ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert just called 610. Wants to stay in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269183)

SPchief 01-22-2013 03:44 PM

Blackbob sure shut up rather quickly

J Diddy 01-22-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9342104)
I say we sign Albert then move him to guard. Trade Bowe to the Rams for their #16. With #1 we take Joeckel. Package #16 and #34 to move up and take Warmack.

Joeckel, Albert, Warmack, Winston. Trade next year's #1 for Max Unger and plug him in at center. Then trade our next four #1s for Alex Smith (two to SF for him) Manti Te'o (to move back into the first and take him) and the BFBA.

Championship.

When I was reading this an image of John Madden and his telestrator explaining it all to me popped in my head. Except after championship he said "boom."

J Diddy 01-22-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 9342144)
Blackbob sure shut up rather quickly

Maybe not Blackbob.

Maybe Silentbob.

DeezNutz 01-22-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9342126)
Another factor to keep in mind is that the Chiefs don't know how to win.

I don't believe in this concept, often noted by coaches, at all. It's rhetorical, fabricated bullshit along the same lines as "the right 53."

When a team gets talent and competent coaching, it magically "learns how to win."

ChiefsCountry 01-22-2013 03:53 PM

Doing some research on BlackBob and Rambozo, both of their IP's come from Georgia. One came from Elljay, GA the other Alpharetta, GA.

keg in kc 01-22-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9342152)
I don't believe in this concept, often noted by coaches, at all. It's rhetorical, fabricated bullshit along the same lines as "the right 53."

When a team gets talent and competent coaching, it magically "learns how to win."

I actually do believe in that. People get used to losing. They start to expect it. I think attitude can have a lot to do with success, and expecting things to go badly often leads to things going badly. It's a momentum thing, once the snowball gets rolling. And I think we've been a team for a long time that always expects the other shoe to drop.

I also think the team is (and has been, since 1999) in dire need of a turn-around in culture. They've never been a team that can physically go out and just beat somebody, not even during vermeil's best years.

And I don't know that it's had a real face-of-the-franchise leader in all that time either. Trent Green was probably the closest.

Rambozo 01-22-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9342140)
Mike Mayock and others have been saying that about Geno on NFLN today.

He does most of the time but, so do Nassib and Dysert. Wilson and Barkley are way ahead in that area. I haven't watched enough of Glennon to know.

Geno is a high prospect because he has all of the tools to be good. He might be better than Wilson but, Wilson is NFL ready.

If you watch film on Geno, he does make one read most of the time. I'm sure someone will make a gif of him making more than one if they haven't already but he consistantly makes only one read.

Maybe it's Geno and maybe it's the offense? I don't know? What I do know is that unlike Dysert and Nassib, I don't think it will hurt Geno's stock because he has the tools.

Just saying... that's what I saw when I watched the film.

DeezNutz 01-22-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9342166)
I actually do believe in that. People get used to losing. They start to expect it. I think attitude can have a lot to do with success, and expecting things to go badly often leads to things going badly. It's a momentum thing, once the snowball gets rolling. And I think we've been a team for a long time that always expects the other shoe to drop.

I also think the team is (and has been, since 1999) in dire need of a turn-around in culture. They've never been a team that can physically go out and just beat somebody, not even during vermeil's best years.

And I don't know that it's had a real face-of-the-franchise leader in all that time either. Trent Green was probably the closest.

They haven't had competent, complete coaching since the Marty years, but there were parts of Grandpa's teams that could physically beat the shit out of just about anyone in the league--such beautiful offensive line play during those years...

This team needs leadership. Under the new structuring, that begins in the HC's office, and I believe Reid will provide that. Next, we have to get a QB.

Don't mistake "culture" for a rudderless ship, as this organization has been for a long time now. It's less about culture and more about gross incompetence.

Rambozo 01-22-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9342162)
Doing some research on BlackBob and Rambozo, both of their IP's come from Georgia. One came from Elljay, GA the other Alpharetta, GA.

I am in Georgia but I'm not in either of those places LMAO

You guys really hate that guy don't you?

ChiefsCountry 01-22-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9342176)

Thats funny when you post at night your IP address is almost exactly indentical to BlackBob.

You have been outed douche.

RunKC 01-22-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

And he's absolutely right about that.

