ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Sign Sean Smith (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271138)

The Franchise 03-14-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9498041)
Buffalo isn't gong to give us their 1st, 2nd, 4th, and next years 1st to swap picks.

At best, we're looking at this years 1st and 2nd, and next years 2nd or 3rd.

That is "AT BEST" mind you.

I'd be happy for a 1st and 2nd and call it good, and I believe even that is pushing it this year.

I'd jump at the trade of 1st and 2nd this year and a 2nd next year.

mcaj22 03-14-2013 01:38 PM

id like that 2nd back so id be happy with 2 picks in the current draft and a pick next year as well maybe even a player too

Imon Yourside 03-14-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9498031)
It will work out well enough for them not to look like idiots to 90+% of the fans.

They've added some nice touches to an already promising racecar. Unfortunately, it has a restrictor plate on it.

Yup, speed is stuck at max 30 mph.

Sorter 03-14-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9498043)
I got ran outta town last year screaming for Burfict in the 7th/UDFA. SOB.

If there is one thing Marvin Lewis is good at, its turning criminals and ****ups into serviceable players.

Oakland probably has a shrine somewhere for him.

O.city 03-14-2013 01:38 PM

1.8, this years 2nd, next years 2nd preferably first but second would do.

-King- 03-14-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9498042)
Don't get greedy with Buffalo. I'd be so desperate to get out of 1.1 that I'd take 1.8 and next year's 1 and be done with it. I'm fine with leaving a second or fourth round pick on the table just to grease the wheels and get the ****ing deal done.

I'd rather have their 1st and 2nd this year and a 3rd or 4th next year than just their 1 this year and a 1 next year.

DJ's left nut 03-14-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9498016)
We've gotta trade back, which is looking better by the day with the Jags, Eagles and etc liking Geno.

Buffalo gives us the 8th pick, this years 2 and 4 and next years 1st, then we can take a RT, I don't care.

Honest to God - they can keep next year's 1 for all I care.

Give me that !@#$ing second so I can be spared the ignominy of taking a !@#$ing RT at first overall. Congratulations, you've pulled off the biggest heist in the history of heists...whatever.

I get Sheldon Richardson and Margus Hunt and may actually give Peyton Manning something to think about next season.

Good enough for me.

Exoter175 03-14-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9498028)
He was taken off the field and replaced by Burfict's coverage skills...

so, no thanks.

He lacks coverage and leadership skills, but is a solid tackler.

We have the coverage and leadership guy covered, DJ. Belcher wasn't good in coverage or leadership, but he was good against the run.

Maualuga is an immediate belcher replacement with WAY more upside than Belcher ever had.

I'll be a VERY happy kid if we sign Maualuga, and still very happy if we get Dansby. I like them both.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9498036)
90% of those fans are already happy with the trade. I still think Alex Smith's max potential is Drew Bree's last year in SD. And that's ****ing wishing on a star....

I think he's going to much better than that, at least what I've seen of him the past two years.

The guy isn't Cassel. He's not Tom Brady at this point, either but he's not a stumbling, bumbling turnover machine. In KC, he's already got better weapons that he had at any time in San Francisco and while he's not going to be Peyton Manning out there, changing plays every down and directing the office, I think he's more than a game manager.

But, that's all speculation. Maybe he starts game one, get his ass kicked and never recovers. But either way, he's not Matt Cassel.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-14-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9498048)
Atleast has to be this years 1 and 2 and something next year.

No way, dude. You're haggling over a second this year. If you don't believe in the QBs this year, then **** that second. The most valuable thing this team can get right now is another first round pick in next year's draft, because they aren't going to be in position to draft a good QB prospect unless they can give a trade partner at least two first rounders.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9498044)
Yeah, wtf has Brad been doing this week?

Just hanging out?

Who is his agent? He may need to look into getting a different guy.

Soon.

ToxSocks 03-14-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9498051)

At this point, it'd be wise to jump at nearly any trade (within reason, obviously).

The Chiefs are in such a good spot because they have so much flexability.

O.city 03-14-2013 01:40 PM

Frankly, I dont give a damn about having a "thumper" there. In todays game I'll take a guy who might be a little light in the pants that can cover.

I don't think Maualuga is that.

lcarus 03-14-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9498059)
I think he's going to much better than that, at least what I've seen of him the past two years.

