ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Niko's Room - Grand Theft Auto IV Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184045)

dj56dt58 06-20-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker (Post 4779880)
http://www.theonion.com/content/news...ty_police_face

Liberty City Police Face Allegations Of Incompetence, Brutality
June 4, 2008 | Issue 44•23

LIBERTY CITY—With the city in the midst of a record crime wave, concerned citizens claim the Liberty City Police Department has done little to prevent the constant car chases, ongoing gun battles, and overall atmosphere of violence that pervade the area.

"I used to feel safe in Liberty City, but lately, it's been total mayhem," said night-shift worker Lola Del Rio, who spoke to reporters while sucking nervously on a red lollipop. "In the past week alone, I've been carjacked twice, run over 10 times, and witness to a half-dozen gunfights that ended with automobiles exploding. What are the police doing to stop all this?"

Since the surge in crime, which began on April 28 at midnight, more than 830,000 civilians have been murdered—nearly one-tenth of Liberty City's total population. In addition, 35,000 vehicles have been reported stolen, many of which were then driven illegally over sidewalks and pedestrian walkways before plunging into the nearby Humboldt River. And according to startling figures released by local community action group Citizens for a Safer City, drug trafficking has become rampant and prostitution has increased by 800 percent.

"I was shot 14 times on my way to work today, including twice by police," said one Algonquin-area resident. "That is unacceptable."

Many blame the LCPD directly for the increase in criminal activity, citing the department's lax procedure for arresting criminals, which involves taking 10 percent of the suspect's money, confiscating his weapons, and simply releasing him from custody later that day. Outraged citizens say this is not enough, especially in a city where assault rifles can be found on factory roofs and grenade caches are located under the globe at the old World's Fair site.

"The police just let them go, and 20 minutes later they're shooting at the very same criminals from helicopters," veteran crime reporter Mike Whiteley said. "That is not proper law enforcement. We may be seeing a return to the bad old days of 2002, when the police, the FIB, and even Army tank battalions would leave countless bodies on the streets while attempting to capture just one man on some sort of joyful mass-destruction spree."

Perhaps even more alarming, city records indicate that more than 75 percent of perpetrators in mass-murder or vehicular-manslaughter cases escape, usually by simple methods such as driving into a car-repainting facility. Criminals have even eluded pursuit by walking into their apartment and going to bed for six hours, after which the search has been called off.

However, one LCPD official, who wished to remain anonymous, blamed the recent crime wave on the police department's lack of proper equipment.

"We are only equipped to pursue a suspect within a small radius on a very basic half-centimeter radar screen," the officer said. "If we were allowed to seek criminals who escaped this radius for more than 15 seconds, our results would improve dramatically."

"And to those who say the LCPD is too quick to resort to deadly force, remember that almost 850,000 police officers, FIB agents, and N.O.O.S.E. [National Office of Security Enforcement] team members have died in the line of duty in the past month," he added.

Nonetheless, residents say that their confidence in the Liberty City police force—low in the best of times—has eroded almost completely.

"I was buying a hot dog from a street vendor in Hove Beach yesterday when I saw someone run a red light, barrel down the sidewalk, careen into a garbage truck, exit his vehicle, steal a nearby convertible, and drive away," one Broker resident reported. "A nearby police car didn't even react. But when the car behind him nicked his fender, the officer shot the driver through the windshield and walked away."

"That is not the kind of law enforcement we want for our community," he added.

Most admit that the problem is not a lack of police presence, as the LCPD currently operates 15 different police stations throughout the city's four boroughs, and there is a seemingly infinite number of officers on duty at all times to respond to reported crimes. However, citizens say the officers' "shoot-first" mentality and willingness to accept bribes only contributes to the city's widespread violence and corruption.

