ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

Ultra Peanut 02-22-2007 06:12 PM

Much like Assassin's Creed, everyone knew Mercs 2 wouldn't be a PS3 exclusive. Now it's official:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/766/766680p1.html

Pants 02-22-2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
Much like Assassin's Creed, everyone knew Mercs 2 wouldn't be a PS3 exclusive. Now it's official:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/766/766680p1.html

Woot! Mercs was great fun on the Xbox, Mercs 2 looks to be just amazing. Oh and rofl @ PS3 exclusive.

The Chiefs Dude 02-23-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker
Can I transfer music from my laptop to my 360? If so what do I need to do/buy?

Thanks

Just go here http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/sy...almedia/pc.htm
Use the zune thing.

htismaqe 02-23-2007 08:30 PM

XBox 360 PSA of the Day

For anybody that plays games heavily reliant on the thumbsticks (I'm playing FNR3 right now) the XBox controllers are apparently notorious for the rubber covers on the thumbsticks wearing down and/or tearing altogether.

http://forums.xbox.com/2572498/ShowPost.aspx

I first noticed a slight tear in the cover on the left thumbstick of my wireless controller. Then this morning I discovered that the cover on the right thumbstick of my wired controller was barely attached it was ripped so bad.

I went to GameStop today and bought these:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802320

They're made of silicone and they popped on in less than 30 seconds. Not only do they protect the thumbstick, preventing any further wear, but they have SUPERB grip. No more thumb slipping and accidentally hitting Start or Guide buttons during FNR3!

Archie Bunker 02-24-2007 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chiefs Dude

Thanks

kcxiv 02-24-2007 06:02 PM

i went through about 4 -5 controllerson my xbox. The 360 controller has survived so far. Iknow once All Pro 2k8 comes out, i will wear quite a few controllers down.

JBucc 02-24-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv
i went through about 4 -5 controllerson my xbox. The 360 controller has survived so far. Iknow once All Pro 2k8 comes out, i will wear quite a few controllers down.

Mine's done well other than the left stick has a little lean to the left. It's only really noticeable in sports games where it will run me out of bounds. It's much sturdier than those old pos PS2 controllers. I went through ten of those easy before switching over to a wireless logitech.

Eleazar 02-24-2007 06:37 PM

I noticed that the rubber seemed to be wearing on one of mine so I have been rotating controllers a little bit. Too much NHL 07 I guess.

htismaqe 02-25-2007 06:53 PM

The GelTabz are AWESOME.

They've really made a difference in my FNR3 game, allowing me to play much better.

And they're durable.

Archie Bunker 02-25-2007 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker
Anybody playing Crackdown? I had my copy shipped to me so I haven't got it yet. I mainly bought it for the Halo 3 invite and was hoping the game would be decent as well.

Finally got my copy and so far it is horrible. Maybe it will grow on me but right now it might be the worst game I own.

The Chiefs Dude 02-25-2007 08:13 PM

I hated crackdown. I'm glad I got the invite for playing halo 2 thing.

Ultra Peanut 02-26-2007 01:25 AM

Are you two playing Crackdown, or Custer's Revenge?

Because Crackdown is hot shit.

kcxiv 02-26-2007 01:35 AM

i gotten alot of mixed reviews on Crackdown. Going to have to rent first i think. But MLB2k8 is comming out. so thats a top priority for me

Ultra Peanut 02-26-2007 01:55 AM

The demo on the Marketplace is a good sample of Crackdown. If you enjoy it, you'll enjoy the game (and then some).

The key thing about Crackdown is that it's basically a game that sets out to let you create your own fun. You're the one who decides who you want to kill and how you want to do it. You're the one who decides where to go and whether or not you want to climb to the top of that building, chuck a flammable barrel from the top, and shoot it as it nears the ground.

It doesn't reign you in with a storyline or rules, it just turns you loose in a huge city with all sort of fun things to climb, jump over, run over, and shoot.

Archie Bunker 02-26-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

The demo on the Marketplace is a good sample of Crackdown. If you enjoy it, you'll enjoy the game (and then some).

The key thing about Crackdown is that it's basically a game that sets out to let you create your own fun. You're the one who decides who you want to kill and how you want to do it. You're the one who decides where to go and whether or not you want to climb to the top of that building, chuck a flammable barrel from the top, and shoot it as it nears the ground.

It doesn't reign you in with a storyline or rules, it just turns you loose in a huge city with all sort of fun things to climb, jump over, run over, and shoot.

