ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Baby kidnapped from home in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250979)

Epic Fail 007 10-12-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 7989801)
Really going out on a limb here are we?

f off both of u ,no reason to smartass bitches

Epic Fail 007 10-12-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 7989810)
Are you a parent? Dads don't sell their little girls

ok dude im just sayin

Stewie 10-12-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric007 (Post 7989812)

Wait! There are TWO kstaters? Holy shit!

kstater 10-12-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric007 (Post 7989812)

I ****ed your wife last night. Pretty tight if I may say. She kept screaming something about finally being able to feel something.

Epic Fail 007 10-12-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric007 (Post 7989814)
ok dude im just sayin

not sayin it happened but i would not be shocked that it did the parents r not right in the head,u see it in their eyes

Epic Fail 007 10-12-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 7989816)
I ****ed your wife last night. Pretty tight if I may say. She kept screaming something about finally being able to feel something.

way to act 12,grow up

Stewie 10-12-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric007 (Post 7989818)
not sayin it happened but i would not be shocked that it did the parents r not right in the head,u see it in their eyes

You're right, but what you posted is nothing new. The parents are the prime suspects as far as anyone can tell.

blaise 10-12-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric007 (Post 7989818)

Were you in a hurry when you typed that, or do you plan to write like a 13 year old all the time? Just curious.

Shogun 10-12-2011 07:05 PM

Paper plate... box of wine....

paper plates and a box of wine

they ate the baby

Dr. Gigglepants 10-12-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 7990246)

they ate the baby

mikeyis4dcats. 10-12-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

they ate the baby

the parents are DINGOS?!?

Hydrae 10-12-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

they ate the baby

The baby was not named Raoul.

Shogun 10-12-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 7990539)
The baby was not named Raoul.

are you certain?

Deberg_1990 10-13-2011 07:17 AM

Star Columnist slamming on "Wild Bill" Whitlock style...

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/12...-sideshow.html

Cue the music and send in the clowns.

Oh, wait. Never mind. Curtain’s already up. The circus has begun.

The disappearance of Baby Lisa Irwin is strange. But with the appearance of “Wild Bill” Stanton, the case officially enters the land of bizarre.

Stanton is a self-promoter, plain and simple. He had three or four years as a New York City police officer back in the late ’80s before a hand injury sent him into early, early retirement.

So Wild Bill was born. He became a private detective, a bouncer, a bodyguard eager to hobnob with celebrities like Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis. Maybe he was hoping a little bit of Hollywood glamour would rub off, giving the impression that he was the real deal, one who’d done all those cops-and-robber stunts.

Bully for entrepreneurial savvy. For a man with so little time on the force, he’s made quite a living since then preaching about the ways of police. Stanton dug a niche as one of the talking head “experts” that news shows let blather to fill air time. He also linked with high-profile attorneys. A 2001 magazine said Stanton’s private eye business grossed “seven figures.”

And apparently he persuaded the Irwin family to let him assist in the hunt for Baby Lisa. No word on who pays his tab. NBC?

Stanton declined to speak at length Wednesday with a Kansas City Star reporter.

None of it matters. He’s not a police officer. He has no legal authority. He’s not even a licensed private detective in Missouri. He will have no access to police findings.

The family could be accused of gullibility. But no one receives a handbook when they become a parent. And notes certainly aren’t readily available on how best to handle matters in the worst scenario — your baby is missing.

One would hope that common sense and maturity would prevail. That hasn’t always been the case so far. Wild Bill is simply the latest in a series of twists.

Aspects of the investigation — the missing cellphones, the mother’s reported flunked polygraph, word that a neighbor might have been swabbed for DNA, the temporary impasse between the parents and police — have dribbled out from family and others close to them.

Local media have struggled to get access to what often are routine interviews in such a dire situation. In abduction cases, it is imperative that word gets out locally, where the most likely tips will be derived.

Still, it is possible that this semi-celebrity private eye will coax someone to come forward with information. Maybe they’ll want the photo op.

But until another sideshow arrives (psychics?) the right people remain on the job.

Baby Lisa has Kansas City police, trained and legally qualified, diligently working for her best interest.

ReynardMuldrake 10-13-2011 07:23 AM

They "interviewed" Wild Bill on 96.5 this morning. He agreed beforehand but when they called him he said he was too busy for it. He sounded like a flake.

