ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Pot Legal in Colorado and Washington for Recreational Use (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266302)

the Talking Can 08-29-2013 04:28 PM

brownies are awesome...much different, all body high

def have to be careful with amount, it can sneak up big time

Pablo 08-29-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9923808)
brownies are awesome...much different, all body high

def have to be careful with amount, it can sneak up big time

Yeah, the next morning I woke up and tried to walk and realized it wasn't going away anytime soon. I outdid myself. By quite a bit.

saphojunkie 08-29-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9923804)
LMAO So everyone who uses mj has a drug problem?

I bet this ****er wrote 'Reefer Madness'.

Keep laughing, loser. One day you're gonna wake up addicted to grass!

Kiimo 08-29-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9923815)
Yeah, the next morning I woke up and tried to walk and realized it wasn't going away anytime soon. I outdid myself. By quite a bit.

That's because you're still digesting it. That's the problem with baked goods.

the Talking Can 08-29-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9923815)

lol...whoever hooked you up should have given you a heads up

i like them because you don't have to have any paraphernalia, and it's a better high for being in bars/clubs imo...no risk

but i always start with a bit, wait an hour, then adjust as necessary...

Pablo 08-29-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9923834)
lol...whoever hooked you up should have given you a heads up

i like them because you don't have to have any paraphernalia, and it's a better high for being in bars/clubs imo...no risk

but i always start with a bit, wait an hour, then adjust as necessary...

Oh, I knew what I was in for.

I just ingested way, way, way, way too much. That was on me being a drunk ass.

BigMeatballDave 08-29-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9923817)
Keep laughing, loser. One day you're gonna wake up addicted to grass!

Bermuda or St. Augustine?

CrazyPhuD 08-29-2013 04:41 PM

Because you can never get too much of this song! ROFL

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WeYsTmIzjkw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

saphojunkie 08-29-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9923838)
Bermuda or St. Augustine?

A hybrid - Kentucky bluegrass and northern California sensimilla.

Kiimo 08-29-2013 04:44 PM

^^^^ I bet you could play 36 holes on that stuff.

Don by the way we're laughing at your antiquated view on "dopers" but don't get me wrong.

I have always liked THC but I dislike weed culture. For all the fun I've had watching movies and going hiking with a buzz on, I've seen enough dreadlocked skulls on bongs and jester hats to last me the rest of my life.

vailpass 08-29-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9923841)
A hybrid - Kentucky bluegrass and northern California sensimilla.

Big hitter the Llama..

the Talking Can 08-29-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 9923847)
^^^^ I bet you could play 36 holes on that stuff.

Don by the way we're laughing at your antiquated view on "dopers" but don't get me wrong.

I have always liked THC but I dislike weed culture. For all the fun I've had watching movies and going hiking with a buzz on, I've seen enough dreadlocked skulls on bongs and jester hats to last me the rest of my life.

i feel the same way, the nice thing about legalization would be companies providing for markets that don't want to hang out with 420 hippies...much like craft beer

saphojunkie 08-29-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9923861)
i feel the same way, the nice thing about legalization would be companies providing for markets that don't want to hang out with 420 hippies...much like craft beer

Good call. In fact, I think the markets could be concentric. There is definitely a market for people who want to enjoy quality products in a reasonable, moderate way. Be it craft beer, non-cartel-controlled marijuana, hell even sustainable farming and ranching.

Maybe I'm just getting older, but the idea of pulling gravity bong hits is as gross to me as drinking 12 miller lites and polishing off a double quarter pounder extra value meal.

the Talking Can 08-29-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9923871)
Good call. In fact, I think the markets could be concentric. There is definitely a market for people who want to enjoy quality products in a reasonable, moderate way. Be it craft beer, non-cartel-controlled marijuana, hell even sustainable farming and ranching.

Maybe I'm just getting older, but the idea of pulling gravity bong hits is as gross to me as drinking 12 miller lites and polishing off a double quarter pounder extra value meal.

there was an article in slate awhile back about a market for people who don't want super-powered weed...you know, you want to go out to a cool, nice place to socialize and maybe smoke a joint but not take vape hits and turn into spicoli...

basically baby boomers...and there are times when i definitely want the weed equivalent of an after work drink

Kiimo 08-29-2013 05:01 PM

Yeah exactly. I don't want to walk into anywhere and buy something called "Mothership Kush Kush" or "Sticky Icky Kine Blast" or something.