Chief3188 01-22-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimdagreat (Post 9341839)
what are you stupid? I didn't say Luke Joeckel would come off the bench, Winston would, or move him to guard. I know you guys remember the days when KC had the best OL in football, since there's no QB at the top and Jarvis Jones doesn't fill a need for us why not build the best OL in football again?

I see your location is New Orleans. I also live in New Orleans. I would be much obliged if you would give me your address or your place of business so that I might have the privilege of kicking your ass between your shoulder blades. Thank you kindly in advance.

RealSNR 01-22-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9342126)
I have to strongly disagree with this statement.

The Colts, after going 2-14, turned in an 11-5 season and a playoff berth. They have Reggie Wayne, Vontae Davis, Dwight Freeney (on the downside of his career but still a factor), Pat Angerer, Robert Mathis, Donnie Avery and a shit ton of very promising young players in Anthony Costanzo, T.Y. Hilton, Vick Ballard, Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen.

We're talking about players ALREADY on the roster just before the 2012 draft. I was specific when I said before the rebuilds happened, these teams had nothing. In which case you have to remove Davis, Avery, Hilton, Ballard, Fleener, and Allen from that list. Costanzo was pretty bad his rookie year (though certainly not his fault) and could be compared to Dontari Poe only on the offensive line. And Pat Angerer was garbage and is still garbage.

Quote:

See above. I still find it highly unlikely that the Chiefs will have a record of 11-5 or better, regardless of which QB is taken at #1 overall. There are holes, gaping holes, at CB, Safety, ILB and QB and depth is needed all throughout the defensive side of the ball.

Another factor to keep in mind is that the Chiefs don't know how to win. The majority of this roster consists of guys that have played on exactly one winning team in five seasons and zero playoff wins.

It is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early to predict a winning season when there have been no offseason moves, let alone, the draft.

The Chiefs have a long, long way to go.
Again, I said IF the Chiefs hit on their QB. I'm not predicting playoffs next year or anything, but we're going to see that rebuild take far less time if or when a real QB is acquired.

The most GLARING hole is starting CB. We can find our solution to that in the draft in the 2nd round and beyond most likely. One or two other starters on defense can also be taken in this draft for us.

Just with those changes, we're not exactly a complete team either, but we're certainly not the 2012 Colts or the 2011 Panthers. If we draft as well as the Colts did in 2012 (and that includes hitting on our QB at #1), we make a huge leap.

keg in kc 01-22-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9342172)
They haven't had competent, complete coaching since the Marty years, but there were parts of Grandpa's teams that could physically beat the shit out of just about anyone in the league--such beautiful offensive line play during those years...

That was still a finesse line. Put them in 3rd and short late in a game and they'd try to run a sweep or misdirection. Even with those hall of famers they had a hard time just pushing somebody off the line (although a lot of that was the center, Wiegmann was always 50 pounds lighter than the guy in his face). Which is not something I have any problem with at all - I far prefer that to Martyocre-style football. But it's a part of the character of the team for the last 15 years as a whole: they don't usually just line up and physically beat someone. It happens from time-to-time (we all remember the Ravens game where Ray was crying his eyes out because of the way Shields was pounding him) but not often.

Anyway, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm only saying I think you're devaluing part of the equation. There's a lot of things wrong here, and I think there's an intangible problem to go along with the talent and coaching. And maybe it's in no small part a product of that, but it's there nonetheless.

CaliforniaChief 01-22-2013 04:13 PM

I just listened to the phone call on 610's website.

If that wasn't clear, I don't know what is. If he didn't want to be here, that call never would have happened. He made it clear that he wants to be a left tackle and that anyone who knows anything about football knows he's a left tackle. Agreed. Basically, it was the beginning of the negotiations between the Chiefs and Albert.

He sounds like he's ready to beast. Loved it.

keg in kc 01-22-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9342195)
And he's absolutely right about that.

If by right you mean wrong, then yes, yes he is.

DeezNutz 01-22-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9342201)
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm only saying I think you're devaluing part of the equation.

Perhaps so.

True leaders, unquestionably, carry a presence and have a swagger about them, even if the latter is generally understated. That's been missing in KC for, well, damn near forever.

I think people are ascribing a "winning culture" to the unavoidable byproduct of high-quality leadership.

RunKC 01-22-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9342205)
If by right you mean wrong, then yes, yes he is.

:doh!:

DeezNutz 01-22-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Don't need to watch much of the Pinstripe Bowl, what's being used as damning evidence against Geno, to realize that claims that Smith doesn't go through progressions are complete bullshit.

htismaqe 01-22-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9342176)

You shouldn't talk about yourself in the 3rd person. Bob Dole has a patent on that.