"It's almost as if the cops in this town are as much an adversarial faction as the criminals," said public defender Kiki Jenkins, who is rumored to be instrumental in recent incidents of police being inexplicably pulled from chases and criminal pursuit. "Sure, we have excellent radio stations and an incredible range of things to see and do here. But if I were younger, I'd move to Mario World in a second."

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Kraus 06-20-2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farzin (Post 4803514)
Remember what happens when you chase pagarino and he gets on that boat...your suppose to get on a motorcycle..how do you follow him?????????????

Go down the coastline.

Farzin 06-22-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 4803651)
Go down the coastline.

i swear to god this mission is impossible..I got to the chopper, but am I suppose to kill him or just follow him?

Kraus 06-22-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farzin (Post 4805614)
i swear to god this mission is impossible..I got to the chopper, but am I suppose to kill him or just follow him?

Just follow the boat. Don't quit when you get shot down. That is part of the mission. Just keep the helicopter in the air.

SLAG 06-22-2008 05:40 PM

im 30% done with it.

I'm loving it.. pretty much just doing missions.. some side friendship BS.. etc..

What else is there to do

kcxiv 06-23-2008 03:02 AM

Blow shit up. Do the achievements. I need to get back on it. I will do that soon.

Bowser 06-23-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 4805972)
im 30% done with it.

I'm loving it.. pretty much just doing missions.. some side friendship BS.. etc..

What else is there to do

Go find the bridge to the third city with the police barricade. Walk up to one of the officers. Get away from THAT, and you get a cookie.

Farzin 06-23-2008 11:04 AM

Ok I am 65% done..and I took revenge and I killed the main boss (trying not to spoil.)

Packie and Roman called me about how upset they were. Roman also sent me an email saying "give up." Is the game over or what?

Kraus 06-23-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farzin (Post 4807120)
Ok I am 65% done..and I took revenge and I killed the main boss (trying not to spoil.)

Packie and Roman called me about how upset they were. Roman also sent me an email saying "give up." Is the game over or what?

Have you gone to the wedding?

Farzin 06-23-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 4807288)
Have you gone to the wedding?

Roman and Michille's wedding..yes..someone died, and I killed the killer..it goes to the credits, Roman and Packie gave me a call..

Adept Havelock 06-23-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 4807110)
Go find the bridge to the third city with the police barricade. Walk up to one of the officers. Get away from THAT, and you get a cookie.

Heh. Nice....I think my stats said my longest chase (5 or 6 star I think) was about 30 minutes. I changed cars several times, and had to grab health and armor a couple of times, but I finally got to a pay and spray unseen.

Kraus 06-23-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farzin (Post 4807321)
Roman and Michille's wedding..yes..someone died, and I killed the killer..it goes to the credits, Roman and Packie gave me a call..

I'd say you beat the story then.

Farzin 06-23-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 4807392)
I'd say you beat the story then.

Damn..seemed like there was more to the end..especially since I am 65% through.

Oh well..never played GTA before, great game.

Adept Havelock 06-23-2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farzin (Post 4807751)
Damn..seemed like there was more to the end..especially since I am 65% through.

Oh well..never played GTA before, great game.

You'll get other percentage points for delivering cars, delivering drugs for Jacob, races, killing pigeons, doing stunt jumps, assassin missions, etc.

Bowser 06-24-2008 03:32 PM

Dammit, this game is addictive. What makes it worse is that I'm not real good at it. :huh:

Adept Havelock 06-24-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 4809817)
Dammit, this game is addictive. What makes it worse is that I'm not real good at it. :huh:

I had a tough time getting a feel for it, but once I did it's entertaining as hell.

Bowser 06-24-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adept Havelock (Post 4809856)
I had a tough time getting a feel for it, but once I did it's entertaining as hell.

Oh, it's entertaining as hell. I'm at the part where I just got the real nice apartment after saving Roman from the Russians, but it takes me multiple times to complete missions for a lack of sk177z. Oh, and I missed the date with the lawyer chick. That can't be good.

