ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs hire Daboll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255811)

YayMike 02-04-2012 09:34 AM

I could really give a shit who our offensive coordinator is as long is Matt Cassel isnt the QB, but this move makes it more likely that the son of a bitch will be under center when season starts.

I think the other downside is that it may make Zorn leave. Zorn is a good QB coach and IMO shouldnt be judged by the fact that he hasnt done shit with Matt Cassel because Cassel is dog shit. I would have liked to see Zorn work with Stanzi and if we somehow would draft a QB in the first round.

I really wanted Saunders back myself, but maybe learning a whole new offense isnt the best idea, especially one that would make Cassel shit his pants on the sideline (as opposed to under center)

mikeyis4dcats. 02-04-2012 09:35 AM

saw that Raiders hired Hoffman for ST....so we've got that going for us.

OnTheWarpath15 02-04-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8347480)
Saunders has been able to put together good offenses. Daboll, not so much.

Plus, why come out and blatantly lie to the fan base the last few days during interviews where you keep saying you are waiting to interview certain candidates?

Saunders hasn't done anything of note in this league for a decade.

I haven't been around much recently, so I can't speak to your second statement. Who have they interviewed other than Philbin? Who were they supposedly waiting for?

If your Final 3 come down to Zorn, Saunders and Daboll, then I think it's fair to say no one worth a shit wanted to work here.

OnTheWarpath15 02-04-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 8347489)
saw that Raiders hired Hoffman for ST....so we've got that going for us.

WTF?

We fired Steve Hoffman?

mikeyis4dcats. 02-04-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8347492)
WTF?

We fired Steve Hoffman?

earlier in the week he and 2 others were cut.

BoneKrusher 02-04-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8347487)

THAT is why I am pissed about this hire. It was a hire that favors Cassel...and Pioli.

:banghead:

exactly why i'm pissed as well, with Pioli everything revolves around Cassel... the pile of dogshit.

OnTheWarpath15 02-04-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 8347493)

Jesus tapdancing Christ.

:facepalm:

Lightrise 02-04-2012 09:39 AM

I cannot express with scientific accuracy the reliabilty of a broad array of analysis with limited capacity for reengineering a testing platform whereby a cross section of interested parties may engage in cost benefit evaluation that potentially supports a given hypothesis that would refect the will of a consensus among the faithful to include those that virtually while not literally sit on fences...so in the interest of brevity I shall convey in a spirit of revelation words made famous by the epitome of greed and fraud of family values Sh*t Mitt - Pioli, You're Fired... I like firing people.

YayMike 02-04-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 8347493)

I guess I missed this too, but I don't think losing him is a big deal.

Reerun_KC 02-04-2012 09:41 AM

So much racism and hate for Pioli's hand puppet...

Well looks like I was right again, another complete cluster **** for one of the worse franchises in the NFL...

The Bad Guy 02-04-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8347406)

At this point, the only thing that excites me about the Chiefs is knowing there will be a day - hopefully sooner rather than later - that this Patriot Way experiment comes to a ****ing end.

Until they hire another pigheaded GM who relies on his past connections to build a coaching staff and team.

Chiefnj2 02-04-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8347490)

I haven't been around much recently, so I can't speak to your second statement. Who have they interviewed other than Philbin? Who were they supposedly waiting for?

They didn't say who they were waiting for, they (Romeo and Pioli) both said during different interviews they were waiting to interview other people insinuating they were waiting to talk to members of the Giants and Pats staff.

Rams Fan 02-04-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8347331)
Damn, that is some condemning shit.

Not really.

Pennington was hurt sometime in the 2007 season, IIRC, and the Jets had a huge collapse under Favre. They were 8-3 under Favre, and missed the playoffs due to 1-4 finish to the season.

I don't think you can fault Daboll for that.

Reerun_KC 02-04-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8347502)
Until they hire another pigheaded GM who relies on his past connections to build a coaching staff and team.

