ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games ***Official GTA 5 ONLINE THREAD*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276857)

AussieChiefsFan 10-18-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 10097935)
I spent a bit of time in the game for the first time in a week+ and I'm pretty sure all of my progress just got lost thanks to server junk. I lost a bunch of time I devoted to car-stealing and paper-getting. =[

Shit, how much did you lose?

Ultra Peanut 10-18-2013 11:17 PM

$30k and about half a level (went from 17 to 18). It reverted me back to how I was dressed when that session started, so I'm guessing everything went poof.

You said SESSION SAVED!!!! :deevee:

Ultra Peanut 10-18-2013 11:20 PM

... and there was that mission where I blow up all those cars, and the one where I killed a bunch of bikers, and...

RustShack 10-19-2013 02:22 AM

My car never did upgrade, so I guess I'm just out 27,000 >:(

mdchiefsfan 10-19-2013 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10097264)
Man. Who knew showering on a video game could be so enjoyable?

LMAO

Wallcrawler 10-19-2013 03:36 AM

GTA Online is hot garbage right now. Ive stopped playing it until they figure out what the hell they are doing.

Bunch of people glitched their way to billions of dollars through a glitch in the Los Santos Customs garage. This is bad for R*, because they were peddling GTA $ to the gaming community for real dollars. Nobody is going to buy that when you can just get it through a glitch.

Apparently R* is going to be handing out two deposits to everyone of 250k to their banks. Anyone that had used the glitch to gain mega millions or even billions is looking at a plethora of punishments. Cheater Lobby has been mentioned, banning has been mentioned, as well as bank/garage/character reset altogether.

Well, since patch 1.04, GTA Online is now what I like to call "****ed in Half Broken". R* slashed the payouts on all the missions by 50%. This literally means that on low level type missions, you actually go into the negative just for doing it. Doing a mission for a 500$ payout is a complete waste of time. If you use a sticky during the mission, you just went in the hole 100$ instantly. Not to mention cost of ammo and armor.

Its so completely screwed right now its unreal. These guys just made over a billion dollars with this game, and now they are ****ing with it because their microtransaction cash flow is being threatened.

Now GTA Online is a mind numbing, tedious grind. No mission replay because you could get money quickly doing that. Payouts are cut in half so you need to spend even more time playing to get cash, unless youd like to buckle under the strain of impatience and give R* 20 bucks of your real money for a couple million GTA$.

I don't know if it was an oversight by R* or just sheer stupidity, but right now holding up a gas station or liquor store in the game gives you 3-4 times the money that a lot of the missions give you, and it does it in the span of about 20 seconds. Pretty sad that a little side activity like that gives a better payout than doing an actual mission.

Don't even mess with the missions unless youre going to be using a pistol only, and hit about every shot and never get hit yourself. Its the only way you can make money on those types of missions.

Thank Christ they had the decency to reduce the cost of dying in free roam from 2000 down to 500.

This is easily R* games' biggest faceplant ever when it comes to gaming. Pretty disappointed with how things are going, especially when they seem motivated by greed.

Mav 10-19-2013 03:50 AM

wallcrawler.

I think its more than just greed. I think a lot of it has to do with them being out of their element. I would expect the next go round on GTA 6, that it would be a much better experience.

AussieChiefsFan 10-19-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10098087)
GTA Online is hot garbage right now. Ive stopped playing it until they figure out what the hell they are doing.

Bunch of people glitched their way to billions of dollars through a glitch in the Los Santos Customs garage. This is bad for R*, because they were peddling GTA $ to the gaming community for real dollars. Nobody is going to buy that when you can just get it through a glitch.

Apparently R* is going to be handing out two deposits to everyone of 250k to their banks. Anyone that had used the glitch to gain mega millions or even billions is looking at a plethora of punishments. Cheater Lobby has been mentioned, banning has been mentioned, as well as bank/garage/character reset altogether.

Well, since patch 1.04, GTA Online is now what I like to call "****ed in Half Broken". R* slashed the payouts on all the missions by 50%. This literally means that on low level type missions, you actually go into the negative just for doing it. Doing a mission for a 500$ payout is a complete waste of time. If you use a sticky during the mission, you just went in the hole 100$ instantly. Not to mention cost of ammo and armor.

Its so completely screwed right now its unreal. These guys just made over a billion dollars with this game, and now they are ****ing with it because their microtransaction cash flow is being threatened.

Now GTA Online is a mind numbing, tedious grind. No mission replay because you could get money quickly doing that. Payouts are cut in half so you need to spend even more time playing to get cash, unless youd like to buckle under the strain of impatience and give R* 20 bucks of your real money for a couple million GTA$.