Al Bundy 10-13-2011 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7991219)
Star Columnist slamming on "Wild Bill" Whitlock style...

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/12...-sideshow.html
Baby Lisa has Kansas City police, trained and legally qualified, diligently working for her best interest.

I lol'ed at this.

bevischief 10-13-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric007 (Post 7989793)
was not kidnapped the parents did something to her,just using this to cover it up,just watch

Well no shit.

Fairplay 10-15-2011 11:12 AM

I think i will drive down that neighborhood today just to see all the hub-bub going on.

Maybe i can get Wild Bill's autograph. I will be back with a full report.

Stewie 10-15-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 7996337)
I think i will drive down that neighborhood today just to see all the hub-bub going on.

Maybe i can get Wild Bill's autograph. I will be back with a full report.

Maybe you'll find baby Lisa and get $100K!

Fairplay 10-15-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7996338)
Maybe you'll find baby Lisa and get $100K!

That thought crossed my mind. I always thought it i came into some money i would rather get it by some act of fate like catching a wanted person, or rescuing someone or something like that in which i get a reward offered to me.

Fairplay 10-15-2011 06:54 PM

Drove down the street that the poor baby was missing from today. Police driving up and down the street. Two news crews were just across the street almost. Camped out. A group of people, neighbors or something were close to them talking.
There were two garage sales on both on the street about 6 houses down.
One chatted cautiously about it. Probably wondering who i was. I purchased something and politely drove back towards the house again. Signs and all in front of it. Then a lady walked up to my car and handed me a sheet of paper abour baby Lisa, and told me there was a prayer gathering at 6 this evening and were going to release some balloons. Talking with her she told me she helped in the baby Doe case a few years back. Some baby got decapitated she said.
I think she felt like she needed to attached to this incident also, which is cool. We all have a calling in life i think.

I took a few pics then drove off. People look at you kind of funny when something like this is going down. Look at everyone as a suspect i suppose.

Didn't see my main man Wild Bill Stanton, or the mom and dad for that matter.

BigMeatballDave 10-15-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric007 (Post 7989793)
was not kidnapped the parents did something to her,just using this to cover it up,just watch

Holy shit, dude! You just busted this case wide open...

Bowser 10-15-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 7997265)
Holy shit, dude! You just busted this case wide open...

Here's footage of eric007 racing to the scene....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wND357avYJk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fairplay 10-15-2011 08:08 PM

Breaking news, link as follows.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...police-custody

BREAKING NEWS
"Jersey" arrested, diapers found at home
"Jersey," man sought for questioning in Lisa Irwin case, in police custody

Posted: 7:02 PM
Last Updated: 7 minutes ago

By: Kevin Mitchell

Police have found soiled diapers at and abandoned home about four blocks away from Lisa Irwin's home, and have set up crime scene tape around the home.

Meanwhile a "handyman" nicknamed "Jersey" from Lisa Irwin's neighborhood, who police sought for questioning earlier this week, is in police custody according to Kansas City, Mo. Public Information Officer Capt. Steve Young.

He was arrested on an unrelated outstanding warrant.

Police have not charged the man with a crime, but do say that they are questioning him about Lisa Irwin's disappearance.

While police currently questioning "Jersey," police searched a house near the 3900 Block of Chouteau Trafficway and Russell. Inside of the abandoned house, they found men's clothing, food, a backpack and freshly soiled baby diapers. Diapers were also found around 300 yards away from the home, which is about four block away from Irwin's home.

The diapers in the home were described as "very fresh."

Police could be seen putting crime scene tape at the abandoned home where the diapers were found.

Young said that the questioning of "Jersey" is in line with normal police procedures involved in the Lisa Irwin case. Young said that they are doing their due diligence by interviewing every person they can who frequents or lives in Irwin's neighborhood.

Jersey was sought on Oct. 10 after police brought a picture of him to the door of a neighbor of Irwin's and asked him if he had seen him.

The neighbor told police that he had seen the man, who he described as in his 20s, riding a bike and carrying a backpack.

The neighbor, who has lived in the neighborhood for 40 years and says he knows all of its residents, said he is sure the man does not live close by and was suspicious of the man even before Lisa disappeared.

Fresh diapers hopefully means the little girl is very much alive.

This case might come to an end very soon if this creep is indeed the one who kidnapped her.