Looks like it starts at that top, Until Clark is gone, nothing is going to change...

Ebolapox 02-04-2012 09:44 AM

why the **** do I root for this team?!? :( :sulk:

OnTheWarpath15 02-04-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Well, that does seem to be the trend here.

But I'll cross that bridge when we get there.

YayMike 02-04-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Good point. But maybe they will build connections that you know...will let us win?

I know you probably would have posted more if you heard, but was Saunders offered the job?

OnTheWarpath15 02-04-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8347503)
They didn't say who they were waiting for, they (Romeo and Pioli) both said during different interviews they were waiting to interview other people insinuating they were waiting to talk to members of the Giants and Pats staff.

I wouldn't be shocked if those people reached out and said "don't bother waiting - I'm not interested."

Skyy God 02-04-2012 09:47 AM

MF you Scott Pioli.

Also, Dimitroff >>>>>> Pioli

Coogs 02-04-2012 09:47 AM

OK, I just got to the party, and only have scanned through a couple of pages.

So have we hired this guy yet, or is this just speculation? And if we have, I assume Zorn is on his way out, which means we will have to hire a whole new staff of position coaches on offense, as there are no holdovers on that side of the ball, correct?

And if this guy is brought in, I hope at the press conference one of our crackerjack media guys ask him about his stance on Kyle Orton. Last offseason Mimai was making a big pitch to get Orton from Denver... but Denver would not make the trade. It would be interesting to know if Daboll had any input into that push to get Orton, and if he did, what did Orton offer to the Dolphins that made him a more attractive option than the QB's that were in Miami? Because by all accounts Miami's QB's are/were at least the equal of Cassel... if not better.

The Bad Guy 02-04-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 8347509)
Good point. But maybe they will build connections that you know...will let us win?

I know you probably would have posted more if you heard, but was Saunders offered the job?

No, he wasn't offered the job. My buddy sent me a message this morning that losing out on McDaniels really ****ed their plan. Daboll was the choice between Zorn and Saunders.

This is speculation on my part but they may try to bring Al in as WR coach.

Zorn may ask out.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-04-2012 09:48 AM

The news hasn't been posted on the Chiefs website yet...maybe Schefter's source is wrong? :grovel:

BoneKrusher 02-04-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8347514)
The news hasn't been posted on the Chiefs website yet...maybe Schefter's source is wrong? :grovel:

it's on the chiefs espn page.

Rams Fan 02-04-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8347514)

The Chiefs aren't going to announce a hiring during the Superbowl weekend.

The NFL doesn't like for teams to announce things then.

Messier 02-04-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8347459)
Neither were a good choice, but sadly, after doing some catch-up reading this morning, this fanbase was rationalizing Saunders as an option.

Choosing between Daboll, Zorn and Saunders is like choosing between lung, brain and ass cancer.

None are a good option.

Which one is ass cancer? I'll take ass cancer, it's more common, and easier to treat.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-04-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8347516)
it's on the chiefs espn page.

Schefter is an employee for ESPN...it would make sense ESPN put it on their page beings their guy "broke" the news.

I am just holding out that .03% hope...

MIAdragon 02-04-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starbucks Fan (Post 8347517)
The Chiefs aren't going to announce a hiring during the Superbowl weekend.

The NFL doesn't for teams to announce things then.

http://www.jestdesigns.com/images/sp...h_v34_400x.gif

Deberg_1990 02-04-2012 09:51 AM

I thought we.were.waiting for a guy from a playoff team?
Posted via Mobile Device

Rams Fan 02-04-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 8347521)

I thought I made the edit, damn it.

****ing Grammar Police.

SAUTO 02-04-2012 09:54 AM

so has this even been confirmed yet?

Huffman83 02-04-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8347527)

It's on the internet, it has to be true!

jd1020 02-04-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Pretty sure Michael Lombardi confirmed it last night.

petegz28 02-04-2012 09:56 AM

Chiefs Hire Daboll As New Offensive Coordinator

KANSAS CITY, MO. (Shane Patton, Missouri Sports Magazine) – According to several sources, the Kansas City Chiefs have hired former Miami Dolphins offensive coordinator Brian Daboll.

