street free agents. They've managed some late game drives, but this offense has been a sputtering turd in a fan. There is just no excuse for an offense with #25 and 82(who used to play in KC I recall).....to struggle the way they have.

While the line hasn't blocked very well, Smith is playing scared. He looks like he's afraid to make a mistake and he plays like he doesn't trust his line to give him 3 seconds to make a throw.

I said a few weeks ago I thought this line was young and hadn't played much and my assumption and hope was that going into this part of the season...games 4,5,6 they'd begin to get their poop in a group.

I'm trying to believe my bad girlfriend isn't a whore anymore...but she's cheated so many times. Watching these games, I feel like an abused kid so used to daddy drinking and beating me, I still flinch when he reaches to pat my head.

Mav 09-26-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10021191)
I find it facinating that Alex had the same sort of stats in 2011. Considering that it was a similiar situation (new coach, new play book, ect.) I guess it shouldn't be THAT surprising.

Sure it is completely unimpressive, but somehow the job gets done.

Alex could become the first QB to take two different teams to the play-offs and get absolutely none of the credit. Maybe the history buffs could correct me on this.

Mark Brunell?

Mark Rypien to a certain degree. Cant remember if he went with the Rams, but hes very much in the same kind of category.

Alex Smith does deserve some credit, but he deserves some blame too.

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10021200)
I could swear that just before the start of the season Dorsey had an interview with Petro (I think it was Petro) where he basically said he thought it would take the better part of the season for the line to come together, due to their age/experience and the scheme change. I thought that was just blowing smoke at the time, but it doesn't look so much like it now.

I've been saying this since May. I hope we're both right.

As I've said this week, I expect to see some improvement this week due or the ten days break. I also expect more improvement after the Bye Week.

If we don't see improvement after week nine, I expect changes to be made.

keg in kc 09-26-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10021198)
Could, or should? As I was saying with Clay last night, something we both agree on. It doesn't make sense that Hemmingway isn't this teams third receiver. The problems with tight end are much bigger than people want to realize. Fasano is a career back up, and I loved the Kelce pick as much as anyone, and he showed nothing in the preseason, and has been hurt all season. That's beyond a disaster. I don't know about Gray, or Cyrus, but that's a huge drop off after Charles, I believe.

One M. Hemingway. Like the writer...

I'd rather see him on the field than McCluster. So should works as well as could for me.

Gray is actually a good player. I think he'd be fine as a starter. Not JC, but he'd do fine.

I think TE will be fine once they're back. Injuries happen, it's the nature of the game. I think they've lucked out finding Sean McGrath and expect it will be a position of strength once Fasano and Kelce are back.

Mav 09-26-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10021200)

It usually takes an offensive line about half the season of playing together consistently to learn a new system, all the calls, how a qb calls a game. It also doesn't help when your right side looks like shit in a bag as well. I think the left side of the Chiefs line has played really well. Just the right side has struggled.

I think the playcalling has been wildly erratic as well. All things that will get corrected. Bowe will become more of a factor as things go on. Averys hot game should ease some of that pressure off of him. I personally am not going to panic until later in the season.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-26-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10020483)
3rd and short is a huge issue.

If I remember correctly we converted on 3rd and long 3 times and failed to convert 3 times on 3rd and 2 or less last week.

So you're saying it's an Andy Reid offense.

L.A. Chieffan 09-26-2013 10:54 AM

The offense is exactly good as it needs to be. What do you guys want? Vermiel #1 offense and be 1-2 at this point?

Rausch 09-26-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10021188)
I am not sure though that there is the talent quite yet on the Chiefs offense, to allow for that. That would be my concern.

I'm not sure either.

I just want us to go down with the best we've got. Offense as well.

Tee the **** off...

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8cf1f688.png

GoChargers 09-26-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 10021216)
The offense is exactly good as it needs to be. What do you guys want? Vermiel #1 offense and be 1-2 at this point?

False dilemma.

L.A. Chieffan 09-26-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 10021221)
False dilemma.

Exactly there is no dilemma.

3 and 0

Mav 09-26-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10021218)
I'm not sure either.

I just want us to go down with the best we've got. Offense as well.

