ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dolphins working on a trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272208)

Hammock Parties 04-17-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9597381)
Shula's even > Jack Stack, huh?

The worst restaurant in Miami is better than the best restaurant in Kansas City.

mdchiefsfan 04-17-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9597365)
Damn all these Chiefs fans who want us to draft a QB. What's wrong with them.

I agree here. I wish we went that direction, but we are cursed. There's no other reasoning for it

O.city 04-17-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9597372)
Not this year bud. Wrong year unfortunately.

Coming from a guy who gave up on a QB prospect based on his draft offseason, not game tape, not sure I agree.

RunKC 04-17-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9597378)
Why? Because there's no Luck, RG3 or Wilson?

None of these QB's are Luck or RG3.

They're also not normal talents like Stafford, Bradford or Rivers either.

ILChief 04-17-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9597379)
Not saying I love Joeckel, but CP is the only place I hear about how overrated he is. I think most of the hate is Geno love, mixed with hearing Joeckels name associated with the first pick for too long.

Winner

mdchiefsfan 04-17-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9597376)
How ****ing bad is it that we have the first overall pick, and trading down is best case scenario?

Very. It's the luck of the Chiefs to get 1.1 on a worse draft class than 2009

O.city 04-17-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9597392)

Stafford, Bradford and Rivers are normal talents?

Jesus H. we have some high standards for QB's.

O.city 04-17-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9597386)
The worst restaurant in Miami is better than the best restaurant in Kansas City.

Fighting words, those are.

Setsuna 04-17-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9597350)
You're the dumbest ****ing poster since RoyIII.

Seriously.

I'm offended at this post.

Mr. Laz 04-17-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexx (Post 9597115)
The interesting part of this to me is the additional cap room. What, if anything, do they do with it? If they sign some guys with the additional space, it makes this move much more tolerable.

A new schpankidy 6yr/120million dollar contract extension for Alex Smith.

Mother****erJones 04-17-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9597405)

I've been to Miami. I'll take Jack Stack.

O.city 04-17-2013 07:50 PM

Jack Stack is good, but the best BBQ in KC comes from a gas station.

Mother****erJones 04-17-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9597398)

Exactly. Bradford had concerns coming out as well as Stafford. This draft reminds me kind of like 2008.

J Diddy 04-17-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9597386)

Stupindependence def.when someone says something so stupid that they have freed themselves from the rest of the pack.

e.g. When you said this you displayed a high level of stupindependence.

RunKC 04-17-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9597414)

I agree. And this is coming from a huge Arthur Bryant's fan.

DTLB58 04-17-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9597368)
It could be argued that we are making a hole so that we can draft "BPA" first overall and not look like jackasses.

So that Dorsey can stick to is strategy of BPA?

I can see it now, Okay guys, we have our board set, it looks like Joeckel is the #1 guy.

But we have a problem, we have a veteran starter at that position. Anybody have any ideas?

Mother****erJones 04-17-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9597414)

Never had it.

mdchiefsfan 04-17-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9597398)

This. Development can provide players, especially QBs, the chance to live up their potential. The downfall of a player, like Bradford, could arguably be attributed to rushing them into a starting lineup or changing offensive philosophies frequently

Mr. Laz 04-17-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9597405)

He's just trolling.

That douche will saying anything or take any side to get attention. Hell, he even flip-flops on an issue if he thinks the other side will get him more attention ... even if it's negative.

Simply Red 04-17-2013 07:53 PM

Taco Johns has been the best in the KC metro for pratically 20 yrs now - at least. .... err Whenever White Castle left.

O.city 04-17-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9597421)
Never had it.

OK J's has the best overall Q IMO. The Zman is ****ing legendary. Their burnt ends are great too.

I think J. Stack has the best brisket and their sides are awesome.

Bryants has great ribs.

But you definitely have to try OKie Joes.

Mother****erJones 04-17-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9597430)
OK J's has the best overall Q IMO. The Zman is ****ing legendary. Their burnt ends are great too.

I think J. Stack has the best brisket and their sides are awesome.

