ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Quinn QBotF (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259863)

RustShack 05-26-2012 08:28 PM

Ironically Moss' year with Cassel was one of the worst in his career. How bad must Cassel suck that even Moss had a down year with him throwing to him.

Still a really good year for any WR, but one of HIS worst.

Saccopoo 05-26-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 8640385)
I hear ya. Quinn wasn't really given a shot. And he probably won't get a chance in KC sadly. Management is just too committed to Cassel.

I don't know about that this season.

Crennel doesn't seem tied to him and Pioli has been hearing it from the press about Cassel. They've got to know that the fans aren't really behind him as well.

I think that's the reason that they brought in Quinn. They need a guy who has a legit chance to make the push to start over Cassel and Quinn is familiar with the system and has better tools. You start to read about Quinn looking better than Cassel in summer camp and you've got yourself a full on push by the KC press and fan base to get him in there as soon as possible. Pioli will not be able to ignore that if it starts to build a head of steam and with Quinn still being relatively young, it's easy to see him getting the nod by the end of the preseason.

And if he doesn't make that push, then he's only signed to a relatively inexpensive one year and it's not a big deal anyway.

However, I think this is one of those moments that a guy just makes the jump. Brees' third year in San Diego. Manning's first Super Bowl run. It's just got that setup to it - knows the system, knows it's his best chance yet, a head coach with confidence in him, a very good supporting cast on both sides of the ball. I think it's his time. If it's not, then so be it and the Chiefs aren't out anything other than the one year affordable deal. If he blows up, then we got ourselves a guy and I don't think anyone around here would bitch too much about that.

Crush 05-26-2012 08:30 PM

If Cassel pulls a Trent Green in the preseason, then the celebration can begin.

Saccopoo 05-26-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8640395)
If Quinn was truly good enough, Elway and Fox would have had no problem with startin him over Tebow. Sure the fans might not like it, but it's not a GMs job to do what the fans like. If the fan pressure caused Tebow to start over Quinn, then the difference between Tebow and Quinn is pretty negligible.

Fan base. Ticket sales.

It took them signing Peyton Manning to unseat Tim Tebow. And that might have been the only guy to have been able to do it from a fan base perspective.

They simply dropped Orton like a hot potato.

There was no way in hell that Tebow wasn't going to start. The fan base demanded it.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-26-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8640449)
Fan base. Ticket sales.

It took them signing Peyton Manning to unseat Tim Tebow. And that might have been the only guy to have been able to do it from a fan base perspective.

They simply dropped Orton like a hot potato.

There was no way in hell that Tebow wasn't going to start. The fan base demanded it.

This.

+Rep.

Crush 05-26-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8640446)
I don't know about that this season.

Crennel doesn't seem tied to him and Pioli has been hearing it from the press about Cassel. They've got to know that the fans aren't really behind him as well.

I think that's the reason that they brought in Quinn. They need a guy who has a legit chance to make the push to start over Cassel and Quinn is familiar with the system and has better tools. You start to read about Quinn looking better than Cassel in summer camp and you've got yourself a full on push by the KC press and fan base to get him in there as soon as possible. Pioli will not be able to ignore that if it starts to build a head of steam and with Quinn still being relatively young, it's easy to see him getting the nod by the end of the preseason.

And if he doesn't make that push, then he's only signed to a relatively inexpensive one year and it's not a big deal anyway.

However, I think this is one of those moments that a guy just makes the jump. Brees' third year in San Diego. Manning's first Super Bowl run. It's just got that setup to it - knows the system, knows it's his best chance yet, a head coach with confidence in him, a very good supporting cast on both sides of the ball. I think it's his time. If it's not, then so be it and the Chiefs aren't out anything other than the one year affordable deal. If he blows up, then we got ourselves a guy and I don't think anyone around here would bitch too much about that.

Len Dawson began his career in Pittsburgh and it didn't pan it out. Brady Quinn began his career in Cleveland and it didn't pan it out. Coincidence? Most likely. However, if Quinn "turns out' and reaches his true potential then we will build a statue of him in front of Arrowhead. This fanbase is so desperate for a franchise QB and the treasures that it brings that it doesn't realize it.