I want the Moet Cristal of THC in an elegant wrapper sold at a cigar aficionado shop or capsule form or something before I play golf* because I grew up.

*no not disk golf.

the Talking Can 08-29-2013 05:04 PM

here it is:
http://www.slate.com/articles/health...t_strains.html

Quote:

Will this new legality expand the market of marijuana customers beyond the current core demographic of guys in their 20s in hoodies and baseball caps with a callous disregard for regular shaving? Yeah. Probably. At least, that’s the read of industry insiders. “Now that the stigma of being a criminal in the eyes of the law (at least here in Seattle) is gone, we foresee a gradual increase in consumption, though perhaps in more benign forms like edibles, drinkables, and topicals. They are much more fun and much less threatening since you don't have to engage in the act of smoking,” says Lisa Dank, the media coordinator and web consultant for one Seattle dispensary, North Seattle Med. Co.

Back in Colorado, Ellison says that as of now, the demand for straight-up bud comes from men in their 20s, and they pay for potency. “They want to party and get wasted,” he says. But if customers demand something mellower, the industry will supply it. Ellison predicts that large corporations, such as beer companies, might fill the gap, producing large quantities of midgrade weed: not as flashy as the current Cannabis Cup winners, with their crystals of THC glistening under glamorous lighting, but not as pathetic as ditch weed either. “If the big boys come in and come out with a mid-grade” he says, then that new market will be served.

DaFace 08-29-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 9923890)
Yeah exactly. I don't want to walk into anywhere and buy something called "Mothership Kush Kush" or "Sticky Icky Kine Blast" or something.

I want the Moet Cristal of THC in an elegant wrapper sold at a cigar aficionado shop or capsule form or something before I play golf* because I grew up.

*no not disk golf.

(Again, borrowing from the book I linked earlier...)

Though that SOUNDS nice, some studies have shown that many of the other chemicals in the actual plant may help to "balance out" the experience (especially CBD). Pure THC sounds nice in principle, but you might find that the effects are more hardcore than you're used to without the total package.

the Talking Can 08-29-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9923899)

Though that SOUNDS nice, some studies have shown that many of the other chemicals in the actual plant may help to "balance out" the experience (especially CBD). Pure THC sounds nice in principle, but you might find that the effects are more hardcore than you're used to without the total package.

yup...i only recently learned about the other stuff

Quote:

these terpenes affect the high as well as the sensory experience of smoking. It is called the “entourage effect.” As the industry matures with legalization and gets beyond its THC obsession, says Muraco Kyashna-tocha, director of the Evergreen State Cannabis Trade Alliance, “We'll learn we like the 15 percent THC lemon haze with myrcene way more than the 20 percent THC lemon haze with no myrcene.”

Kiimo 08-29-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9923899)

That's funny once at work back in 06 or so I was at a screening at the MGM screening room and somebody gave me a THC strip. Like the breath strip.

Got done watching the movie and went to drive home.

About half way there I got lost. On the way home. On one street that goes straight from work to home. I was DESTROYED.

So that makes sense.

saphojunkie 08-29-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9923883)
there was an article in slate awhile back about a market for people who don't want super-powered weed...you know, you want to go out to a cool, nice place to socialize and maybe smoke a joint but not take vape hits and turn into spicoli...

basically baby boomers...and there are times when i definitely want the weed equivalent of an after work drink

You just hit the nail on the head.

I don't want to get high. I don't want to get drunk. I want to relax, decompress, and feel good while not losing any of my critical thinking skills.

The clock is ticking for "Green Light" brand weed with "30% less TCH!"

SAUTO 08-29-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9923528)
That's devious and awesome all at the same time.

They do this every couple of Weeks just south of the town I live in. Its hilarious
Posted via Mobile Device

sd4chiefs 08-29-2013 05:50 PM

You can never be sure how strong an edible is when you buy one and they can cost around $5 for just one. You can buy cannabis butter and make your own. A 1/2 a cup cost about $20 dollars. It is so strong you only need two tablespoons to make a batch of 30 cookies. That's works out to 16 cents for a 3 hour high. It can take up to an hour before it kicks in so some people may get impatient and eat a second one after 1/2 an hour and that can make your sick.

