ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Pastor refuses to tip "I give GOD 10% why do you get 18%" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269489)

Fish 01-30-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9365740)
I think mandating a tip is bullcrap. I tip 15-20% or more since I used to wait tables in college, but I don't think it's fair for a place to force it. They claim it prevents waiters from being screwed but by putting the mandate in place, it might allow the waiter to slack off on those tables knowing he's getting the 18% automatically. Counter-intuitive.

See... when you mandate the tip, it's not a tip anymore. It's simply part of the price. You eliminate the emotional bullshit each direction and are left with simple business. Waiters would still be fired for slacking off, exactly like they are now. If tips are the sole motivation for a waiter not acting like a lazy douchebag, then the waiter isn't going to be employed very long anyway.

Dave Lane 01-30-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9364388)
I live by Mr. Pinks rules

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z-qV9wVGb38" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think this needs to be hidden in a NSFW Spoiler and then a link to an external website which then would play this NSFW video....

****ing Menstrual Bitch rules and all.

KChiefer 01-30-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9365740)
I think mandating a tip is bullcrap. I tip 15-20% or more since I used to wait tables in college, but I don't think it's fair for a place to force it. They claim it prevents waiters from being screwed but by putting the mandate in place, it might allow the waiter to slack off on those tables knowing he's getting the 18% automatically. Counter-intuitive.

Dude, if someone stiffs you on a $30 bill, no biggie, you may get pissed, but you'll live. Getting stiffed on a $300 bill will make many contemplate murder.

MahiMike 01-30-2013 06:25 PM

Here we go again on the tipping drill. For my daughter's sake, I hope she gets tipped a bunch. But I really don't know what' so special about wait staff that deserves tips. I just went to Home Depot and the guy spent 15 mins with me. Should I have tipped him? That's probably more cumulative time than the waitress spent with the preacher.

Bump 01-30-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9365681)
You were a manager at a restaurant that did $1M in sales PER MONTH and servers tipped out 7%?

Lolololololol

I wish I wasn't on my phone.

yes

I know hootie, most places do 30-60K per week. We did about $200-250 per week. The GM liked to brag about her $60K Saturdays.

Gravedigger 01-30-2013 06:37 PM

I've been a General Manager that deals with drivers and let me tell you, regardless of if the tip is included or not, they still slack off if not given the proper management. That point is essentially pointless, my drivers, some of the best I had, would take orders to houses that had a $2 tip already on them after the blank tipped orders just in case getting that pizza there faster would give them a greater tip than $2. Hell when I drove I did it.

I would also find it so hilarious when people would start their sentences with, "Well I waited tables/delivered pizzas/worked in the restaurant industry so I know that blah blah blah." More times than not, they're speaking to a relation to your situation and not basing their argument off of factual knowledge. If some jackass tips my driver or me with a $2 tip, you think I give a shit if you waited tables or delivered pizzas. Because it obviously didn't teach you jack shit.

Plus let's call a tip what it is, Gratuity. Now if someone gives you a $2 tip on a $30+ order, they are basically saying my limit for gratuity to you getting my pizza here on time is worth $2, which is setting the bar exceptionally low. Why try to please a customer that has little to no respect in offering extra gratuity if I get the pizza there before the time we quoted? Because they pay our paycheck? Leave that bullshit to the restaurant, it has no effect on the driver what so ever and you really expect a 19 year old to think more of the situation?

In closing, its funny to see posts like this and see the insane amount of people that defend themselves with stating they tip 15-20% every time. There's two ways this ends, either the restaurants I worked in over my 12 years in the industry were some of the unluckiest restaurants to get a tip and I hardly ever got a customer as great as you.... or many of you are lying your asses off and saving face. You can say this situation is shitty and the guy is a douche, but don't lie and say that shit when I know if your girlfriend/wife/friend you hang out with all the time saw you post that shit they'd laugh their ass off.

1ChiefsDan 01-30-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9364398)
Next time I go to church....I'll make sure and drop a note in the collection basket that reads:

"God is free....why should I have to give you 10%?"

