ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Teos made up gf (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268978)

tboss27 01-16-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9327073)
Dude the odds that a 21 year old Mormon virgin who has been sheltered his entire life was duped by 21st century Catfishing vs. the odds that he masterminded a fantastic hoax to somehow win more credit despite being the #1 player on the most famous football team in America is just... less than damning.

I'm on the "duped" bandwagon. The "in on the hoax" thing just makes no ****ing sense.

Did you read the article posted above from Outkick the Coverage? I was starting to think maybe he's just that dumb too, but that's a whole new level of dumb. If you break it down, nobody with the ability to make it into Notre Dame should be that stupid. The girl had a car crash, leukemia, etc, and he never had a Skype chat with her in the time she was dying to see that she was losing strength, hair, weight, etc? Did the people who orchestrated this go to the trouble of staying on the phone for 8 hours a night, pretending to be struggling for breath? He'd obviously seen her picture at least, he didn't one time ask to have a live chat with her? I just can't get past how gullible he'd have to be to get fooled by something like this, it makes more sense to me that he made it up because he's gay, wanted attention, etc.

notorious 01-16-2013 10:43 PM

Whatever it takes to push this guy out of our radar screen in the draft, unless it is late rounds, of course.

KC native 01-16-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9327100)
So the "brother"/hoaxer decides to call him the same day his Grandma dies? Seems fishy... unless someone is just that cruel for no reason

youmustbenewhere.jpg

and

welcometotheinternet.jpg

KC native 01-16-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tboss27 (Post 9327111)
Did you read the article posted above from Outkick the Coverage? I was starting to think maybe he's just that dumb too, but that's a whole new level of dumb. If you break it down, nobody with the ability to make it into Notre Dame should be that stupid. The girl had a car crash, leukemia, etc, and he never had a Skype chat with her in the time she was dying to see that she was losing strength, hair, weight, etc? Did the people who orchestrated this go to the trouble of staying on the phone for 8 hours a night, pretending to be struggling for breath? He'd obviously seen her picture at least, he didn't one time ask to have a live chat with her? I just can't get past how gullible he'd have to be to get fooled by something like this, it makes more sense to me that he made it up because he's gay, wanted attention, etc.

Maybe she told him she didn't have a web cam. I don't have one and have never skyped.

KC native 01-16-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9327113)
Whatever it takes to push this guy out of our radar screen in the draft, unless it is late rounds, of course.

This. I'm tired of dumbass KC fans that want to take anything other than a qb with the #1 pick.

In58men 01-16-2013 10:46 PM

Manti T'eo just changed his Facebook status to "it's complicated".

Pants 01-16-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Did you read the article posted above from Outkick the Coverage? I was starting to think maybe he's just that dumb too, but that's a whole new level of dumb. If you break it down, nobody with the ability to make it into Notre Dame should be that stupid. The girl had a car crash, leukemia, etc, and he never had a Skype chat with her in the time she was dying to see that she was losing strength, hair, weight, etc? I just can't get past how gullible he'd have to be to get fooled by something like this, it makes more sense to me that he made it up because he's gay, wanted attention, etc.

That same article quotes other articles discussing Manti meeting the made up girlfriend. I don't think it's even a question at this point whether Manti was duped or not. Manti, along with his family and the school were duping everyone else. It's really sad, actually.

ClevelandBronco 01-16-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9327100)
So the "brother"/hoaxer decides to call him the same day his Grandma dies? Seems fishy... unless someone is just that cruel for no reason

Saban. That's all I'm saying.

The Franchise 01-16-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Street smarts vs. Book smarts.

AndChiefs 01-16-2013 10:48 PM

This is probably the most ridiculous story I've ever heard of.

tboss27 01-16-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9327120)
Maybe she told him she didn't have a web cam. I don't have one and have never skyped.