As we reported yesterday, Daboll began his NFL coaching career with the New England Patriots, where he met and worked with current Chiefs GM Scott Pioli.
No word yet as to the status of quarterback coach Jim Zorn. Zorn had reportedly made it known that he would leave the Chiefs if he was not promoted to offensive coordinator after interviewing for the then open position.

Side Note:

Daball was in New England in 2005 when the Patriots drafted Matt Cassel out of USC – could bode well for Cassel’s chances at another season like he had in 2010 (Pro Bowl, Playoffs).

Shane Patton is the Editorial Director and NFL Columnist for Missouri Sports Magazine. Shane also covers College Football and is a member of the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA). Shane can be reached via email at shanep@missourisportsmag.com and followed @MoSportsMag on Twitter.

http://missourisportsmag.com/?p=49774

Carlota69 02-04-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Thats what I am wondering. I am also wondering if he was hired for something else, like WR coach, but Scheffter is assuming its OC? And if he is OC, does this mean Saunders was not offered the job, or did he turn it down?

Reerun_KC 02-04-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 8347045)
This franchise is a ****ing dumpster fire.

**** Scott Pioli and his yes men....that's all Romeo is.

Lots of Racism coming out in this thread...

BoneKrusher 02-04-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8347520)
Schefter is an employee for ESPN...it would make sense ESPN put it on their page beings their guy "broke" the news.

I am just holding out that .03% hope...

ya, i know.
but it's most likely true because it keeps Pioli's boy Castle as the starting QB.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-04-2012 10:03 AM

Show your approval of this hire here... :p

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/2...s-brian-daboll

Lightrise 02-04-2012 10:04 AM

It is painfully obvious now that Haley should still be here, with Orton and Zorn should have been promoted.

the Talking Can 02-04-2012 10:04 AM

pioli will burn this franchise down trying to prove Cassel isn't a worthless piece of shit....

BoneKrusher 02-04-2012 10:05 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Messier 02-04-2012 10:05 AM

You know, between Zorn, Saunders, and Daboll, I don't like all of the above really, and even though Saunders would be my favorite because he's nice and OC'd the Vermeil teams, I'm not too down or too psyched about any of the three. It's all about the talent. An OC can look brilliant if the players execute the gameplan.

YayMike 02-04-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8347513)
No, he wasn't offered the job. My buddy sent me a message this morning that losing out on McDaniels really ****ed their plan. Daboll was the choice between Zorn and Saunders.

This is speculation on my part but they may try to bring Al in as WR coach.

Zorn may ask out.

Yeah that was my fear that we may lose Zorn. Thanks as always for the information.

YayMike 02-04-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8347550)
You know, between Zorn, Saunders, and Daboll, I don't like all of the above really, and even though Saunders would be my favorite because he's nice and OC'd the Vermeil teams, I'm not too down or too psyched about any of the three. It's all about the talent. An OC can look brilliant if the QUARTERBACK canexecute the gameplan.

FYP :-D

Simplicity 02-04-2012 10:08 AM

What ever happened to his saying, "I came here to win games." I call BS on that one.

YayMike 02-04-2012 10:11 AM

The only good thing about this might mean that Orton would come back next year. However the only downside to THAT is that means we wont draft a QB in the first round. No way we keep Cassel and Orton.

I'm okay with taking a risk, and we all know that trading for Cassel was a risk, and it turned out to be terrible, but take another ****ing risk in the draft, and get us a ****ing QB that can take us deep in the playoffs and not continue to be the joke of a frachise that we are. I can only take one joke of a franchise at a time, and this time of year its Orioles time...