I don't sit around stoned all day eating pot cookies. I do not like being stoned when I am around other people or have things to do. I have one about an hour before I go to bed to help me fall asleep. The only side effect is getting the munchies.

Oh, and the sex is amazing.

DaFace 08-29-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9923906)

I don't want to get high. I don't want to get drunk. I want to relax, decompress, and feel good while not losing any of my critical thinking skills.

Honestly, it's not that hard to find what you're looking for already here. It's not like every dispensary has low-THC strains, but you can find it if you are looking for it. An handful of places even do lab testing on all of their stuff and report THC and CBD levels for everything they sell.

Chief Roundup 08-29-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9923906)

Why would you want a lesser quality? That makes no sense at all. Can you not just take a hit or 2 and not smoke the whole joint?

DaFace 08-29-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9924123)
Why would you want a lesser quality? That makes no sense at all. Can you not just take a hit or 2 and not smoke the whole joint?

Why can't you just drink a shot of everclear rather than having a beer?

It's not quite the same of course, but the idea is similar.

Chief Roundup 08-29-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9924131)
Why can't you just drink a shot of everclear rather than having a beer?

It's not quite the same of course, but the idea is similar.

That is exactly what I do. I don't drink beer. I drink whiskey neat, so that I can just have a shot every little bit instead of constantly swilling down beer.

Chief Roundup 08-29-2013 06:32 PM

I don't smoke joints or blunts either. I smoke one hits in a glass chilum or I vape.

DaFace 12-23-2013 08:21 PM

Well, it's official. Retail licenses are in the mail. In a week, any of you will be able to wander into a store in Colorado and walk out with weed. Crazy.

http://www.denverpost.com/marijuana/...ana-businesses

Dayze 12-23-2013 08:29 PM

awesome.
they're 30 years ahead of everyone else.

hometeam 12-23-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10307535)
awesome.
they're 30 years ahead of everyone else.

Im trying to be optimistic and hoping for 5~

Dayze 12-23-2013 08:39 PM

it took Kansas like 25 years to be able to buy beer on Sunday. Kansas are screwed.

TLO 12-23-2013 08:39 PM

So let's say I go visit Colorado. I smoke some weed there, because it's legal. I come back to Missouri, and get randomly drug tested at work. I test positive for marijuana use. But I used it in a situation where it was legal.

Seems like this could cause some issues.

Dayze 12-23-2013 08:42 PM

I would think it would still nail you even if you were in CO if you're employer has a no tolerance program etc

hometeam 12-23-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10307572)
So let's say I go visit Colorado. I some some weed there, because it's legal. I come back to Missouri, and get randomly drug tested. I test positive for marijuana use. But I used it in a situation where it was legal.

The only issue is your SOL.

The law really has no effect on drug testing, even in CO can they still pop you for a piss test and fire your ass.

And as we have discussed on CP many times, in Missouri, you have ABSOLUTELY ZERO rights as an employee. So be prepared to get popped and dropped.

ClevelandBronco 12-23-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10307572)
So let's say I go visit Colorado. I some some weed there, because it's legal. I come back to Missouri, and get randomly drug tested. I test positive for marijuana use. But I used it in a situation where it was legal.

If you get randomly drug tested by your employer, and marijuana is one of the things they're testing for, you'll be fired. If you get randomly drug tested by the courts because you've been ordered to refrain from using marijuana, you will be jailed.

No issues. Those two things are true in Colorado as well.

Shogun 12-23-2013 08:58 PM

Going to visit a cousin in Denver soon and checking out a job prospect. IN!

ClevelandBronco 12-23-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10307506)
Well, it's official. Retail licenses are in the mail. In a week, any of you will be able to wander into a store in Colorado and walk out with weed. Crazy.

http://www.denverpost.com/marijuana/...ana-businesses

City of Denver (among others) doesn't allow onsite smoking, though. It's a bit like legalizing liquor stores and outlawing bars.

-King- 12-23-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 10307723)
City of Denver (among others) doesn't allow onsite smoking, though. It's a bit like legalizing liquor stores and outlawing bars.

Who would want to stay there and smoke anyway? Most people just want to take it home and enjoy it there.

ClevelandBronco 12-23-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10307734)
Who would want to stay there and smoke anyway? Most people just want to take it home and enjoy it there.

Oh, I don't know. Maybe people who live in, say, Denver.