Maybe, but it all just seems too fishy for me. We're talking about a guy who I'm sure was worshiped by every beautiful girl at one of the biggest football schools in the country. I just can't wrap my head around him spending years in a "relationship" where he hasn't even skyped with the girl. It's not like he is some no life, shut in, living in his parents basement type of person.

notorious 01-16-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tboss27 (Post 9327136)
Maybe, but it all just seems too fishy for me. We're talking about a guy who I'm sure was worshiped at one of the biggest football schools in the country. I just can't wrap my head around him spending years in a "relationship" where he hasn't even skyped with the girl. It's not like he is some no life, shut in, living in his parents basement type of person.

Small penis?

Pants 01-16-2013 10:51 PM

There are no maybes, IMO. There are accounts of Manti actually meeting this made-up girlfriend. Where did those accounts come from? Who was lying to the media?

KC native 01-16-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Maybe, but it all just seems too fishy for me. We're talking about a guy who I'm sure was worshiped at one of the biggest football schools in the country. I just can't wrap my head around him spending years in a "relationship" where he hasn't even skyped with the girl. It's not like he is some no life, shut in, living in his parents basement type of person.

Maybe he was knocking out broads on the low while keeping a gf.

My first 2 years of college, I had my high school gf that I was with and I was knocking out broads at school. He may have thought he was being a player.

DaneMcCloud 01-16-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9327127)
That same article quotes other articles discussing Manti meeting the made up girlfriend. I don't think it's even a question at this point whether Manti was duped or not. Manti, along with his family and the school were duping everyone else. It's really sad, actually.

What a second: Is it being reported that the hoaxster actually sent a girl to Hawaii to pretend to be his "girlfriend"?

This reminds of a story involving people I knew in junior high and high school.

And it did not end well.

For anyone.

Pants 01-16-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9327147)
What a second: Is it being reported that the hoaxster actually sent a girl to Hawaii to pretend to be his "girlfriend"?

And it did not end well.

For anyone.

I don't know what people are saying. It's obvious they're not reading the articles, though.

tk13 01-16-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9327089)
Deadspin is now the most trusted name in all sports media. Wow.
Posted via Mobile Device

He's right in that I was shocked to see ESPN credit Deadspin. They are always hammering ESPN about everything, especially about things ESPN does to make themselves look good, like breaking stories, etc.

Saccopoo 01-16-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9327147)

And it did not end well.

For anyone.

Weren't you originally a Blue Valley guy?

tboss27 01-16-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9327145)
Maybe he was knocking out broads on the low while keeping a gf.

My first 2 years of college, I had my high school gf that I was with and I was knocking out broads at school. He may have thought he was being a player.

I guess I could see that. Still, seems like he put a ton of effort into a "relationship", at least according to him, with a person he'd never actually seen. And it's not like he's got lots of time to be doing this either, the guy has class, practice, film study, weight room, etc. But not enough effort to visit her in all the time she was sick/dying. Weird

DaWolf 01-16-2013 10:54 PM

Watch us draft this dumbass in round 2...

DaneMcCloud 01-16-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9327157)
Weren't you originally a Blue Valley guy?

No, not Blue Valley

Pants 01-16-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tboss27 (Post 9327158)
I guess I could see that. Still, seems like he put a ton of effort into a "relationship", at least according to him, with a person he'd never actually seen. And it's not like he's got lots of time to be doing this either, the guy has class, practice, film study, weight room, etc. But not enough effort to visit her in all the time she was sick/dying. Weird

"Lennay Kekua was a Stanford student and Cardinal football fan when the two exchanged glances, handshakes and phone numbers that fateful weekend three seasons ago.

She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them.

The plan was for Kekua to spend extensive time with the whole Te'o family when upwards of 40 of them came to South Bend in mid-November for ND's Senior Day date with Wake Forest.

'They started out as just friends,' Brian Te'o said. 'Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple. And we came to the realization that she could be our daughter-in-law. Sadly, it won't happen now.'"

FloridaMan88 01-16-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9327003)
Jason Whitlock ‏@WhitlockJason
Hearing that Joe Posnanski has agreed to write Manti Te'o biography.