BoneKrusher 02-04-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8347558)
What ever happened to his saying, "I came here to win games." I call BS on that one.

he came to KC to prove Castle was the new Tom Brady and he'll be fired trying to prove it.

he really needs to check out CP, we could have set him straight three years ago.

milkman 02-04-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8347539)
ya, i know.
but it's most likely true because it keeps Pioli's boy Castle as the starting QB.

I'm not so sure I'd make that assumption.

This guy, as an OC has had to work with Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn, a rookie 3rd round Colt McCoy, Chad Henne, and Matt Moore.

If he has no head coahing ambitions, then he might be a "yes" man who blindly accepts Cassel as his QB here.

However, if he has any aspirations of advancing his career, he might well be the voice that calls for real competition at the QB position.

If he blindly accepts Cassel, then he almost certainly dooms his career to position coach obscurity after another failed OC stint.

Messier 02-04-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8347569)
he came to KC to prove Castle was the new Tom Brady and he'll be fired trying to prove it.

he really needs to check out CP, we could have set him straight three years ago.

I was thinking it's gonna be Cassel again this year, but after listening to Pioli on the radio yesterday, I'm not so sure anymore. He sure left room to doubt.

The Bad Guy 02-04-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 8347552)
Yeah that was my fear that we may lose Zorn. Thanks as always for the information.

Zorn's legend is a pure myth.

No QB on this roster improved under him last year.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-04-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 8347568)
The only good thing about this might mean that Orton would come back next year. However the only downside to THAT is that means we wont draft a QB in the first round. No way we keep Cassel and Orton.

I'm okay with taking a risk, and we all know that trading for Cassel was a risk, and it turned out to be terrible, but take another ****ing risk in the draft, and get us a ****ing QB that can take us deep in the playoffs and not continue to be the joke of a frachise that we are. I can only take one joke of a franchise at a time, and this time of year its Orioles time...

At this point I HOPE we bring back Orton.

-but-

Daboll was on the Pats staff when they drafted Cassel and is familiar with him. Cassel also understand the offense Daboll would be implementing.

BoneKrusher 02-04-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8347575)

This guy, as an OC has had to work with Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn, a rookie 3rd round Colt McCoy, Chad Henne, and Matt Moore.

If he has no head coahing ambitions, then he might be a "yes" man who blindly accepts Cassel as his QB here.

However, if he has any aspirations of advancing his career, he might well be the voice that calls for real competition at the QB position.

If he blindly accepts Cassel, then he almost certainly dooms his career to position coach obscurity after another failed OC stint.

and he didn't get a better QB to work with in KC,
i'd take all of the above QB's over Castle.

the Talking Can 02-04-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

was anyone else offering him a job?

i am unaware of him having options...

YayMike 02-04-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Right, and he is young enough that maybe they would groom him to eventually take over for Romeo. However, to do so would mean he may want a young QB going forward. Will Pioli allow that?

Although there is <0% chance it happens, the best way for a young OC to make an impression is cut Cassel, sign Orton, draft a QBOTF.

Reality: Cassel starts, and another season where we probably limp into the playoffs and get embarrassed again

milkman 02-04-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 8347568)

We won't be drafting a first round QB this year, unless Pioli can pull off a tradedown to take Tannehill where he feels he matches the value of the pick.

Coogs 02-04-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

This is why I would like to know what his stance on Orton was when the Dolphins were making the push to trade with Denver last year. I think you could make a case that Moore is an equal if not better QB than Cassel... even though Henne was the Dolphins starter early last season.

YayMike 02-04-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8347577)

Even though you are probably right, to be fair, no QB on the roster last year was worth shit. The only one that had a chance to get better was Stanzi, and we have no idea if he made any progress bc he never saw the field.

WhiteWhale 02-04-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8347480)
Saunders has been able to put together good offenses. Daboll, not so much.

Plus, why come out and blatantly lie to the fan base the last few days during interviews where you keep saying you are waiting to interview certain candidates?

Saunders didn't 'put together' jack shit.