BWillie 12-23-2013 09:46 PM

That decision of Peyton Manning to buy up all the Papa Johns in Denver, 24 hour Papa Johns, was a genius decision ever since pot legalization

Saul Good 12-23-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10307750)
That decision of Peyton Manning to buy up all the Papa Johns in Denver, 24 hour Papa Johns, was a genius decision ever since pot legalization

No one has ever made this joke before.

DaFace 12-23-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10307734)

While I'm sure you're right, there's definitely a bit of an issue with the way it's set up now. You can't smoke anywhere other than private property, so if you're a renter and your landlord doesn't allow it, you technically don't have an option.

Dayze 12-24-2013 09:07 AM

rapes and murders should soar here in a few weeks. And most of the population will have moved on to cocaine, crack, and heroin by the end of march.

Fish 01-03-2014 10:42 AM

OMG! What have we done??

Marijuana Overdoses Kill 37 in Colorado On First Day of Legalization
January 2nd, 2014

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/01/02/m...-legalization/

Cannibal 01-03-2014 10:53 AM

Rainman needs to pick up some kush and spark one up!

jspchief 01-03-2014 11:02 AM

This will be interesting to watch unfold. Other states can sit back and watch before making a decision.

hometeam 01-03-2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10331242)
OMG! What have we done??

Marijuana Overdoses Kill 37 in Colorado On First Day of Legalization
January 2nd, 2014

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/01/02/m...-legalization/

The sad thing is that people will see this, and buy into it.

Mission accomplished for the website I suppose.

hometeam 01-03-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 10331297)
This will be interesting to watch unfold. Other states can sit back and watch before making a decision.

Its a no brainer. Period.

Fish 01-03-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10331302)
The sad thing is that people will see this, and buy into it.

Mission accomplished for the website I suppose.

I bet it's gotten 89,000 forwards on Facebook already by angry old people patting themselves on the back for being right about the devil weed.

jspchief 01-03-2014 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10331304)
Its a no brainer. Period.

We'll see.

Rain Man 01-03-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 10331268)
Rainman needs to pick up some kush and spark one up!

The money is not to be made in consumption. The money is to be made in supply. Rain Man's Rainbow Room will supply only the finest of connoisseur-grade marijuana for the most discerning buyers.

jspchief 01-03-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10331338)
The money is not to be made in consumption. The money is to be made in supply. Rain Man's Rainbow Room will supply only the finest of connoisseur-grade marijuana for the most discerning buyers.

I heard sales topped $1 million in the first day. The economic impact will be interesting.

Rain Man 01-03-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 10331349)
I heard sales topped $1 million in the first day. The economic impact will be interesting.

That's what we're hoping. I'm also curious about whether there'll be a notable culture change. My worry is that if you're an unemployed stoner you're going to come here and make a marijuana store your first stop and social services your second stop.

My initial theories are:

Positive outcomes:

Tax revenues
Prison savings

Negative outcomes

Increase in TANF
Influx of ne'er do wells and their related problems
More traffic crashes
Jerks who smoke it in public and annoy me since I don't like the smell

Note that I'm not saying that all marijuana users are ne'er do wells. I just think that if you are a ne'er do well and you smoke marijuana, Colorado will seem like a good place to come and live.

J Diddy 01-03-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10331377)
That's what we're hoping. I'm also curious about whether there'll be a notable culture change. My worry is that if you're an unemployed stoner you're going to come here and make a marijuana store your first stop and social services your second stop.

My initial theories are:

Positive outcomes:

Tax revenues
Prison savings

Negative outcomes

Increase in TANF
More traffic crashes

Note that I'm not saying that all marijuana users are ne'er do wells. I just think that if you are a ne'er do well and you smoke marijuana, Colorado will seem like a good place to come and live.

It is my understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong, that while it is legal to purchase, it is not legal to smoke in a public place.

Personally, due to the case of it being legal to sell and buy, I think this is where it should be required a drug test for welfare recipients.

J Diddy 01-03-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10331338)

Apricot BMW? Rainbow room?

You sure are a colorful feller.

Rain Man 01-03-2014 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 10331582)
It is my understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong, that while it is legal to purchase, it is not legal to smoke in a public place.

Personally, due to the case of it being legal to sell and buy, I think this is where it should be required a drug test for welfare recipients.