ROFL Posnanski is hiding under a desk at the obscure website he works for now writing his annual "Why the Royals will win the AL Central" column.

The Franchise 01-16-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe_Camel (Post 9326859)
WTF?
Reagan Mauia, an Arizona Cardinals fullback, said he believes Kekua existed because he met her in person when he and other Polynesian teammates and Pittsburgh Steelers star Troy Polamalu went to do charity work in American Samoa in June 2011.

"This was before her and Manti," Mauia said Wednesday evening. "I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was -- I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa."

Mauia said Tuiasosopo -- whom Mauia believes is Kekua's cousin -- introduced the two. After the initial meeting, Mauia said he met her at an "after-party" for all of the athletes involved in the camp.

"She was tall," he said. "Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model ... "

He said it is his understanding that Kekua's mother is operating her Twitter account. He said he'd never met her mother. When told by a reporter that she apparently might not have existed, Mauia said: "No, she is real."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...pparently-hoax

See above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9327164)
"Lennay Kekua was a Stanford student and Cardinal football fan when the two exchanged glances, handshakes and phone numbers that fateful weekend three seasons ago.

She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them.

The plan was for Kekua to spend extensive time with the whole Te'o family when upwards of 40 of them came to South Bend in mid-November for ND's Senior Day date with Wake Forest.

'They started out as just friends,' Brian Te'o said. 'Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple. And we came to the realization that she could be our daughter-in-law. Sadly, it won't happen now.'"

DaneMcCloud 01-16-2013 10:59 PM

Wow, so these pranksters may have just been ****ing with Te'o and his family? Created an elaborate story about a girl, set her up with him, only for it all to be a gigantic prank?

Is that the latest spin?

KC native 01-16-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9327150)
I don't know what people are saying. It's obvious they're not reading the articles, though.

It could be a case of him being duped and saying the things he thinks people wanted to hear.

I've known a lot of guys who have lied their ass off about women and women related for long time. So it's not like it's unprecedented.

Pants 01-16-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9327171)
See above.

I saw that. So the girl does/did actually exist? Manti had actually met her? It wasn't a strictly online thing? I'm so confused.

chuxtrux 01-16-2013 10:59 PM

Reminds me of this wrestling clip <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kujo7V9m0gk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

aturnis 01-16-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Maybe, but it all just seems too fishy for me. We're talking about a guy who I'm sure was worshiped by every beautiful girl at one of the biggest football schools in the country. I just can't wrap my head around him spending years in a "relationship" where he hasn't even skyped with the girl. It's not like he is some no life, shut in, living in his parents basement type of person.

No not maybe. Didn't she supposedly have a phone? Yes? Okay, you know for a god damned fact it would have had a forward facing camera for Skype.

DaneMcCloud 01-16-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9327180)
I saw that. So the girl does/did actually exist? Manti had actually met her? It wasn't a strictly online thing? I'm so confused.

I read as she was essentially an actress. He was being punked all along.

The Franchise 01-16-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9327178)
Wow, so these pranksters may have just been ****ing with Te'o and his family? Created an elaborate story about a girl, set her up with him, only for it all to be a gigantic prank?

Is that the latest spin?

It's being tossed around that it possibly couldve been blackmail.

Pants 01-16-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9327179)
It could be a case of him being duped and saying the things he thinks people wanted to hear.

I've known a lot of guys who have lied their ass off about women and women related for long time. So it's not like it's unprecedented.

So you're saying he might have been duped and his father came up with a story about them meeting IRL?

tk13 01-16-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Is that the latest spin?

That is what Notre Dame's side of the story is, for the most part.

KC native 01-16-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Is that the latest spin?

If the hoax was carried out by multiple people, they were probably going to try and extort him later to prevent his story from being revealed. Unfortunately for the hoaxers, Deadspin beat them to it.

*this is only if it is indeed a hoax carried out by others. I'm not ruling out that Manti could be involved.