Hell, I may go to church this weekend and do this. I usually only go on Christmas eve every couple of years when the wife (Catholic) makes me go.

I got roped into this year just because I wasn't thinking about it and didn't have a plan in place to avoid it. It was kind of funny though. One of the dudes that hand out the collection baskets was there with his two teenage kids. The boy never took his earbuds out and the daughter (who was dressed like a hooker) never quit playing some game on her phone. So at least I was mildly entertained.

mr. tegu 01-30-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9365730)
Very Overly Simplified Example:

Tip system
Turkey Sammich food cost: $3
Turkey Sammich Menu price: $10
Expected Customer tip: $2
Waiter wage: $4/hr

Waiter profit: $4wage + ($2tip(Maybe) * 4 tables)= $12/hr(Maybe)

No Tip System
Turkey Sammich Menu price: $12
Expected Customer tip: $0
Waiter wage: $6/hr

Waiter profit: $6/hr(Guaranteed) + ($tip(Maybe)

FYP. If I had to guess I would say servers prefer the tip system. But that is just my guess based on no experience at all.

Valiant 01-30-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9365587)
Remember when I called out bump for not being a restaurant worker earlier even though he claimed he was management?

Yeah...I was right.

NOBODY TIPS OUT 7% OF THEIR SALES AT ANY RESTAURANT.

Lmfao

When I was at Piropo's servers tipped out more then that to bar and SA's..

So maybe it depends on how nice a place you work at.. I would walk out of there with 80bucks in tips plus my hourly as a SA for 4-6 hours of work.. Servers would make 100-400 a night... So it might just be where you are at.. My tips were split between the 2 servers I helped.. Then they tipped out the bar more..

Valiant 01-30-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9365730)
No it's not. The size of the staff is irrelevant. You must not understand what I'm proposing. What I'm talking about would not be removing any money from the cycle. It would simply be transferring 18% from the customer's tip line, to the customer's menu price. Then passing the additional profit from the 18% increase on the menu item, to the waitstaff's wage. The food would still cost the same. And customers could still tip if they would like. But the waitstaff's wage is no longer dependent on the customer's choice to tip. Because the choice is gone and that tip is now guaranteed. And the customer has no guilty expectation of saving a poor single mom or college student from the horrors of tip reliance.

It wouldn't skyrocket food prices. It would stabilize waitstaff wages and remove the confusion and guilt of the whole screwed up tipping system.

Very Overly Simplified Example:

Tip system
Turkey Sammich Menu price: $10
Expected Customer tip: $2
Waiter wage: $4/hr

Waiter profit: $4wage + $2tip(Maybe)= $6/hr(Maybe)

No Tip System
Turkey Sammich Menu price: $12
Expected Customer tip: $0
Waiter wage: $6/hr

Waiter profit: $6/hr(Guaranteed) + $tip(Maybe)

I think many consumers and most waitstaff would like something like that and could absolutely make it work without having menu prices double. Every other country except the US uses a system like this, and it's somehow worked just fine. We could make it work and eliminate all the unnecessary BS...

If you get rid of the service industry and them working for tips they wage goes up way higher then that.. Minimum wage would be the lowest, then you would have a mass exodus of quality servers.. Prices/wages would have to go up more to get them back.. Unless illegals took over the floor work..

Then add Obama's healthcare system..

BigRedChief 01-30-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9365780)
Here we go again on the tipping drill. For my daughter's sake, I hope she gets tipped a bunch. But I really don't know what' so special about wait staff that deserves tips. I just went to Home Depot and the guy spent 15 mins with me. Should I have tipped him? That's probably more cumulative time than the waitress spent with the preacher.

Your home depot guy is getting $8-$10 an hour. The waitress is getting $2.10 an hour. Her willingness to work for $2.10 is based on the assumption of tips by customers.

Kyle DeLexus 01-30-2013 07:05 PM

Has anyone made a Jewish Pastor joke yet?

J Diddy 01-30-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9365845)
Your home depot guy is getting $8-$10 an hour. The waitress is getting $2.10 an hour. Her willingness to work for $2.10 is based on the assumption of tips by customers.

