ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Battlefield 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241301)

WhitiE 09-29-2011 06:41 PM

The **** man?

Setsuna 09-29-2011 07:39 PM

I'm dl the beta now. Can we play with other people? My gamertag is RawIntensity00. XBOX

ThaVirus 09-29-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 7953624)
There is supposedly something going on with the XBox version...they are supposedly working on it.

Supposedly...

Quesadilla Joe 09-29-2011 07:56 PM

Tried it. Hated it. Deleted it. I only got killed by a couple bushwookies but what pissed me off was getting killed in that darkass subway station, people would find a dark corner (there are hundreds of dark corners to choose from) and NEVER move, I couldn't even see them.

The gunfights in BF3 don't feel as crisp as the gunfights in COD. I don't get the hype around this game.

-King- 09-29-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7953798)
Tried it. Hated it. Deleted it. I only got killed by a couple bushwookies but what pissed me off was getting killed in that darkass subway station, people would find a dark corner (there are hundreds of dark corners to choose from) and NEVER move, I couldn't even see them.

The gunfights in BF3 don't feel as crisp as the gunfights in COD. I don't get the hype around this game.

Does not compute.

Quesadilla Joe 09-29-2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7953805)
Does not compute.

Yeah I only got into a couple where we both saw each other. This game kind of reminds me of Homefront because I never see who kills me 90% of the time.

Setsuna 09-29-2011 08:13 PM

Nooo! Can't connect to EA!

Mr. Plow 09-29-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7953798)

I could have told you last year that this wasn't a game for you. The other team doesn't just run out in front of you - if they do, they die.

Pants 09-29-2011 08:36 PM

OK, I'm getting on now.

Setsuna 09-29-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7953881)
OK, I'm getting on now.

Pants! Bastard. :deevee:

Pants 09-29-2011 09:15 PM

Bah, finally got time to play, DLed it and... the servers are down. Great.

Kraus 09-29-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7953970)
Bah, finally got time to play, DLed it and... the servers are down. Great.

I've been playing for the last 45 minutes.

I don't like the influx of noobs. I can't tell you how many level 1 and 2's are going 1-15 or 2-13 right now.

-King- 09-29-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7954061)
I've been playing for the last 45 minutes.

I don't like the influx of noobs. I can't tell you how many level 1 and 2's are going 1-15 or 2-13 right now.

Xbox or Ps3? Because they've been down on xbox for the past few hrs.

ChiefFripp 09-29-2011 10:22 PM

http://youtu.be/H9ndz13zUms Watch this video. It's Caspian border and shows you more about what we love about BF games. It's not a highly edited trailer either so you'll get a more realistic idea about the game.

Bambi 09-29-2011 10:26 PM

Just finished playing for about 4 hours.

This game is beyond sick.

What a little tease this first map/infantry style game is... lol

Bambi 09-29-2011 10:29 PM

I don't get the complaints about camping. Took me about 3 plays of the map to figure it out then "bam".

I play BF like I play COD...very agressive. Can't wait for more maps, gameplay, weapons, perks, the vehicles....oh my

Kraus 09-29-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7954073)
Xbox or Ps3? Because they've been down on xbox for the past few hrs.

360... had no problem hopping on.

Setsuna 09-29-2011 11:00 PM

Played it. It's pretty addicting. Though sucks when there are level 10-15s playing a bunch of level 1-5s. But it's awesome and once glitches are gone will even better. King just keep spamming A button. That's exactly how I got in.

Aspengc8 09-30-2011 06:27 AM

Battlelog is complete garbage. Tried to get a squad to join for about 45 minutes before we could get in. So many times it splits one of us up on the other team. Dice has a lot of work to do before launch.

Bambi 09-30-2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 7954157)
Played it. It's pretty addicting. Though sucks when there are level 10-15s playing a bunch of level 1-5s. But it's awesome and once glitches are gone will even better. King just keep spamming A button. That's exactly how I got in.

There's no way they're "fixing" things this month.

I bet this beta we're playing is about 6-7 months old. Probably just good enough to make it "releasable".