BoneKrusher 05-26-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8640452)
This.

+Rep.

yep

Mr_Tomahawk 05-26-2012 08:34 PM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105681

:D

Crush 05-26-2012 08:35 PM

Stanzi too, even more because we drafted him and he would be "our own." I just want a ****ing QB that will **** the competition repeatedly like a two dollar whore.

Crush 05-26-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8640457)

**** the Donkeys. Seriously. I hope to live to see the day when both that POS city and POS stadium are hit by a ****ing meteor. I also hope John Elway chokes on a piece of filet minion as Thannon Tharpe screams like a imbecile. **** that entire franchise and **** their messiah who had to have the refs bail them out to win. I ****ing hate Denver and I hope that city is completely wiped off the map before I am dead and gone. (No offense to either DaFace or Rainman you are swell guys, but... **** Denver)

Saccopoo 05-26-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 8640463)
**** the Donkeys. Seriously. I hope to live to see the day when both that POS city and POS stadium are hit by a ****ing meteor. I also hope John Elway chokes on a piece of filet minion as Thannon Tharpe screams like a imbecile. **** that entire franchise and **** their messiah who had to have the refs bail them out to win. I ****ing hate Denver and I hope that city is completely wiped off the map before I am dead and gone. (No offense to either DaFace or Rainman you are swell guys, but... **** Denver)

Rep.

**** ****ing Denver.

Rasputin 05-26-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 8640423)
Damn straight. Cassel seems like a nice guy, but I really want him to die of antifreeze-infused AIDS. He really sucks and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Fans booing and not showing up or leave early for games is about all we can do to send a message. Clarks pocket book is in charge of the Chiefs franchise not Pioli. Remember it was Clark who told Pioli to fire Haley. **** Cassel and I don't think us fans have to take it.

Easy 6 05-26-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 8640436)
Cassel must have snorted up ground up leprechaun to achieve that 11-5 season.

:LOL:

BossChief 05-26-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8640258)
In 2009 he had a 4 game span where he went:

Ravens - 13 for 31 for 99 yards and 2 INTs.
Lions - 21 for 33 for 304 yards and 4 TDs.
Bengals - 15 for 34 for 100 yards and a rushing TD.
Chargers - 25 for 45 for 271 yards and 3 TDs.

The Ravens defense is ****ing tough.....especially back then....and that was his first start after 6 game span of sitting on the bench. So his bad game in that stretch was against the Bengals.....who won the AFC North that year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8640353)
So it's his fault that they lost to the Lions in 2009 when he threw for almost 300 yards and 4 TDs? Or how about the Chargers when he threw for almost 300 yards and 3 TDs? Sounds to me like he was one of the only reasons that they were in those two games.

That Lions game was the only one where he looked like an effective NFL qb and iirc that defense was as bad as it gets. Regardless, he used all his talents to distribute the ball and he used his legs to buy time and make big plays.

If we can get that kind of play from him in KC, we can win a championship with him.

Seriously.

As far as that SD game though, stats can be misleading.

RealSNR 05-26-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 8640436)
I'm sorry SNR, I'm drunk and I may have missed the entire meat of your argument, but Cassel was damn lucky. Damn lucky. Cassel must have snorted up ground up leprechaun to achieve that 11-5 season. Throwing it up to Randy Moss every chance he got must have wonders, but he ****ing sucks now and needs to be dealt with. I don't mean kill him, but force him to realize that he sucks and leave this franchise alone.

I didn't have an argument. I was just answering your question, that's all.

The Franchise 05-26-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8640602)
That Lions game was the only one where he looked like an effective NFL qb and iirc that defense was as bad as it gets. Regardless, he used all his talents to distribute the ball and he used his legs to buy time and make big plays.

If we can get that kind of play from him in KC, we can win a championship with him.

Seriously.

As far as that SD game though, stats can be misleading.

What exactly is misleading? His defense ****ed him that game....just like the Lions game.

Setsuna 05-26-2012 10:28 PM

ROFL I'm going to BLAST all of yall if he gets a chance to start. I can't wait. PBJ

The Franchise 05-26-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8640644)
ROFL I'm going to BLAST all of yall if he gets a chance to start. I can't wait. PBJ

Hopefully you won't be on this board by then.