Find the cell phones also. :)

Titty Meat 10-15-2011 08:10 PM

Watch it be Matt Cassel's after staring down the blitz in a game of Madden.

BigMeatballDave 10-15-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 7997380)
Watch it be Matt Cassel's after staring down the blitz in a game of Madden.

:LOL:
billay is drinking

Deberg_1990 10-17-2011 07:10 AM

uh oh....Mommy tells today show she had been drinking and might have been drunk the night the baby disappeared......Why dont they have a lawyer yet so they dont keep saying stupid sh*t?

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/17...w-she-was.html

phisherman 10-17-2011 07:18 AM

she also changed her story about the last time she saw the baby. now she said the last time she saw her was around 6:30 PM.

Stewie 10-17-2011 07:30 AM

She was drunk and changed her story again and she wonders why the police are focused on her? Who was watching the baby all the time she was drinking down that box of wine?

ForeverChiefs58 10-17-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 8001084)
She was drunk and changed her story again and she wonders why the police are focused on her? Who was watching the baby all the time she was drinking down that box of wine?

I wondered the same thing when they showed the video of the mom with some guy buying wine. Who is watching the baby?

Dartgod 10-17-2011 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 8001088)
I wondered the same thing when they showed the video of the mom with some guy buying wine. Who is watching the baby?

Probably the person who took it because they thought the child was endangered?

blaise 10-17-2011 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8001100)
Probably the person who took it because they thought the child was endangered?

Like Gone Baby Gone.

evenfall 10-17-2011 08:23 AM

If I am not mistaken, mom has 3 kids, one from Lisa's dad and two from previous relationships.

She was seen with another man, buying this wine. Could she be cheating on her husband, and was drunk, and wanted out of this relationship and saw Lisa as what was keeping her stuck in it?

KCUnited 10-17-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenfall (Post 8001154)
If I am not mistaken, mom has 3 kids, one from Lisa's dad and two from previous relationships.

She was seen with another man, buying this wine. Could she be cheating on her husband, and was drunk, and wanted out of this relationship and saw Lisa as what was keeping her stuck in it?

Or she got drunk, shook the baby to death, and disposed of it.

Pants 10-17-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenfall (Post 8001154)

Mothers do not kill their children to get out of relationships, lol.

evenfall 10-17-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 8001164)
Or she got drunk, shook the baby to death, and disposed of it.

Could be, the baby was sick with a cold or something, right? Maybe she wouldn't stop crying?

Hope you are right Pants, but it doesn't look good for the mother here at all.

Pants 10-17-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenfall (Post 8001174)
Could be, the baby was sick with a cold or something, right? Maybe she wouldn't stop crying?

Hope you are right Pants, but it doesn't look good for the mother here at all.

Because she got drunk and some hobo broke into her home and stole her child?

Sofa King 10-17-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8001165)

Clearly you've never been to America.

Demonpenz 10-17-2011 08:40 AM

Quote:

I used to work at Family Planning and that's the leading cause of abortion actually, second to only "travis henry didn't pull out"

evenfall 10-17-2011 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8001177)
Because she got drunk and some hobo broke into her home and stole her child?

I don't really believe anyone stole the child. There doesn't seem to be anything to suggest that

Pants 10-17-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 8001183)
I used to work at Family Planning and that's the leading cause of abortion actually, second to only "travis henry didn't pull out"

Good point, but I wasn't talking about abortions.

luv 10-17-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8001189)
Good point, but I wasn't talking about abortions.

Abortion after the fact?

Pants 10-17-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8001194)
Abortion after the fact?

Are you saying the baby wasn't viable? Because that's how abortion is defined. The embryo/fetus has to be removed before it's viable.

/not trying to make this an abortion debate

luv 10-17-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8001196)
Are you saying the baby wasn't viable? Because that's how abortion is defined. The embryo/fetus has to be removed before it's viable.

/not trying to make this an abortion debate

Generally speaking, there are people who believe that it's a baby once it's conceived.

Anyway, I was just attempting to make a joke. I didn't know you would take it so literally.

evenfall 10-17-2011 08:49 AM

Now this thread has AIDS

otherstar 10-17-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Two words: Andrea Yates....sad, but true.