Adept Havelock 06-24-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 4809868)
Oh, it's entertaining as hell. I'm at the part where I just got the real nice apartment after saving Roman from the Russians, but it takes me multiple times to complete missions for a lack of sk177z. Oh, and I missed the date with the lawyer chick. That can't be good.

Just dress down and take her drinking once or twice. Drive a cheap car, 'cause you'll need a taxi to get back home. The ability to clear a three star wanted level is handy(it becomes an option on the cell phone under her name after she likes you a certain amount). It's vital during the bank job, as after a certain point your level drops from 5 to 3, and she can clear it the rest of the way. Also, Dwayne's thugs will come in handy so spend time with him, even if he does kvetch way too much.

Also, it's time to admit I'm a big fan of Miss Blusey St. John. :)

Bowser 06-24-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adept Havelock (Post 4809882)
Just dress down and take her drinking once or twice. Drive a cheap car, 'cause you'll need a taxi to get back home. The ability to clear a three star wanted level is handy(it becomes an option on the cell phone under her name after she likes you a certain amount). It's vital during the bank job, as after a certain point your level drops from 5 to 3, and she can clear it the rest of the way. Also, Dwayne's thugs will come in handy so spend time with him, even if he does kvetch way too much.

Also, it's time to admit I'm a big fan of Miss Blusey St. John. :)

Oh yeah. I blew that mission of having to run down Javon on the bike. I was on him firing with the SMG, but then rear ended a car in traffic and flew 200 yards, letting Javon get away. Should I let the ex live, or waste her?

Adept Havelock 06-24-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 4809912)
Oh yeah. I blew that mission of having to run down Javon on the bike. I was on him firing with the SMG, but then rear ended a car in traffic and flew 200 yards, letting Javon get away. Should I let the ex live, or waste her?

If you let her live, you can do a mission for her later where she has you beat the crap out of her latest loser boyfriend. Dwayne prefers it if you let her live too. Word of advice, when the time comes, keep Dwayne alive. Playboy X won't give you a damn thing.

That's the downside to cycles. I love 'em in this game, but they are not forgiving.

Adept Havelock 06-25-2008 10:28 PM

Just finished the story mode. Damn well done game. Perfect tone for the ending.

To avoid spoilers, I took Revenge.

Kraus 06-25-2008 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adept Havelock (Post 4812911)
Just finished the story mode. Damn well done game. Perfect tone for the ending.

To avoid spoilers, I took Revenge.

As did I. After I beat it I looked up the other ending. I think I chose right. Bro's over hoes.

Ultra Peanut 06-26-2008 10:02 AM

Sup Revenge buddies.

Adept Havelock 06-26-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 4812932)
As did I. After I beat it I looked up the other ending. I think I chose right. Bro's over hoes.

(Checks GTA IV wiki).....Yep. There was just no way I could make a deal with that scumbucket. The last mission was a blast too.

Now it's time to win the last few races, take care of a few assassin missions..and find the damn stunt jumps. Oh...I think I still have to deliver some cars for Stevie as well for 100%.

To celebrate, I created a giant traffic jam in Star Junction and set off a 20-30 car chain reaction. :)

Bowser 06-26-2008 10:37 PM

How hard do you have to work at keeping friendships up, and who should you concentrate on? It seems like I've pissed Little Jacob off; every time I call him, he says to call back later.

Kraus 06-27-2008 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 4815225)
How hard do you have to work at keeping friendships up, and who should you concentrate on? It seems like I've pissed Little Jacob off; every time I call him, he says to call back later.

The only ones that I used were Lil Jacob's and sometimes Dwayne's perks. One of the girlfriends is really good too, Kiki IIRC, she removes 3-star wanted levels.

Adept Havelock 06-27-2008 08:31 AM

Quote:

Are you calling him, or selecting one of the options like "Food", "Show", etc.? Also, have you done his 10 "delivery" missions? Word of advice on those if you haven't...there's always a faster route than the GPS one.