Setsuna 05-26-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8640652)
Hopefully you won't be on this board by then.

That's terribly cruel.

The Franchise 05-26-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8640671)
That's terribly cruel.

Yeah.....and so was your Mom releasing you into this world.

BossChief 05-26-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8640638)
What exactly is misleading? His defense ****ed him that game....just like the Lions game.

He ****ed his defense by some bad early throws that game that could have went for big yardage. They were down huge in that game...like 27-7 going into the fourth quarter.

He threw for most of that yardage in total garbage time.

It's like saying Cassel had a good game against Denver when he threw for 400 yards.

He played very well against the lions.

That's the Brady Quinn we hold out HOPE for.

DeezNutz 05-26-2012 11:36 PM

Stanzi threads. Quinn threads. LMAO. Psst, here's Pioli's super secret blueprint for "the process":

http://seanwes.com/wp-content/themes...n-a-bottle.png

Now go check the trash.

Sorter 05-27-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8640764)
Stanzi threads. Quinn threads. LMAO. Psst, here's Pioli's super secret blueprint for "the process":

http://seanwes.com/wp-content/themes...n-a-bottle.png

Now go check the trash.

At least Stanzi as a chance...

Setsuna 05-27-2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8640688)
Yeah.....and so was your Mom releasing you into this world.

I didn't know you wanted to have Quinn's child either. Just swallowing his children doesn't bring it to fruition.

aturnis 05-27-2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8640733)
He ****ed his defense by some bad early throws that game that could have went for big yardage. They were down huge in that game...like 27-7 going into the fourth quarter.

He threw for most of that yardage in total garbage time.

It's like saying Cassel had a good game against Denver when he threw for 400 yards.

He played very well against the lions.

That's the Brady Quinn we hold out HOPE for.

Yeah. It's too funny that people are propping up that Lions game. Sure, he did what he did, but it doesn't change the fact that he did it against the worst passing defense and worst overall defense in the league that year. They gave up almost 31 points per game that year. Not a glowing review.

If you'll prop that game up, you may as well prop up Cassel's 2010 season against inferior competition...

aturnis 05-27-2012 01:44 AM

Quotes regarding Quinn in OTA's.

Quote:

Brady Quinn struggles to throw that out routes with any accuracy. They are in the dirt or wide of the target.
Quote:

3 Players who underwhelmed me in Day 2 1. Brady Quinn 2. Donald Stephenson 3. Steve Maneri
The only positive I've heard of him is:

Quote:

“I think they’re beginning to gain a command of the system and some of the checks that we have in place,” Crennel said. “They’re all doing well. Probably, Brady and Matt are a little ahead of Stanzi right now, but they’re all working at it. They’re a good group in that room, so we feel good about them.”
Funny thing is, this quote is talking solely about the QB's "command" of the offense, how they're doing with the ins and outs of it all. I'd certainly hope Quinn is ahead of Stanzi, he's already played in this offense, for Daboll.

aturnis 05-27-2012 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8638507)
like:
ability to lead, supporting cast, chemistry etc

i wanna see Quinn play with the team we have in place, if he sucks then i'll admit it.

What on GODS GREEN EARTH gives you the idea Brady Quinn has ANY ability to lead?

From an outsiders prospective, he doesn't seem like he even wants it.

Setsuna 05-27-2012 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8640912)
What on GODS GREEN EARTH gives you the idea Brady Quinn has ANY ability to lead?

Don't bother. They're really, really delusional. I'm not saying he doesn't have the talent but he just CANNOT handle the pressure. Don't know how many times I've said that. They think having better talent masks that. Wrong.

Tribal Warfare 05-27-2012 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8640924)
Don't bother. They're really, really delusional. I'm not saying he doesn't have the talent but he just CANNOT handle the pressure. Don't know how many times I've said that. They think having better talent masks that. Wrong.

I called that shit when he was drafted

BoneKrusher 05-27-2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8640912)

wishful thinking?

like i said before give me anyone as a starter over Cassel.