Bryants has great ribs.

But you definitely have to try OKie Joes.

Can you order it and have it shipped?

Bewbies 04-17-2013 07:54 PM

Miami has some good food, but KC BBQ is among the best cuisine in the world...

Back to the topic at hand, building a franchise around a LT.

O.city 04-17-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9597422)
This. Development can provide players, especially QBs, the chance to live up their potential. The downfall of a player, like Bradford, could arguably be attributed to rushing them into a starting lineup or changing offensive philosophies frequently

It's funny. Alex Smith gets that excuse, but a guy like Bradford who has had an equally shitty situation, doesn't.

Titty Meat 04-17-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9597428)
Taco Johns has been the best in the KC metro for pratically 20 yrs now - at least. .... err Whenever White Castle left.

If that's the case then why do you have Texas Tom's in your avatar?

Bewbies 04-17-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9597435)
It's funny. Alex Smith gets that excuse, but a guy like Bradford who has had an equally shitty situation, doesn't.

That's because Alex Smith is our QB now LMAO

O.city 04-17-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9597433)
Can you order it and have it shipped?

Dunno about O.K Joes. Check out the website.

But food in KC is great. Even outside of BBQ. Beer Kitchen, McCoys, Flea Market, The Majestic, Piropos, The Boot, Plaza III, a few places near Brooksider etc. are all awesome.

IMO, the Majestic has the best steaks and wine selection I've ever had.

RealSNR 04-17-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9597392)

Why don't we turn to my Geno is better than... poll to see if that's actually true.

Most people who voted tended to say that Geno was better than Bradford as a prospect, and I legitimately agree with that. I like him better than Rivers (who sat for his rookie year *gasp*) and Stafford, but people tend to be higher on Stafford than Geno. I can buy that.

In the meantime, it's pretty ****ing stupid to say the top QBs in this class are less than "normal" because Bradford and Rivers are way below normal top QB prospects. I really don't know what Bradford did to tickle your balls coming out of college that Geno does not do.

Let me guess, 'WINZ GAMEZ!!!!!!!111"

Yeah, a lot of good that "winner" mentality from college is doing him now in the pros.

O.city 04-17-2013 07:58 PM

A not as well known place downtown is Grinders. It's awesome for pizza.

Mother****erJones 04-17-2013 07:59 PM

RunKC can keep Bradford.

mdchiefsfan 04-17-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9597435)

I would argue that Bradford has had worse. To compare the rbs are a wash. Buy you think that the best wr Bradford had to work with was Ameyendola and you start to see the vast differences in what each qb had.

O.city 04-17-2013 07:59 PM

I would take Sam Bradford in a HB.

O.city 04-17-2013 08:00 PM

I wonder if we do follow thru with this, do we still try and trade down?

mdchiefsfan 04-17-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9597444)
That's because Alex Smith is our QB now LMAO

that sums it up too LMAO

RunKC 04-17-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9597451)
Why don't we turn to my Geno is better than... poll to see if that's actually true.

Most people who voted tended to say that Geno was better than Bradford as a prospect, and I legitimately agree with that. I like him better than Rivers (who sat for his rookie year *gasp*) and Stafford, but people tend to be higher on Stafford than Geno. I can buy that.

In the meantime, it's pretty ****ing stupid to say the top QBs in this class are less than "normal" because Bradford and Rivers are way below normal top QB prospects. I really don't know what Bradford did to tickle your balls coming out of college that Geno does not do.

Yeah, a lot of good that "winner" mentality from college is doing him now in the pros.

Guess we'll find out in 3 years.

RealSNR 04-17-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9597372)
Not this year bud. Wrong year unfortunately.

Every year is the wrong ****ing year.

Let me guess, it's just "bad luck," right?

Maybe it's because the franchise has never had any ****ing testicles. They're a bunch of dickless douchebags who think great RBs win championships, and that QBs are just complementary guys that you find whenever you can like they're ****ing kickers or punters.

mdchiefsfan 04-17-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9597467)
I wonder if we do follow thru with this, do we still try and trade down?

