ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Best Show on Television... Entourage (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119702)

DaneMcCloud 09-11-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 5004232)
Artie the guy from the Howard Stern show? i know he was on a episode of Entourage a few years back.

I think that poster was referring to Ari Gold.

I think.

kcxiv 09-11-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5005006)
I think that poster was referring to Ari Gold.

I think.

haha, i know, but to say his character sucks deserves a neg rep almost. Ari's character is always awesome.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-13-2008 11:08 AM

I've loved this show since it started. I really don't watch much network television, so for me, to say I've seen every episode is really saying something. That said, I hope this show hasn't jumped the shark. It felt that way when I watched it last weekend. I'm watching it, and I'm sitting there thinking to myself, this has all been done. JMO, I'm holding out hope for an awesome season.

kcxiv 09-22-2008 02:39 AM

Was an awesome episode tonight. Ari Gold is the best character on TV. "this is what you call a bitch slap". haha

Fishpicker 09-22-2008 10:37 AM

Entourage finally hit its stride this season. the first two episodes were lackluster and last night's show was hilarious. Drama has been the funniest character so far, this season.

keg in kc 09-22-2008 10:51 AM

Holy shit, that was ****ing funny as hell.

Tribal Warfare 09-22-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 5044403)
Entourage finally hit its stride this season. the first two episodes were lackluster and last night's show was hilarious. Drama has been the funniest character so far, this season.

Drama to the rescue then he upchucks

Mr. Flopnuts 09-22-2008 11:06 AM

The episode was decent. I didn't think it was phenominal though. I still fear this show may be jumping the shark as we speak. But I only watch 2 shows on TV so I'm by no means an expert.

ChiefsFan4Life 09-22-2008 02:25 PM

I thought the second episode was better than the 3rd ... the first one sucked balls

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2008 02:30 AM

No replies for a few weeks? Are you guys watching? Or just bored with it?

FTR, my wife's Pilates Studio was briefly seen when Vince walks out of the party and on to Broadway in downtown LA (They were at the Orpheum Theatre, just across the street from her studio).

kcxiv 10-05-2008 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5082796)
No replies for a few weeks? Are you guys watching? Or just bored with it?

FTR, my wife's Pilates Studio was briefly seen when Vince walks out of the party and on to Broadway in downtown LA (They were at the Orpheum Theatre, just across the street from her studio).

hmmm i forgot what episode was last week. So many TV shows out now. I get lost in them. haha

irishjayhawk 10-05-2008 08:31 PM

Watched tonights. Thought it was perhaps the worst of the series.

teedubya 10-05-2008 08:36 PM

I wonder if they are building to something... or if they just kinda make it up as they go along.

BWillie 10-05-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5086463)

I must be the only one who is liking these last episodes. Vince has reached the bottom. That is what you all don't like I think. We all like those episodes where the guys are the shit because you for 20 minutes you feel like you are a movie star too living that life. Give it a few more episodes and they will be living the dream again

ragedogg69 10-05-2008 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5086463)

likewise

but i do agree. the show was more fun when they were on top.

irishjayhawk 10-05-2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 5086567)
I must be the only one who is liking these last episodes. Vince has reached the bottom. That is what you all don't like I think. We all like those episodes where the guys are the shit because you for 20 minutes you feel like you are a movie star too living that life. Give it a few more episodes and they will be living the dream again

I'm all for story. In fact, I'm usually alone on that front with the people I talk to. They'd rather have the party-on-top-all-day-long-filler episodes than an actual story.

I mean I got the point that Vince was down when he was taking a 2nd lead and even being mentioned for Benji.

I don't need reeruned episode fillers like tonight's episode.

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2008 10:29 PM

I enjoyed it. It was very "Hollywood".

This show is often times too "inside" and tonight was one of those episodes.

Unless you live and work in Tinseltown, episodes like this one probably seem trite.

But honestly, stuff like this does happen.

And I thought Eric Roberts was awesome.

Tribal Warfare 10-06-2008 12:44 AM

"Something's following me Lloyd!!!!!!!!!" Ari

irishjayhawk 10-06-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5086761)
I enjoyed it. It was very "Hollywood".

This show is often times too "inside" and tonight was one of those episodes.