I don't know if it was an oversight by R* or just sheer stupidity, but right now holding up a gas station or liquor store in the game gives you 3-4 times the money that a lot of the missions give you, and it does it in the span of about 20 seconds. Pretty sad that a little side activity like that gives a better payout than doing an actual mission.

Don't even mess with the missions unless youre going to be using a pistol only, and hit about every shot and never get hit yourself. Its the only way you can make money on those types of missions.

Thank Christ they had the decency to reduce the cost of dying in free roam from 2000 down to 500.

This is easily R* games' biggest faceplant ever when it comes to gaming. Pretty disappointed with how things are going, especially when they seem motivated by greed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10098089)
wallcrawler.

I think its more than just greed. I think a lot of it has to do with them being out of their element. I would expect the next go round on GTA 6, that it would be a much better experience.

R*'s thing has always been an incredible 10/10 single player and story mode. Their quite new to the mass-multiplayer scene.

mdchiefsfan 10-19-2013 07:49 AM

I just got paid out $14,000 for a survival yesterday. And if I read the report right, they are only slashing the payout by 50% when you redo a mission, not the first time you do it.

SAUTO 10-19-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10098166)
I just got paid out $14,000 for a survival yesterday. And if I read the report right, they are only slashing the payout by 50% when you redo a mission, not the first time you do it.

I read it was 50 percent less each time. Half then a quarter etc...
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 10-19-2013 07:57 AM

And what is the point in worrying about money? You can kill people broke.
Posted via Mobile Device

hometeam 10-19-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10098182)
And what is the point in worrying about money? You can kill people broke.
Posted via Mobile Device

Money is mostly for cars and tanks and calling in merryweather mercenarys~!

SAUTO 10-19-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10098187)
Money is mostly for cars and tanks and calling in merryweather mercenarys~!

I guess I haven't ran into anyone with skills like that...
Posted via Mobile Device

hometeam 10-19-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10098193)
I guess I haven't ran into anyone with skills like that...
Posted via Mobile Device

Yea, once you start to level up you start to get several different call ins, ability to buy tanks and choppers, all of which cost massive amounts of cash.

Ceej 10-19-2013 08:31 AM

I guess I don't mind any of it.

The only missions I re-do are ones my friends haven't completed yet. I don't mind taking the cut in R$ to help them out.

I still intend on making most of my money through Survival.

Quesadilla Joe 10-19-2013 08:45 AM

I had $1.1M saved up before I quit playing earlier today and I logged back in an hour later and I only had $660,000. WTF?

Quesadilla Joe 10-19-2013 09:05 AM

I wouldn't play today if I were you guys, seems like R* are having issues with their servers again

TLO 10-19-2013 06:09 PM

I want my 250k deposit. I feel like I am stuck at 85k.

Buck 10-19-2013 06:10 PM

I am too scared to play right now, I don't want to lose my progress.

Johnny Vegas 10-19-2013 07:45 PM

I'm online and I got everything still. Even the online stock market is up. I'm up to $100,000,000 with Franklin invested in Hawk and Little. About $75 mil with Michael and Trevor. I got into the stock earlier with Franklin around $9 a share now its $50. I just keep selling all my stock and buy all shares again. After a couple days I make about $10mil.

RustShack 10-19-2013 07:57 PM

Where do I put stocks to make money online!?

Mother****erJones 10-19-2013 08:00 PM

For PS3, I a play online tonight anyone wana play?

Buck 10-19-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10100204)
Where do I put stocks to make money online!?

Stocks aren't working online yet.

RustShack 10-19-2013 10:38 PM

I just got on if anyone wants to play

TLO 10-20-2013 06:43 PM

Getting online for a while now. Got the game on my second TV

TLO 10-21-2013 12:00 PM

Finally going to go get myself an apartment!

hometeam 10-21-2013 01:25 PM

going to try and get on tonight.

TBH the console is getting tiresome, its just such a POS compared to PC.

When this games hits PC its gonna be ****ing epic.

-King- 10-22-2013 01:39 AM

Good chance I trade this game in for Call of duty ghost.

GTA is fun but call of duty fits my play style better.

Quesadilla Joe 10-22-2013 05:49 AM

Don't buy the Buzzard, it's a total waste of money. You have to pay $1,000 every time you want to use it and then you have to drive halfway across the map to get to it.

Mav 10-22-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Dumbass (Post 10113118)
Don't buy the Buzzard, it's a total waste of money. You have to pay $1,000 every time you want to use it and then you have to drive halfway across the map to get to it.

Why would you ever buy it in the first place?

its so easy to get. Drive over to noose. They let you through the gates. Crawl up to the top of the building. Steal them.