I don't think it's 2.10 anymore old timer. It's based on the current minimum wage which has risen in the last 50 years.

**Edit**Holy shit. After I looked it up I found out some states it's $2.13, which is the fed minimum. Most states are higher. I apologize and deserve the kick in the ass for opening my trap.

Psyko Tek 01-30-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 9364332)
A party of 20?? Yes, you can expect the restaurant to add gratuity.. Doesn't matter what cult you belong to.

34 bucks for a party of 20?
wtf did they eat?
crackers?

FlaChief58 01-30-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 9365941)
wtf did they eat?
crackers?

The total bill was over $200. That cheap ass man of god was trying to get out of paying the 18% by having seperate bills

It's all there in the OP

QuikSsurfer 01-30-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 9365941)
wtf did they eat?
crackers?

Reading - how does it work?

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9364548)
If you have to afford being tipped to make a living, you can't afford working as a waiter. Is 20% the new 10%? I always tip around 15% and I thought it was higher than most. Still, I think tipping is stupid. I think of all the times I have tipped in my life and think back on if I never tipped in my entire life how much better it would be and how much more money I would have.

JFC.

Instead of learning and growing as a person since you joined CP, you've regressed as a human, Big Time.

Un****ingreal.

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9364582)
No, you can stop tipping whenever you want.

Just like the waiters can work somewhere that pays a steady normal wage.

Disclaimer: I don't support not tipping, but I support one's right to not tip.

Bullshit

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9364595)
I want there to not be a "cultural" expectation built into their wages. Pay the waiter a fair and decent wage, and do not allow tips. Ppl will say ohh well ppl will tip anyway. Well retail stores don't allow ppl for the most part to tip, and make it if you accept a tip you are fired. This is one thing I think is BS.

More proof that you're a ****ing moron.

Good luck with that.

O.city 01-30-2013 07:45 PM

Stop tipping. See how good of service you get.

J Diddy 01-30-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9365979)
Bullshit

I wonder if the same people would support paying more for their meal when the prices went up after the tipped wages credit was removed.

Prison Bitch 01-30-2013 07:51 PM

I heard a guy on radio once saying that "TIP" stood for "To insure promptness". And in the old days, you pre-tipped the waiter to ensure he or she did a good job. Seems to me like a better model to get the service you deserve. If you give no tip or a crappy one, expect no service or crappy service. And vice versa!

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9365991)
I wonder if the same people would support paying more for their meal when the prices went up after the tipped wages credit was removed.

Depends on the restaurant, its location, etc.

I ****ing tip everyone.

I tip before I get service. You know why?

Because then, you're treated like a king.

J Diddy 01-30-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9366011)
I heard a guy on radio once saying that "TIP" stood for "To insure promptness". And in the old days, you pre-tipped the waiter to ensure he or she did a good job. Seems to me like a better model to get the service you deserve. If you give no tip or a crappy one, expect no service or crappy service. And vice versa!

That's all good until the ****er who's taking your order never comes back and has your tip in his wallet. Then it's your word against yours.

J Diddy 01-30-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9366017)

I ****ing tip everyone.

**** that.

I'm untrusting.

GloryDayz 01-30-2013 07:56 PM

This dick-head pastor took a gamble and struck gold! He's getting lots of publicity and has plenty of bullshit material to fill boring Sundays with for months to come. He's a regular Lindsay ****ing Lohan!!!We can only hope his flock is smart enough to see the evil in the man doing the preaching, but they stay around just long enough to drop a note in the tray that says, "I tip at 28%, 10% above what you were asked, so there no 10% left for you. I'll donate time to a worthy cause to make up for the lack of cash I'm sticking in your greedy suit-wear ass's pockets. **** off asshole. God hates you by the way!!"

Then they find somewhere else to go on Sundays... Sleeping in might be a good choice too if this is the clown they were seeing flap his gums!!

Rain Man 01-30-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

I absolutely would. Get me out of the middle of that whole compensation system. Give me a price and let me choose to pay for it or go somewhere else or eat at home. Absolutely. Jack up the price. Tell me what it really costs. Don't put me in a no-win situation of having to provide the paycheck. Bring it on.