Unless you live and work in Tinseltown, episodes like this one probably seem trite.

But honestly, stuff like this does happen.

And I thought Eric Roberts was awesome.

I could definitely see that being the case. I just didn't find the humor all that funny. It seemed like generic or canned "trippin'" humor.

I did think Eric Roberts' part was pretty sweet.

keg in kc 10-06-2008 06:31 PM

I thought it was pretty damned funny.

BWillie 10-06-2008 07:27 PM

Come on, everybody wanted to see Ari on shrooms. I know I did

kcxiv 10-06-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 5089540)
Come on, everybody wanted to see Ari on shrooms. I know I did

lol, Him and Lloyd on the phone was pretty damned funny. Then when Ms. Ari came home to the house full of them gay dudes in the pool. haha

DaneMcCloud 10-06-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5089259)
I could definitely see that being the case. I just didn't find the humor all that funny. It seemed like generic or canned "trippin'" humor.

I did think Eric Roberts' part was pretty sweet.

Hollywood's a weird place, especially for actors.

So many have "Guru's" and "Psychics" to help with their career choices. On Highland Blvd, south of Melrose, there are several Psychics. Now, that may not mean much to you but the houses on Highland and in that general area (referred to as Hancock Park) are on average, $3 million dollars per. And that's on the low end. So consequently, there are many "celebrities" and stars that live in that particular neighborhood.

I'm not condoning or championing these people's behavior. Actually, I think it's ridiculous. But then again, I'm not an A-List actor who's had a few flops that's in desperate need of a career saving movie. If I were, maybe I WOULD go to Joshua Tree or visit a psychic for advice.

Like I said, Hollywood's a weird place for actors.

Thig Lyfe 10-06-2008 10:56 PM

**** Entourage. I want more Flight of the Conchords.

irishjayhawk 10-12-2008 08:31 PM

I actually liked that episode.

DaneMcCloud 10-14-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5109992)
I actually liked that episode.

It was okay but I could see it miles away.

That was pretty much the only way they were going to be able to solve Vince's current dilemma.

The "tell" was when Ari asked out loud "When are you going to die, Bob?".

irishjayhawk 10-19-2008 08:31 PM

Best episode in a long, long time as far as I'm concerned.

In fact, it could have been a season ender and I'd have been content.

What I didn't like was the "next time" segment which made it, IMO, way too obvious what will happen.

ragedogg69 10-19-2008 09:51 PM

The only thing I didnt like is it seems Vinnie is just trying to sabotage his career now. Other than that it was awesome.

Tribal Warfare 10-19-2008 09:55 PM

Ari " I'm going to the bathroon"

irishjayhawk 10-19-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 5133833)
The only thing I didnt like is it seems Vinnie is just trying to sabotage his career now. Other than that it was awesome.

How so?

Mr. Flopnuts 10-19-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5133458)
Best episode in a long, long time as far as I'm concerned.

In fact, it could have been a season ender and I'd have been content.

What I didn't like was the "next time" segment which made it, IMO, way too obvious what will happen.

Yeah, I've been coming down on this show this season but they turned it around tonight. It was compelling, and entertaining. It's taking an interesting turn right now, we'll see what happens. But that's it. I give a shit again.

irishjayhawk 10-19-2008 11:43 PM

By the way, does anyone know the song that played at the end of the episode?

noa 10-20-2008 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5134106)
By the way, does anyone know the song that played at the end of the episode?

Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead from 'The Bends.'

DaneMcCloud 10-20-2008 01:02 AM

Best episode in at least a year.

I don't know why the producers get away from it but the show is at its best when there is an emotional element involved.

kcxiv 10-20-2008 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5134164)

I don't know why the producers get away from it but the show is at its best when there is an emotional element involved.

That was a good episode for the show for the drama part. Not the best comedy episode, but that was damned good. That shit hit Vince hard i think. That was just good tv right there.

keg in kc 10-20-2008 06:16 AM

Quote:

Yeah. That Ari-Vince moment at the end was one of the best ever.

Hootie 10-20-2008 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5117038)
It was okay but I could see it miles away.

That was pretty much the only way they were going to be able to solve Vince's current dilemma.