I'm going to give it another run this week, only played it for a hour. It seemed like it just dropped me in the middle of mayhem with no idea what to do but I guess that is what they were trying to do. I didn't care much for the graphics or for the aiming.

Hopefully after giving it a good solid run I will like it better.

Ultra Peanut 02-27-2007 07:37 AM

The MLB 2k7 demo is pretty nice.

Damnit. Like I need to juggle MORE games.

Redrum_69 02-27-2007 09:17 AM

GUITAR HERO 360

HALO 3

OH ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!

Ultra Peanut 02-27-2007 12:21 PM

:whackit: CLUSTER GRENADES :whackit:

QuikSsurfer 02-28-2007 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
I went to GameStop today and bought these:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802320

They're made of silicone and they popped on in less than 30 seconds. Not only do they protect the thumbstick, preventing any further wear, but they have SUPERB grip. No more thumb slipping and accidentally hitting Start or Guide buttons during FNR3!

bought some today.. HATE them. doesn't feel natural - definitely uncomfortable.

i should have just torn that 5 dollar bill in half.

htismaqe 02-28-2007 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer
bought some today.. HATE them. doesn't feel natural - definitely uncomfortable.

i should have just torn that 5 dollar bill in half.

ROFL

You'd be in the vast minority of the people I've recommended them to. They're made of silicone gel, and you find them "uncomfortable". :hmmm:

QuikSsurfer 02-28-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

ROFL

You'd be in the vast minority of the people I've recommended them to. They're made of silicone gel, and you find them "uncomfortable". :hmmm:

:hmmm:
i bought them based on ur recommendation... and yes they are very uncomfortable. feels like tiny suction cups pulling against ur thumbs.

htismaqe 02-28-2007 12:55 PM

Quote:

:hmmm:
i bought them based on ur recommendation... and yes they are very uncomfortable. feels like tiny suction cups pulling against ur thumbs.

ROFL

I'm just giving you a hard time. I've probably had 20 people buy them based on my recommendation and you're the only one that's complained. Are you sure you put them on correctly? Do your hands sweat excessively? They shouldn't stick to your thumbs at all...

QuikSsurfer 02-28-2007 01:01 PM

Quote:

ROFL

I'm just giving you a hard time. I've probably had 20 people buy them based on my recommendation and you're the only one that's complained. Are you sure you put them on correctly? Do your hands sweat excessively? They shouldn't stick to your thumbs at all...

i'm sure they're on correctly.. my hands sweat but not excessively.
precise FPS aiming is out if you use these.. though i enjoyed nhl2k7 with them.
i'll give em a few more chances

htismaqe 02-28-2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

i'm sure they're on correctly.. my hands sweat but not excessively.
precise FPS aiming is out if you use these.. though i enjoyed nhl2k7 with them.
i'll give em a few more chances

So you're having trouble with FPS? I'll have to download a FPS demo of some kind and try it out. You may be right.

I do know that they've made FNR3 INFINITELY easier.

QuikSsurfer 02-28-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

So you're having trouble with FPS? I'll have to download a FPS demo of some kind and try it out. You may be right.

I do know that they've made FNR3 INFINITELY easier.

right, only with FPSs. COD3 and GOW were both a disaster. Need for speed carbon and other sports games seemed okay and may even give a little edge.

Archie Bunker 02-28-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Ok you were right Crackdown is badass. Played tonight for about 3 hrs and I'm hooked.

kcxiv 03-01-2007 02:31 AM

downloaded the Demo, that shit was pretty fun. it is GTA on Meth.

The Chiefs Dude 03-01-2007 08:06 AM

Anybody played the GRAW 2 MP demo? That is some fun shit. This might have to be a buy when it comes out next week.

ChiefFripp 03-01-2007 04:58 PM

Battlefield : Bad Company

This isn't actual gameplay footage but it's a movie that's used with ingame graphics(not cutscenes)

Go to Teaser HD.

Sam Hall 03-01-2007 08:03 PM

I swear people mess with your shot when you play online with Tiger Woods 2007. All my shots come up short. Things happen online that don't happen offline. The guy I was playing tonight hit his ball into the rough, but somehow the ball moved onto the fairway after it had stopped in the rough.

keg in kc 03-01-2007 08:14 PM

I got Jade Empire: Special Edition for my pc last night, and on my bonus disk they had trailers for Bioshock (which I'd already seen) and Mass Effect, a sci-fi RPG for the 360 that Bioware is putting together.

After watching the Mass Effect trailer, I'm thinking I'll be getting a 360 sometime this year. It looks amazing.