Dick put the offense together.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-04-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 8347584)
Right, and he is young enough that maybe they would groom him to eventually take over for Romeo. However, to do so would mean he may want a young QB going forward. Will Pioli allow that?

Although there is <0% chance it happens, the best way for a young OC to make an impression is cut Cassel, sign Orton, draft a QBOTF.

Reality: Cassel starts, and another season where we probably limp into the playoffs and get embarrassed again

See signature. :thumb:

WhiteWhale 02-04-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

I'm not saying that Zorn is great or even good, but that's such a strawman.

Nobody even saw Stanzi's progress, Cassel is a sub-par 30 year old who spent the latter half of the season on IR, and Palko is one of the least talented QB's you'll ever see, and Orton was here for like 5 games.

I mean... c'mon.

milkman 02-04-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

He has to have a guy with some talent and the mental faculties to wotk with.

If there's any truth to the rumor that Cassel struggled adjusting to slight differences in scheme from the Patriots to Weiss and Muir, then he obviously lacks the mental faculties, and we already know he's limited physically.

As I've noted before, Charlie Batch and Joe Flacco had their best seasons with Zorn as QB coach, and Matt Hasselbeck was considered a top 10 QB with Zorn.

You can't polish a turd.

YayMike 02-04-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8347585)
We won't be drafting a first round QB this year, unless Pioli can pull off a tradedown to take Tannehill where he feels he matches the value of the pick.

I think a lot of it will come down to how the staff evaluates Stanzi. I personally don't think he is a long term answer, and I don't think we are in the position to trade UP to get a QB. That being said, I agree if Tannehill falls, we will draft him. I am 50/50 on Tanehill but at least it would show that this regime knows we need a QBOTF.

If we don't draft a QB, which is the most likely scenario, we should at least see what we have with Stanzi only because we know that Cassel nor Orton is the answer. If somehow Orton is the starter, it shows that they want to win to put asses in the seats because even though he isnt the long term solution, Orton will win us more games than Cassel. My fear with that is that we will win too many to get a QB in 2013.

WhiteWhale 02-04-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8347593)

If there's any truth to the rumor that Cassel struggled adjusting to slight differences in scheme from the Patriots to Weiss and Muir, then he obviously lacks the mental faculties, and we already know he's limited physically.

As I've noted before, Charlie Batch and Joe Flacco had their best seasons with Zorn as QB coach, and Matt Hasselbeck was considered a top 10 QB with Zorn.

You can't polish a turd.

You can try to polish a turd.

You usually end up covered in shit though. :(

YayMike 02-04-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8347590)
See signature. :thumb:

Exactly. Shame we will both be highly disapointed. Cassel has no value and will start, Orton will go somewhere he can start, and we will draft an OL in the first round. None of these things SHOULD happen, but it shuts up the ''true'' fanbase. :)

milkman 02-04-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 8347594)
I think a lot of it will come down to how the staff evaluates Stanzi. I personally don't think he is a long term answer, and I don't think we are in the position to trade UP to get a QB. That being said, I agree if Tannehill falls, we will draft him. I am 50/50 on Tanehill but at least it would show that this regime knows we need a QBOTF.

If we don't draft a QB, which is the most likely scenario, we should at least see what we have with Stanzi only because we know that Cassel nor Orton is the answer. If somehow Orton is the starter, it shows that they want to win to put asses in the seats because even though he isnt the long term solution, Orton will win us more games than Cassel. My fear with that is that we will win too many to get a QB in 2013.

By all accounts, there's the possibility of 4 or 5 first round QBs in the 2013 draft, and with a number of teams addressing their QB position in the draft last year, and in this upcoming draft, It would appear that the Chiefs could be in a very good position to pick one next year, wven if they aren't at the top of the draft.

milkman 02-04-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8347595)
You can try to polish a turd.

You usually end up covered in shit though. :(

That really kind of summarizes the 2010 season.

R8RFAN 02-04-2012 10:29 AM

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo...0062089316.jpg

Does that guy have a boner?