The "tell" was when Ari asked out loud "When are you going to die, Bob?".

Yeah, ok...know-it-all at it again! I bet you saw that coming...

Hootie 10-20-2008 07:21 AM

I don't know why Vince is so pissed...Ari loves him...Ari can get him in any movie he wants now. This is a GOOD thing.

ragedogg69 10-20-2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5133915)
How so?

A million dollar modeling deal down the toilet. Even his PR lady knew it wasnt a good idea to go talk to the head modeling guy. Its to the point now in his career that he should subscribe to the George Castanza rule of life and do the complete opposite of what he thinks his right.

You could even go back as far as the Aquaman 2 deal and his hard on for Cameron. Then Medeian when he wouldnt listen to E on how bad the movie is. He almost did Benji.

It just is getting alittle old that Vinnie suddenly has the worst career judgement since Cuba Gooding Jr.

irishjayhawk 10-20-2008 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 5134406)
A million dollar modeling deal down the toilet. Even his PR lady knew it wasnt a good idea to go talk to the head modeling guy. Its to the point now in his career that he should subscribe to the George Castanza rule of life and do the complete opposite of what he thinks his right.

You could even go back as far as the Aquaman 2 deal and his hard on for Cameron. Then Medeian when he wouldnt listen to E on how bad the movie is. He almost did Benji.

It just is getting alittle old that Vinnie suddenly has the worst career judgement since Cuba Gooding Jr.

Not necessarily. Vinnie has always been principled in his decisions. Nothing has been inconsistent here.

irishjayhawk 10-20-2008 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 5134162)
Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead from 'The Bends.'

Gracias.

irishjayhawk 10-20-2008 09:13 AM

Quote:

Yep. Absolutely true.

DaneMcCloud 10-20-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5134313)
Yeah, ok...know-it-all at it again! I bet you saw that coming...

Hootie, if you study screenwriting, it's easy to figure out just about anything. There are rules to successful screenwriting (even as far as formatting: If a script isn't formatted correctly, no one in Hollywood will read it) and foreshadowing is very easy to pick up.

DaneMcCloud 10-20-2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5134541)
Not necessarily. Vinnie has always been principled in his decisions. Nothing has been inconsistent here.

Absolutely.

Some actors make horrible career choices, others are somehow able to avoid those pitfalls. So far, they've written Vince as being very principled.

I wonder how long that will last?

BWillie 10-20-2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5134315)
I don't know why Vince is so pissed...Ari loves him...Ari can get him in any movie he wants now. This is a GOOD thing.

I expect Vince to hit it huge with Smoke Jumpers and some following popcorn movies that Ari gets him, while alienating his friends. I have not see that part of Vince, but it wouldn't surprise me if that happens by the end of the season once he starts getting successful again.

ragedogg69 10-20-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5134541)

yeah i guess your right. nothing inconsistent. I am just sick of him being so damn principled. :D

Hootie 10-22-2008 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5134674)
Hootie, if you study screenwriting, it's easy to figure out just about anything. There are rules to successful screenwriting (even as far as formatting: If a script isn't formatted correctly, no one in Hollywood will read it) and foreshadowing is very easy to pick up.

Alright. I forgot you were a Hollywood guy, my bad.

Miles 10-23-2008 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5134674)

Just curious outside of the context of this show. Does that added knowledge tend to hurt you enjoyment of watching things since you can often see it coming or just make you appreciate it that much more when done well?

Miles 10-23-2008 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5133458)

Agreed that this was the best episode in quite a while that wasn't set up for pure humor.

I usually make an effort to avoid "next time" previews since they tend to reveal way too much these days. From you take, I'm defiantly glad I killed the DVR playback before seeing it with this episode.

irishjayhawk 10-23-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 5143444)
Agreed that this was the best episode in quite a while that wasn't set up for pure humor.

I usually make an effort to avoid "next time" previews since they tend to reveal way too much these days. From you take, I'm defiantly glad I killed the DVR playback before seeing it with this episode.

I'm hoping they all throw us for a loop and made it a huge red herring. Doubtful, though.

Crybaby Power 10-23-2008 12:50 PM

Nothing like ordering a huge pizza with the friends and the dog, smokin a lil green and watching Entourage on Sun nights.