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9366020)
**** that.

I'm untrusting.

Sorry, Man.

I've never had a bad a bad experience but I live in a different state, city and (gulp), mindset.

Prison Bitch 01-30-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9366018)
That's all good until the ****er who's taking your order never comes back and has your tip in his wallet. Then it's your word against yours.

That would work for about 1 hour, until a couple patrons told the owner and he was fired for hurting business.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-30-2013 08:10 PM

Ministry is a profession that attracts among the highest levels of sociopaths. **** this guy in the neck. I hope we wakes up with stigmata in his dick.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-30-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9365806)
I've been a General Manager that deals with drivers and let me tell you, regardless of if the tip is included or not, they still slack off if not given the proper management. That point is essentially pointless, my drivers, some of the best I had, would take orders to houses that had a $2 tip already on them after the blank tipped orders just in case getting that pizza there faster would give them a greater tip than $2. Hell when I drove I did it.

I would also find it so hilarious when people would start their sentences with, "Well I waited tables/delivered pizzas/worked in the restaurant industry so I know that blah blah blah." More times than not, they're speaking to a relation to your situation and not basing their argument off of factual knowledge. If some jackass tips my driver or me with a $2 tip, you think I give a shit if you waited tables or delivered pizzas. Because it obviously didn't teach you jack shit.

Plus let's call a tip what it is, Gratuity. Now if someone gives you a $2 tip on a $30+ order, they are basically saying my limit for gratuity to you getting my pizza here on time is worth $2, which is setting the bar exceptionally low. Why try to please a customer that has little to no respect in offering extra gratuity if I get the pizza there before the time we quoted? Because they pay our paycheck? Leave that bullshit to the restaurant, it has no effect on the driver what so ever and you really expect a 19 year old to think more of the situation?

In closing, its funny to see posts like this and see the insane amount of people that defend themselves with stating they tip 15-20% every time. There's two ways this ends, either the restaurants I worked in over my 12 years in the industry were some of the unluckiest restaurants to get a tip and I hardly ever got a customer as great as you.... or many of you are lying your asses off and saving face. You can say this situation is shitty and the guy is a douche, but don't lie and say that shit when I know if your girlfriend/wife/friend you hang out with all the time saw you post that shit they'd laugh their ass off.

Pizza drivers get their job so they can drive around and get high while being paid for it. You should know that if you manage them. Serving is a bit of a different animal. In Branson there are a ton of older, professional, servers. They don't need that "management" and their managers love them for it.

Other than that, your post is spot the **** on.

C-Mac 01-30-2013 08:23 PM

Something is very fishy about this.
1. I've never heard of a 200 dollar bill
2. The receipt looks like a credit card
3. Most pastors think they are above tithing

Mr. Flopnuts 01-30-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9366011)

To insure proper service, to insure promptness, both work. I wish it worked that way. People would learn some hard lessons. Except for the con thieves, and there's tons of them. I'd like to see restaurants comp them once, and put them in a system that would be tied to all chains nationwide. 3 comps in a year, **** you, go somewhere else to eat or refuse service period. It would lower prices overall or at least stop them from going up so rapidly. I guarantee it.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-30-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9366017)

I ****ing tip everyone.

It was rare, but I had it happen, and I treated them like kings. Imagine that.

KCBOSS1 01-30-2013 08:32 PM

I have a family of 6. If we invite 2 guests, I have to pay a mandatory 18%. It's bull.I should get to decide what my tip will be. If I go to a Japanese steak house with 8, by bill is pushing $200 or more... And I have another $36 that I have to pay a chick for keeping our tea filled for an hour?! Uh no.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-30-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Mac (Post 9366085)
Something is very fishy about this.
1. I've never heard of a 200 dollar bill
2. The receipt looks like a credit card
3. Most pastors think they are above tithing

I worked for a seafood chain restaurant and I sold bottles of wine that cost close to that. So, I've seen bills upwards of $1000 for parties of 12.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-30-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCBOSS1 (Post 9366107)
I have a family of 6. If we invite 2 guests, I have to pay a mandatory 18%. It's bull.I should get to decide what my tip will be. If I go to a Japanese steak house with 8, by bill is pushing $200 or more... And I have another $36 that I have to pay a chick for keeping our tea filled for an hour?! Uh no.