It is illegal to smoke in a public place, but I've already seen it twice now in three days on my walk to work. Stupid young guys who think they're being cool.

The drug testing thing would be a good idea, but if it's legal does it matter?

ThaVirus 01-03-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10331315)
I bet it's gotten 89,000 forwards on Facebook already by angry old people patting themselves on the back for being right about the devil weed.

I've seen it making it's rounds on Facebook in the other light.

You're probably right though. I don't have many old heads or conservatives on my friends list.

philfree 01-03-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 10331582)

So what's a public place? Riding up the ski lift or sitting around the camp fire? I bet there's some federal park rangers about to make an arrest in CO.

Rain Man 01-03-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 10331705)
So what's a public place? Riding up the ski lift or sitting around the camp fire? I bet there's some federal park rangers about to make an arrest in CO.

Any place that's open to the public, which would include the places you mention. You can smoke on your private property, and you even can smoke in public view on your private property. But that's the only place it's allowed.

Some bar tried to get around the law by holding a "private party" at their bar on New Year's. You basically had to request a reservation, which they called an "invitation". They then "invited" you to their "private party".

The thing I find funny is that this bar, and the two doofuses I've seen smoking on the street, are complete and absolute morons. This is a new system, and if you're smart you follow the rules and are polite and respectful of everyone. If you decide that you're going to be a dumba** about it, you're going to cause a backlash and the laws are going to get a lot stricter.

philfree 01-03-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10331744)
Any place that's open to the public, which would include the places you mention. You can smoke on your private property, and you even can smoke in public view on your private property. But that's the only place it's allowed.

Some bar tried to get around the law by holding a "private party" at their bar on New Year's. You basically had to request a reservation, which they called an "invitation". They then "invited" you to their "private party".

The thing I find funny is that this bar, and the two doofuses I've seen smoking on the street, are complete and absolute morons. This is a new system, and if you're smart you follow the rules and are polite and respectful of everyone. If you decide that you're going to be a dumba** about it, you're going to cause a backlash and the laws are going to get a lot stricter.

The laws are still messed up if a person can't sit by his campfire and smoke a doobie.

jiveturkey 01-03-2014 01:19 PM

My company occasionally hire people in CO and I found out this morning that our typical drug screen will still apply there.

I'm guessing that this will be the same for any company that currently does pre-employment drug testing.

hometeam 01-03-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 10331766)
My company occasionally hire people in CO and I found out this morning that our typical drug screen will still apply there.

I'm guessing that this will be the same for any company that currently does pre-employment drug testing.

As long as its illegal on a federal level, no one will have a leg to stand on legally to fight that.

Even if its legal on the federal level, you will still likely see a lengthy court battle before all is said and done on drug testing for legal substances.

SeeingRed 01-03-2014 01:23 PM

Maybe Seattle fans quiet down a bit now...more passive tailgate. Opposing teams should buy out all the brownies and hand people em out in the parking lot for free.

Katipan 01-03-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

When I was growing up the smell of skunk spray never bothered me. In fact, short of a direct blast to the face I kind of like it. It wasn't until I started smoking at... 20?… That I realized why.

I am biologically designed to smoke pot.

philfree 01-03-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeingRed (Post 10331775)
Maybe Seattle fans quiet down a bit now...more passive tailgate. Opposing teams should buy out all the brownies and hand people em out in the parking lot for free.

Those people were already high.

DaFace 01-03-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 10331757)
The laws are still messed up if a person can't sit by his campfire and smoke a doobie.

In many cases, ski lifts and camping sites are on federal land anyway, so it has nothing to do with the Colorado law.

Aside from that, the challenge is finding the delicate balance between allowing people to use it and not annoying others. Those are the things that our state is undoubtedly the guinea pig for and will hopefully eventually find good solutions.

listopencil 01-03-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10331769)
As long as its illegal on a federal level, no one will have a leg to stand on legally to fight that.

Even if its legal on the federal level, you will still likely see a lengthy court battle before all is said and done on drug testing for legal substances.

It will take a cultural change rather than a legal change. If an employer loses out on too much talent because they drug test, they'll stop doing it. I'm fine with that. The Feds have said that they are backing off states where it is being decriminalized to allow the experiment. There will still be specific instances where they will get involved, but the AG stated that the administration wants to see how this pans out.