The guy isn't Cassel. He's not Tom Brady at this point, either but he's not a stumbling, bumbling turnover machine. In KC, he's already got better weapons that he had at any time in San Francisco and while he's not going to be Peyton Manning out there, changing plays every down and directing the office, I think he's more than a game manager.

But, that's all speculation. Maybe he starts game one, get his ass kicked and never recovers. But either way, he's not Matt Cassel.

Anyone who thinks he's Matt Cassel 2.0 (and is not just jokin around) is jaded as hell. Which is understandable I guess...

Sorter 03-14-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9498058)
He lacks coverage and leadership skills, but is a solid tackler.

We have the coverage and leadership guy covered, DJ. Belcher wasn't good in coverage or leadership, but he was good against the run.

Maualuga is an immediate belcher replacement with WAY more upside than Belcher ever had.

I'll be a VERY happy kid if we sign Maualuga, and still very happy if we get Dansby. I like them both.

You need two ILBs who can cover nowadays.

Would prefer Dansby and the selection of Ogletree(unrealistic, I know)/Bostic.

The Franchise 03-14-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

My two issues (not factoring in what we gave up for him).

1. The dude can't stay healthy.
2. He doesn't turn the ball over because he ****ing takes sacks.

Exoter175 03-14-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9498051)

The Bills know this class sucks and the value of 1.1 is 1/5th of what it was last year due to the talent difference. They have the ball in their court for trade offers, not us.

However, I can't confirm it, but I've got a good source saying they've already been in contact about a possible trade, so who knows. They showed their hand last night, but we cannot leverage it at all.

Frankie 03-14-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Don't get greedy with Buffalo. I'd be so desperate to get out of 1.1 that I'd take 1.8 and next year's 1 and be done with it. I'm fine with leaving a second or fourth round pick on the table just to grease the wheels and get the ****ing deal done.

This all day. I LOL at people who think we can get draft chart compensation for a trade down.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Exactly.

This is what I was hoping for and saying in 2009: Get anything you can just to get the **** out.

Even if they moved to #8, they can still move down from there and accumulate more picks. More picks equals more options.

Sorter 03-14-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9498065)
Who is his agent? He may need to look into getting a different guy.

Soon.

Yup.

The Franchise 03-14-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9498062)
No way, dude. You're haggling over a second this year. If you don't believe in the QBs this year, then **** that second. The most valuable thing this team can get right now is another first round pick in next year's draft, because they aren't going to be in position to draft a good QB prospect unless they can give a trade partner at least two first rounders.

If we're drafting a QB high next year it's because either Alex Smith or Chase Daniel sucks. If they're average.....we won't see a QB in here for 2-3 years.

DeezNutz 03-14-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9498062)

Exactly right. Must get next year's first. Anything else is irrelevant.

ToxSocks 03-14-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

How does he have better weapons? All he has here is Bowe and Charles. That's not exactly a lot better than Crabtree, Davis and Gore.

The Franchise 03-14-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9498071)
The Bills know this class sucks and the value of 1.1 is 1/5th of what it was last year due to the talent difference. They have the ball in their court for trade offers, not us.

However, I can't confirm it, but I've got a good source saying they've already been in contact about a possible trade, so who knows. They showed their hand last night, but we cannot leverage it at all.

Dude....they have nothing in their court. They have Tavaris Jackson as their starting QB and a bunch of teams that are interested in Geno Smith. Yeah they could wait.....and then have nothing.

Sassy Squatch 03-14-2013 01:43 PM

Has there even been any Jones news at all?

Exoter175 03-14-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9498069)
You need two ILBs who can cover nowadays.

Would prefer Dansby and the selection of Ogletree(unrealistic, I know)/Bostic.

No you don't, you need 1 cover ILB and a nickel corner to sub package. We have both.

You DEFINITELY need a solid ILB tackler though, and both maualuga and dansby bring that to the table. Dansby is better, Maualuga is younger and more upside.

Its a coin toss right now, but I'll take the youth.