Tee the **** off...

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8cf1f688.png

I can counter that, not with a gif though, yours was awesome, but, winning ugly, sure beats losing pretty.

But I get what you are saying. I don't think that any one is content.

Alex, needs to live by what he says though. He said that Andy Reid has told him to do what he wants to do. I understand the ball control aspect of it, but he needs to learn like he started to do with Crabtree last year despite what all the Alex haters will tell you, he definitely was learning to trust crabtree.

He needs to do that with Bowe. I maintained it then, I maintain it now. Bowe is the best receiver he has ever played with. He gets him involved, and its game on.

Rausch 09-26-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10021231)
I can counter that, not with a gif though, yours was awesome, but, winning ugly, sure beats losing pretty.

But I get what you are saying. I don't think that any one is content.

Right now I don't see how anyone on the offense is feeling all that great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10021231)
Alex, needs to live by what he says though. He said that Andy Reid has told him to do what he wants to do.

He is doing what he wants.

I don't think Alex is doing anything wrong at all.

In fact I'd blame this offense on Phat Andy.

Mav 09-26-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10021242)
Right now I don't see how anyone on the offense is feeling all that great.

He is doing what he wants.

I don't think Alex is doing anything wrong at all.

In fact I'd blame this offense on Phat Andy.

I guess what I was saying by do what he wants, is that if he wants to take some risks, that Andy isn't going to jerk him for Chase freaking Daniel.

I honestly believe that since Singletary yanked him for Troy Smith after the Chargers game, in 2010, that his mind set was I cant take any unnecessary risks, and that didn't change under harbaugh because they preached taking care of the ball, and that a sack was better than a pick.

Take also with that him knowing that Kaep was the future, and it made it all the easier to not to force anything. Andy has to break him of that, and he has been trying. Remember the training camp report of Andy wanting him to make more chances. he CAN make the throws as evidenced by the philly game. Its all in him to do it.

I understand completely why chiefs fans are so frustrated.

Jakemall 09-26-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10021250)
I guess what I was saying by do what he wants, is that if he wants to take some risks, that Andy isn't going to jerk him for Chase freaking Daniel.

I honestly believe that since Singletary yanked him for Troy Smith after the Chargers game, in 2010, that his mind set was I cant take any unnecessary risks, and that didn't change under harbaugh because they preached taking care of the ball, and that a sack was better than a pick.

Take also with that him knowing that Kaep was the future, and it made it all the easier to not to force anything. Andy has to break him of that, and he has been trying. Remember the training camp report of Andy wanting him to make more chances. he CAN make the throws as evidenced by the philly game. Its all in him to do it.

To be fair, Alex has taken a couple chances and watched the ball drop. I'm sure that did wonders for getting him to come out of his shell.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

WE know Alex has been pretty averse in throwing deep, but everyone should admit that the OL pass pro suckage has also played a part in the lacking number of deep passes. If the pass pro was sitting pretty as the 7th best? then I would just STFU, but it's 7th worst, and that looks pretty accurate thus far.

Rausch 09-26-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Yeah. That chance hovers right around 0.00%

Quote:

I honestly believe that since Singletary yanked him for Troy Smith after the Chargers game, in 2010, that his mind set was I can't take any unnecessary risks, and that didn't change under harbaugh because they preached taking care of the ball, and that a sack was better than a pick.

This. THIS THIS THIS!

He's a ****ing smart guy that could learn any offense, and honestly, I think he could play in any offense.

At some point (and I'd completely agree with it being that point) it became what he was as a QB. It's now what he is...

TEX 09-26-2013 11:18 AM

I get the whole not relying on your defense to score points argument, but if you can get to the Chicago Bears level, I'd say you could count on it as a constant part of your formula for winning. KC just might have the kind of defense that can force turnovers and score / set the offense up to do so on a consistent basis. I'd say that IS good.

Bearcat 09-26-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10021280)
I get the whole not relying on your defense to score points argument, but if you can get to the Chicago Bears level, I'd say you could count on it as a constant part of your formula for winning. KC just might have the kind of defense that can force turnovers and score / set the offense up to do so on a consistent basis. I'd say that IS good.