ForeverChiefs58 10-17-2011 08:56 AM

Mother tells 'Today' show she was drunk the night baby Lisa disappeared

In an interview with NBC's Peter Alexander on the "Today" show this morning, the mother of missing 11-month-old Lisa Irwin admitted she was drinking the evening the baby disappeared.

When asked if she had been drinking that night, Deborah Bradley said yes, "enough to be drunk."

Bradley, who was interviewed alongside Lisa's father, Jeremy Irwin, said she thinks she could be arrested because she was the last person to be with Lisa before the disappearance.

"The main fear with that is," she told Alexander, "if they arrest me, people are going to stop looking for her. And then I'll never see her again. And I'll never know what happened."

When asked if there was any way she could have done something to hurt Lisa, she said, "No. No. No. And if I thought there was a chance, I'd say it. ... I don't think that alcohol changes a person enough to do something like that."

Bradley also briefly spoke about the polygraph test that police told her she failed. "They said that I failed when they asked me where she was," Bradley said.

11-month-old Lisa has been the object of intense investigation and search since she disappeared Oct. 4.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/17...#ixzz1b3EG181s

Here is another one with a little more info:

KC mom admits she was drunk when her baby vanished

The mother of a baby who she says was taken from her Kansas City home in the dead of night admitted Monday that she was drunk when the girl disappeared but maintained she did nothing to harm her child.

In a tearful interview on NBC's "Today" show, Deborah Bradley said she believes she will be arrested in the disappearance of Lisa Irwin, who was 10 months old when she was reported missing in the early hours of Oct. 4.

Bradley said she had bought boxed wine and consumed "enough to be drunk" that night, but denied she did anything to hurt Lisa.

"No, no... I don't think alcohol changes a person enough to do something like that," she said.

The mother also changed a key point in her story: She initially told authorities she last checked on Lisa at 10:30 p.m., but she told NBC she actually last saw Lisa when she put her to bed at 6:40 p.m. She gave no explanation for the modified times.

On Sunday, military police from the Missouri National Guard joined FBI agents and officers from several police and sheriff's departments from nearby communities in the search for Lisa in a large wooded area near the family's home.

Bradley and Lisa's father, Jeremy Irwin, have told authorities that he arrived home from a night shift to discover the front door unlocked, the house lights blazing, a window tampered with and the baby gone. Bradley and their two sons were asleep elsewhere in the home.

Authorities have already searched the family's neighborhood, nearby wooded areas, a landfill and abandoned homes. Police have said they have no suspects or major leads.

Bradley said police accused her of killing Lisa and that she believes she will be arrested.

"I was the last one with her," she said. "That's kind of a fear that I have."

She said is scared that her arrest would precipitate an end to the search for her missing baby.

"If they arrest me, people are going to stop looking for her and I'll never know what happened," Bradley said.

She also said her two sons, aged 6 and 8, say they heard noises the night Lisa disappeared, although she doesn't know if they heard noises before they went to sleep or later in the night and she doesn't want them to be involved in the investigation.

"I have not sat down and talked to them about it, specifically to not have to put them through anything else," she said.

On Friday, a $100,000 reward was offered by an anonymous donor for the child's safe return or information leading to a conviction of anyone involved in her disappearance.

ForeverChiefs58 10-17-2011 09:03 AM

That little part that she said she thinks her two boys might know or have more info on noises to compare timelines with...but...she doesn't want to get them involved? WTF?

jspchief 10-17-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenfall (Post 8001185)
I don't really believe anyone stole the child. There doesn't seem to be anything to suggest that

The vagrant with the dirty diapers seems to at least hint at it.

Dartgod 10-17-2011 09:11 AM

This certainly explains all the lights being on. My guess is she got drunk enough to pass out, leaving all the lights on and whoever she was drinking with took the baby and walked out the front door.

The tampered with window is just something they did to cover up her tracks.

jspchief 10-17-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8001246)
This certainly explains all the lights being on. My guess is she got drunk enough to pass out, leaving all the lights on and whoever she was drinking with took the baby and walked out the front door.

That's about how its playing out in my head. Maybe she knows who took him. Maybe she was directly involved with the abduction.

At this point I'm holding onto hope that the vagrant has her and she's alive.

Coogs 10-17-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenfall (Post 8001185)

I don't think the police think that either. Every search they do indicates they are looking for a body instead of looking for a live child. And it seems highly unlikely if someone would have taken the baby that they would have just taken it to have killed it and left it out in the woods or wherever... the places police have been searching.