YayMike 02-04-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8347598)
By all accounts, there's the possibility of 4 or 5 first round QBs in the 2013 draft, and with a number of teams addressing their QB position in the draft last year, and in this upcoming draft, It would appear that the Chiefs could be in a very good position to pick one next year, wven if they aren't at the top of the draft.

Good to know. The sad thing though is that we will sacrifice the 2012 season just to get to a QB. That means that core talent ages another year.

Is it just wishful thinking that we could win a playoff game with Cassel this year if we draft Richardson, get a new solid RT, Solali and a new G/C? I think the rest of this team is good enough that its possible, but I don't want the blinders to ignore the glaring need longterm at QB....

BoneKrusher 02-04-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8347605)

Does that guy have a boner?

ROFL
just what the Chiefs needed, a Jerry Sandusky clone.

YayMike 02-04-2012 10:37 AM

Do the rankings of Daboll indicate how truly bad his offenses were run or is it that he really had dog shit talent on his teams with no deccent QB. I tend to think that other than the QB position we are more talented than any other team he has had before

chiefzilla1501 02-04-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8347598)

I would much, much rather do that. I cringe at the idea of putting that kind of value on Tannehill. Even if it's in a trade down.

I still would like to see the Chiefs make some kind of a push for Jimmy Clausen. Despite his rookie year performance, I think his upside is a hell of a lot higher than Tannehill's. And he comes a few rounds cheaper.

CanadaKC 02-04-2012 10:39 AM

and the ghost of Bill Parcells continues to haunt us.....

Mr. Flopnuts 02-04-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8347593)

You can't polish a turd.

Beat me to it.

mcaj22 02-04-2012 10:45 AM

I hope Bowe walks because of this shit hire/Mark Castle

and wants to play for a real QB/real OC

DJ's left nut 02-04-2012 10:46 AM

I just couldn't be more disappointed by this...if only because it's just so transparent.

Pioli got another stooge - period. All this crap from folks that are trying to say "Well you can't prove that he sucks" is just backwards logic. I shouldn't have to prove that the hire sucks, you should have to prove that it's good. This is an NFL coordinator's job, for ****'s sake. This isn't some High School assistant coach's gig - but one of 32 guys that coordinate offenses at this level. Presumably one of the 32 best in the entire ****ing world at running an offense.

What we've seen is that the results this guy has provided are, at best, substandard. More accurately - they're horrid. And sure, he's had some bad situations, but you're still just providing me with more excuses there. It's just more "Matt Cassel needs more time" bullshit. I don't need to see a bunch of reasons why he might not be awful; I need to see some explanations as to why he might be good. So far the best I have is "well he scored some points with a mediocre QB and made Reggie Bush look good". Folks - Reggie Bush is insanely talented, he just couldn't stay on the field. Figuring out a way to make someone with Bush's speed and athleticism doesn't impress me.

No, this hire isn't a good one. In fact, it's a bad one because it was made for the wrong reasons. Scott Pioli didn't look for someone that could come in here and score the most points given the freedom to choose his own QB and run his own system. No, Scott Pioli hired what he perceives to be the best available option to make Matt Cassel look better.

And frankly, I don't give a large rat's ass who Scott Pioli perceives to be the best available coach for any situation. All he seems capable of doing is hiring guys that Bill Belichick hired first and hoping they suck slightly less than the last BB castoff.

I've simply lost interest in this team. The way it's being run, the reasons decisions are made - all of it. There just isn't a single thing about this franchise that makes it fun to root for. They're a black-hat franchise that also happens to get mediocre results. They're not even loveable losers - it's just a bunch of transparent egomaniacs that are more interested in being right than being successful.

Like I said - it's just incredibly disappointing.

milkman 02-04-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8347616)
I would much, much rather do that. I cringe at the idea of putting that kind of value on Tannehill. Even if it's in a trade down.