-King- 05-27-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8640998)
wishful thinking?

like i said before give me anyone as a starter over Cassel.

Nah I'm good. Give me a player better than Cassel. Replacing bums with other bums accomplishes nothing and can set you even further back.
Posted via Mobile Device

BoneKrusher 05-27-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8641113)
Nah I'm good. Give me a player better than Cassel. Replacing bums with other bums accomplishes nothing and can set you even further back.
Posted via Mobile Device

we'll just see how it all plays out once the season gets underway.

@ least this season i think we have a coach in Romeo that will yank him for the best option to win, be it Stanzi or Quinn.

Coogs 05-27-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8641113)
Posted via Mobile Device

Kyle Orton.

I would have never uttered his name in the same sentences with Rodgers, Brees, Manning, etc. Still wouldn't. Before he took a snap with us, I would have put him right in the bum pile you are talking about.

Funny thing was, that bum looked like a big league QB in his 3 starts here. Behind a much maligned O-line at that. On his 4th or 5th different OC in a short time. With receivers he barely knew. Without the teams star RB. (All excuses for the Cassel crowd... except for the receivers he barely knew part)

Sure, the Orton haters (Cassel lovers) will point out the 1 TD, 2 INT's stat, but those are nearly as misleading as the 27-7 stat thrown out in Cassels defense. If you were paying attention, the bum Orton clearly could do things the bum Cassel can not.

Now Stanzi is the guy I hope takes over... but if it be Quinn instead... I'm good with that as well. Replacing a bum with another bum might not set the team back at all. It might just be the ticket this team needs to make a push to the upper echelon of NFL teams.

BoneKrusher 05-27-2012 09:40 AM

Good Post^

Setsuna 05-27-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8641207)
Good Post^

That's a terrible post. Orton is a better scrub than Cassel, Quinn is a worse scrub than Cassel. But the fact remains, they are all scrubs. The only one unknown to be a scrub is Stanzi. Give him a chance or something.

BoneKrusher 05-27-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8641218)
That's a terrible post. Orton is a better scrub than Cassel, Quinn is a worse scrub than Cassel. But the fact remains, they are all scrubs. The only one unknown to be a scrub is Stanzi. Give him a chance or something.

the big difference is this:

Matt Cassel dont get Paid like a scrub.

Coogs 05-27-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8641218)

Did I strike a nerve?

-King- 05-27-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8641193)
Kyle Orton.

I would have never uttered his name in the same sentences with Rodgers, Brees, Manning, etc. Still wouldn't. Before he took a snap with us, I would have put him right in the bum pile you are talking about.

Funny thing was, that bum looked like a big league QB in his 3 starts here. Behind a much maligned O-line at that. On his 4th or 5th different OC in a short time. With receivers he barely knew. Without the teams star RB. (All excuses for the Cassel crowd... except for the receivers he barely knew part)

Sure, the Orton haters (Cassel lovers) will point out the 1 TD, 2 INT's stat, but those are nearly as misleading as the 27-7 stat thrown out in Cassels defense. If you were paying attention, the bum Orton clearly could do things the bum Cassel can not.

Now Stanzi is the guy I hope takes over... but if it be Quinn instead... I'm good with that as well. Replacing a bum with another bum might not set the team back at all. It might just be the ticket this team needs to make a push to the upper echelon of NFL teams.

Except that Orton has been HORRIBLE in the Red Zone his whole career. Cassels stats may have been padded by easy touchdowns, but at least he could get them. For some reason, Orton is unable to get a Td inside the 20.
Posted via Mobile Device

aturnis 05-27-2012 10:08 AM

Dude, there was also a MAJOR difference in the amount of time Cassel and Orton had for presnap reads. People may not want to admit it, but Cassel was art a major disadvantage last year. You may not want to admit it, but he should have a chance to play much better this season. It might not be what you want to hear, but it's an honest outlook.

Orton didn't prove shit.

RealSNR 05-27-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8641250)
Dude, there was also a MAJOR difference in the amount of time Cassel and Orton had for presnap reads. People may not want to admit it, but Cassel was art a major disadvantage last year. You may not want to admit it, but he should have a chance to play much better this season. It might not be what you want to hear, but it's an honest outlook.