Michael, Frank, and Trevor all have one on their helipads.

lcarus 10-22-2013 02:59 PM

I'm making a lot of money through races. **** missions.

TLO 10-22-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10114305)
I'm making a lot of money through races. **** missions.

Same, but there's a limit to how many races I play before either;

A. I get super pissed off because I have a huge lead, someone miraculously catches me, spins me out, and I finish last. Leading to me wanting to smash shit.

B. I get bored of racing. It's just not that fun.

I'd rather rob/shoot/kill to make my money.

TLO 10-22-2013 04:38 PM

And btw, I'll be on around 9 or 10 tonight. Need some help with missions from Lester.

Quesadilla Joe 10-22-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10114156)
Why would you ever buy it in the first place?

its so easy to get. Drive over to noose. They let you through the gates. Crawl up to the top of the building. Steal them.

Michael, Frank, and Trevor all have one on their helipads.

I really hate driving to the north end of the map for missions/crates/bounties, having a Buzzard available at the apartment would've been really convenient.

TLO 10-22-2013 04:49 PM

Anyone got that deposit from Rockstar yet?

Quesadilla Joe 10-22-2013 05:00 PM

No deposit for me yet

Buck 10-22-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Dumbass (Post 10114646)
I really hate driving to the north end of the map for missions/crates/bounties, having a Buzzard available at the apartment would've been really convenient.

Do you know where the Buzzard is by the docks near the Merryweather warehouse?

I can't pilot choppers for shit, but I have been picking one up there when I decide I wanna **** around.

Buck 10-22-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10110887)
going to try and get on tonight.

TBH the console is getting tiresome, its just such a POS compared to PC.

When this games hits PC its gonna be ****ing epic.

If I had to guess, it will come out after the PS4/Bone so they can get triple purchases from people.

Quesadilla Joe 10-22-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10114681)

I can't pilot choppers for shit, but I have been picking one up there when I decide I wanna **** around.

I've never used that one. There is one at a hospital in the south eastern part of Los Santos, that's the one I normally get. They occasionally spawn up at the Sandy Shores airfield too.

Whenever I need a chopper I just call Merryweather for the Helicopter Pickup and just shoot the pilot and take the chopper. You can get put on their blacklist if you shoot enough pilots but it only lasts an hour or so.

Mr. Plow 10-22-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10114620)
And btw, I'll be on around 9 or 10 tonight. Need some help with missions from Lester.

I'm going to try to be on tonight as well.

TLO 10-22-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Dumbass (Post 10114712)
I've never used that one. There is one at a hospital in the south eastern part of Los Santos, that's the one I normally get. They occasionally spawn up at the Sandy Shores airfield too.

Whenever I need a chopper I just call Merryweather for the Helicopter Pickup and just shoot the pilot and take the chopper. You can get put on their blacklist if you shoot enough pilots but it only lasts an hour or so.

Do they come after you if your are blacklisted? That sounds awesome.:)

TLO 10-22-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10114681)

Merrweather wearhouse eh? Didn't know such a building existed. Might have to go check that out. :D

RustShack 10-23-2013 12:26 AM

I have a garage at the very top of the map. Were are the helicopters at up there? I always want to go down to the south and didn't think they through when I got my garage lol

TLO 10-23-2013 01:16 PM

These missions from Lester are damn near impossible with these idiots I'm playing with.

Me: "We finally made it to the top of the building without you dying 7865456 times! We just need to steal both choppers and get them to the drop off point. "

Random Noob: "Ok! I'll throw a grenade out there and give us a window "

Me: "WAIT!!! DON'T!!!!"

(Helicpoter blows up. Mission failed)

:facepalm:

Mr. Plow 10-23-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10117144)
These missions from Lester are damn near impossible with these idiots I'm playing with.

Me: "We finally made it to the top of the building without you dying 7865456 times! We just need to steal both choppers and get them to the drop off point. "

LMAO

I'm going to be on around 4:30p or so if you are still playing.

CoMoChief 10-23-2013 02:15 PM

So is this game gonna come out for PS4?

I don't want to buy this game and then buy it again when the new console comes out.

RustShack 10-23-2013 02:33 PM

I'm on right now for Xbox and will be for awhile. Wanna make some $$$

Mr. Plow 10-23-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10117144)

Just sent you a friend request. Didn't realize you weren't on mine yet.

TLO 10-23-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10117546)
Just sent you a friend request. Didn't realize you weren't on mine yet.

I'm @ work now. Probably won't be on till 1am if I play at all tonight. Tomorrow I plan to be on around noon and play till whenever...

Quesadilla Joe 10-23-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10115107)
Do they come after you if your are blacklisted? That sounds awesome.:)

Nah they just cut you off for an hour or so.