I would hope so, but it doesn't appear possible. There is just no stand out player of need. We will have another t jacks pick on our hands, just have to hope this pick pays off.

Hammock Parties 04-17-2013 08:03 PM

Protecting Alex Smith with a rookie LT strikes me as a really bad ****ing idea.

If our LT busts we're going to have one of the worst offenses in football.

Bewbies 04-17-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9597471)

Reid and Dorsey better hope they're right, or they'll be working for the NFL network then too.

O.city 04-17-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9597474)

Maybe it's because the franchise has never had any ****ing testicles. They're a bunch of dickless douchebags who think great RBs win championships, and that QBs are just complementary guys that you find whenever you can like they're ****ing kickers or punters.

We just treated the QB spot with the most importance. Best available QB , best backup.

Move on man.

Messier 04-17-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9597460)
I would argue that Bradford has had worse. To compare the rbs are a wash. Buy you think that the best wr Bradford had to work with was Ameyendola and you start to see the vast differences in what each qb had.

Who was Smiths best WR his first three years?

mdchiefsfan 04-17-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9597451)

What sucks is, this it's my line of thinking as . There can be no higher payoff than successfully picking a QB and doing so locks up franchise success for years on end. When there is no clear cut choice, why not take the chance on the player that could define your career?

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-17-2013 08:08 PM

It's a dysfunctional franchise. You'll rarely be wrong if you expect the Chiefs to make the incorrect decision.

Honestly, we should be at the point where anyone hired by the Chiefs should immediately be subjected to skepticism precisely because they were hired by the Chiefs.

O.city 04-17-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9597498)
What sucks is, this it's my line of thinking as . There can be no higher payoff than successfully picking a QB and doing so locks up franchise success for years on end. When there is no clear cut choice, why not take the chance on the player that could define your career?

Because you might miss out on a franchise LT?

RealSNR 04-17-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9597483)
We just treated the QB spot with the most importance. Best available QB , best backup.

Move on man.

I'd really like to get the NFL's REAL opinion on this. Everybody seems to be patting us on the head like we're ****ing 3 years old and just built a shitty tower out of Duplo blocks.

"You found a QB! Good for you! Maybe some day in about 3 or 4 years you can be like mommy and daddy and get big people jobs!"

I have a feeling what the NFL really thinks about these moves is, "Pretty shitty. Hope we get to play the Chiefs a bunch for the next few years."

OnTheWarpath15 04-17-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9597471)

Not unless we take him.

The Patriot Way is 99% bullshit, but there's one thing they believe in that I do as well.

If you don't draft a guy, it makes no difference what he does elsewhere. A player kicking ass elsewhere doesn't mean you made a mistake, and a player sucking ass somewhere else doesn't mean you made the right decision.

Circumstances are different. Coaching staffs, schemes, surrounding talent.

Someone like Tim Couch could have went somewhere else and been a decent QB. Aaron Rodgers could have went somewhere else and just been a decent QB.

What Geno - or any other player we pass on does - doesn't matter. You never know how he would have performed under different circumstances.

RunKC 04-17-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Now you're just trying to turn anti-Geno fans into morons who don't want any QB ever when that's not true at all.

You would have drafted JaMarcus Russell, Tim Couch and Vince Young if you had the number 1 pick huh?

But hey at least those GM's tried!

I'm sure Reid and Dorsey care so much about your opinion of us drafting a QB just to say we did.

milkman 04-17-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caligula (Post 9596958)
so, the dolphins (who drafted a first round QB last year) are getting a starting left tackle (proven veteran) for a low 2nd

and we're getting a rookie starting tackle for the #1 pick in the draft, while spending a high second round pick (and more) on a QB who was a back up

and this isn't ****ing reeruned because why?

Sums it up nicely.

Titty Meat 04-17-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9597504)
It's a dysfunctional franchise. You'll rarely be wrong if you expect the Chiefs to make the incorrect decision.

Honestly, we should be at the point where anyone hired by the Chiefs should immediately be subjected to skepticism precisely because they were hired by the Chiefs.