You really are pathetic, you know that don't you?

Chief Roundup 01-22-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9342215)
Don't need to watch much of the Pinstripe Bowl, what's being used as damning evidence against Geno, to realize that claims that Smith doesn't go through progressions are complete bullshit.

Mayock was talking from a list of notes about each of Geno's game, mentioning a game and then his notes about Geno's performance in that game. It was a regularity according to Mayock. Mayock's take was 1st round talent that is very inconsistent and usually doesn't make more than 1 read.

ChiefsCountry 01-22-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9342218)
You shouldn't talk about yourself in the 3rd person. Bob Dole has a patent on that.

You really are pathetic, you know that don't you?

Its BlackDouche. His night time IPs match very very close.

RunKC 01-22-2013 04:25 PM

Great day for the Chiefs. Wilson says he would love playing for us and Albert is fine and wants to stay.

Oh and look who the Chargers are scouting!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBPpplLCMAA-Qd4.jpg:large

LMAO

Sorter 01-22-2013 04:26 PM

take Landry Sd. You'll be sooooo happy.

htismaqe 01-22-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9342220)
Mayock was talking from a list of notes about each of Geno's game, mentioning a game and then his notes about Geno's performance in that game. It was a regularity according to Mayock. Mayock's take was 1st round talent that is very inconsistent and usually doesn't make more than 1 read.

That doesn't mean he CAN'T.

You do realize that Robert Griffin and Cam Newton rarely make more than one read, right?

Molitoth 01-22-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Wilson says he would love playing for us
Of course he did. This would mean he gets drafted #1 overall and gets a nice payday.

J Diddy 01-22-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9342220)

Well then it's settled. We should definitely use the 1st overall pick to select an inconsistent quarterback who usually makes 1 read. I suspect a huge upgrade.

BigMeatballDave 01-22-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9342233)
Well then it's settled. We should definitely use the 1st overall pick to select an inconsistent quarterback who usually makes 1 read. I suspect a huge upgrade.

:spock:

Chief Roundup 01-22-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9342228)
That doesn't mean he CAN'T.

You do realize that Robert Griffin and Cam Newton rarely make more than one read, right?

I am not saying he can or he can't.
All of the hype that has been surrounding Geno by several of the planeteers makes everyone pay more attention to any and everything said reguarding him.

htismaqe 01-22-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9342241)
I am not saying he can or he can't.
All of the hype that has been surrounding Geno by several of the planeteers makes everyone pay more attention to any and everything said reguarding him.

People keep acting like the "hype" happened spontaneously.

It didn't.

gblowfish 01-22-2013 04:41 PM

Sign Fat Albert, Bowe and Colquitt. No reason to replace any of them. Show them the money.

Chief Roundup 01-22-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9342246)
People keep acting like the "hype" happened spontaneously.

It didn't.

Part of that "hype" is a poster just passing along information and any number of posters generally act like that poster hates Geno or that they are just an idiot. But yet more and more of the info coming out is not as positive as the Genobators and others have either presented it or hoped it would be. Like me. I am also disappointed that Geno is not attending the Senior Bowl.

royr17 01-22-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9342223)
Great day for the Chiefs. Wilson says he would love playing for us and Albert is fine and wants to stay.

Oh and look who the Chargers are scouting!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBPpplLCMAA-Qd4.jpg:large

LMAO

Who is the chargers meeting with ?

htismaqe 01-22-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9342254)
Part of that "hype" is a poster just passing along information and any number of posters generally act like that poster hates Geno or that they are just an idiot. But yet more and more of the info coming out is not as positive as the Genobators and others have either presented it or hoped it would be. Like me. I am also disappointed that Geno is not attending the Senior Bowl.

Almost all of that hype is generated because people that at one time were very objective about Geno go tried of hearing the comparisons to Jamarcus Russell and Vince Young.

90% of the anti-Geno stuff that got posted here during November and December WAS idiotic.

Such is the polarizing nature of Chiefsplanet. It's been this way for a long time - Geno isn't any different than any of the other subjects de jour.

As for the Senior Bowl, I really couldn't care anymore. I would have loved to see him play but I'm so tired of hearing about how skipping it is going to hurt him (it won't) that I just don't even want to talk about it anymore.