Orton didn't prove shit.

You're right. It's NOT what I want to hear.

I think it's bullshit that every nook and cranny needs to be explored with this POS QB like he's a goddamn #1 overall pick who has promise but needs more time.

First he needed RBs and an offensive line
Then he needed multiple receivers, especially talented slot guys like Breaston who could get separation
Then he needed a RT and a coach who wouldn't hurt his feelings
Now he needs a chance going into his 4th year with this team with time to make pre-snap reads?

If there's one more thing he didn't get a fair chance at working with, it will probably be that the team's old diaper-changer was sloppy and ineffective. He needs time with the NEW one. That will surely make all the difference in his game.

Enough ****ing excuses. I've had it with them. Jimmy Clausen didn't get NEARLY this many excuses or chances. Neither did Brady Quinn. Hell, I'll even throw names out there like Tim Couch and Jamarcus ****ing Russell. Cassel has had way more chances than all of them, and he was a ****ing 7th rounder who got traded for a 2nd.

We didn't exactly invest anything in him. Get his ass out of here.

The Franchise 05-27-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8640902)
Quotes regarding Quinn in OTA's.

The only positive I've heard of him is:

Funny thing is, this quote is talking solely about the QB's "command" of the offense, how they're doing with the ins and outs of it all. I'd certainly hope Quinn is ahead of Stanzi, he's already played in this offense, for Daboll.

Oh really? How about quotes from Gretz that Quinn was the best of the three QBs at camp?

milkman 05-27-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8641343)
Oh really? How about quotes from Gretz that Quinn was the best of the three QBs at camp?

No offense Pest, but one guy says Quinn has been the most impressive, while another guy says that Cassel has been the most impressive.

Clearly there's bias involved in reporting.

The Franchise 05-27-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8641353)
No offense Pest, but one guy says Quinn has been the most impressive, while another guy says that Cassel has been the most impressive.

Clearly there's bias involved in reporting.

Yeah......my point was exactly that. For one report about Quinn sucking.....there's one praising him. There's no point in using them to back anyone's claims.

BigMeatballDave 05-27-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Orton didn't prove shit.

Maybe that was on Cassel.

Orton was only sacked once in 3 games. That proves quite a bit.

Coogs 05-27-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Dude, there was also a MAJOR difference in the amount of time Cassel and Orton had for presnap reads. People may not want to admit it, but Cassel was art a major disadvantage last year.

I'm not buying this. Hell, Tyler fricking Palko was making presnap reads/adjustments that Cassel doesn't/can't. And he even won a game at Chicago in the same manner that Cassel has to win with... and nearly even beat the Steelers too. More rushing attempts than passing attempts.

DBOSHO 05-27-2012 12:06 PM

Orton isnt Elite, but he showed us what our team could be with an above average quarterback. See week 14.

How you dont pay him and keep him here is beyond me.

BoneKrusher 05-27-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8641415)
Orton isnt Elite, but he showed us what our team could be with an above average quarterback. See week 14.

if the truth be known Pioli probably offered him a gig as Cassel's backup and he got offended and walked away, hell i would have as well.

Messier 05-27-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

I know we hate Cassel, and it has made us overvalue other QB's. Orton is not a good QB. He's really very average. Maybe he's a bit better than Cassel, but it's not enough that it really matters. They both should be back ups in the NFL.

BigMeatballDave 05-27-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8641421)
if the truth be known Pioli probably offered him a gig as Cassel's backup and he got offended and walked away, hell i would have as well.

Orton saw the writing on the wall.

He knew this was Cassel's team and probably wasn't going to be given a fair shot at a starting gig.
So he bolted for Dallas.

BoneKrusher 05-27-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8641445)

He knew this was Cassel's team and probably wasn't going to be given a fair shot at a starting gig.
So he bolted for Dallas.

yep
he gave us a glimpse of what a QB that can get the ball downfield would do for the Chiefs.

BigMeatballDave 05-27-2012 12:38 PM

I am curious to know why Orton was quick sign with Dallas without visiting any other teams.