Saul Good 01-03-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10331829)
In many cases, ski lifts and camping sites are on federal land anyway, so it has nothing to do with the Colorado law.

Aside from that, the challenge is finding the delicate balance between allowing people to use it and not annoying others. Those are the things that our state is undoubtedly the guinea pig for and will hopefully eventually find good solutions.

Technically, none of it has anything to do with Colorado law. It's still a federal crime.

DaFace 01-03-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

My initial theories are:

Positive outcomes:

Tax revenues
Prison savings

Negative outcomes

Increase in TANF
More traffic crashes

Even as a big proponent to this whole thing, this stuff worries me. I'm all for pot tourists coming in and spending money in our state, but I don't want the quality of our workforce to suffer in the long run.

On the other hand, I also believe it's a remote possibility that there are a ton of productive pot smokers out there in the world that we've never heard about because of the obvious social stigma associated with it. Who knows - it's not completely out of the question that many perfectly productive people will be attracted to the state too.

Time will tell.

DaFace 01-03-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10331841)
Technically, none of it has anything to do with Colorado law. It's still a federal crime.

While (obviously) true, I don't know what that adds to the conversation given the feds' statements about how they're approaching this. They've basically said "we'll let state laws fly with some exceptions," and one of those exceptions is federal land.

Katipan 01-03-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10331842)
On the other hand, I also believe it's a remote possibility that there are a ton of productive pot smokers out there in the world that we've never heard about because of the obvious social stigma associated with it. Who knows - it's not completely out of the question that many perfectly productive people will be attracted to the state too.

Time will tell.

There really really are. Everyone from bankers to doctors to lawyers to mechanics to welders to freaking social workers, as is the case with one woman I... um... heard of.

Where I live, there isn't a family here that doesn't have a pot smoker within maybe 2 or 3 degrees of separation. You just only hear about the stupid shits.

listopencil 01-03-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10331876)
There really really are. Everyone from bankers to doctors to lawyers to mechanics to welders to freaking social workers, as is the case with one woman I... um... heard of.

Where I live, there isn't a family here that doesn't have a pot smoker within maybe 2 or 3 degrees of separation. You just only hear about the stupid shits.

I have found this to be true.

hometeam 01-03-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10331832)
It will take a cultural change rather than a legal change. If an employer loses out on too much talent because they drug test, they'll stop doing it. I'm fine with that. The Feds have said that they are backing off states where it is being decriminalized to allow the experiment. There will still be specific instances where they will get involved, but the AG stated that the administration wants to see how this pans out.

Most of the time its built into business insurance policies.

CoMoChief 01-03-2014 02:03 PM

I'm going skiing at Breckenridge in a few weeks with my family.

My first stop? Breckenridge Cannabis Club..literally just 1mi from our condo.

I will take pics...if they let me.

listopencil 01-03-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10331887)
Most of the time its built into business insurance policies.

True:

One of the ways a business may be able to save workers' compensation premium dollars is through the establishment of a drug-free workplace policy. In fact, if your company intends to receive federal projects or grants, a drug-free workplace policy is mandatory since the implementation of the Drug-free Workplace Act in 1988. Many states (including mine) have passed similar laws with regard to state projects and grants. Also, employers can face significant administrative and civil penalties for damage and injuries caused by impaired employees. So, a drug-free workplace policy just makes sense.

http://businessinsure.about.com/od/w...a/wcdiscdf.htm

DaFace 01-03-2014 02:11 PM

Heh...in looking around just now, apparently the Denver Post now has a completely separate website specifically for weed news.

http://www.thecannabist.co/

CoMoChief 01-03-2014 02:12 PM

I want to move to Denver....minus the Donk fans, it's a great city.

Demonpenz 01-03-2014 02:13 PM

need a cheech and chong reboot.

Discuss Thrower 01-03-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10331921)
Heh...in looking around just now, apparently the Denver Post now has a completely separate website specifically for weed news.

Bump begins furiously updating his resume....

listopencil 01-03-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10331921)

If you're going to Saint Elmo, Colorado
Be sure to wear some orange in your hair
If you're going to Saint Elmo, Colorado
You're gonna meet some goofy people there

For those who come to Saint Elmo, Colorado
Summertime will be a smoke-in there
In the streets of Saint Elmo, Colorado
Goofy people with orange in their hair