O.city 03-14-2013 01:43 PM

Jacksonville liking Smith is gravy for us. We need to have Teicher ramp that shit up or something.

mcaj22 03-14-2013 01:43 PM

they whiffed on Phillip Wheeler at ILB so they definitely want a guy who can cover, because Wheeler is definitely no thumper

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-14-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9498081)
If we're drafting a QB high next year it's because either Alex Smith or Chase Daniel sucks. If they're average.....we won't see a QB in here for 2-3 years.

I agree, but John Dorsey shouldn't be playing checkers. He needs to realize the limitations implicit within Alex Smith's game and have a contingency plan. He should also be a good enough student of history to know that a lack of a contingency plan is why he's currently working in Kansas City instead of another city.

Sorter 03-14-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9498083)
How does he have better weapons? All he has here is Bowe and Charles. That's not exactly a lot better than Crabtree, Davis and Gore.

And Manningham, Hunter, Williams, Moss and James.

Some of those are stretches but as far as talent goes, they rape us.

Bowe
Charles

O.city 03-14-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9498090)
No you don't, you need 1 cover ILB and a nickel corner to sub package. We have both.

You DEFINITELY need a solid ILB tackler though, and both maualuga and dansby bring that to the table. Dansby is better, Maualuga is younger and more upside.

Yeah, you do. People are going to throw on us when we are in base package if we have another Belcher in there.

He doesn't have to be Urlacher, but he has to be able to flip his hips and run a little.

Frankie 03-14-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9497897)
I'm not gonna read this whole thread. But this is at best a meh signing for me. Please tell me why I should be excited about DB who has 5 INTs in 4 years.

This request was serious. If explained in previous posts in this long thread, can someone post a cliff note version of the positive opinions?

Sorter 03-14-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9498090)

Having 2 ILBs who can cover creates flexibility out of base fronts and in your subs.

I mean, I'm sure the 49ers hate having 2 ILBs who can play in coverage. Just hate it.

DJ's left nut 03-14-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9498067)
Frankly, I dont give a damn about having a "thumper" there. In todays game I'll take a guy who might be a little light in the pants that can cover.

I don't think Maualuga is that.

Seriously, Bernard Pollard as Ted Backer.

Right attitude, strong and would be quite good in coverage...for a linebacker.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9498040)
You could sub the name out for Clausen or Sanchez or any other QB the Chiefs had a shot at getting. It's not about the player. It's about the philosophy. But that's been completely lost around here.

No, it hasn't.

I said this same exact thing last night: You cannot ask the fans of a franchise that's had ONE winning season in the last six and no playoff wins in 20 years to "Be patient while we develop a guy we hope can become a playoff and possible Super Bowl winner".

You can't. You'd have 40,000+ no shows each week (just like the 80's and the latter half of 2012), you'd have a pissed off an apathetic fan base (you know, the people that actually BUY tickets and attend the games) and you'd run the risk of losing your base for years on end.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Clark Hunt instructed Reid and Dorsey to do whatever it takes this offseason to put a respectable football team on the field in 2013 and build towards the future in 2014.

Every move they've made confirms it.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-14-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9498103)
This request was serious. If explained in previous posts in this long thread, can someone post a cliff note version of the positive opinions?

He's a height-weight-speed guy.

Deberg_1990 03-14-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9498081)

Now your thinking the Piioli way.

I dont believe for one second these guys are like that.

Exoter175 03-14-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9498085)
Dude....they have nothing in their court. They have Tavaris Jackson as their starting QB and a bunch of teams that are interested in Geno Smith. Yeah they could wait.....and then have nothing.

Every team likes Geno Smith, just like every team liked Andrew Luck and RG3.

The difference is, there isn't TWO solid starters to trade up for, there isn't a guaranteed starter to trade up for at all.

They showed their hand by releasing Fitz, but my point about having the ball in their court, is that KC CANNOT command the trade value this year to get into the first spot, that the Redskins had to pay last year for the 2nd.

You're talking 1st and 2nd, or 1st and 3rd plus a mid rounder next year at best.

Which is great for us, we'd like that.

If we can work out at 1 and 2, plus a 3 next year, we negate the Smith trade and all we do is move back 7 spots to draft a tackle we would have reached on with the first. We lose nothing and gain an Alex Smith.

mcaj22 03-14-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9498097)

Bowe
Charles

its about dare i say even now

its not a HUGE drop off anymore like it was with Bowe, Charles than a bunch of unproven Scooter homer draft picks that have done dog shit in the NFL

It's now Bowe, Charles, Fasano, Avery... role players with production (receptions, yardage, touchdowns) between them. That's like their versions of Delanie Walker, Manningham, Josh Morgan, etc.