BoneKrusher 05-27-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8641458)
I am curious to know why Orton was quick sign with Dallas without visiting any other teams.

good question, that was a strange move by him and his agent.

-King- 05-27-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8641445)

So he bolted for Dallas.

Because he would get a fair shot in Dallas :rolleyes:

I don't know if Orton cared about starting. Clearly here was his best chance at starting. Even if Cassel was named the starter, if he sucked the first few weeks, there would be enormous pressure to start Orton. In Dallas, Romo could go the first 6 weeks 2-4 with 3 TDs and 10 INTs and they likely wouldn't switch.

-King- 05-27-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

He's better than Cassel between the 20s but Cassel is better than him inside the 20s.

aturnis 05-27-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8641380)
Maybe that was on Cassel.

Orton was only sacked once in 3 games. That proves quite a bit.

Can you not read?

When Orton came in, Haley had been fired and Crennel allowed Muir to simply call the plays he chose without running them by him first. Orton got to the line with ample time to make pre-snap reads, a luxury not afforded to Cassel often last season. With the information he was able to gather, he could identify favorable matchups, hot routes, blitzes, and call for a change in blocking assignments accordingly. That, in and of itself, would be a huge plus as far as sacks go.

The difference is, even with all the extra info from pre-snap reads, Orton still couldn't punch it into the endzone.

aturnis 05-27-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8641398)
I'm not buying this. Hell, Tyler fricking Palko was making presnap reads/adjustments that Cassel doesn't/can't. And he even won a game at Chicago in the same manner that Cassel has to win with... and nearly even beat the Steelers too. More rushing attempts than passing attempts.

I don't recall seeing anything of the sort from Palko. In fact, I remember most here ridiculing Haley for saying Palko was such smart player and the coaches son and blah blah blah, while it never presented itself on the field. The only thing that saved Palko from certain death was the jump pass.

Coogs 05-27-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8641521)
I don't recall seeing anything of the sort from Palko. In fact, I remember most here ridiculing Haley for saying Palko was such smart player and the coaches son and blah blah blah, while it never presented itself on the field. The only thing that saved Palko from certain death was the jump pass.

:shrug: I do.

Setsuna 05-27-2012 01:27 PM

Romo can't stay healthy worth a darn. Orton will be playing by week 9.

aturnis 05-27-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8641425)
I know we hate Cassel, and it has made us overvalue other QB's. Orton is not a good QB. He's really very average. Maybe he's a bit better than Cassel, but it's not enough that it really matters. They both should be back ups in the NFL.

This. Orton would not have been an upgrade.

You guys are just infatuated with the IDEA of a QB better than Cassel. You're seeing things that aren't there.

Look. I AM NOT DEFENDING CASSEL! I want him gone probably more than most, but at least be objective about the facts. CASSEL WILL NEVER TAKE US TO THE SUPERBOWL! let alone win the damned thing. He needs to go.

He isn't the worst QB in the NFL, but he certainly isn't a starter. His true value is more than what we saw last season, but not anywhere near 27-7. I do think he is every bit as good as Orton though. His advantage in the redzone being a huge part of leveling that playing field.

aturnis 05-27-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8641500)
He's better than Cassel between the 20s but Cassel is better than him inside the 20s.

Thank you.

Coogs 05-27-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8641548)
You guys are just infatuated with the IDEA of a QB better than Cassel. You're seeing things that aren't there.

:spock:

BoneKrusher 05-27-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8641548)
Orton would not have been an upgrade.

cant agree with this^

BossChief 05-27-2012 01:47 PM

Stanzi > Orton

BoneKrusher 05-27-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8641582)
Stanzi > Orton

could be but how will we ever know if they keep him riding the pine..

BigChiefFan 05-27-2012 01:54 PM

Without naming the QBs, which would you prefer based on their stats?

QB 1-76TDs 45 INTs 18 Fumbles, QB Rating 82.5

QB2-60 TDs 37 INTs 8 fumbles, QB Rating 84.7

QB3-51 TDs, 46 INTs, 9 Fumbles QB Rating 79.0

QB4-55TDs, 51 INTs, 17 Fumbles, QB Rating 73.2

I'll reveal the players later.