Saccopoo 01-16-2013 11:02 PM

What a ****ing mess.

This is why I don't internet date and don't own a cell phone.

splatbass 01-16-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Did you read the article posted above from Outkick the Coverage?

That article failed the minute it assumed he was a "horny college student" and based his argument on that.

Has he never met a Mormon? They don't drink, they don't smoke, they don't ingest caffeine, and they don't have casual sex.

Dylan 01-16-2013 11:03 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HKDus7QjJ_w?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jesus, Oprah's couch is getting crowded!

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2028103/teo.gif

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-16-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9327107)
Have you met the human race? People are ****ing cruel as hell.

Yeah. I know. But still. Seems like a catfisher would use it as an opportunity to get closer. I don't think this would be the normal response. Then again, neither would pissing on his grandmother's grave.

Really, I just want this to be a scam

KC native 01-16-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9327187)
So you're saying he might have been duped and his father came up with a story about them meeting IRL?

Possibly. Manti could have told his father they met (a la boyz in tha hood when trey lies to his pops) and his father repeated and expounded on it.

splatbass 01-16-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Maybe, but it all just seems too fishy for me. We're talking about a guy who I'm sure was worshiped by every beautiful girl at one of the biggest football schools in the country.

A Mormon. Likely a virgin and not looking to change that.

Saccopoo 01-16-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9327194)
That article failed the minute it assumed he was a "horny college student" and based his argument on that.

Has he never met a Mormon? They don't drink, they don't smoke, they don't ingest caffeine, and they don't have casual sex.

Really?

I'm pretty ****ed then.

splatbass 01-16-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9327180)

It appears there was a girl he talked to on the phone (his father did too), but it wasn't who she claimed to be.

splatbass 01-16-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9327205)
Really?

I'm pretty ****ed then.

You are, but what does that have to do with this discussion?

I don't know if you are a Mormon or like that if you are, but I know we have a Mormon college in Teo's hometown (BYU-Hawaii) and it is the last college around that I would go to if I was trying to get laid by a college girl.

tboss27 01-16-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9327194)

I agree, it had a lot of things in it that were just trying to get a laugh. But it also made some very good points about the hoops people would have had to jump through to pull this off.

Pants 01-16-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9327210)
It appears there was a girl he talked to on the phone (his father did too), but it wasn't who she claimed to be.

It also appears someone was lying about meeting the girl and then having her visit Hawaii multiple times.

ClevelandBronco 01-16-2013 11:12 PM

I don't see the opportunity for blackmail. What's the angle supposed to be in that scenario?

Demonpenz 01-16-2013 11:12 PM

this story is starting to be boring because he seems so dumb

Dylan 01-16-2013 11:13 PM

Reagan Mauia, a fullback on the Arizona Cardinals, has added another layer to the impossible-to-believe Manti Te’o fake girlfriend/hoax story. He talked to ESPN:

Quote:

“This was before her and Manti,” Mauia said Wednesday evening. “I don’t think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was — I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa.”

Mauia said Tuiasosopo — whom Mauia believes is Kekua’s cousin — introduced the two. After the initial meeting, Mauia said he met her at an “after-party” for all of the athletes involved in the camp.

“She was tall,” he said. “Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model … ”

He said it is his understanding that Kekua’s mother is operating her Twitter account. He said he’d never met her mother. When told by a reporter that she apparently might not have existed, Mauia said “No, she is real.”
http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...-have-met-her/

LOL. Talk about jumping in where wise men fear to tread.

Saccopoo 01-16-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9327212)
You are, but what does that have to do with this discussion?

I don't know if you are a Mormon or like that if you are, but I know we have a Mormon college in Teo's hometown (BYU-Hawaii) and it is the last college around that I would go to if I was trying to get laid by a college girl.

Sad for you.

My god I love Mormon girls.

You have no idea.

splatbass 01-16-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9327222)
It also appears someone was lying about meeting the girl and then having her visit Hawaii multiple times.