You can't afford to eat out. Really. Because you could get the best service in the world and it wouldn't be worth $5 to you. That bill would be $400 if it weren't for decent people who subsidized you by paying your fair share. They make $3 an hour dude. You must have voted for Obama. ROFL

C-Mac 01-30-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9366116)
I worked for a seafood chain restaurant and I sold bottles of wine that cost close to that. So, I've seen bills upwards of $1000 for parties of 12.

ooops ....read that all wrong
Thought they were suggesting a 200 dollar bill

Carry on with the chastising....

Crush 01-30-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Then don't eat out. It's really that simple.

FlaChief58 01-30-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Like it or not, it's the way the industry works. Don't take your anger of the system out on the server who in most cases bust their asses to make your dinner an enjoyable experience

Hammock Parties 01-30-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9366056)
Ministry is a profession that attracts among the highest levels of sociopaths. **** this guy in the neck. I hope we wakes up with stigmata in his dick.

ROFL

Mother****ing 'Hamas' Jenkins.

This is the first posting of "stigmata in his dick" in net history.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-30-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Mac (Post 9366133)
ooops ....read that all wrong
Thought they were suggesting a 200 dollar bill

Carry on with the chastising....

Heh, nice. I really feel bad for them because I worked with servers in their 30's. That's the town I live in. It's not just a bunch of kids.

GloryDayz 01-30-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9366153)
ROFL

Mother****ing 'Hamas' Jenkins.

This is the first posting of "stigmata in his dick" in net history.

And I've written down the "**** this guy in the neck" part to use at a later time. I love well thought-out insults!

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-30-2013 08:59 PM

Clay needs him some Jesus.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts 01-30-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9366201)
Posted via Mobile Device

"Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah!"

"You're only making it worse for yourself!"

"How could it get any worse!"

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9366101)
It was rare, but I had it happen, and I treated them like kings. Imagine that.

To be completely honest, I was taught by a very special guy that this was the way to behave.

And lo and behold, it works! It works whether it's the limo driver to pick you up in Vegas or for the server at a fine restaurant or for just about anything.

Now, I realize that not everyone has the means to do so but if you're on vacation or have a special weekend set aside, an extra $20 here and there can go a long, long, long way into making that weekend or vacation special.

It's simple common sense: The more you appreciate others, the more they'll do for you in return.

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

:deevee:

Easy 6 01-30-2013 09:02 PM

I swear, i'm ALWAYS shocked at not only the amount of posts, but the passion in them in these tipping threads... want a red hot 100+ post thread? make it about tipping LMAO

If i cant leave a solid tip, i wont go out to eat, its a pretty simple rule to follow.

Having been a server and bartender, i know just how much you have to rely on them to make any kind of a living.

You have the right to not tip, or to tip meagerly... but if you frequent the same place often enough, word gets around and you WILL be the very last person to get what you want if your server can help it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-30-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9366208)

lol. That boy so crazy...
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9366215)
I swear, i'm ALWAYS shocked at not only the amount of posts, but the passion in them in these tipping threads... want a red hot 100 post thread? make it about tipping LMAO

If i cant leave a solid tip, i wont go out to eat, its a pretty simple rule to follow.

Having been a server and bartender, i know just how much you have to rely on them to make any kind of a living.

You have the right to not tip, or to tip meagerly... but if you frequent the same place often enough, word gets around and you WILL be the very last person to get what you want if your server can help it.

It's ****ing crazy.

"I'm not giving you MY MONEY for SERVING ME! IT's YOUR JOB!!!!".

****ing rubes.

LMAO

MahiMike 01-30-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9365845)

Not. My. Problem.

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9366219)
Not. My. Problem.

LMAO

Either you're a joke account or one of the 1% dumbest ****ing Americans (or people) on the planet EARTH.

The shit you post, if it were actually funny and entertaining, could be reality show material.