The only other scenario that I have never heard discussed is if the baby could walk, and might have wondered off. Our kids could walk at 9 months old, but it has never been mentioned that she could walk. Therfore I am assuming that she could not walk yet, and that this is not a possibility.

Pants 10-17-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8001257)
At this point I'm holding onto hope that the vagrant has her and she's alive.

If the fresh diapies are hers, at least we'll know that she's still alive (or was not very long ago).

Coogs 10-17-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8001246)

Now there is one I had not thought of yet. Didn't realize she might not have been drinking alone. I thought I saw one of the TV news shows that the guy in the store with her was identified as her brother.

Pants 10-17-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8001263)
I don't think the police think that either. Every search they do indicates they are looking for a body instead of looking for a live child. And it seems highly unlikely if someone would have taken the baby that they would have just taken it to have killed it and left it out in the woods or wherever... the places police have been searching.

I don't think that means anything. It's probably done every time to make sure all bases are covered.

Coogs 10-17-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8001274)
I don't think that means anything. It's probably done every time to make sure all bases are covered.

Maybe not, but it does seem as if all the searches are looking for a dead body.

Pants 10-17-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8001278)
Maybe not, but it does seem as if all the searches are looking for a dead body.

Well, yeah... That's all they can do until they get some sort of clues of where else to look for the baby. Like I said, covering their bases.

luv 10-17-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8001263)

The only other scenario that I have never heard discussed is if the baby could walk, and might have wondered off. Our kids could walk at 9 months old, but it has never been mentioned that she could walk. Therfore I am assuming that she could not walk yet, and that this is not a possibility.

The only problem I could see is, even if she could walk, can babies that young open doors?

Chiefnj2 10-17-2011 09:25 AM

"Police have found soiled diapers at and abandoned home about four blocks away from Lisa Irwin's home, and have set up crime scene tape around the home."

You don't search an abandoned home located 4 blocks away on the day of the disappearance?

Dartgod 10-17-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8001274)

In the early period, yes.

But some of the recent searches indicate to me that they have reason to believe that they will find something in a specific area.

Coogs 10-17-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8001282)
The only problem I could see is, even if she could walk, can babies that young open doors?

Yeah, I know. Maybe if the door was left partially open since it was unlocked would be about the only scenario.

The Franchise 10-17-2011 09:31 AM

Well....at the very least....she's going to get charged with child neglect.

Fairplay 10-17-2011 10:01 AM

The family has announced a news conference at 2:30 PM today.

Speculation is that they have hired an attorney and all questions will go through him.

They should have done that at the beginning IMO.

luv 10-17-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 8001345)
The family has announced a news conference at 2:30 PM today.

Speculation is that they have hired an attorney and all questions will go through him.

They should have done that at the beginning IMO.

Agreed. I don't think they thought either of them would be suspected, though. Everyone should know the CYA rule.

Fairplay 10-17-2011 10:06 AM

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...ews-conference

This shows the mother put the baby to bed at 6:30 PM that night.
Whats going on around here?

Lisa Irwin family to hold 2:30 p.m. news conference

Cops conduct new search for Lisa Irwin
Lisa's mom talks about investigation

By: NBC Action News Staff By: NBC Action News Staff

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A Monday-afternoon news conference is planned by the family of Lisa Irwin to provide an update into the investigation into the disappearance of the now-11-month-old girl.

Lisa, who will turn 1 year old on Nov. 11, has not been seen since Monday, Oct. 3. Her parents initially said her mother, Deborah Bradley, put her to bed around 10:30 p.m., but NBC News reported Monday they are now saying she put Lisa to bed closer to 6:30 p.m.

Bill Stanton, a private investigator who says he has come to Kansas City as a consultant to the family, says he will be at the news conference, scheduled for 2:30 p.m. outside a family home near Lisa’s house on North Lister Avenue in Kansas City’s Northland. It’s not clear what family members will be at the news conference,

NBC’s Peter Alexander reported the family was expected to announce they had hired an attorney, though it wasn’t clear if that was going to be announced Monday afternoon.

Police say they have no suspects in Lisa's disappearance and they continue to follow every lead they receive.

Dartgod 10-17-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 8001353)
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...ews-conference

This shows the mother put the baby to bed at 6:30 PM that night.
Whats going on around here?