I still would like to see the Chiefs make some kind of a push for Jimmy Clausen. Despite his rookie year performance, I think his upside is a hell of a lot higher than Tannehill's. And he comes a few rounds cheaper.

I'd rather get my head caught in a trash compactor than make a push for Jimmy Clausen.

OnTheWarpath15 02-04-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8347622)
I just couldn't be more disappointed by this...if only because it's just so transparent.

Pioli got another stooge - period. All this crap from folks that are trying to say "Well you can't prove that he sucks" is just backwards logic. I shouldn't have to prove that the hire sucks, you should have to prove that it's good. This is an NFL coordinator's job, for ****'s sake. This isn't some High School assistant coach's gig - but one of 32 guys that coordinate offenses at this level. Presumably one of the 32 best in the entire ****ing world at running an offense.

What we've seen is that the results this guy has provided are, at best, substandard. More accurately - they're horrid. And sure, he's had some bad situations, but you're still just providing me with more excuses there. It's just more "Matt Cassel needs more time" bullshit. I don't need to see a bunch of reasons why he might not be awful; I need to see some explanations as to why he might be good. So far the best I have is "well he scored some points with a mediocre QB and made Reggie Bush look good". Folks - Reggie Bush is insanely talented, he just couldn't stay on the field. Figuring out a way to make someone with Bush's speed and athleticism doesn't impress me.

No, this hire isn't a good one. In fact, it's a bad one because it was made for the wrong reasons. Scott Pioli didn't look for someone that could come in here and score the most points given the freedom to choose his own QB and run his own system. No, Scott Pioli hired what he perceives to be the best available option to make Matt Cassel look better.

And frankly, I don't give a large rat's ass who Scott Pioli perceives to be the best available coach for any situation. All he seems capable of doing is hiring guys that Bill Belichick hired first and hoping they suck slightly less than the last BB castoff.

I've simply lost interest in this team. The way it's being run, the reasons decisions are made - all of it. There just isn't a single thing about this franchise that makes it fun to root for. They're a black-hat franchise that also happens to get mediocre results. They're not even loveable losers - it's just a bunch of transparent egomaniacs that are more interested in being right than being successful.

Nailed it.

stonedstooge 02-04-2012 10:51 AM

I'm sure Pioli will be claiming this is who Romeo decided on. Got to have a scapegoat for blame later down the line. It's the Patriot way

milkman 02-04-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8347622)

Mike McCarthy was the QB coach for the Chiefs in Marty's first couple of seasons as the Chiefs HC, and the OC for the 31st ranked offense in San Francisco when he got the Packers job.

Talent trumps all, or in some cases, lack of talent.

DJ's left nut 02-04-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 8347615)
Do the rankings of Daboll indicate how truly bad his offenses were run or is it that he really had dog shit talent on his teams with no deccent QB. I tend to think that other than the QB position we are more talented than any other team he has had before

He had Daniel Thomas, Reggie Bush, Brandon Marshall and a better QB in Moore than he's going to have in KC. He had some decent secondary options with Fasano and Bess. And the Dolphins O-Line is actually a pretty good one, though like ours they have a gaping hole at RT.

He didn't have dogshit talent in Miami - he just didn't have premier talent. He had better than #22 talent, IMO. And there's no reason to believe he's going to have appreciably better results with the talent we have here.

But it's easier for folks to just say "He had dogshit talent everywhere he was...HE JUST NEEDS MORE TIME" and excoriate the same people that say the disaster that was Matt Cassel 3 years before the rest of them caught up.

Yeah, Daboll just needs more weapons and more time, just like ol' Matt. That extra time and weapons worked out spectacularly for us with Cassel, didn't it?

Mr_Tomahawk 02-04-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8347623)
I'd rather get my head caught in a trash compactor than make a push for Jimmy Clausen.

This.

There is a REASON he slid in the draft...AND that same team drafted a QB with the #1 overall pick the following year. Shows what they thought of Clausens future...