Pants 03-02-2007 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
After watching the Mass Effect trailer, I'm thinking I'll be getting a 360 sometime this year. It looks amazing.

Welcome to last year. :rolleyes:

keg in kc 03-02-2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
Welcome to last year. :rolleyes:

That comment might make sense if Mass Effect was actually out yet.

'course, I guess it is like last year. You're still a useless douche.

Ultra Peanut 03-07-2007 11:14 AM

Mercs. 2. Gameplay. Footage.

Pants 03-07-2007 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
That comment might make sense if Mass Effect was actually out yet.

'course, I guess it is like last year. You're still a useless douche.

Jeez, man, I was being facetious.

icepick64 03-07-2007 12:13 PM

Worms is out today, and I believe GRAW 2 is. Anyone pick up GRAW 2 and have a quick review?

QuikSsurfer 03-07-2007 01:49 PM

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/770/770555p1.html
GDC 2007: TMNT Officially Head to XBLA
Cowabunga! Ubisoft gives the thumbs up. First details, screens and more.
by Douglass C. Perry
March 6, 2007 - Ubisoft today gave credence to the recent rumor that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would arrive on Microsoft's Xbox Live Arcade by officially telling IGN it's all true. The classic, 1989 side-scrolling arcade game is coming, unfettered, to XBLA this month.

In development with Digital Eclipse (of Foundation 9 Entertainment), and originally published by Konami in the arcade, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will arrive on XBLA via Ubisoft featuring the original seven levels, all of which are playable in two- to four-player co-op modes on Xbox Live. This version also supports offline local play for up to four players.

The old-school tortugas, Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo, are back!

Starring Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo in all their 2D sprite-based glory, this coin-op port will support voice-chat capabilities, offer 200 points worth of Achievements and, best of all, will only costs 400 Microsoft Points (US$5).

"The release of the TMNT classic arcade game on Xbox LIVE Arcade is Ubisoft's homage to a world-renowned franchise that for almost 20 years has captured the hearts of gamers," said James Regan, director of new business development at Ubisoft. "Ubisoft is breathing new life into the video game franchise with the launch of our downloadable console games while remaining true to the unique core values that make the Turtles so timeless."

shrek6849 03-07-2007 02:00 PM

Anybody download Worms yet on XBLA? I used to play that all the time.

ZootedGranny 03-07-2007 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icepick64
Worms is out today, and I believe GRAW 2 is. Anyone pick up GRAW 2 and have a quick review?

I just picked it up, I'll have some impressions later.

But from what I've read, it's GRAW 1, but everything is improved.

icepick64 03-07-2007 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrek6849
Anybody download Worms yet on XBLA? I used to play that all the time.

I downloaded worms, its just like you remembered it, but there is only like 4 backgrounds, and some of the weapons aren't there like the holy hand grenade and napalm. It is still worth 800 points, its an awesome game to play with your buddies or on xbox live.

Some where I read that Castlevania:SOTN will be out next week, can't confirm it but damn that would be sweet.

ZootedGranny 03-11-2007 04:22 AM

Shit, I forgot to post my GRAW 2 impressions.

Single player: short, extremely easy (even on the highest difficulty), but fun. The new cross com functionality allows you flexibility in how you play the game, even letting you play it as a semi-RTS. The enemy AI still leaves a lot to be desired, but your squadmates do a much better job taking cover and setting up clean shots this time around.

Multiplayer: basically the same as the first GRAW, but expanded. More co-op missions, bigger levels, more modes, etc.

And I must say...graphically, you can tell the extra year or so of time with the 360 hardware has paid off. The first game still looks good today, but they've done some really impressive stuff that adds to the immersion in GRAW 2. Smoke no longer clips through objects, but wraps around them more realistically...different object transparencies that really improve the lighting effects...very impressive explosions...so on and so forth.

I played the hell out of the first GRAW, put it down for Rainbow Six: Vegas, and now I've put down R6:V for GRAW 2. Time will tell which of those two is better, but if you enjoy tactical shooters, it's definitely worth a look.

Ultra Peanut 03-14-2007 06:12 PM

COWABUNGA

icepick64 03-14-2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

COWABUNGA

hell yeh, old school

Ceej 03-14-2007 09:01 PM

Man, that new TMNT Arcade game is pretty cake with 4 people playing...

Also, what gives with the unlimited continues when you play single player?

007 03-14-2007 09:40 PM

Rumor:

XBOX 360 is supposedly going to see the premium unit drop to $299 around June 2007 and the core will be dumped. Also, the new unit will be black. Supposedly.