Yeah... it's just harder that way, since you're relying on an entire side of the ball to play at an elite level to cover up for not having one elite quarterback. Hell, just to bring up that point, you have to go back to 2007, then back at least a decade to mention the Ravens and Bucs.

If the Chiefs defense can be that good, they can certainly make up for mediocre QB/offensive play (if you can cover up Rex Grossman...). It's asking a lot, and they'll have more opportunities to show they're up for it.

Pablo 09-26-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 10021230)
Exactly there is no dilemma.

3 and 0

I see you're still hard at the troll game.

Good for you. Everybody needs to find their spot on this board.

Priest31kc 09-26-2013 11:30 AM

Chris Wesseling @ChrisWesseling
Just heard NFL Films' @gregcosell on @Fantasy_Guru Podcast compare Dwayne Bowe to a slow-moving tight end. Worst he's looked in years.

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 10021306)
Just heard NFL Films' @gregcosell on @Fantasy_Guru Podcast compare Dwayne Bowe to a slow-moving tight end. Worst he's looked in years.

I blame Alex Smith

FringeNC 09-26-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Not good. Hope he didn't check out when he signed his big contract.

Rausch 09-26-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 10021315)

:facepalm:

Hard to give a **** when you give your all and end up a decoy...

notorious 09-26-2013 11:40 AM

Turnovers have won us 2 games.

Our offense WILL come around and start producing as the season progresses.

FringeNC 09-26-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10021320)
:facepalm:

Hard to give a **** when you give your all and end up a decoy...

Yeah, that's exactly what the tweet says.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 10021315)

People don't want to hear it, because it looks like an excuse for the QB.. but there have been some noticeably lackadaisical efforts from him. I don't think he's slow, but I don't feel he is always giving 100% out there after the payday.

.. and I am a fan of Bowe as a life-long LSU fan.

Rausch 09-26-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10021330)
People don't want to hear it, because it looks like an excuse for the QB.. but there have been some noticeably lackadaisical efforts from him. I don't think he's slow, but I don't feel he is always giving 100% out there after the payday.

Don't...

Cannibal 09-26-2013 11:44 AM

I don't think Bowe's dogging it. Bowe strikes me as a hard worker and he blocks well when others are getting YAC. Reports are that Bowe's been double teamed quite a bit.

I do know that he's either not getting open, or getting open too slow given our crappy pass protection.

notorious 09-26-2013 11:45 AM

Bowe will be fine.

Give the offense time. JFC

Rausch 09-26-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 10021335)
I don't think Bowe's dogging it. Bowe strikes me as a hard worker and he blocks well when others are getting YAC. Reports are that Bowe's been double teamed quite a bit.

Pretty much.

the Talking Can 09-26-2013 11:49 AM

LMAO

it was inevitable

we traded picks for a #winnow QB because this team had talent and was ready to win now...no time to groom a risky rookie

so Smith shows up and ta-daa!...none of our players are good enough for him

Bowe is a lazy malcontent, our OL doesn't have enough first round picks on it..McCluster - who this board loves to death - is now suddenly terrible, Avery (crickets)...

it sucks we have to spend a couple more years acquiring offensive talent for our franchise QB to not throw to, but I guess it has to be done

Titty Meat 09-26-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10021345)
LMAO

it was inevitable

we traded picks for a #winnow QB because this team had talent and was ready to win now...no time to groom a risky rookie

Bowe is a lazy malcontent, our OL doesn't have enough first round picks on it..McCluster - who this board loves to death - is now suddenly terrible, Avery (crickets)...

it sucks we have to spend a couple more years acquiring offensive talent for our franchise QB to not throw to, but I guess it has to be done

Have you bothered watching the games?

Cannibal 09-26-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

LMAO

it was inevitable

Regardless of your opinion of AS, the OL has sucked balls all year so far.

KCUnited 09-26-2013 11:51 AM

Bowe can get open, just not Alex Smith-open.

Tribal Warfare 09-26-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10021337)
Bowe will be fine.