Those my friends, are some good times.

PhillyChiefFan 10-23-2008 01:18 PM

I hope Ari doesn't take Allan's position, you could tell in the last episode that Vinny was pissed about it when he got on the jet.

Something's got to give though, between that and Eric getting more clients etc. The group is going to be at odds about something

PhillyChiefFan 10-23-2008 01:21 PM

I like the fact that its not all peaches and cream this year after Medellin bombed, it kind of brough everyone back to earth.

DaneMcCloud 10-23-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 5143443)
Just curious outside of the context of this show. Does that added knowledge tend to hurt you enjoyment of watching things since you can often see it coming or just make you appreciate it that much more when done well?

I'd say it's a combination of both. Especially with music production, which is my real area of expertise.

I ruined a ton of movies and especially albums from popular artists for my wife back in the mid-90's. She finally asked me not to give her any information about said productions unless she specifically asks for it. I've rarely spilled the beans about anything since.

Back to Entourage, a producer friend called me yesterday and said "Before you say anything, I have to tell you that I thought Sunday's episode of Entourage was the finest episode ever. The acting by all of the cast members in the final scene was note perfect. You really saw how much those two people (Vince & Ari) need each other. And the Radiohead song was genius".

I told that I had also come to that conclusion on Monday morning.

That should have been a season ending finale because it was just brilliant.

irishjayhawk 10-23-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5144650)
I'd say it's a combination of both. Especially with music production, which is my real area of expertise.

I ruined a ton of movies and especially albums from popular artists for my wife back in the mid-90's. She finally asked me not to give her any information about said productions unless she specifically asks for it. I've rarely spilled the beans about anything since.

Back to Entourage, a producer friend called me yesterday and said "Before you say anything, I have to tell you that I thought Sunday's episode of Entourage was the finest episode ever. The acting by all of the cast members in the final scene was note perfect. You really saw how much those two people (Vince & Ari) need each other. And the Radiohead song was genius".

I told that I had also come to that conclusion on Monday morning.

That should have been a season ending finale because it was just brilliant.

That's my exact take.

The acting was the best in the series to date, I believe. The sunset lighting made it even better and the Radiohead song was the kicker for me. Cutting to black on the beat, the slow rise, and the imagery accompanying the music was phenomenal. Specifically, the shot out of the moving plane window with Ari and his hands up and he closes the shade.

Absolutely brilliant. I still can't get over how awesome that episode was. I just hope they haven't jumped the shark and set me up for a huge let down. And let me say that it will, in fact, be a let down if the "next time" gave away most of what I think it gave away.

irishjayhawk 10-26-2008 08:29 PM

Went from perhaps best ever to blah.

As I figured, it was highly predictable in that he doesn't take the job. And I'm disappointed that it took less than an episode to get all of that arc started after cliff hanging it.

Booooo.

SithCeNtZ 10-26-2008 08:43 PM

Agreed. What a complete waste of a possibly interesting plot line. The turtle story was basically worthless. What was the point?

edit to add: Also, what was the point of Vince ever following that model? He makes some big decision to chase her down and then the next episode she is gone? I don't get it.

Tribal Warfare 10-27-2008 12:05 AM

Classic Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "I'm getting ****ed, the way you like getting ****ed, and I don't like getting ****ed"

kcxiv 10-27-2008 01:19 AM

That episode was awesome. I give that shit 2 thumbs up. I really enjoyed it. I love what Ari did to Amanda. That was $$$$.

DaneMcCloud 10-29-2008 04:48 PM

I feel like I missed an episode.

WTF?

NO follow-up after last week's incredible episode? Nothing? How freakin' bizarre.

unlurking 10-29-2008 04:55 PM

I loved this episode. I loved the way it turned out, and wouldn't have wanted it any different. For those people that like cliffhangers, the only one I see would have been ending the episode on the fight between Ari and Amanda. I could have used some more one-liners in that scene!

Anyway, as a fan of the characters and story line, not so much the cliffhangers, I'm glad it worked out the way it did.

DaneMcCloud 10-29-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 5165060)
I loved this episode. I loved the way it turned out, and wouldn't have wanted it any different. For those people that like cliffhangers, the only one I see would have been ending the episode on the fight between Ari and Amanda. I could have used some more one-liners in that scene!