LOL I was flamed for bashing the Chiefs/Royals in a thread last week.

Then again I was also called reeruned for suggesting Pioli/Crennel be fired after the game against Atlanta.

O.city 04-17-2013 08:11 PM

Look at who the biggest bust QB's have been drafted by. Of course they were going to be shit, they went to shit franchises.

OnTheWarpath15 04-17-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

2013 Kansas City Chiefs.

Bad luck since Feburary, 1970.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-17-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9597515)
Not unless we take him.

The Patriot Way is 99% bullshit, but there's one thing they believe in that I do as well.

If you don't draft a guy, it makes no difference what he does elsewhere. A player kicking ass elsewhere doesn't mean you made a mistake, and a player sucking ass somewhere else doesn't mean you made the right decision.

Circumstances are different. Coaching staffs, schemes, surrounding talent.

Someone like Tim Couch could have went somewhere else and been a decent QB. Aaron Rodgers could have went somewhere else and just been a decent QB.

What Geno - or any other player we pass on does - doesn't matter. You never know how he would have performed under different circumstances.

My take on why that is espoused as Patriot Way philosophy:

I think there is legitimacy to it (Chaos Theory), but it also insulates the management from any skepticism on the players they pass up (Clay Matthews).

Red Dawg 04-17-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9596908)
Yeah, Dorsey/Reid shouldn't be allowed to trade anymore after this. Getting fleeced twice when you have a 2-14 team is ****ing unacceptable.

Dear lord. You all act Albert is Willie Roaf. He is solid at best. Our line can be upgraded with Fisher. We need a second rounder more.

mdchiefsfan 04-17-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9597487)
Who was Smiths best WR his first three years?

Vernon Davis

BossChief 04-17-2013 08:15 PM

Guys, we have to face the distinct possibility that the Chiefs are still ran by fools.

The compensation for Alex Smith was horrendous.

The Shaun Smith signing has FA bust written all over it.

Trading Albert to replace him with the first overall pick in the upcoming draft is quite possibly the worst usage EVER of a first overall pick.

Hammock Parties 04-17-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9597540)
Guys, we have to face the distinct possibility that the Chiefs are still ran by fools.

The compensation for Alex Smith was horrendous.

Trading Albert to replace him with the first overall pick in the upcoming draft is quite possibly the worst usage EVER of a first overall pick.

This an objective evaluation of the moves.

These are the three highest-profile moves they've made this offseason.

If they all go wrong, damn. Reeking of Pioli.

mdchiefsfan 04-17-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9597513)
Because you might miss out on a franchise LT?

Trust me tbe only reason I rebutted your statement was because of the top 10 monkier, I want someone to take a shot, but I have disgustingly admitted defeat seeing we are trying this hard to part with Albert.

Titty Meat 04-17-2013 08:18 PM

Reid drafted a 30 year old guard in the first round.

Dorsey drafted 2 shitty tackles recently in the first round.

These guys love shitty linemen.

O.city 04-17-2013 08:18 PM

If they view Joeckel or Fisher as a better LT than Albert, and he is younger and cheaper, fine. Make the move.

OnTheWarpath15 04-17-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9597548)
Reid drafted a 30 year old guard in the first round.

Dorsey drafted 2 shitty tackles recently in the first round.

These guys love shitty linemen.

Yep. His history with OLmen is piss-poor, to say the least.

Mother****erJones 04-17-2013 08:21 PM

Its SEAN Smith. So, if you're going to bash it, spell his name correctly.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-17-2013 08:21 PM

It all goes back to ownership, anyway. Clark Hunt hired Pioli when even the Browns were taken aback by his demands. The ****ing Browns.

Given that, is it really a surprise he hired two guys who have made the moves they have until this point?

Incompetent people make incompetent decisions.

The Bad Guy 04-17-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9597546)
This an objective evaluation of the moves.

These are the three highest-profile moves they've made this offseason.

If they all go wrong, damn. Reeking of *****.

Ha, objective to who? The guy who has ripped the Sean Smith trade based on PFF and Dolphin message boards?