She had to get her drank on.

Coogs 10-17-2011 11:10 AM

KC Star version...

Family of missing baby Lisa Irwin to provide updates this afternoon

By GLENN E. RICE

The Kansas City Star

The family of missing 11-month-old Lisa Irwin is scheduled to appear at 2:30 p.m. today to provide updates on the child’s disappearance.

Bill Stanton, a former New York police officer who is working with the child’s family as a security consultant, declined to provide details on what would be discussed.

The search for Lisa is entering its second week and police reported no new developments.

A team of police investigators and dogs today is searching an area along a creek close to the Chouteau Elementary School at 37th Street and North Jackson Avenue, said Capt. Steve Young. Authorities used earth-moving equipment to divert the creek.

Meanwhile, the baby’s mother made two more appearances this morning on network morning shows.

In an interview with Peter Alexander on NBC’s “Today” show, Deborah Bradley admitted she was drinking the evening the baby disappeared.

When asked whether she had been drinking that night, Bradley said yes, “enough to be drunk.”

Bradley, who was interviewed alongside Lisa’s father, Jeremy Irwin, said she thought she could be arrested because she was the last person to be with Lisa before the disappearance.

“The main fear with that,” she told Alexander, “is if they arrest me, people are going to stop looking for her. And then I’ll never see her again. And I’ll never know what happened.”

Bradley also said that she last saw Lisa around 6:40 p.m. when she put the baby to bed. Police have said that Bradley told them she put Lisa to bed at 10:30 p.m. When asked whether there was any way she could have done something to hurt Lisa, she said, “No. No. No. And if I thought there was a chance, I’d say it. ... I don’t think that alcohol changes a person enough to do something like that.”

Bradley also briefly spoke about the polygraph test that police told her she failed. “They said that I failed when they asked me where she was,” Bradley said.

In an appearance on “Good Morning America,” Bradley said that while being questioned by police, investigators showed her burned clothes and a “Doppler thing with pings” from her cell phone.

“I hope the burned clothes weren’t real,” she said on the news program.

The 11-month-old has been the object of intense investigation and search since she disappeared Oct. 4.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/17...#ixzz1b3m5TDbZ

4th and Long 10-17-2011 11:21 AM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZADnydlzuj...Ricky_7776.jpg

Lucy, ju got sum splainin' to do!

ToxSocks 10-17-2011 11:32 AM

After all this time and keeping up in this thread, I have yet to hear ANYTHING from my local new affiliates.

Not One Peep.

4th and Long 10-17-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8001544)
After all this time and keeping up in this thread, I have yet to hear ANYTHING from my local new affiliates.

Not One Peep.

It seems the Sandy Eggo news have these powerful stories to present instead.

Really? Chargers have NFL's fourth-cheapest beer?

Man exposes himself to SDSU student

Pedophile puts Carlsbad to a high-stakes test

State's largest doctor group calls for legal pot

Shaney jo Darden: the force behind those "boobies"

"Equality 9" Marriage Equality Petition

Occupy San Diego Update

Officer Injured During Pechanga Casino Arrests

Man Threatening to Jump From Bridge Causes Massive Traffic Problems

Demonpenz 10-17-2011 12:21 PM

Anchorman's DVD sales Devistate San Diego's moral. When is a joke more than a joke? When it scews with the worlds prospective of the city it does. Will Ferrrils comment about San Diego being a "Whale's Vagina' Seemed to be a throw away joke in a forgetable movie, but not for stoners every where. Now instead of San Diego being known as "SAN DIEGO a Beautiful place for Beautiful people" Residence are now complaning that people ask them "HOW'S THAT WHALE VAGINA SMELL?"

Demonpenz 10-17-2011 12:25 PM

San Diego marketing companies had an online poll in which voters could vote by voting which was their favorite slogan in hopes of a new slogan catching on. Some of the choices were very appropriate

San Diego: When the lights go off the Fun goes on
San Diego: Get a Charge out of your Time here
San Diego: Suck it LA!
San Diego: Were Good Food meats good Weather

but online voters still wrote in

San Diego: Whales Vagina

ForeverChiefs58 10-17-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long (Post 8001586)
It seems the Sandy Eggo news have these powerful stories to present instead.