Hammock Parties 03-14-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

The guy isn't Cassel.

He's never been as successful as 2010 or 2008 Matt Cassel.

He throws the ball down the field less than Cassel.

He takes a lot of necessary sacks.

Facts.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-14-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9498106)
Seriously, Bernard Pollard as Ted Backer.

Right attitude, strong and would be quite good in coverage...for a linebacker.

Didn't we do this dance in 2007?

DTLB58 03-14-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9497622)
Exactly.

I don't see any way they don't trade down at this point. With Hudson's injury and Allen's suspect play last year, not to mention Lilja's retirement, the Chiefs clearly need to take some linemen, no question. And while I think it's pretty apparent that O-Line is probably where they're going with their first, I can't imagine they aren't going to take a 'bad' trade down which would allow them to get yet another potential interior lineman in the 2nd.

They have to be maxed on the cap and they still have 3 clear holes (ILB, RT and either C/G...maybe both). They need the ammo in the trade down to fill those holes in the draft.

They can't just take Joeckel and call it a day; they're going to need another immediate contributor and I think they'd be fine moving down, taking Lane Johnson and then adding that 2nd round pick as an absolute worst case scenario.

:clap: Somebody else realizes the demise of this Oline.

The Franchise 03-14-2013 01:48 PM

Honestly....I just wish they'd pull off a trade soon....if only for the fact that we'd no longer have to speculate.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-14-2013 01:48 PM

Welp,

Time to take a shit and go to the driving range.

Frankie 03-14-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9498108)
He's a height-weight-speed guy.

Now you make me go check his stats, dammit.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9498070)
My two issues (not factoring in what we gave up for him).

1. The dude can't stay healthy.
2. He doesn't turn the ball over because he ****ing takes sacks.

1. Outside of 2011, his offensive line sucked ass. There was a reason they took two first round offensive lineman a few years back. They were awful. His perimeter players were nothing to write home about, either.

2. See number one. But I am also slightly concerned about the concussion issue but hopefully, the Chiefs coach him better in that regard.

Lastly, I don't care about the compensation. The Chiefs did what they felt they needed to do get a starting QB in 2013. As the Chiefs history of drafting shows, there's no guarantee that they would have selected a starter with #34 overall, anyway.

Mav 03-14-2013 01:50 PM

Good signing. Really good actually especially given that the broncos keep adding.

ToxSocks 03-14-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9498107)
No, it hasn't.

I said this same exact thing last night: You cannot ask the fans of a franchise that's had ONE winning season in the last six and no playoff wins in 20 years to "Be patient while we develop a guy we hope can become a playoff and possible Super Bowl winner".

You can't. You'd have 40,000+ no shows each week (just like the 80's and the latter half of 2012), you'd have a pissed off an apathetic fan base (you know, the people that actually BUY tickets and attend the games) and you'd run the risk of losing your base for years on end.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Clark Hunt instructed Reid and Dorsey to do whatever it takes this offseason to put a respectable football team on the field in 2013 and build towards the future in 2014.

Fair enough.

There are other argument to be made here, but lord knows we've rehashed them far too many times (Compensation for Alex Smith, thus limiting their ability to draft a quality prospect to develop, Quality of the player they actually acquired).

I also have to wonder which would do more damage to the fan base, A Failed Vet (yet again) or a failed rookie.

O.city 03-14-2013 01:51 PM

If we can move the money around, go sign Osi now, if he could play DE.

Sassy Squatch 03-14-2013 01:51 PM

Did Pioli even draft anyone worth a shit in the 2nd?

Easy 6 03-14-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9498107)
No, it hasn't.

Agreed on all of this.

Clark wants to put a shine back on this club as fast as possible.

DTLB58 03-14-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9497843)
Man..can we add Mauluga too?
Posted via Mobile Device

And Vollmer would make me a very happy camper today! :clap:

MTG#10 03-14-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9497885)
LMAO LMAO

My crew? I didn't realize i had one, but ok.

Nah, Dane, Nah.