Yes, he lied about the girl. But it may have just been to his father. Certainly a young college guy might have not wanted to tell his father he only knew his girlfriend online.

I'm sure he wouldn't be the first college kid to lie to his parents. ;)

The Franchise 01-16-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9327226)
I don't see the opportunity for blackmail. What's the angle supposed to be in that scenario?

Heisman finalist who is guaranteed to be drafted in the 1st round plus get money from sponsors. Pay us money or we bust this whole thing wide open.

KC native 01-16-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9327226)

"Give me money or I show everyone how big of a dumbass you were and that your Heisman hype campaign was based on lies."

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-16-2013 11:17 PM

The whole time that he is being duped he's talking to this girl so much and so often that they fall asleep on the phone at night...

Who is going to devote hours upon hours of phone conversations for this?

What does Occam's Razor suggest?

ClevelandBronco 01-16-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9327234)
Heisman finalist who is guaranteed to be drafted in the 1st round plus get money from sponsors. Pay us money or we bust this whole thing wide open.

But bust what wide open? That he was fooled by a small but well-orchestrated gang of grifters? There's no shame in that, and consequently no opportunity for blackmail.

KC native 01-16-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9327239)
The whole time that he is being duped he's talking to this girl so much and so often that they fall asleep on the phone at night...

Some ratchet ass bitch looking for a big payday. :shrug:

O.city 01-16-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

I'll take

That he's full of shit for 2000?

tk13 01-16-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Not to mention that there have to be phone records of this that exist.

O.city 01-16-2013 11:19 PM

Seems if it is that he's lying, it's gonna get real bad when people start digging into it and find out what really happened.

Should have just fessed up and moved on.

KC native 01-16-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9327240)
But bust what wide open? That he was fooled by a small but well-orchestrated gang of grifters? There's no shame in that, and consequently no opportunity for blackmail.

He probably wouldn't want the perception that he was ****ing reeruned or that his Heisman campaign was built upon a lie.

I realize that you're about as smart as Te'o (if the hoax things is true, regardless you're a ****ing dumbass) but pride and ego make people do strange things.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-16-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9327244)
I'll take

That he's full of shit for 2000?

Exactly.

Think about the number of people that would have to participate in this conspiracy for it to even work. On top of that, reconcile his past statements with his supposed admission. They are rife with factual contradictions.

The mere fact that this is even being discussed as a potential hoax is insulting--the kid obviously lied, let the lie grow and get away from him, and now he has to face the consequences.

I fail to see the difference between this story and the story of the kid who held a press conference to sign with Cal, only for it to come out that he was never a recruit, lied about it, and let the lie get away from him.

tk13 01-16-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9327247)
Seems if it is that he's lying, it's gonna get real bad when people start digging into it and find out what really happened.

Should have just fessed up and moved on.

Not just him, but the Notre Dame AD held an hour long press conference tonight defending the guy. He just completely stuck his neck out, he better be right.

splatbass 01-16-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9327231)
Sad for you.

My god I love Mormon girls.

You have no idea.

Most college towns are party towns. Laie is not a party town in any way. I don't think there is even a bar there.

Discuss Thrower 01-16-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

His agent?

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-16-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9327257)
His agent?

Is going to talk him to sleep every night?

ClevelandBronco 01-16-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9327249)
He probably wouldn't want the perception that he was ****ing reeruned or that his Heisman campaign was built upon a lie.

I realize that you're about as smart as Te'o (if the hoax things is true, regardless you're a ****ing dumbass) but pride and ego make people do strange things.

Maybe, but I still don't get why that that would be embarrassing to him. In the blackmail scenario, the lies would all be someone else's lies, yes? Why would that be worth a dollar bill to him?

Demonpenz 01-16-2013 11:23 PM

Notre Dame always has weird shit going on. What about that guy who faked his resume to coach there?

Discuss Thrower 01-16-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9327259)
Is going to talk him to sleep every night?

Who am I to judge their relationship mang?

O.city 01-16-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9327250)
Exactly.