Really? Chargers have NFL's fourth-cheapest beer?

Man exposes himself to SDSU student

audiophile puts Carlsbad to a high-stakes test

State's largest doctor group calls for legal pot

"Equality 9" Marriage Equality Petition

Occupy San Diego Update

Officer Injured During Pechanga Casino Arrests

Man Threatening to Jump From Bridge Causes Massive Traffic Problems

So...what's the deal with the force behind those "boobies"?

4th and Long 10-17-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 8001724)
So...what's the deal with the force behind those "boobies"?

You're going to disappointed.

http://media.signonsandiego.com/img/..._r620x349.jpg?

Shaney jo Darden likes breasts.

But she loves boobies.

“We don’t want to say ‘I Love Breasts,’ ” said Darden, 39, who as co-founder and CEO of the Carlsbad-based Keep A Breast Foundation is the force behind the popular — 5 million sold since 2006 — “I (heart) boobies” wristband. “ ‘I Love Boobies’ is just such a camp thing, it’s the way we’ve always communicated.”

If, like Darden, you want to communicate with a population that’s more attuned to Nicki Minaj than Mozart, you want to choose your words with care. “I Love Breasts” might work for a middle-aged audience, but with middle- and high school students that phrase would be a bust.

“The ‘I Love Boobies’ bracelet,” Darden said, “was designed to speak to young people in their own voice.”

This is not your mother’s breast cancer group. Let Susan G. Komen For the Cure sponsor three-day walks; Keep A Breast sets up education booths at surfing and skateboarding competitions. Let the National Breast Cancer Foundation host a “Pink Party” at a Napa winery; Keep A Breast tours with blink-182 and My Chemical Romance. Let older, more established charities refer to October as “Breast Cancer Awareness Month.” At Keep A Breast, it’s been re-christened “Breast Cancer Prevention Month.”

Prevention, Darden argued, starts with education. The ear-catching “boobies” slogan can kick-start conversations about the most common form of cancer among women, one on track to kill 40,000 Americans this year.

Those conversations, though, are sometimes sidetracked by arguments over vocabulary. “I (heart) boobies” T-shirts and wristbands, the latter resembling the yellow Lance Armstrong “livestrong” bracelets, but wider and in an array of eye-catching colors, are often seen on teens — and sometimes in the principal’s office.

Across the nation, some schools have tried to ban the “boobies.” Last April, several Mountain Empire High students were ordered to remove these items, but district officials said this was because other students acted immaturely. “That only happened once and because it created a disturbance,” said Superintendent Steve Van Zant. “Kids are entitled to wear those — that’s a First Amendment right we support.”

“Immature student” — isn’t that redundant? Not in Beth Morrison’s classroom at Burbank’s John Burroughs High School. For three years, Morrison has used material from Keep A Breast to teach students about breast cancer.

“You don’t give them the option to be immature,” she said. “They’re not allowed to be silly about it.”

Eager to spread the word to more high schools, Darden last week met with a curricula developer, Ashley Wexler, to discuss sample lesson plans.

Wexler booted up her laptop. A smiley face suggested “Let the fun begin!” After a page of data on the disease — bam! — the screen was filled with the anatomical feature in question.

Not, perhaps, an ideal image for a hormonally addled audience.

“I just think it doesn’t need to be so, I dunno, realistic,” Darden said. “We need something a little more KAB-looking.”

She looked about her workplace, where the undraped female torso is celebrated in posters, “check yourself” leaflets and plaster casts. In this setting, finding a more cartoonlike breast was as tough as finding sand at the beach.

Too much pink

Take a moment to look at Darden. Right away, you notice two things. No, not those two.

She has a 100-watt smile.
Her fingers are tattooed: T-R-U-E on the right hand, L-O-V-E on the left.
These eight letters are not romantic souvenirs — Darden is single and not seeing anyone — but a reminder of parental wisdom. Born in Fullerton and raised in Southern California, this Mira Mesa High graduate often heard her mother say, “Choose love over fear.”

Passionate about art, sports and fashion, Darden combined these pursuits as a designer, creating new styles for skateboarders, surfers, snowboarders. When a friend, street artist Margaret Kilgallen, was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2000, Darden wanted to show support. One problem: Her crowd was not wild about a certain color.

“Everything was pink and pink ribbons,” she said. “It all seemed geared toward old ladies.”