Hammock Parties 01-22-2013 04:59 PM

Mayock said Geno shouldn't have skipped the Sr Bowl.

BossChief 01-22-2013 05:22 PM

The games that Geno focused on his first read were ones that Austin or Bailey had a size able advantage over the guy covering them and he didn't need to go through progressions or multiple reads.

"First reads open, let's check the second, yup open too. Better go to my third read..."

Not many defenders in the big 12 can cover Tavon Austin...so that evidently works against Geno for throwing to the open man.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-22-2013 05:34 PM

70 plus percent completion percentage. I guess he's supposed to pass over the open guy on his first read.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-22-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9342306)
70 plus percent completion percentage. I guess he's supposed to pass over the open guy on his first read.

Colt Brennan had 72% and 70.4%

Pasta Little Brioni 01-22-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9342323)
Colt Brennan had 72% and 70.4%

Good for him.

One is a 1st round prospect, the other went in the 6th.

Buckweath 01-22-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9342306)

That's why you can say you're not sure how Geno will adapt to the fact that in the NFL, his first option won't always be open but you can't knock him for staring often at his first option when he completed 70+ % of his passes.

mr. tegu 01-22-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9342040)
Yeah, he sucks :facepalm:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FTZZh4cKfXs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My favorite (so far) is at 3:10 where he is about to get crushed and stays in the pocket to deliver a strike for a TD.

HotCarl 01-22-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9342250)
Sign Fat Albert, Bowe and Colquitt. No reason to replace any of them. Show them the money.

Colquitt, hell yes. Albert, hell yes. Bowe.. needs to show more maturity. Franchise him. Give the young man a year to prove he isn't at risk

Fat Elvis 01-22-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9342333)
Colquitt, hell yes. Albert, hell yes. Bowe.. needs to show more maturity. Franchise him. Give the young man a year to prove he isn't at risk

Yeah, that's it. Our ONE recieving threat--let him go if we don't like how he acts. That is what you want if you are planning on implementing a pass first offense.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-22-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9342337)
Yeah, that's it. Our ONE recieving threat--let him go if we don't like how he acts. That is what you want if you are planning on implementing a pass first offense.

I see Blackbob is back again

Frankie 01-22-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9342324)
Good for him.

One is a 1st round prospect, the other went in the 6th.

But ChiefsandO'sfan had a very good point in that folks should stop trying to shove Geno stats down our throats. Tyler Wilson's stats this year is very mediocre compared to Geno's, yet he is being seriously talked about as a 1st rounder.

BigMeatballDave 01-22-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Bowe needs to show more maturity?

Yeah, all the off-field stuff he does is a distraction.

:rolleyes:

Pasta Little Brioni 01-22-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9342356)
But ChiefsandO'sfan had a very good point in that folks should stop trying to shove Geno stats down our throats. Tyler Wilson's stats this year is very mediocre compared to Geno's, yet he is being seriously talked about as a 1st rounder.

I'd be fine with Wilson.

I don't think I was shoving Geno stats down anyone's throats though and I think O's "point" was dumb comparing him to a guy like Brennan.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-22-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9342363)

Has to be Boob....has to be.

HotCarl 01-22-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9342347)
I see Blackbob is back again

I don't know your friend BlackBob, but a pass first offense is a stupid idea. When you can exploit a run game like we have and bolster the line in the draft, why deal with all the distractions from Bowe? The run game and a QB who just doesn't turn the ball over will create the passing game. :spock:

Pasta Little Brioni 01-22-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9342372)
I don't know your friend BlackBob, but a pass first offense is a stupid idea. When you can exploit a run game like we have and bolster the line in the draft, why deal with all the distractions from Bowe? The run game and a QB who just doesn't turn the ball over will create the passing game. :spock:

Fine Knowmo

BigMeatballDave 01-22-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

In case you've missed the NFL over the last decade, it has evolved into a pass first league.