Archie Bunker 06-27-2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

The only thing I can think of is maybe you're not calling at the right times.

Roman 24 hrs
Jacob 1pm-4am
Brucie 7am- 1am
Dwayne 11am- 3am
Packie 3pm- 6am

Michelle 6am- 11pm
Kate 8am to midnight
Carmen 1pm- 6am
Kiki 6am- 2am
Alex 6am- 2am

Bowser 06-27-2008 12:01 PM

Thanks, all, for the input. And thanks for the timetables, Archie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adept Havelock (Post 4815508)
Are you calling him, or selecting one of the options like "Food", "Show", etc.? Also, have you done his 10 "delivery" missions? Word of advice on those if you haven't...there's always a faster route than the GPS one.

Yes, but I don't think I've done all the delivery missions yet. I'll knock some more of those out.

Just finished the bank heist with Packie. Nice little haul. I went to weapons, Modo, and Perseus and bought up the stores, lol.

HC_Chief 06-27-2008 12:33 PM

I can't find that last g'damned bridge to fly under for the achievement!! :grr:

Flying helicopters has to be the coolest part of this game IMO. You can soar over the city, then swoop low over the crowd... transition in real time. The technology of the game is amazing.

Bowser 06-27-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 4815960)

Flying helicopters has to be the coolest part of this game IMO. You can soar over the city, then swoop low over the crowd... transition in real time. The technology of the game is amazing.

Heh. I stumbled upon the Helitour place, stole a chopper, and promptly put in the bay about 100 yards out.

HC_Chief 06-27-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 4815974)
Heh. I stumbled upon the Helitour place, stole a chopper, and promptly put in the bay about 100 yards out.

I recommend you practice... you'll be required to fly ;-)

Kraus 06-27-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 4815974)

Try tapping the Y button while over the river. Hilarity ensues!

Adept Havelock 06-27-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 4815960)

There's something wonderful about strafing Star Junction in an Annihilator.

There are 4 of them in S. Alderney, IIRC. All along the inlet N. of the Industrial Park. There's one you might have to fly both sides of the support.

14 in all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 4816162)
Try tapping the Y button while over the river. Hilarity ensues!

LMAO

I did that....from as high as possible directly over the lake in Middle Park. I only got a 3.5 from the damn Romanian judge. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 4815893)

Just finished the bank heist with Packie. Nice little haul. I went to weapons, Modo, and Perseus and bought up the stores, lol.

Nice. I loved the bank robbery, even if it took me several tries to get through. Also, you'll get a better deal on weapons from Little Jacob once he's speaking to you.

Also, just North of Algonquin there's a sizable rock you can swim to. If you extend Exeter Ave. into the bay, it's just East of it. Swim out to it, climb on top, and enjoy what you find. It respawns frequently. :)

Coach 07-20-2008 05:50 PM

Hate to bring this back up, but I would like to know if anybody in here have any idea when the PC version may be out?

jiveturkey 08-24-2008 09:44 AM

How are the online multiplayer games?

Coach 10-24-2008 10:48 PM

**** yes.....

Quote:

Rockstar announced a Windows version of the game for release in North America on 18 November 2008 and in Europe three days later.

OnTheWarpath15 12-28-2009 12:56 PM

Talk about being late to the party...

I just got my PS3 last month, and completely forgot about this game. I have a $10 RZ coupon I'm going to use.

Sounds like a steal for $20.

jjjayb 12-28-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6385700)
Talk about being late to the party...

I just got my PS3 last month, and completely forgot about this game. I have a $10 RZ coupon I'm going to use.

Sounds like a steal for $20.

I just bought it the other day too. Steam sale. $7.99. Hard to pass up.

OnTheWarpath15 12-29-2009 12:18 PM

Man, this game is REALLY slow.

When can I buy some weapons? I played for a few hours last night, and just finished my first job for the guy Roman owes money, who is always hanging around the shop.