Anyway, as a fan of the characters and story line, not so much the cliffhangers, I'm glad it worked out the way it did.

I don't have a problem with the resolution, but I have a problem with the fact that the producers decided to skip altogether what could have been a very interesting episode in favor of a quick decision.

I felt "robbed" by their decision. It was kind of like jumping from the 1st quarter to the 2 minute warning in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl.

I wanted to see how they got to that point, not just see the final two minutes.

unlurking 10-29-2008 06:07 PM

I can see that. I was a little disappointed about not getting to follow Ari on his European tour. And more of the models wouldn't have hurt I guess! Maybe they could have made it a 2 parter.

irishjayhawk 10-29-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5165100)
I don't have a problem with the resolution, but I have a problem with the fact that the producers decided to skip altogether what could have been a very interesting episode in favor of a quick decision.

I felt "robbed" by their decision. It was kind of like jumping from the 1st quarter to the 2 minute warning in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl.

I wanted to see how they got to that point, not just see the final two minutes.

That's exactly what I thought.

So much build up and then oh, done.

Jenson71 10-29-2008 07:13 PM

What if I was to tell you that I've got a picture that would be bigger than Cleopatra sitting right on my dining room table? Would that be something you might be interested in?

Baby Lee 11-03-2008 05:27 AM

They wanted me for Aquaman II.

Really?

Water? Sequels? Not for me.

ROFL

PhillyChiefFan 11-03-2008 11:43 AM

I was a little let down too.

Though I have to say FINALLY Vince got some balls to call someone out without having E do it. Sucks that he looked like a total jackass afterwards though.

I felt like I missed an episode with Turtle and Jamie and Vince and that model too, I hope they explain where that was going.

DaneMcCloud 11-03-2008 12:44 PM

Yeah, another weird episode.

Jason played himself well.

He's a dick in real life.

PhillyChiefFan 11-03-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5181077)

Kinda seems like a dick. I could see it in real life easily.

Is he an A lister?? I only know of a few movies he is in, is he big in Hwood?

irishjayhawk 11-03-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5181077)

That's the best way to describe it. Weird. Virtually no relevant story or anything but not really fluff in the sense of many other "fluff" episodes. It's more like a dead end episode to let you know that everyone is still alive.

Shag 11-03-2008 05:21 PM

What was up with the "only 3 episodes left" in the previews for next week? Is this a short season? Is the show ending?

kcxiv 11-03-2008 05:24 PM

Its always been 12 episodes per season. Though 1 year it has 20. That was so it could air with the Sopranos final season.

kcxiv 11-03-2008 05:29 PM

I dont mind a few filler episodes. I think this was a set up for something big. What? i dont have a clue.

DaneMcCloud 11-03-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 5181110)
Kinda seems like a dick. I could see it in real life easily.

Is he an A lister?? I only know of a few movies he is in, is he big in Hwood?

No, he's no where near an A-lister.

I met him back in the mid-90's through my wife. He was a relentless dickhead then and when we ran into him a few years back, he was exactly the same.

BWillie 11-03-2008 05:44 PM

I was asking for a Vince downfall but I'd like to see Vince get back on top of his perch, and be labeled a great actor instead of just a pretty boy. Last episode kind of hurt to watch

Shag 11-03-2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 5182569)
Its always been 12 episodes per season. Though 1 year it has 20. That was so it could air with the Sopranos final season.

It's been 8, 14, 20, and 12 the first 4 seasons. I think they roll a 20-sided dice before they start filming or something...

Jenson71 11-03-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 5165475)
What if I was to tell you that I've got a picture that would be bigger than Cleopatra sitting right on my dining room table? Would that be something you might be interested in?

Anyone else just love that guy?

DaneMcCloud 11-03-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 5182621)
Anyone else just love that guy?

Everyone but the real Bob (Evans, that is).

He threatened to sue the producers of Entourage for the uncanny impersonation.

Niblet2008 11-04-2008 11:08 AM

Entourage BLOWS

Tribal Warfare 11-10-2008 09:01 PM

Ari " I'm big fat twat and'll keep it in mind" ROFL