Unfortunately, you're just boring and stupid.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-30-2013 09:07 PM

The sad thing is that $6.29 is 18% of his income

Hammock Parties 01-30-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9366201)
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't worry, plenty of blessings in my life. I'll repent on my deathbed for all my sins and everything is square. LOVE THAT LAWD.

MahiMike 01-30-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Eating out is already way overpriced. They could cut most restaurants rates in half. Rather cook it myself. Every time I go out to eat I lose my appetite due to the exorbitant price of the food.

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9366228)
Eating out is already way overpriced. .

Then don't eat out.

Problem solved, Einstein.

Hammock Parties 01-30-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9366208)

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings...parents-rules/

http://www.jw.org/assets/m/ijw13tn/5...niv_lsr_lg.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts 01-30-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9366209)
To be completely honest, I was taught by a very special guy that this was the way to behave.

And lo and behold, it works! It works whether it's the limo driver to pick you up in Vegas or for the server at a fine restaurant or for just about anything.

Now, I realize that not everyone has the means to do so but if you're on vacation or have a special weekend set aside, an extra $20 here and there can go a long, long, long way into making that weekend or vacation special.

It's simple common sense: The more you appreciate others, the more they'll do for you in return.

No bullshit here. I am a big dude. I had to work hard for my money. I was working one night and had a 4 top sat in my section while we were on a wait. I went to the table and there was $50 sitting on the edge of the table when I arrived. I greeted them and ignored it and after I took their drink order I was told it was for me. I gobbled it up with graciousness as servers do.

I was busy that night. I mean ****ing slammed and I was in the weeds which rarely happens to me because I understand I can only do what I can do. That said, I still believed that people deserved the best service in my restaurant because it wasn't a cheap place to eat.

I did the very best that I could for them, and at the end offered their $50 back to them because I believe in 100% service and they got 90% out of me. This lady laughed in my face. I mean, literally got in my face and laughed. She'd had a few. She looked me square in the eyes and said "You keep that money. The 4 of us have eaten all over the world and you are the best server we've ever had". She was drunk, I'd done better, I knew better. But it made my day. It was a rough night and those words were all I needed to know I gave everything I had.

It certainly didn't hurt my feelings when I found the other $50 they left for me after they were gone. $100 tip on a $165 tab was pretty damn good. Especially considering all I did was drop salad, alcoholic beverages, and dinner off to them. I didn't get a chance to chat them up like I did with other tables. Yeah Hooters, I knew how to do that too.

I work half the hours and make twice the money now, but I still miss it. It was an interesting dynamic.

MahiMike 01-30-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9366224)
LMAO

Either you're a joke account or one of the 1% dumbest ****ing Americans (or people) on the planet EARTH.

The shit you post, if it were actually funny and entertaining, could be reality show material.

Unfortunately, you're just boring and stupid.

And you are still the biggest asshole on this site. Which is saying a lot.

mr. tegu 01-30-2013 09:11 PM

My fiancé's family is from another country and when they came here they never left a tip. When I went out to eat with them the first time they weren't going to leave a tip. At first I thought they were being cheap but then I started cracking up because I realized they obviously had no idea. They did this for about four years before I met her. LOL

Mr. Flopnuts 01-30-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9366219)
Not. My. Problem.

Another Obama supporter.

Easy 6 01-30-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9366218)
It's ****ing crazy.

"I'm not giving you MY MONEY for SERVING ME! IT's YOUR JOB!!!!".

****ing rubes.

LMAO

Peoples callousness about this can really be a shocker, i remember being given a handful of change on a $200+ bill at a rib joint years ago... after standing there soaking it in for a minute i followed them out into the parking lot, didnt say anything because i didnt really want to lose my job, but i'm pretty sure my death glare said enough as they piled into the car, they all saw me one by one and quickly turned their heads as they did, the pukes.

FlaChief58 01-30-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9366209)

That goes for ANY service industry. I will go above & beyond for someone who offers me a cold drink when I'm busting my ass for them in 95 degree weather. Sadly, there are a lot assholes out there who think that just because you wear a blue shirt, you are less than human.