It's funny because you were the biggest cry baby Piece of shit on the forum at the time. You threw out insult after insult, whining and bitching...(Eventually crying your way off the forum, which was pretty ****ing hilarious) and now you wanna label others as crybabies? ROFL

No one gives two ****s about you opinions. NO ONE.

People use to. Not anymore. You've outed yourself as nothing more than a dick bag Contrarian. Your schtick is up. Your old and dried up. You're not even a good troll anymore. At least i get some laughs out of Blackmon.

I know Dane, I know. "**** YOU YOU ****ING STUPID MORON BLAH BLAH ****ING BLAH SHIT **** SHIT BLAH, I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT ME OR MY OPINIONS" -Dane

Good. Then stop sharing them.

Good ol' Dane. You make sense in your head im sure...but your stuck on yourself that you can't even see how full of shit you are.

This. Biggest ****stick to ever shit behind a pair of shoes. Whiny little bitch tattling to mods when someone gives him his own shit right back. ****ing bundle of sticks.

Sorter 03-14-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9498131)
Did ***** even draft anyone worth a shit in the 2nd?

Hudson?

Then his leg died.

penbrook 03-14-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9498135)

You do know we have to have money for those players.

Sassy Squatch 03-14-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9498138)
Hudson?

Then his leg died.

God damn it. Thats it

DJ's left nut 03-14-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9498115)
:clap: Somebody else realizes the demise of this Oline.

Don't get too excited; I'd still go after D-linemen in this draft (presuming Geno is a non-entity).

I just realize that the O-Line is a little neglected right now.

penbrook 03-14-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9498130)
If we can move the money around, go sign Osi now, if he could play DE.

Osi wants to start. Hes not gonna start here.

tooge 03-14-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9498031)
It will work out well enough for them not to look like idiots to 90+% of the fans.

They've added some nice touches to an already promising racecar. Unfortunately, it has a restrictor plate on it.

ya know what? the other 10% of the fans can go stick a broncos helmet up their ass. We don't want em, we don't need em.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9498083)

Bowe and Avery are better than anyone he's had up until Crabtree emerged this past season and Crabtree certainly isn't in the Top 5 of all NFL WR's at this point. Moeaki and Fasano should equal Davis and Delaney Walker, the king of drops.

Before 2011, Crabtree and Davis were big time underachievers. Mike Singletary was all over both of them and even had to "moon" Davis to get his attention. Crabtree improved dramatically in 2012 but he wasn't a big help before last season.

The bottom line with Smith is that before 2011, he was dealing with poor coaching, a porous offensive line and average at best perimeter players. Once a few of those things were in place, his game became better.

That said, he's not Keapernick or Newton or RGIII or Luck or Manning or Brady. I think he can be a Matt Schaub or Matt Ryan (or even Trent Green) type of QB that when surrounded by average to above average talent, can win enough games to be a playoff contender, if not playoff winner.

I think Super Bowl QB is a bit of a stretch but we've definitely seen our share of game managing Super Bowl QB's in the past, so I wouldn't rule it out entirely.

DJ's left nut 03-14-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Vollmer would just crack me up.

At that point it would just be a massive middle-finger to every draft guru out there.

"Oh yeah? What the !@#$ do you have to say now?"

At that point, Floyd/Richardson/Mingo would truly be a no-brainer.

Steron 03-14-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9497573)
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
That Kansas City defense has some serious pieces with Poe, Jackson, Houston, Hali, Johnson, Flowers, Robinson, Berry and now Smith.

I sure as hell hope so since we have Alex 'Game Manager' Smith at QB now. The defense better be able to hold teams in check to give us a chance to win games.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9498097)

Bowe
Charles

Manningham wasn't a factor, Hunter, William and Moss are "meh" IMO.

Agree to disagree. :)

bravemar 03-14-2013 01:59 PM

There is nothing more depressing than the Alex smith trade .believe me I live in California surrounded by niners fans.I hope he stays here for some years,guaranteed top five picks if he starts.

penbrook 03-14-2013 01:59 PM

Per John Clayton

The Chiefs really helped the secondary adding Sean Smith to the outside and Dunta Robinson in the slot.

The Franchise 03-14-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9498126)
1. Outside of 2011, his offensive line sucked ass. There was a reason they took two first round offensive lineman a few years back. They were awful. His perimeter players were nothing to write home about, either.