Give the offense a legit Franchise QB JFC

FYP

The Franchise 09-26-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Either Smith doesn't trust him or Smith just doesn't want to give him the chance. Bowe has had jack shit at QB.....and those QBs all did one thing. They let Bowe go make a play. Smith is worried about the turnover....so he won't give Bowe a chance.

notorious 09-26-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10021353)
FYP

That wouldn't hurt, either, but things are going to get better with our merely average QB.

Garcia Bronco 09-26-2013 11:52 AM

Smith is a tiny hand pussy on the football.

the Talking Can 09-26-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 10021347)
Have you bothered watching the games?

every snap

but I'm sure the truth is Bowe can't get open in the nlf and is just a lazy bastard counting his money...

he never got open for cassle, croyle, huard, or thigpen either

The Franchise 09-26-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 10021349)
Regardless of your opinion of AS, the OL has sucked balls all year so far.

Yet they don't adjust the playcalling to help it out. Can't pass block? Keep running bootlegs and playaction passes. They need to start running screens and draws out of the shotgun.

FringeNC 09-26-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 10021335)

I do know that he's either not getting open, or getting open too slow given our crappy pass protection.

Watching the games on TV (like I do), it's hard to know whether the non-targetted WRs are getting open. A guy with access to the game film pretty much just said Bowe's not getting open. Doesn't mean that it'll continue, but it's from an impartial sources. Hard to not be at least a little concerned.

Tribal Warfare 09-26-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10021356)
That wouldn't hurt, either, but things are going to get better with our merely average QB.

I don't have that faith due to his playing style and his durability issues.

Cannibal 09-26-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10021359)
Yet they don't adjust the playcalling to help it out. Can't pass block? Keep running bootlegs and playaction passes. They need to start running screens and draws out of the shotgun.

I agree, playcalling has been questionable until later in the game.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

LMAO

it was inevitable

Only a child should exaggerate things to such lengths. No one is saying Bowe is a lazy malcontent. To show a WR that doesn't "take it easy" on a small % of plays, one could only do THIS v

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/t...-rice-6878.jpg

Bearcat 09-26-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10021300)
I see you're still hard at the troll game.

Good for you. Everybody needs to find their spot on this board.

After reading Halfcan yesterday in the Alex Smith sucks thread, I'm now actually kind of on board with what LAC is doing.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10021354)
Either Smith doesn't trust him or Smith just doesn't want to give him the chance. Bowe has had jack shit at QB.....and those QBs all did one thing. They let Bowe go make a play. Smith is worried about the turnover....so he won't give Bowe a chance.

if Smith is getting passes to Avery in single coverage, as he is? Then that must mean Bowe is getting extra coverage... in which case, yes... Alex will find a higher % target on the play.

the Talking Can 09-26-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

there actually haven't been any 'noticeably lackadaisical efforts' from Bowe...not that I'd expect a 49ers fan to know

but feel free to provide some evidence

Bowe has done everything they've asked, and has been a great blocker downfield (shown on tape, and mentioned by coach and Avery)...which is a thankless job

listening to Smith fanboi's run down Bowe for not being good enough for a gun shy Smith is too much...throw the damn ball, you pussy

KC Jones 09-26-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020547)
I thought we'd be competitive this year with Alex because he doesn't turn it over.

I think the groaning is from those with unrealistic expectations from our QB. He is what he is.

I think the bitching is from those who wanted us to sign Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady. Still not sure why that didn't happen myself...

:confused:

keg in kc 09-26-2013 11:57 AM

There has to be a reason Bowe's the 2nd most targeted receiver behind Charles, and my guess is that it's not because he's like a "slow-moving tight end" who's playing the "worst he's looked in years".

Nope, nothing to do with the quarterback or the scheme.

Bearcat 09-26-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

LMAO

it was inevitable

One of the interesting things I've seen with the win-now thing is that the team is winning because of no turnovers and game management, but who gives a shit about going 3 and out on the 50 followed by a FG after starting a drive inside the 10.... yet, the team would crumble if they had a quarterback (or playcalling) who stretched the field and sacrificed a few INTs for big plays. The defense can surely make up for an inept offense, but there's no way they could make up for a turnover here and there.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10021374)
listening to Smith fanboi's run down Bowe for not being good enough

So now, Bowe is being "run down" if anyone suggests he isn't giving 100% on every play? Do you even think when you type this? I have never seen so many people quick to exaggerate to extremes and get butthurt over their own terrible interpretations of words.