For a fresher look, Darden asked breast cancer patients to coat their busts in plaster. After they were peeled off, male and female artists painted them with images — birds and butterflies, falling bombs and crossed bones, crucifixes and sunbursts — that spoke of hopes and fears. The ensuing April 2000 fundraiser, dubbed “Keep A Breast,” featured live music and a fashion show, but the breast casts were the evening’s hit.

Darden meant this to be a one-time show. But breast cancer continued to wreak havoc — in the United States, about 290,000 women are diagnosed every year — and artists continued to ask about the next show.

Darden thought: “Next time? Oh my gosh!”

But she said: “OK.”

The Keep A Breast show is now an annual tradition.

The wrong hands

By 2001, Darden was designing clothes for DC Shoes and Sole Technology while organizing Keep A Breast events in her free time. In 2004, she linked up with the Quiksilver Foundation, the charitable arm of a large manufacturer of surf-related clothing and accessories. She made breast casts of surf teams, traveled to Australia and France to put on an exhibition during surfing competitions.

“All of my brands had been really supportive,” she said. “But when you tell your boss, ‘I need the next 10 days off to fly around the world …’ ”

In 2008, she quit her job to devote all her energies to Keep A Breast. Two years ago, she moved the foundation out of her Oceanside home and into Carlsbad offices provided by Tom and Jennifer DeLonge — she’s a furniture designer, he’s guitarist and lead singer with blink-182 and Angels & Airwaves.

Now, Darden supervises 10 full-time employees in Carlsbad. There are Keep A Breast chapters in Europe and Canada, plus plans to open a center in Los Angeles. Keep A Breast recently launched Non Toxic Revolution, a campaign aimed at eliminating cancer-causing agents from cosmetics, household supplies and other items. Meanwhile, employees are hitting music and sporting events — this month, about 15 each weekend — passing out breast self-exam leaflets and urging kids to adopt healthy, cancer-fighting lifestyles.

All this costs money, which the foundation has. Last year, revenues hit $7.6 million, a sum Darden termed “very unexpected and surprising.” But when you sell millions of wristbands ($4 each) and T-shirts (starting at $22), it adds up.

On Sunday, a sold-out Keep A Breast fundraiser in San Diego will feature breast casts from actress Elizabeth Röhm, VH1 host Carrie Keagan and other celebrities. The works will be auctioned off for the foundation — another source of income and stress.

In the past, some celebrities have been upset after they were outbid at auction. Sure, the money goes to a good cause. But not everyone wants a stranger to buy and possess these revealing works of art.

“If they want to own their cast,” Darden advised Amanda Nixon, a Keep A Breast employee overseeing the auction, “make sure that in the end it is theirs. We don’t want anyone to be bummed because their boobs end up in the wrong hands.”

Nixon laughed. Then Darden did, too.

“You know what I mean,” the boss said.

ForeverChiefs58 10-17-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long (Post 8001744)
You're going to disappointed.

I was hoping so bad it was an Adriana Lima pictorial. :doh!:

Deberg_1990 10-17-2011 01:40 PM

so whos the dude she was buying wine with...and who was watching the baby at that time?

ForeverChiefs58 10-17-2011 01:54 PM

Also on the whole breast thing, as well as "I love boobies", I was thinking of maybe "wet t-shirt wednesdays" and on those days women wear white t-shirts with no bra. If you are looking to bring awarness to breasts I just think it would be a great cause.

Adriana Lima could really get the whole campaign kick started, and make people start looking forward to wednesdays again. Everyone works or knows someone they wouldn't mind running into on "wet t-shirt wednesdays" with an ice cold water bottle in their hands, am I right?

Hey, I am just trying to do my part by coming up with great ideas and bring more much needed attention to breasts. Thank you

crazycoffey 10-17-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8001293)
Well....at the very least....she's going to get charged with child neglect.

I had a case for neglect, mom drank a bunch of rubbing alcohol and had two young children in the house with her, PA dropped it. But I'd still like to think justice will find this one in KC for her parental misjudgements....

ForeverChiefs58 10-17-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8001756)
so whos the dude she was buying wine with...and who was watching the baby at that time?

someone earlier said they heard it was the mom's brother, but I wondered about who was watching the baby then too.

SDChiefs 10-17-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8001194)
Abortion after the fact?

Really late term abortion...