2. See number one. But I am also slightly concerned about the concussion issue but hopefully, the Chiefs coach him better in that regard.

Lastly, I don't care about the compensation. The Chiefs did what they felt they needed to do get a starting QB in 2013. As the Chiefs history of drafting shows, there's no guarantee that they would have selected a starter with #34 overall, anyway.

2011 - All world offensive line......led the league in sacks with 44.
2012 - 24 sacks in 10 games. Projected sack total of 38.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9498113)
He's never been as successful as 2010 or 2008 Matt Cassel.

He throws the ball down the field less than Cassel.

He takes a lot of necessary sacks.

Facts.

You're right.

But it's also fair to note that he's never had Bill Belichick, McDaniels or Charlie Weis coaching him, nor has he had Wes Welker, a younger Randy Moss or a Dwayne Bowe as WR's.

It's not a simple 1:1 equation.

Sorter 03-14-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9498156)
Manningham wasn't a factor, Hunter, William and Moss are "meh" IMO.

Agree to disagree. :)

I really like Kendall Hunter.

How many games did Manningham play before he got hurt, I can't recall.

I agree that Williams and Moss are average players but they sure beat the hell out of Jon Baldwin, DMC, Newsome, and Copper.

O.city 03-14-2013 02:00 PM

I actually like Newsome a little bit.

ToxSocks 03-14-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9498149)
Vollmer would just crack me up.

At that point it would just be a massive middle-finger to every draft guru out there.

"Oh yeah? What the !@#$ do you have to say now?"

At that point, Floyd/Richardson/Mingo would truly be a no-brainer.

Im not sure how Floyd/Richardson/Mingo become no brainers. I think it would make the draft a helluva lot more exciting though. If they signed Vollmer, my 1st choice would be a 3rd pass rusher. It'd look especially brilliant if Hali continues to decline.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9498128)
Fair enough.

There are other argument to be made here, but lord knows we've rehashed them far too many times (Compensation for Alex Smith, thus limiting their ability to draft a quality prospect to develop, Quality of the player they actually acquired).

I also have to wonder which would do more damage to the fan base, A Failed Vet (yet again) or a failed rookie.

Judging by polls on ESPN and the Chiefs site, plus talks with friends and family in KC, the overall grade given to Dorsey, Reid and Smith is at around a B+. Most people are happy with the new acquisitions and I think that free agency will only bolster those opinions.

Whether it works or not is yet to be seen. I get it. I'm just not slamming the door shut because Matt Cassel was a failure.

Walrus 03-14-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9498163)

I think Alex Smith is a guy that hates to throw the ball away and that's why he takes a lot of sacks. Also maybe that would explain his high completion % because he never throws the ball away and instead takes sacks. :hmmm:

Sorter 03-14-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9498176)
Im not sure how Floyd/Richardson/Mingo become no brainers. I think it would make the draft a helluva lot more exciting though. If they signed Vollmer, my 1st choice would be a 3rd pass rusher. It'd look especially brilliant if Hali continues to decline.

Should have drafted Mercilus last year.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9498137)
This. Biggest ****stick to ever shit behind a pair of shoes. Whiny little bitch tattling to mods when someone gives him his own shit right back. ****ing pillowbitergot.

LMAO

Hey Dude!

Fat Elvis 03-14-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Esto.

DJ's left nut 03-14-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9498176)

So you'd go Jordan?

Long-term, he may be the better pick. However, if you think that you can get real push from your D-line with one of those first three, that's more impactful than a ROLB would be, especially when we already have Houston who's logical next step is to supplant Hali.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Yes, I agree, he does take a lot of sacks. Hopefully, that's something that Reid and his stable of coaches can help in that area.

mcaj22 03-14-2013 02:04 PM

why do people think Tamba Hali is on the decline?

did you see the d-line he was playing alongside of last year? how about the MLBers and safeties behind him?

or the RCB to his outside? No? okay. Guess you were all sleeping

MTG#10 03-14-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9498190)
LMAO

Hey Dude!

Sup Sandanesky?

Mav 03-14-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Their oline in 2011 had a combination of Chilo Rachal, and Adam Snyder at guard, which also had niner fans screaming that anthony davis was a bust.

And I told you this before, but you just ignore it.