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9366233)
I work half the hours and make twice the money now, but I still miss it. It was an interesting dynamic.

And I'll bet you even money they'd remember you, too.

When you're good to others, they'll always remember it.

(Well, outside of Chiefsplanet :D)

Hammock Parties 01-30-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9366233)
I did the very best that I could for them, and at the end offered their $50 back to them because I believe in 100% service and they got 90% out of me. This lady laughed in my face. I mean, literally got in my face and laughed. She'd had a few. She looked me square in the eyes and said "You keep that money. The 4 of us have eaten all over the world and you are the best server we've ever had". She was drunk, I'd done better, I knew better. .

LMAO

Holy shit son.

Can you go back to being a waiter cus I need you to serve me.

And I'll take my tip back, too.

Also, Branson people are so nice.

MahiMike 01-30-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9366238)
My fiancé's family is from another country and when they came here they never left a tip. When I went out to eat with them the first time they weren't going to leave a tip. At first I thought they were being cheap but then I started cracking up because I realized they obviously had no idea. They did this for about four years before I met her. LOL

And this is my point about not tipping as well. I'm from Europe where this system of tipping doesn't exist. It's silly. Just because I want to go out for dinner doesn't mean I have to follow some silly system.

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9366237)
And you are still the biggest asshole on this site. Which is saying a lot.

I may be the biggest asshole on this site, but I can goddamn guarantee that I've made more friends, and most likely, more lifelong friends on this site, than you have in your life right now.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-30-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9366245)
And I'll bet you even money they'd remember you, too.

When you're good to others, they'll always remember it.

(Well, outside of Chiefsplanet :D)

I shit you not, I get Anniversary cards from a couple I waited tables on. They were a pain in the ass, they knew it, and I treated them well. If you don't believe it, I'll take pictures of the half dozen cards I got and post them to Facebook for you to see. LOL, I don't give a **** what anyone says, I took pride in my work and I love people.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-30-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9366247)
LMAO

Holy shit son.

Can you go back to being a waiter cus I need you to serve me.

And I'll take my tip back, too.

Also, Branson people are so nice.

Ha! It's just money bro. I'll make more. :D

FlaChief58 01-30-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9366248)
And this is my point about not tipping as well. I'm from Europe where this system of tipping doesn't exist. It's silly. Just because I want to go out for dinner doesn't mean I have to follow some silly system.

It's customary to not tip in EUROPE! You live in AMERICA where it IS customary to tip.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-30-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Ahh. You don't know any better. That's okay. I'll still give you 100% while they give you 60% effort in Europe where they have nothing to work for but free vacation time and beer.

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9366254)
I shit you not, I get Anniversary cards from a couple I waited tables on. They were a pain in the ass, they knew it, and I treated them well. If you don't believe it, I'll take pictures of the half dozen cards I got and post them to Facebook for you to see. LOL, I don't give a **** what anyone says, I took pride in my work and I love people.

Dude, of course *I* believe you!

:D

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Adapt or die, ****lord.

GloryDayz 01-30-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Maybe if they ****ing tipped the Germans wouldn't have gone all Blitzkrieg on them!

GloryDayz 01-30-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9366276)
Adapt or die, ****lord.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

ThaVirus 01-30-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

I'm from Europe where this system of tipping doesn't exist.

Go back.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-30-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9366227)
Don't worry, plenty of blessings in my life. I'll repent on my deathbed for all my sins and everything is square. LOVE THAT LAWD.

lol great plan...
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFace 01-30-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9366215)
I swear, i'm ALWAYS shocked at not only the amount of posts, but the passion in them in these tipping threads... want a red hot 100+ post thread? make it about tipping LMAO

Definitely true. It's a polarizing issue, though I honestly don't understand why. It's an accepted standard in the U.S. People to undertip (or don't tip) are just being dicks, and that's about all there is to it.

MahiMike 01-30-2013 09:26 PM

Free health care baby.

FlaChief58 01-30-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9366286)
Free health care baby.

My bad, I had no idea you're reeruned. I'll leave you alone now