Titty Meat 09-26-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10021358)
every snap

but I'm sure the truth is Bowe can't get open in the nlf and is just a lazy bastard counting his money...

he never got open for cassle, croyle, huard, or thigpen either

I'm talking about your offensive line comment. Smith for the most part has been effective moving the ball when given time. The o-line at the moment is the biggest flaw on this team.

Bowe has always been productive but your assertion that he hasn't been lazy is false.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10021382)
One of the interesting things I've seen with the win-now thing is that the team is winning because of no turnovers and game management, but who gives a shit about going 3 and out on the 50 followed by a FG after starting a drive inside the 10.... yet, the team would crumble if they had a quarterback (or playcalling) who stretched the field and sacrificed a few INTs for big plays. The defense can surely make up for an inept offense, but there's no way they could make up for a turnover here and there.

Then take the time to break down plays as to why this is happening. I can tell you on 1 of the first 2 great field positions vs Philly, it went like this...

- dropped pass
- 2 yard Alex run
- dropped pass

punt.

Go ahead, at least break the play sequences down...

keg in kc 09-26-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10021386)
So now, Bowe is being "run down" if anyone suggests he isn't giving 100% on every play? Do you even think when you type this? I have never seen so many people quick to exaggerate to extremes and get butthurt over their own terrible interpretations of words.

When the coach calls a guy a "stud" after a 1 catch, 4 yard game, that guy's probably doing a lot of other things on a lot of other plays which most likely don't involve taking those plays off.

the Talking Can 09-26-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

we need more 49ers fans trying to tell us things about our team...really, you guys are all so insightful

you don't know a god damn thing about Bowe, which is obvious...

but I'll wait around for all this 'lackadaisical effort' that you and only you have seen...

could you clue us in to where and when this happened?

Marcellus 09-26-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10021374)
there actually haven't been any 'noticeably lackadaisical efforts' from Bowe...not that I'd expect a 49ers fan to know

but feel free to provide some evidence

Bowe has done everything they've asked, and has been a great blocker downfield (shown on tape, and mentioned by coach and Avery)...which is a thankless job

listening to Smith fanboi's run down Bowe for not being good enough for a gun shy Smith is too much...throw the damn ball, you pussy

Quote:

So Greg Cosell is just an Alex Smith homer?

I bet Bowe pissed of Alex and Avery brings him muffins every morning.

Pablo 09-26-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

This is pretty much bullshit.

There are WR's that take plays off. Bowe doesn't. The only issue I've had with him so far this year is he took off on a catch and got great yards afterward, but then sat on his ass when three guys closed in on him.

That's it.

He's a good blocker for other WR's and Charles. He catches the ball when it's thrown his way. He runs over the middle without fear. He defends shitty passes so they don't turn into INT's. He's a team player.

The only real knock on Bowe is that he isn't fast enough to get major seperation. Big ****ing deal. If Smith wasn't scared to throw it to a guy unless he was wide ****ing open; he could chuck it towards Bowe all day.

90% of the time Bowe wins a battle in close coverage. Bowe gets open enough for a supposedly accurate QB to get the ball to him

**** anyone who says Bowe looks like shit out there. He's trying despite not being targeted nearly as much as he should be.

the Talking Can 09-26-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10021400)
So Greg Cosell is just an Alex Smith homer?

I bet Bowe pissed of Alex and Avery brings him muffins every morning.

hey look, the True Fan showed up...

i'd love to hear from you all about Bowe's laziness...

Pablo 09-26-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Bowe isn't fast. He never has been. He's a possession WR that will fight for the ball.

keg in kc 09-26-2013 12:08 PM

It's amazing to me how some people will jump instantly to the defense of Alex Smith, who's been here a matter of months, yet just as quickly jump all over a long-time incumbent pro bowl receiver.