Think about the number of people that would have to participate in this conspiracy for it to even work. On top of that, reconcile his past statements with his supposed admission. They are rife with factual contradictions.

The mere fact that this is even being discussed as a potential hoax is insulting--the kid obviously lied, let the lie grow and get away from him, and now he has to face the consequences.

I fail to see the difference between this story and the story of the kid who held a press conference to sign with Cal, only for it to come out that he was never a recruit, lied about it, and let the lie get away from him.

It just doesn't make sense. Either way, he's lied. Alot. Either you met here and all this etc, or you didn't and you lied about that.

KC native 01-16-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Exactly.

I would bet one person could pull it off. Look at the bitch that pulled the wool over Dirk Nowitzki's eyes.

http://digitalunix.hubpages.com/hub/Crystal-Taylor

ClevelandBronco 01-16-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Exactly.

This is really the only way it makes sense to me.

O.city 01-16-2013 11:26 PM

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during his interviews at the combine.

"So, you just ran a slower 40 than we'd hoped, and apparently you ****ed your hand thinking it was a girl, who you then told everyone died".

WTF? Do they think we are this stupid?

It seems fairly easy to figure out. Did you ever meet this girl face to face? No, why did you say you did?

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-16-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9327270)
I'd love to be a fly on the wall during his interviews at the combine.

"So, you just ran a slower 40 than we'd hoped, and apparently you ****ed your hand thinking it was a girl, who you then told everyone died".

WTF? Do they think we are this stupid?

It seems fairly easy to figure out. Did you ever meet this girl face to face? No, why did you say you did?

I think it'd be hilarious to interview him, but I wouldn't have my scouts do it, I'd bring in Gunnery Sgt. Hartman.

hometeam 01-16-2013 11:31 PM

If he was gay why wouldn't he do like most gay people do before they come out, and date women?

Has to be the sympathy angle. Geno wouldn't do this!

O.city 01-16-2013 11:32 PM

I know it doesn't have anything to do with FB, but if this comes out to be what it looks to me like it is, does he even get drafted?

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-16-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9327284)
I know it doesn't have anything to do with FB, but if this comes out to be what it looks to me like it is, does he even get drafted?

Yeah. Too many sociopaths in NFL personnel departments.

Dylan 01-16-2013 11:35 PM

From Deadspin:
Quote:

"Manti and Ronaiah are family," she said, "or at least family friends." She told us that the Tuiasosopos had been on-field guests (of Te'o or someone else, she didn't know) for the Nov. 24 Notre Dame-USC game in Los Angeles. USC was unable to confirm this, but a tweet from Tuiasosopo's since-deleted account suggests he and Te'o did see each other on that West Coast trip. "Great night with my bro @MTeo_5! #Heisman #574L," Ronaiah tweeted on Nov. 23, the night before the game.

And there was something else: Tuiasosopo had been in a car accident a month before Lennay's supposed accident.

Was this Lennay Kekua? We spoke with friends and relatives of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo who asserted that Ronaiah was the man behind Lennay. He created Lennay in 2008, one source said.
Very detailed reporting: http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-te...ason-is-a-hoax

The only logical explanation is that Te'o and Tuiasosopo are lovers - and I certainly do not care if Manti is or is not gay.

hometeam 01-16-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9327284)

Of course. Someone will take a shot. Look at Houston~ This is definitely more ****ed up, but I bet he doesn't make it past 3 at the very worst.

tk13 01-16-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9327289)
Yeah. Too many sociopaths in NFL personnel departments.

Certainly possible. ***** pretended to have a QB for 4 years, and that was a hoax.

jspchief 01-16-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9327120)

Think you might have one if you had a girlfriend for 4 years that you had never seen?

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 9327294)
From Deadspin:

Very detailed reporting: http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-te...ason-is-a-hoax

The only logical explanation is that Te'o and Tuiasosopo are lovers - and I certainly do not care if Manti is or is not gay.

that's the simplest explanation, to me...