Mr. Plow 09-30-2011 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 7954392)
Battlelog is complete garbage. Tried to get a squad to join for about 45 minutes before we could get in. So many times it splits one of us up on the other team. Dice has a lot of work to do before launch.

That's why it's called a Beta.

-King- 09-30-2011 09:56 AM

Been spamming A For about 3 minutes now. It sucks when it says loading and you get excited only for it to say that the connection was lost.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 09-30-2011 10:05 AM

After 5 minutes of no success, I'm giving up.
Posted via Mobile Device

DMAC 09-30-2011 10:26 AM

Really looking forward to the co-op campaign. I like the online play of COD better (especially MW2), so I will probably get BF3 for single player and co-op campaign, and MW3 for multiplayer.

Bump 09-30-2011 10:49 AM

really not impressed with this game. Nothing pisses me off more than when I shoot someone in the head with a sniper weapon and they keep running like nothing happened.

Pants 09-30-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 7954875)
really not impressed with this game. Nothing pisses me off more than when I shoot someone in the head with a sniper weapon and they keep running like nothing happened.

Probably just means you didn't hit the head. You should try playing with us, it's always more fun playing in a good squad.

Mr. Plow 09-30-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7954889)
You should try playing with us, it's always more fun playing in a good squad.

Not that I got to play a ton with you guys, but man a decent squad makes all the difference.

Bambi 09-30-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 7954875)

The full release will have hardcore mode /obv.

Molitoth 09-30-2011 01:37 PM

Power off.

WhitiE 09-30-2011 02:55 PM

Love it. Can't wait for the real thing

-King- 09-30-2011 04:48 PM

Servers are back up FWIW

Kyle DeLexus 09-30-2011 04:56 PM

Idk about this game now. I have it preordered but after reading all of your comments in this thread, I'm not sure it's for me. I've never played a battlefield game and I have no friends that play it. All of my friends are CoD guys and honestly I'm not very good at shooters but have a good time playing them.

loochy 09-30-2011 05:00 PM

Just find a good server and play on that same server all the time. You'll make online friends with them and it'll be more fun.

COchief 09-30-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 7955649)
Hi guys I'm twelve!!! LOL!!!

Shortened your post for you.

Kyle DeLexus 09-30-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 7955663)
Shortened your post for you.

I'm afraid I don't get your criticism. I was merely trying to find out if it was worth spending $60 on a game that revolves around teamwork (which I had no idea when I first preordered the game, just looked like fun in previews) when none of your friends play that game. In CoD or Gears, it doesn't matter if you have a team of friends or are by yourself it's fun since it's mainly go around and shoot others (although teamwork helps, it's not that important)

ChiefFripp 09-30-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 7955668)
I'm afraid I don't get your criticism. I was merely trying to find out if it was worth spending $60 on a game that revolves around teamwork (which I had no idea when I first preordered the game, just looked like fun in previews) when none of your friends play that game. In CoD or Gears, it doesn't matter if you have a team of friends or are by yourself it's fun since it's mainly go around and shoot others (although teamwork helps, it's not that important)

Well the Metro demo should be perfect for you. It's more COD like than Caspian Border.

Bambi 09-30-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFripp (Post 7955788)
Well the Metro demo should be perfect for you. It's more COD like than Caspian Border.

That's what I thought the whole time while playing the map. Very CODish

But whats so great about BF is that everything is always progressing.

COD makes me usually feel like I'm running around in a hamster cage.

MoreLemonPledge 09-30-2011 10:16 PM

Sucks that there's no vehicles. It doesn't reallly feel like Battlefield.

Quesadilla Joe 09-30-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 7955649)
Idk about this game now. I have it preordered but after reading all of your comments in this thread, I'm not sure it's for me. I've never played a battlefield game and I have no friends that play it. All of my friends are CoD guys and honestly I'm not very good at shooters but have a good time playing them.

Play the beta and find out if you like it.

Pants 09-30-2011 10:39 PM

OMFG!

This game is blowing me away. Just went 31-11 during my 3rd round ever. Got two MCOMM caps (including the epic last one) and an ace pin.