Can't recall his name.

HC_Chief 12-29-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 4941471)
How are the online multiplayer games?

Hilarious. Total chaos.

The cool thing is you can play a ton of different gaming styles e.g. FPS, deathmatch, mission-based, racing: cars, motorcycles, boats, helicopters

Saulbadguy 12-29-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6388798)
Man, this game is REALLY slow.

When can I buy some weapons? I played for a few hours last night, and just finished my first job for the guy Roman owes money, who is always hanging around the shop.

Can't recall his name.

Vlad.

You should be able to buy weapons pretty soon. If you can, get Little Jacob to be your friend (and get his friend level above 90% i think) ASAP so you can get weapons anytime, anywhere, for cheaper.

OnTheWarpath15 12-29-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 6389211)
Vlad.

You should be able to buy weapons pretty soon. If you can, get Little Jacob to be your friend (and get his friend level above 90% i think) ASAP so you can get weapons anytime, anywhere, for cheaper.

Thanks.

No sign of lil Jacob yet.

Reaper16 12-29-2009 06:50 PM

Lil Jacob is the best part of GTA 4. I kept wishing that I could be a Jamaican character.

Saulbadguy 12-30-2009 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6390222)
Lil Jacob is the best part of GTA 4. I kept wishing that I could be a Jamaican character.

/Agree - he was the only one I enjoyed arranging activities with. Although, Brucie had quite a bit of comedic value as well.

OnTheWarpath15 02-10-2010 09:05 AM

Finally finished the story.

Went with Revenge, though I did use a save slot to go back and see what happens if you choose Deal.

HC_Chief 02-10-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6521500)
Finally finished the story.

Went with Revenge, though I did use a save slot to go back and see what happens if you choose Deal.

Cool. Now you can play through The Lost and the Damned & The Ballad of Gay Tony. The storylines intertwine with Niko's.... really well done. :thumb:

Coach 06-17-2010 10:39 AM

Finished Lost and the Damned, and working on The Ballad of Gay Tony.

Loved Lost and the Damned. I just wish there were more story lines and missions on that. Johnny Klebitz is bad-ass dude. I sure was not expecting the full frontal nudity of the crooked political guy, Stubbs, if I am not mistaken. I was like "WTF?"

"Anyone looking for a fat slav with a bladder problem?"

Saulbadguy 06-17-2010 01:29 PM

Tales from Liberty City will be in the Amazon goldbox today for 26.99

OnTheWarpath15 06-17-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 6827674)
Tales from Liberty City will be in the Amazon goldbox today for 26.99

****, that's $7 more than I paid for GTA4.

Are both full "episodes" included?

Saulbadguy 06-17-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6827808)
****, that's $7 more than I paid for GTA4.

Are both full "episodes" included?

Yes

salame 06-17-2010 10:55 PM

WHoa whoa whoa wait a ****ign minute
when was there a 4th grand theft auto?
when did this shit come out???????

Coach 06-18-2010 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 6829159)
WHoa whoa whoa wait a ****ign minute
when was there a 4th grand theft auto?
when did this shit come out???????

Like in 2008.

salame 06-19-2010 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 6829385)
Like in 2008.

FML

Coach 11-24-2010 04:26 PM

So, anyone still play this game? Along with the Lost and the Damned/Gay Tony expansions?

Buck 11-24-2010 04:54 PM

I will be if Steam gives it a good price for their sale.

Buck 01-24-2011 02:27 AM

**** I'm playing this and its sort of boring. I don't remember it being boring.

Thig Lyfe 01-24-2011 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7379947)

Come up with new games to play. Like seeing how many people you can kill with a Vespa in five minutes.

SnakeXJones 01-24-2011 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7379947)

No Kidding! I tried to play GTA IV again weeks ago after months long of addicted to RDR I just put it down after 30 mins of trying to get into it