BigMeatballDave 05-27-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8641510)
Can you not read?

When Orton came in, Haley had been fired and Crennel allowed Muir to simply call the plays he chose without running them by him first. Orton got to the line with ample time to make pre-snap reads, a luxury not afforded to Cassel often last season. With the information he was able to gather, he could identify favorable matchups, hot routes, blitzes, and call for a change in blocking assignments accordingly. That, in and of itself, would be a huge plus as far as sacks go.

The difference is, even with all the extra info from pre-snap reads, Orton still couldn't punch it into the endzone.

If you couldn't tell the offense was more productive with Orton, then you should stop following football.

Orton does have issues in the EZ, but the biggest problem was shitty goal line blocking and running.

BigMeatballDave 05-27-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8641582)
Stanzi > Orton

No way of knowing that now.

BoneKrusher 05-27-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8641590)

not QB 1, thats Cassel.

BigChiefFan 05-27-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8641595)
not QB 1, thats Cassel.

...and there lies the problem. You're willing to ignore the actual stats and blindly dismiss his play, because of his name.

aturnis 05-27-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8641592)
If you couldn't tell the offense was more productive with Orton, then you should stop following football.

Orton does have issues in the EZ, but the biggest problem was shitty goal line blocking and running.

Who said it wasn't more productive fuqtard? It should have been. For once, there was actually time for pre-snap reads. That is why Orton didn't prove shit. Not only did he have an unfair advantage over Cassel, but he didn't actually produce but 1 TD. All those yards mean shit without points. How many of Ortons trips to the redzone ended in either a FG, Int, or turnover on downs? Answer, all but one.

BigMeatballDave 05-27-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8641590)

#1 is Cassel.

BigChiefFan 05-27-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8641605)
Who said it wasn't more productive fuqtard? It should have been. For once, there was actually time for pre-snap reads. That is why Orton didn't prove shit. Not only did he have an unfair advantage over Cassel, but he didn't actually produce but 1 TD. All those yards mean shit without points.

It's maddening talking to some of these people. Orton produced one friggin TD in 3 games. ONE and he's a friggin idol around here.

In58men 05-27-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8641604)
...and there lies the problem. You're willing to ignore the actual stats and blindly dimiss his play, because of his name.

Had QB 2 then QB 1

BigMeatballDave 05-27-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8641605)
Who said it wasn't more productive fuqtard? It should have been. For once, there was actually time for pre-snap reads. That is why Orton didn't prove shit. Not only did he have an unfair advantage over Cassel, but he didn't actually produce but 1 TD. All those yards mean shit without points.

My point is Orton is better at pushing the ball down field. Something Cassel has shown to be very inconsistent with.

aturnis 05-27-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8641610)
My point is Orton is better at pushing the ball down field. Something Cassel has shown to be very inconsistent with.

My point is Cassel is better at putting the ball into the endzone, especially from within' the 20. Something Orton has show to be borderline reeruned at throughout his career.

-King- 05-27-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8641607)
It's maddening talking to some of these people. Orton produced one friggin TD in 3 games. ONE and he's a friggin idol around here.

Hell, his poor decisions is what cost us the Raiders game and almost cost us the Packers game. The INT after Bowe's drop in the Raiders game was just embarrassing. And in the Packers game, we had 5 Redzone trips and came up with 4 field goals.

Orton cannot win you games. He's a game manager just like Cassel.

BigMeatballDave 05-27-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

...and there lies the problem. You're willing to ignore the actual stats and blindly dismiss his play, because of his name.

His overall play is shit.

Have you seen Elways numbers? Very pedestrian.

Messier 05-27-2012 02:12 PM

Cassel is just another average QB. There are several starting every year in the NFL. I'd say 7 or so teams start QBs that should be backups. There aren't enough good QBs for 32 teams. The problem I have, when you have one of those, you should enter every year looking to improve, and this year the Chiefs didn't do that. Orton and Cassel are both one of those QBs. So it really doesn't matter, Orton doesn't offer any advantage.

BoneKrusher 05-27-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Cassel is SHIT.

-King- 05-27-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8641624)
Cassel is SHIT.

No one has really argued otherwise.