The Franchise 10-23-2013 07:32 PM

pestilenceaf23 on PS3.

The Franchise 10-24-2013 09:12 AM

I should probably start doing online missions at some point instead of ****ing around.

hometeam 10-24-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10119255)
I should probably start doing online missions at some point instead of ****ing around.

nahhhhhhh

The Franchise 10-24-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10119257)
nahhhhhhh

I spent a ****ing hour last night ****ing with this group of 4-5 black dudes. They were on there for the sole purpose of seeing how many stars they could get up and survive. It was N word this and N word that. I never would have started....but I robbed a store....walked out and dude blasted me in the face with a shotgun.

So they're all ****ing around over by the customs shop.....having a nice little shootout with the cops. I sneak behind the wall....peek around the corner....and start picking them off from behind with my pistol. lol

They had a hit out for me....until I left. It was ****ing hilarious.

Mr. Plow 10-24-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10117992)
I'm @ work now. Probably won't be on till 1am if I play at all tonight. Tomorrow I plan to be on around noon and play till whenever...

I'll try to be on later tonight if you're around.

I spent last night just racing a ton. Not huge payouts, but ok & it got me leveled up fairly quickly. Gotta get up to $150,000 to get the place I want.

AussieChiefsFan 10-24-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10119511)

I spent last night just racing a ton. Not huge payouts, but ok & it got me leveled up fairly quickly. Gotta get up to $150,000 to get the place I want.

Try the races called double parking and downtown underground.

TLO 10-24-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

I'll be on in about 30 mins I'd like to knock out some of these messions from Lester, but I'm also up for some survival, racing, whatever really. :)

Mr. Plow 10-24-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10120808)
I'll be on in about 30 mins I'd like to knock out some of these messions from Lester, but I'm also up for some survival, racing, whatever really. :)

Just got home from football practice. Going to run and grab some food. I should be on around 9p. And I'm up for whatever. Just want to earn some money.

Mr. Plow 10-24-2013 08:40 PM

Damnit. Scratch that. Kids want to watch a movie.

mdchiefsfan 10-24-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

No showers? LMAO I am going to try to get on here in a bit.

Mr. Plow 10-24-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10121568)
No showers? LMAO I am going to try to get on here in a bit.

That was the sexiest shower ever. I have pictures on my online cell phone.

mdchiefsfan 10-24-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10121584)

ROFL

Ceej 10-24-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10121584)

Mmmm.

mdchiefsfan 10-24-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10121869)
Mmmm.

You getting on?

Ceej 10-25-2013 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10121896)
You getting on?

I'm working third until next Friday.

However. I am off Friday/Saturday.

Just holler on here when you get on, i haven't played gta in awhile.

Mr. Plow 10-25-2013 07:07 AM

My kids have no school, no football practice, no dance, and no gymnastics so I have nothing to do when I get off work. I'll be on around 4pm for a couple hours if anyone wants to play.

TLO 10-25-2013 04:34 PM

I'll probably be getting on about 9:30 or 10 since my lady friend is busy this evening. Hope to see some peeps online later tonight!

Ceej 10-25-2013 10:00 PM

Anyone playing on 360?

RustShack 10-26-2013 12:25 AM

I was playing all day/night since I got my wisdoms removed this morning.

Mr. Plow 10-28-2013 09:46 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yWypXM3tSUg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SnakeXJones 10-28-2013 04:53 PM

I'll be on tonight till about midnight

hometeam 10-28-2013 04:58 PM

I am going to hop on in a bit, still level 15. haven't been able to get on in two weeks, going to too many chiefs games and Halloween parties in my downtime~

TLO 10-29-2013 10:53 AM

Bout ready to hop on now. Ready to buy a turbocharger for my Elgey RH8. :)

RustShack 10-29-2013 11:13 AM

Any idea when we are getting the money?

RustShack 10-29-2013 11:17 AM

I need some help/tips on making money.

SAUTO 10-29-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10137775)
I need some help/tips on making money.

down the drain with one other person over and over again

RustShack 10-29-2013 11:21 AM

Is that a race? I've been doing that with takeoff

Buck 10-29-2013 11:30 AM

Do criminal records with 2 players, 3 laps, motorcycles, normal race, traffic on, wanted level on, catch up off, and split time set to personal best.

Some kind of glitch that gives you hella xp I went from level 41 to level 50 in less than an hour. And had like $72000 at the end of that.

RustShack 10-29-2013 11:34 AM

Anyone wanna get in?

TLO 10-29-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10137833)
Anyone wanna get in?

I'll be back online around 9 - 9:30 if you want to do that race. I could use some $$$$