QuikSsurfer 03-14-2007 10:41 PM

i keep trying to host a match on TMNT but no one joins... something has to be wrong. i'm on a cable connection.

very laggy online

icepick64 03-19-2007 09:50 AM

CASTLEVANIA: SOTN this wednesday!!

link

ZootedGranny 04-01-2007 02:25 PM

Any of you nerds buying Guitar Hero II? I picked up a copy from Circuit City yesterday and have been rocking since.

KCFalcon59 04-01-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru
Rumor:

XBOX 360 is supposedly going to see the premium unit drop to $299 around June 2007 and the core will be dumped. Also, the new unit will be black. Supposedly.

Here is the story

It says it's going to be $479 though.

kcxiv 04-01-2007 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny
Any of you nerds buying Guitar Hero II? I picked up a copy from Circuit City yesterday and have been rocking since.

isnt it like 100 bucks with guitar? thats a bit steep for me right now. I want it though. My nephew has it on the ps2, and its great fun.

ZootedGranny 04-01-2007 05:32 PM

Yeah, it's $90.

If you buy it from Circuit City, it comes with a 1600 point card, perfect for the DLC that's coming out soon.

DrNick 04-03-2007 09:51 AM

Quote:

Yeah, it's $90.

If you buy it from Circuit City, it comes with a 1600 point card, perfect for the DLC that's coming out soon.

I've also heard that there is a coupon you can ask for at customer service that will give you $15 off of a $100 purchase. Throw in a CD, and you get everything for $85 plus tax...

KcMizzou 04-03-2007 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icepick64
CASTLEVANIA: SOTN this wednesday!!

link

That was a great game.

Eleazar 04-04-2007 11:47 AM

I'm on the verge of finishing Splinter Cell: Double Agent (got distracted by NHL and MLB for a while), and I've really enjoyed this game. I think SC is probably my favorite game series ever.

I love the choice aspect of Double Agent, and I hope it's even more prominent in the next incarnation.

I tended to play the game with my own ethic, really. In some missions, it would make things a lot easier to kill someone but I tried to only knock out people like security guards who didn't really deserve to have their neck snapped or be shot in the head. But, in terms of your normal terrorist aholes, I would go ahead and kill them.

There were also times where I was trying to sneak past someone innocent and they saw me, or something unexpected happened and I ended up having to kill people who didn't really deserve it, and I felt a little bad for it.

It plays on interesting themes. Sometimes you have to choose whether to sacrifice individuals for the overall objective. Sometimes things happen in a way that you aren't really afforded time to choose. I hope they develop the theme more in the next game, can't wait for it.

I think I'm going to play through it again, see if I can finish with 100% stealth.

icepick64 04-04-2007 12:20 PM

I never got into the SC: double agent, something about it didn't appeal to me although I loved the other games.

I just picked up oblivion for the second time for the expansion, hope its good rochambeau

GoTrav 04-04-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Grabbed it yesterday. I was amazed how quick I'm picking it up...granted I'm still playing it on Easy but I'm doing a lot better than I anticipated. I even got the wife somewhat interested in the game even though she thought I was a tard when I initially broke out the guitar and got ready to play :)

htismaqe 04-04-2007 01:30 PM

Anybody that actually plays the real guitar play Guitar Hero?

I checked out the demo the other day at the game store and it feels really foreign to me...

GoTrav 04-04-2007 01:39 PM

Quote:

Anybody that actually plays the real guitar play Guitar Hero?

I checked out the demo the other day at the game store and it feels really foreign to me...

Never played guitar. I had a hell of a time with the demos at the stores, but once I got it home I was able to improve quite a bit over my first attempt at it.

Redrum_69 04-04-2007 03:05 PM

http://www.ahjteam.com/gh3vote/

icepick64 04-17-2007 07:59 AM

Too Human preview is up, this game is like a diablo/god of war hybrid. Check out the videos

Fire Me Boy! 04-17-2007 08:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm on xbox 360 now... txd60060, if you want to add me to the list in the header.

QuikSsurfer 04-17-2007 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!
I'm on xbox 360 now... txd60060, if you want to add me to the list in the header.

you got gears of war?

Fire Me Boy! 04-17-2007 10:22 AM

Quote:

you got gears of war?

No, but I know where my cat is, does that count?

:p

Fire Me Boy! 04-17-2007 10:23 AM

I don't even know what that game is... care to explain?

Eleazar 04-17-2007 11:15 AM

Severely disappointed in Crackdown.