I'm really digging this game. My initial reaction is that it just feels so much more realistic than BC2. From the way you move to the way the guns behave, it's all good. The graphics are amazing even scaled down for the 360. The bloom effect and the lighting are fantastic.

Only been using Assault so far, going to try some other classes soon.

Pants 09-30-2011 11:38 PM

Just went 35-18 on Defense and got a Squad Wipe Pin. :D

Gonna call it a night. This game is the tits.

EDIT: I guess you still can't quit unless you spawn during the new round. WTF, DICE?

Kraus 09-30-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7956137)
Just went 35-18 on Defense and got a Squad Wipe Pin. :D

Gonna call it a night. This game is the tits.

EDIT: I guess you still can't quit unless you spawn during the new round. WTF, DICE?

UI fail.

WhitiE 10-01-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7956091)
OMFG!

This game is blowing me away. Just went 31-11 during my 3rd round ever. Got two MCOMM caps (including the epic last one) and an ace pin.

I'm really digging this game. My initial reaction is that it just feels so much more realistic than BC2. From the way you move to the way the guns behave, it's all good. The graphics are amazing even scaled down for the 360. The bloom effect and the lighting are fantastic.

Only been using Assault so far, going to try some other classes soon.

I agree with all the points Mr.PantsOn just made.

Pants 10-01-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7956153)
UI fail.

On my part?

Kraus 10-01-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7956832)
On my part?

No. The user-interface in this game is very poorly designed.... still.

Pants 10-01-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7957013)

Oh, I thought you might have been saying that it was there and I just didn't see it.

Prof goes: "Just played 5 minutes and I came." LMAO

SnakeXJones 10-01-2011 04:25 PM

Incredibly Addicting just sucks that when u invite for your squad it ends up freezing or going to dashboard

Bambi 10-01-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Really? Took me a few rounds to get used to it now I cream from kit to kit.

I cannot ****ing wait til October 25th!

Pants 10-01-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakeXJones (Post 7957101)
Incredibly Addicting just sucks that when u invite for your squad it ends up freezing or going to dashboard

It is. The gameplay is crisp even in the buggy Beta. I just get tired of playing the same map over and over though. The fact that I know all these things I unlock now that I won't have in the release isn't really helping either.

Pants 10-01-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7957103)
Really? Took me a few rounds to get used to it now I cream from kit to kit.

I cannot ****ing wait til October 25th!

Let's face it, the UI is complete garbage compared to COD. The lobby is like a homeless man under a bridge compared to the mansion you find in MW2/BLOPS.

crispystl 10-01-2011 05:09 PM

I am downloading it now I can't wait. I didn't know the beta was available to everyone!

crispystl 10-01-2011 05:09 PM

Let me know if anyone wants to play tonight.

crispystl 10-01-2011 07:00 PM

At first I hated it but it's definitely growing on me now.

WhitiE 10-02-2011 12:16 AM

I think it would have been a little more fun if we weren't on different teams every damn time pants

WV 10-02-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7957211)
Let's face it, the UI is complete garbage compared to COD. The lobby is like a homeless man under a bridge compared to the mansion you find in MW2/BLOPS.

Yeah I'm not liking the main menu or the kit customization...I equate it to like going from a Android phone to a blackberry.....convoluted and requires way to many clicks and buttons.

ChiefFripp 10-04-2011 01:15 PM

Brees, Allen, Fitzgerald...BATTLEFIELD!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bUdKb5OUBYw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pants 10-04-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitiE (Post 7958196)
I think it would have been a little more fun if we weren't on different teams every damn time pants

Yeah, for sure. It was still fun, though. It seems like the teams are also never balanced in the Beta. You're either raping as a team or you're getting raped... no middle ground, LOL. I had an IRL friend over Saturday through Sunday, he played a bunch too. Hopefully the fact that he loved it will make him buy it so he can play it with us.

Bambi 10-04-2011 03:48 PM

Was really buggy last night for me. Lots of disappearing underneath the grass and floating in midair.

Some people are up to level 43 already?? wtf.

October 25th might crash Xbox, no joke...