How does the Sean Smith signing have FA bust written all over it? The guy got a very friendly deal and is now going to be playing in a system he's much more suited for over the previous one he was in where he played in a zone system.

If they all go wrong, they can fall on the sword for it.

Titty Meat 04-17-2013 08:22 PM

BTW OTW was right you make this move you might as well trade guys like Charles and Hali while you're at it. This move screams "rebuilding" but yet they over pay for average/below average free agent talent. This doesn't make sense.

O.city 04-17-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9597564)
It all goes back to ownership, anyway. Clark Hunt hired ***** when even the Browns were taken aback by his demands. The ****ing Browns.

Given that, is it really a surprise he hired two guys who have made the moves they have until this point?

I brought up that the Chiefs might be the worse franchise in the NFL a few weeks ago and got demolished for it.

At this point, I don't think it's too far off.

OnTheWarpath15 04-17-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

It all goes back to ownership, anyway. Clark Hunt hired ***** when even the Browns were taken aback by his demands. The ****ing Browns.

Chock full of truth.

ILChief 04-17-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9597567)
Ha, objective to who? The guy who has ripped the Sean Smith trade based on PFF and Dolphin message boards?

How does the Sean Smith signing have FA bust written all over it? The guy got a very friendly deal and is now going to be playing in a system he's much more suited for over the previous one he was in where he played in a zone system.

If they all go wrong, they can fall on the sword for it.

PFF is the gospel when it supports his opinion but when it says Albert is average it is to be dismissed

Hammock Parties 04-17-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9597567)
How does the Sean Smith signing have FA bust written all over it? .

He's a guy who gave up a lot of first downs, so let's not act like he's a premier corner, or even close to it.

These moves all have huge question marks. That's objective.

mdchiefsfan 04-17-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9597549)
If they view Joeckel or Fisher as a better LT than Albert, and he is younger and cheaper, fine. Make the move.

I agree. I still doubt that either are the prospect that Geno is, but I digress.

-King- 04-17-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9597540)

:spock:

B14ckmon 04-17-2013 08:25 PM

Alex Smith was a proven winner. Geno is a question mark.

The Bad Guy 04-17-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

I think this criticism is completely unfair. Hunt went out and hired guys that were sought after. I really don't understand ripping him anymore.

The New York Giants wanted to hire Pioli in 2007, but he decided to stay with New England.

So are we going to criticize their decision too? That was his job if he wanted it back in 07 when Accorsi was let go.

OnTheWarpath15 04-17-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9597570)
I brought up that the Chiefs might be the worse franchise in the NFL a few weeks ago and got demolished for it.

At this point, I don't think it's too far off.

IIRC, there's only 1 NFL franchise that has won fewer games than Kansas City in the past 6 seasons.

And after this season, we'll be looking at 20 years without a playoff win.

People can't handle the truth.

ShowtimeSBMVP 04-17-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9597578)
PFF is the gospel when it supports his opinion but when it says Albert is average it is to be dismissed

:clap:

Hammock Parties 04-17-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9597578)

It doesn't say Albert is average.

He gave up one sack, and was top 10 in PBE two years in a row.

GTFO.

-King- 04-17-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9597593)
It doesn't say Albert is average.

He gave up one sack, and was top 10 in PBE two years in a row.

GTFO.

It says he was the 25th best OT in the league last year.

Hammock Parties 04-17-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9597584)
Alex Smith was a proven winner. Geno is a question mark.

One winning season is a proven winner? ROFL

The Bad Guy 04-17-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9597581)
He's a guy who gave up a lot of first downs, so let's not act like he's a premier corner, or even close to it.

These moves all have huge question marks. That's objective.

He's not paid like a premier corner so why am I going to act like he is one?

He was a poor fit for a zone scheme.

Derrick Johnson was a poor fit in a 4-3 defense. We should totally have just based every opinion on his first 4 years in the league.

Hammock Parties 04-17-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9597595)
It says he was the 25th best OT in the league last year.

I'm selling these fine bridges.

Messier 04-17-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9597596)
One winning season is a proven winner? ROFL

Are you new here?