The game is repetitive and extremely simple with no replay value. It's not as deep as what it wants to be, GTA, has very little in the way of side content, and once you finish off the three gangs (only took me a couple of days) there doesn't seem to be anything else to do.

There's really no variety in how you do things either. It's just you mowing down or blowing up wave after wave of unintelligent badguys.

I owned the game for less than a week. It's on ebay now. Don't waste your money.

Kclee 04-17-2007 11:24 AM

Quote:

you got gears of war?

Rusty: Hey, ya' got Pac Man?
Cousin Dale: No.
Rusty: Ya' got Space Invaders?
Cousin Dale: Nope.
Rusty: Ya' got Asteroids?
Cousin Dale: Naw, but my dad does. Can't even sit on the toilet some days.

Kclee 04-17-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!
I don't even know what that game is... care to explain?

Gears won game of the year. It's a great game, I've got back on the Call of Duty 3 wagon though. I'd recomend either of these two games. You can read up on them at gamespot.com or any other gaming site.

Fire Me Boy! 04-17-2007 11:33 AM

Having read a little about the game, I'm not interested. The shooters don't interest me at all.

Ultra Peanut 04-22-2007 06:59 AM

http://imgred.com/tn/http://i162.pho...411/horde2.jpg

Read this:

http://www.left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-preview-pg1.php

Watch this:

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/10873

Ultra Peanut 05-10-2007 03:13 AM

The Forza 2 Demo has arrived, and rumors have either a Mercs 2 or Shadowrun demo coming tomorrow morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major Nelson
Name: Forza Motorsport 2 Demo
Price: Free
Availability: Available to Gold members in all Xbox Live regions.
Dash Details: Download the demo to Forza Motorsport 2, the sequel to Microsoft Game Studios' award-winning, fully-customizable driving simulator Forza Motorsport. Buckle up for authentic simulation physics, bone-jarring damage, and photo-realistic graphics, as well as licensed tuning and customization options.Loaded with over 300 of the world’s hottest cars for you to collect, personalize, and race, Forza Motorsport 2 gives you the complete racing experience.
Size: 691 MB (approx.)

ZootedGranny 05-10-2007 09:04 AM

I was part of the Shadowrun beta before my 360 bit the dust.

I had mixed feelings about it. You start off going through an absolutely incredible training mode. So you go into the game thinking you have a grasp on what you need to do, but the moment you enter a real game you still feel overwhelmed. There's quite a learning curve, and if you don't force yourself to learn how to really play the game, it can be frustrating. The problem I had was that once everything became second nature to me, I didn't find myself having an incredible experience. Despite the flying, the teleporting, healing trees, etc it felt like most other FPS.

It's a pretty good game, that'd I definitely buy for $40, but I'm going to pass if they charge $60 for it.

jeffery 05-12-2007 05:30 PM

Rainbow 6 Vegas...Greatest Game Ever

kcxiv 05-12-2007 05:58 PM

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/...0035257583.jpg

Check out that picture of a game coming out called Mass Effect. Thats just crazy.

Fire Me Boy! 05-12-2007 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffery
Rainbow 6 Vegas...Greatest Game Ever

You've been here for 8 months and this is 1/3 of your posts?

Bowser 05-13-2007 05:38 PM

Son. Of. A. Bitch.

I go nearly a month without playing the 360. I sit down and throw in Perfect Dark, just to waste some time. I get twenty minutes into it, and then the four red lights come on. You have got to be fucking kidding me.

ZootedGranny 05-13-2007 06:49 PM

If it is four red lights and not three, check your video cable.

Reaper16 05-13-2007 07:41 PM

I got the 3 red lights the other day. :(
I tried the towel trick, and it worked for like 4 hours. *sigh*

My solution? I bought a new 360 from Wal-Mart, put my old one in the new one's box and returned the old, busted one w/ receipt for my money back. The ol' bait and switch.

Bowser 05-13-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

If it is four red lights and not three, check your video cable.

My bad. It was three red lights.

Options? Or am I SOL?

htismaqe 05-14-2007 08:17 AM

The most common error producing 3 red lights is power supply.

Make sure the power brick is up off the carpet and well-ventilated. There's an LED on the brick itself that should be green if it's in proper condition.

ZootedGranny 05-15-2007 05:28 PM

I changed my gamertag:

http://card.mygamercard.net/gel/WorthingtonsLaw.png

I'll definitely be in some Halo 3 Beta games tomorrow night if anyone wants to play. I also play GRAW 2 a bit, and I'm usually on any number of XBLA arcade games.