Kraus 10-04-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7967426)
Was really buggy last night for me. Lots of disappearing underneath the grass and floating in midair.

Some people are up to level 43 already?? wtf.

October 25th might crash Xbox, no joke...

Wouldn't be the first time.

ChiefFripp 10-04-2011 05:35 PM

IN game 'squad support', confirmed

Lately the Battlefield community has been very vocal about wanting some type of in-game squad management system in Battlefield 3. The Battlefield 3 beta has a squad system, but isn't quite what many expected. Squads must be formed outside of the game in Battlelog.

Today DICE's Barrie 'Bazajaytee' Tingle stated the shipped version of the game will have a improved squad system allowing players to browse, join and create private squads through the in-game squad screen. Thanks Tobi5480.

Valiant 10-04-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7957211)

Have you let them know??

Pants 10-05-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 7967725)
Have you let them know??

No, should I have? I figured it is what it is...

Skyy God 10-05-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Better graphics are fantastic, but it's still the same fun but flawed game. Unless the beta is an old build.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7967426)

Same here. That got old real fast.

ChiefFripp 10-07-2011 09:58 AM

Heads up, PC players - We're opening up Caspian Border this weekend! We're going to be load testing servers while you and your friends participate in 64-player matches. Be sure to read ALL the details here: http://t.co/uQ8yf0s4

EA & DICE pulled out all the stops, hosting the Final Hours event in San Francisco, CA at the posh Terra Event Center to show press never-before-seen footage of all 9 multiplayer maps to be shipped with Battlefield 3, as well as new co-op missions and new singleplayer missions. While PC was the main platform showing off the singleplayer portion, I was able to hop on both Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the multiplayer, and let me tell you, if you were concerned about the game after experiencing often bug-ridden beta, you will sleep soundly knowing that this most recent build of the game played (and looked) like a game ready to be shipped. As DICE producer Patrick Bach reassured me, this most recent build that I experienced is STILL not the final build.

Though all 9 maps were present and playable, I was able to play through 3: Operation Firestorm – Conquest (Xbox 360), Caspian Border – Conquest (PS3) and Grand Bazaar – Rush (Xbox 360).

Here are a few of my thoughts from the maps and a list of improvements I noticed from the beta:

Operation Firestorm – Conquest (Xbox 360)

A linear map with three flag captures, desert setting, like a cross between Arica Harbor of BFBC2 and Gulf of Oman of BF2.
Each team has a plethora of vehicles including 2 jets, 2 choppers, tanks and jeeps.
All flag captures are in the middle of a giant oil refinery spanning most of the map. The refinery contains a lot of tall structures, ladders, cranes, and construction buildings. Great for snipers.
Though scaled for consoles, map still felt really large. I never once hit the boundaries while flying a jet. Map’s size slightly smaller than Heavy Metal.
Grand Bazaar – Rush (Xbox 360)

I’m not as big a fan of rush, but this map was really fun!

Middle Eastern setting, lots of alleyways, quick corners, rooms and offshoots to get to the objectives. Found myself a little backwards at times which made it feel less linear.
Impressive ambient lighting from porch lights and sun, great atmospherics made the city feel life-like.
Map seem to turn directions as objectives were taken
Caspian Border – Conquest (PS3)

Though DICE has said the map has been scaled down to fit consoles still, felt very large. Environment looked the same as PC, objectives seem closer than the PC counterpart, that’s really the only difference.
Lighting effects were phenomenal on this map. Found myself blinded by the sun more than once in a dogfight.
24 players still felt really fun on this map. I didn’t find myself having to search for people to kill.
New improvements since the beta:

First thing I noticed on the consoles were the graphics. They looked much better than the beta. Textures were smoother, character movements were much more fluid, and environments seemed to have more warmth to them. Also, the lighting was more dynamic, atmospherics more gritty and present, things just seem to run smoother on this build. All the frame rate issues, glitches, pops and sound drops of the beta were nowhere to be found. Bach reiterated that the beta was already a month and a half old before it was launched because of the time it takes to certify for release. It’s amazing how much polish they were able to put on the game since the beta.
Gameplay changes:

When placing a spawn beacon or a enemy motion sensor as a sniper, the devices would appear red indicating that it could not be placed in that location. When the device could be placed, it would turn yellow. Very helpful visual cue as the beta gave no cue.
Your player screen loses color saturation as a new visual indicator (besides the timer) when you go out of bounds.
Same sort of visual indicator as the out of bounds screen appears but with blood surrounding it when you’re low on health.
Hit boxes were dramatically improved. My bullets didn’t magically go through enemies’ torsos.
When running as the assault/medic class, the visual indicator of an incapacitated teammate is more prominent with a circle surrounding the defrib symbol now.
Jet stick controls on console are similar to BF1943 on console. If you don’t prefer those controls, they are completely customizable. Also, when your jet is low on health, it becomes a little more difficult to control until it is completely incapacitated and falls from the sky. Y (or triangle) switches between your heat-seeking missiles and your cannon. R-bumper (or R1) deploys smoke.
Flying choppers felt almost exactly like BFBC2. Was able to fly right away.
Changing views in the vehicles has been moved back to the R-stick much like BFBC1 unlike up on the D-pad on BFBC2.
Parachutes take little longer to deploy than BFBC2, and while in the air they are a little harder to control to your destination.
Death animations look more realistic. No more funky physics where their body flies 30 feet across the screen after being killed. Player’s eyes are closed when they die.
Knifing animation looks a lot better, especially when knifing someone on the ground.
Frostbite 2 was in full effect in terms of destruction. Buildings were tumbling down, everything was being destroyed around me in most every map I played.
The amount of damage it takes to kill an enemy on regular mode seems a little less than the beta.
I was able to equip the knife on the PS3 build. Not sure about the Xbox 360.
Single Player Screenshots

007 10-07-2011 02:50 PM

Can anyone confirm if the PC version has full xbox controller support? Yeah, I know, keyboard and mouse blah blah blah. I don't play online so it doesn't matter.

Valiant 10-07-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7969120)
No, should I have? I figured it is what it is...

If enough people complain they change things, especially before it launches..

loochy 10-08-2011 09:03 AM

I played caspian border last night. It's a nice, big map and there are actually vehicles! This map actually uses traditional capture the flag type gameplay. I didn't play long though...but its a nice change from the stupid operation metro rush map.

WhitiE 10-09-2011 10:58 AM

I think I said it once before, but ill say it again. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!

Setsuna 10-09-2011 02:47 PM

Xbox live GT: RawIntensity00. I wanna play with someone. But not right now. Just send me friend invites.

WhitiE 10-09-2011 04:41 PM

Sent u one

Setsuna 10-09-2011 09:35 PM

Got it thanks man.

Pants 10-09-2011 10:49 PM

Been staying away from this due to inability to keep a squad together. Last time I played was over a week ago.

Setsuna 10-09-2011 11:11 PM

Together over the course of a game session or like for whenever you want to play?

loochy 10-10-2011 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7982923)
Been staying away from this due to inability to keep a squad together. Last time I played was over a week ago.

Yeah, is that something that is planned to be fixed in the real game? I hate how the squads are random and there is NO communication whatsoever.

Pants 10-10-2011 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 7982967)
Together over the course of a game session or like for whenever you want to play?

Whenever you want to play together. You can get a squad together and then when the game starts you'll be in either a different game altogether or in the same game but on opposing teams. Just annoying as shit.

And yeah, I'm sure that's going to get fixed in the release build.

Bambi 10-10-2011 08:36 AM

2 weeks from tomorrow. I can't wait, I need something else to do...

Been spending way too much on Sunday Funday's.

Bambi 10-10-2011 12:02 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/warw_-50bxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pants 10-10-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7983758)
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/warw_-50bxo" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

God, the graphics are glorious on PC.

Bambi 10-10-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7983795)
God, the graphics are glorious on PC.

Is he just constantly switching between 3rd person and 1st person or do you fly in 3rd and it switches to 1st when you target shit?

Pants 10-10-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7983849)
Is he just constantly switching between 3rd person and 1st person or do you fly in 3rd and it switches to 1st when you target shit?

He's switching it.