HotCarl 01-22-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9342363)

didn't anybody tell him to act like he's been there before? He should do his talking in the end zone. Of course he last saw the end zone in week 4, so he may need directions. In all seriousness, we need some vets to show guys like Bowe who have talent but are character risks how to handle themselves and be professionals.

farmerchief 01-22-2013 06:11 PM

They really need to sign Albert, just one less important cog to the offense, they won't have to wait to develop, if they have to draft a replacement. As far as QB goes, I would be happy with any of the top 5 rated QB's in this draft, as I don't think there is a whole lot of difference between them. Smith, Wilson, Glennon, Nassib, or Dysert, I think any one of those could develop into a franchise type QB for the Chiefs. I don't like Barkley, and don't like Jones, but they may surprise a person and turn out really good. Where the currant management team, plans on drafting a QB, is anyones guess. I would hope they know a bit more about the QB's in question than me, and will (hopefuly) support who they draft. I do like Smith but maybe not anymore than Wilson early in the draft, and really like Dysert in about round 3 if he would happen to fall that far.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-22-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9342386)
didn't anybody tell him to act like he's been there before? He should do his talking in the end zone. Of course he last saw the end zone in week 4, so he may need directions. In all seriousness, we need some vets to show guys like Bowe who have talent but are character risks how to handle themselves and be professionals.

Hi Knowmo :)

BigMeatballDave 01-22-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9342386)

Has anyone ever told you that you're a dumbass?

Rambozo 01-22-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9342356)

I agree. Anytime anyone posts a quote from a media writer or "expert" that reflects Geno in a negative light, Geno is irrationally defended on this site. I don't believe for one second that the majority of Chiefs fans are completely sold on Geno. He's a good prospect but, it's early. There is just a weird thing going on here imo. It's like we aren't allowed to talk about any other prospects. I was kicked out of several draft threads for "abuse" today for giving my opinion. I study this shit all the time as a hobby and I wasn't abusive at all. I've decided to just start ignoring all the Geno ball washers. The shit is getting old.

wazu 01-22-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9342424)
I agree. Anytime anyone posts a quote from a media writer or "expert" that reflects Geno in a negative light, Geno is irrationally defended on this site. I don't believe for one second that the majority of Chiefs fans are completely sold on Geno. He's a good prospect but, it's early. There is just a weird thing going on here imo. It's like we aren't allowed to talk about any other prospects. I was kicked out of several draft threads for "abuse" today for giving my opinion. I study this shit all the time as a hobby and I wasn't abusive at all. I've decided to just start ignoring all the Geno ball washers. The shit is getting old.

STFU HATER

Ceej 01-22-2013 06:20 PM

Branden Albert may have just became my favorite current Chief.

ToxSocks 01-22-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Again, it's not about Geno Smith. It's about QB's in general. Geno Smith is damn near a synonym for 1st round QB, that's why you see so much "geno ballwashing". When you argue with people about Geno Smith, you're not really arguing with them about Geno, but rather the idea that we should be taking anything other than a QB. Talking QB's is one thing....suggesting that the Chiefs take a LT w/ their #1 overall is another, and that is why you see so many angry posters.

Frankie 01-22-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

The same shit was going down when Brady Quinn was coming up in '07. I would be quite interesting if some of those Brady Quinn threads could be brought back to see how many Geno fappers now were Quinn fappers then. :D

ToxSocks 01-22-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

A pass first offense, designed by a pass first coach, in a pass happy QB driven league is a stupid idea? Are you serious?

Distractions from Bowe? Aside from the importing comment that was made 4 years ago, what "distraction" has Bowe been?

Frankie 01-22-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9342435)
Again, it's not about Geno Smith. It's about QB's in general. Geno Smith is damn near a synonym for 1st round QB, that's why you see so much "geno ballwashing". When you argue with people about Geno Smith, you're not really arguing with them about Geno, but rather the idea that we should be taking anything other than a QB. Talking QB's is one thing....suggesting that the Chiefs take a LT w/ their #1 overall is another, and that is why you see so many angry posters.

I actually think there is pretty much an agreement that we need to draft a QB high. I don't think anybody argues against that.

ToxSocks 01-22-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9342446)
The same shit was going down when Brady Quinn was coming up in '07. I would be quite interesting if some of those Brady Quinn threads could be brought back to see how many Geno fappers now were Quinn fappers then. :D

Does it matter?

So what if they were wrong. At least they had the right idea. No one, and i mean NO ONE is claiming that Smith or Wilson or any of these QB's are a sure thing.

What they ARE claiming is that at some point, in a QB driven league, you need to take a chance on one.

If it doesn't work you move onto the next one.

You are no one if you don't have a QB.

Some of you are just stuck in this mindset that you have to play "safe". There is nothing Safe about a 1st overall pick. Nothing.

But you'll never achieve greatness if you don't take a chance.

How many points is your new LT going to score?