So I guess it isn't so much about being a fan understandably jumping to the defense of all your Chiefs, just a selective fan who for some reason jumps only to the defense of certain Chiefs.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10021396)
we need more 49ers fans trying to tell us things about our team...really, you guys are all so insightful

you don't know a god damn thing about Bowe, which is obvious...

but I'll wait around for all this 'lackadaisical effort' that you and only you have seen...

could you clue us in to where and when this happened?

Wish I were home to do so. Not even sure how many games other than Philly I saved on the DVR.

... but no problem. Forget I mentioned it. No need to get this butthurt about a fairly harmless comment. I am not saying Bowe is a lazy POS. Just forget it. Too many Chiefs tears have been shed for one day already. :rolleyes:

the Talking Can 09-26-2013 12:08 PM

what's amazing, is that there seems to be some transisitive property whereby the taste of Smith's semen makes one all-knowing about the KC Chiefs..

we have a passel of fanboi's who have watched exactly 3 full Chiefs games in their entire lives who now regularly lecture us on whats-what with the Chiefs..

sorry, but someone has to call bullshit, especially about made up crap like Bowe being lazy and untalented enough for Smith

i'm fine with a True Fan idiot like Marcellus believing it..we all know how stupid he is, but i draw the line in 49er losers

the Talking Can 09-26-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10021423)
Wish I were home to do so. Not even sure how many games other than Philly I saved on the DVR.

... but no problem. Forget I mentioned it. No need to get this butthurt about a fairly harmless comment. I am not saying Bowe is a lazy POS. Just forget it. Too many Chiefs tears have been shed for one day already. :rolleyes:

just admit you made it up and move on

Titty Meat 09-26-2013 12:09 PM

Bowes receptions this year are comparable to his 07, 08, 09 seasons after 3 games. Can we please quit overreacting?

Pablo 09-26-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10021422)
It's amazing to me how some people will jump instantly to the defense of Alex Smith, who's been here a matter of months, yet just as quickly jump on a long-time incumbent pro bowl receiver.

So I guess it isn't so much about being a homer fan understandably jumping to the defense of all your Chiefs, just a selective homer fan who for some reason jumps only to the defense of certain Chiefs.

Like TTC always says; Bowe points to the back of his jersey and is "flashy" sometimes. Therefore he's a piece of shit.

A piece of shit that will lead this franchise in WR receptions, yardage, and TD's. All the while blocking like a lot of #1 don't like to do, and going right into the middle of a defense without fear.

Beef Supreme 09-26-2013 12:09 PM

In defense of Bowe. 3-0 baby. Same argument we're getting for Smith. Now shut the **** up.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10021403)
**** anyone who says Bowe looks like shit out there. He's trying despite not being targeted nearly as much as he should be.

... but no one is saying this. What is wrong with the level of reading comprehension on here? It would be humorous, if it were not so very sad. :shake:

jspchief 09-26-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

You're a douchebage troll. I think I may go on a crusade to get you banned from this place

Marcellus 09-26-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10021410)
hey look, the True Fan showed up...

i'd love to hear from you all about Bowe's laziness...

LMAO, thats not even an insult dude and I would rather be called a True Fan than be a fat ass idiot.

I didn't say he was lazy, Greg Cossell did. Learn to read.

I can tell you this, I watched the Eagles game again last night and he did a nice job blocking for Avery on those crossing routes.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10021425)
just admit you made it up and move on

if you want a dishonest answer to appease the crying? then fine... I made it up.

feel better now, puddin'? :rolleyes:

the Talking Can 09-26-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10021422)
It's amazing to me how some people will jump instantly to the defense of Alex Smith, who's been here a matter of months, yet just as quickly jump all over a long-time incumbent pro bowl receiver.

So I guess it isn't so much about being a fan understandably jumping to the defense of all your Chiefs, just a selective fan who for some reason jumps only to the defense of certain Chiefs.

it was 'no excuses' on this board when we traded for Smith

the minute he shows up it's nothing but excuses...but that was inevitable

Chiefs fan refuse to expect things from their QBs, it's always someone else's fault...shit, people were blaming Charles in the eagles game thread

and now that Smith is here...McCluster sucks...notice how people gave up that argument...yeah