Mother****erJones 01-22-2013 06:32 PM

This board needs an enema! **** whoever thinks we should move Albert to guard. The only way I'd take joeckel is if Alberts back is ****ed and he is BPA.

ToxSocks 01-22-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9342451)
I actually think there is pretty much an agreement that we need to draft a QB high. I don't think anybody argues against that.

Uhm...yes they do. It's all over the place. I can't log on w/o seeing some stupid shit about taking a LT or LB.

Then comes the "trade down" comment....completely ignoring the fact that you have to have someone to trade down WITH.

When was the last time someone traded up to #1 overall for a LT?

I gurantee you that if anyone trades up with the Chiefs, it's for a QB.

Easy 6 01-22-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Oh no, its easy to see that you and bob go way back... why? because he was the only troglodyte who persistently tried to imagine up some terrible flaw of Bowes.

Name the distraction, name it or belcher yourself.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-22-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Bowe has been too quiet

Brock 01-22-2013 06:42 PM

Who keeps putting forth the idea to move Albert to guard?

ToxSocks 01-22-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9342485)
Who keeps putting forth the idea to move Albert to guard?

No Brock, it's gotten better.

Now it's Sign Albert, move him to RT, Draft jackoff to play LT and move Winston inside to guard.

Brock 01-22-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Don't like winning playoff games I see.

HotCarl 01-22-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9342489)
Don't like winning playoff games I see.

We should start by winning regular season games and getting a ticket to the dance, only takes one.

ToxSocks 01-22-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9342498)
We should start by winning regular season games and getting a ticket to the dance, only takes one.

300 yards rushing and we still lost.

Yet you think neglecting the QB position is a good idea.

Brock 01-22-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9342498)

It takes a franchise QB first and foremost. Every team in the playoffs has one.

hometeam 01-22-2013 06:51 PM

Anyone who thinks Albert would move to guard in the first place is ****ing high. He can go get big fat LT money all over the league, why the **** would he move to guard?

Easy 6 01-22-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9342517)
Anyone who thinks Albert would move to guard in the first place is ****ing high. He can go get big fat LT money all over the league, why the **** would he move to guard?

If i didnt know any better, i'd swear the people who keep floating that idea are trolling.

As someone said in another thread, it makes sense that many of the people calling into these radio shows are jobless bums with only the vaguest football (or life) knowledge, they clearly dont know shit from apple butter, just have too much time on their hands.

Red Dawg 01-22-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9342435)

I for one like Dysert a lot. Not more than Geno but his mechanics are solid and he can zj ng it in there with fast release but not sure of his smarts. Geno can do it all with his throwing for sure and its been written that he is not a dumbass. Dysert will rise on the boards.

-King- 01-22-2013 07:02 PM

Can people stop falling for the trolls? Trolls keep coming here and people still argue with them. I don't get it.

Frankie 01-22-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9342465)
Uhm...yes they do. It's all over the place. I can't log on w/o seeing some stupid shit about taking a LT or LB.

Then comes the "trade down" comment....completely ignoring the fact that you have to have someone to trade down WITH.

When was the last time someone traded up to #1 overall for a LT?

I haven't seen many people actually preferring to get a LT or LB over a QB. But then maybe I haven't been in all the threads you have been in.

We all know we need to get a QB in the first two rounds. And the trade down comments have a lot of validity with the acknowledgement that it has a big 'IF' attached to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9342465)
I gurantee you that if anyone trades up with the Chiefs, it's for a QB.

I don't think it's a guarantee, but let's say someone gives us their top 10 1st plus their 2nd, plus their 1st and 2nd next year. We would be crazy not to take it.

Not that I expect such an offer to be made, but if something crazy like that happens I for one will be royally pissed at the FO for not taking it in favor of securing Geno Smith.

ToxSocks 01-22-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9342547)
I for one like Dysert a lot. Not more than Geno but his mechanics are solid and he can zj ng it in there with fast release but not sure of his smarts. Geno can do it all with his throwing for sure and its been written that he is not a dumbass. Dysert will rise on the boards.

It'll be interesting to see how many QB's are taken in the 1st round. I think 3-4 will go. Can't wait till the combine, all these QB's are going to rise and fall. Combine is when most will get sorted out. It can't get here soon enough.

kcxiv 01-22-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

How does Bowe need to show more Maturity? He has kept his mouth shut for a few years now and has not done anything remotely immature.