ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Sounds like Matt Flynn heading to Oakland via trade, and Carson Palmer Out (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271585)

DaneMcCloud 03-30-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9540721)
Do I get the pleasure of being mentioned again in your next apology thread?

I've made very few mistakes in my 13 years on Chiefsplanet. Obviously, that was a HUGE mistake. I was vulnerable due to the situation and felt bad, even though I shouldn't have felt bad, about being a dick.

Trust me, you elven mother****er: It'll NEVER happen again.

RealSNR 03-30-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9540724)
Begging for mercy already, are you? Where's your conviction? Where's your love for the "."?

Giving up so easily?

wut

DaneMcCloud 03-30-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9540727)
wut

Your question was pure speculation.

Of course, nearly every single post and thread you've made since September has been speculation, so that shouldn't be a big surprise.

B14ckmon 03-30-2013 01:19 AM

Dane is such a valuable asset to this forum

RealSNR 03-30-2013 01:20 AM

Say something accurate, Dane. Say something that reflects reality.

I ****ing dare you.

Go ahead and respond to my post with something like, "You first, asshole." I know you want to. That's what you do. Somebody confronts you with a damning bit like your heartfelt apology you wrote just for me, BossChief, and others a few weeks ago. You ignore that bit and then spout off some crazy shit where nobody knows what the **** you're talking about. It's like clockwork with you.

I'm ready to go back to being nice. Apart from the acting talents (or lack thereof) of Blake Lively, we used to see eye-to-eye on nearly anything. You're telling me that Geno Smith is the thing that set you off? That's what made you fly off the handle like an unstable pitbull? You and I both know that's not really it.

BossChief 03-30-2013 01:22 AM

Alex Smith = Matt Ryan/Dane ZmcCloud, folks.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9487383)
Matt Ryan needs elite talent around him to have any success, whether it's Michael Turner, Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez, Peter Konz, Julio Jones, etc. Ryan's already had two offensive coordinators try to improve their otherwise extremely talented offense.

Without those guys, he'd be an average QB at best.

Alex Smith, throughout his career, has proven the same thing. Without excellent coaching, an amazing offensive line, RB, TE and decent WR's, he's average at best.

Anyone that looks at the Falcons offense and see any deficiencies or holes, please list them now.

Thanks.

Dane also thinks the Dolphins wouldn't have been any better if they had taken Ryan instead of Long.

penbrook 03-30-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9540756)

Dane also thinks the Dolphins wouldn't have been any better if they had taken Ryan instead of Long.

What a idiot. Qbs are the reasons why a game is lost or won.

When was the last time somebody said thank god we had..... at tackle he is the reason why we won. Never..

AussieChiefsFan 03-30-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9540763)

When was the last time somebody said thank god we had..... at tackle he is the reason why we won. Never..

NSFW

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wfUU6coziu4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ming the Merciless 03-30-2013 01:32 AM

L
Quote:

Larry allen

BossChief 03-30-2013 01:35 AM

Larry was a guard.

DaneMcCloud 03-30-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9540756)

Matt Ryan is surrounded by first round talent on the perimeter, a very good offensive line and a HOF tight end.

What's his excuse for winning just one playoff game in 5 years?

And FWIW, **** you, reerun.

DaneMcCloud 03-30-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

And what, exactly, has Matt Ryan won since 2008?

Shut the **** up, n00b.

penbrook 03-30-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9540785)

Shut the **** up, n00b.

Hes actually been to the playoffs consistently that is more than I can say for the Chiefs..

DaneMcCloud 03-30-2013 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9540787)
Hes actually been to the playoffs consistently that is more than I can say for the Chiefs..

Been there and LOST consistently.

How does that statement of yours bolster your argument?

penbrook 03-30-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9540788)
Been there and LOST consistently.

How does that statement of yours bolster your argument?

I said he has been there consistently never said anything about loosing or winning. Tell me the last time the Chiefs went to the playoffs year after year. Its been awhile. Baby steps first. Cant go from worst team in the NFL to lombardi champions in one year..

DaneMcCloud 03-30-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9540789)
I said he has been there consistently never said anything about loosing or winning. Tell me the last time the Chiefs went to the playoffs year after year. Its been awhile. Baby steps first. Cant go from worst team in the NFL to lombardi champions in one year..

Nice.

You're changing your argument. Figures.

penbrook 03-30-2013 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9540790)
Nice.

You're changing your argument. Figures.

I changed my argument?? All I said was that Matt Ryan has taken them to the playoffs consistently and I never said anything about winning or loosing. The last time the Chiefs have been to the playoffs consistently has been a long time.

Mother****erJones 03-30-2013 04:53 AM

I will say Matt Ryan has is surrounded by a crazy amount of talent. I know that he's won1 playoff game. Ill take Russell Wilson over Ryan instantly

Pasta Little Brioni 03-30-2013 06:45 AM

Dane's heel turn is quite funny

Dave Lane 03-30-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9540560)
**** you

I'm gonna turn this car around.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-30-2013 08:02 AM

Buh gawd King!! Dane and the Tru Fans are on the same damn page!!!

Deberg_1990 03-30-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9540785)

Shut the **** up, n00b.

Hes 56-22 since 2008, you wouldn't take that?

But anyhow, I don't care how the Chiefs win.....as long as they win. That's the only thing that matters.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-30-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9540930)
Buh gawd King!! Dane and the Tru Fans are on the same damn page!!!

I hope Ultra Peanut saw this post LMAO

Hootie 03-30-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9540529)
Pure genius at work.

You're dumber than ****.

Seriously, you are DUMBER THAN ****.

It's not an exaggeration.

I do agree with your overall conclusion on both "HerpesDick" and BossChief...but I still think you have a mental disorder.

Hootie 03-30-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9540839)
Dane's heel turn is quite funny

I can agree with this...

I can also respect a guy that rolls solo...not a single ally. That's happened to me before on this board on certain topics, but of course, I never (at least IMO) posted in such a way that everyone was seriously concerned about my mental stability.

I'm pretty sure Dane is manically depressed.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-30-2013 09:18 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fuZs6qCbFrM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hootie 03-30-2013 09:23 AM

great

I just love that argument.

"Matt Ryan blows because he loses in the playoffs."

JFC

for the record, his playoff losses have come to Arizona (should have won the Super Bowl), Packers (won the Super Bowl), Giants (won the Super Bowl) and the 49ers (probably should have won the Super Bowl)...

so yeah, he is 1-4 and lost while holding the #1 seed twice against the Packers (who no one was going to beat) and the 49ers (where he played a pretty good game)...

but the idea that Matt Ryan isn't, at the very least, a very good and capable QB is ****ing nonsense. He's 5 years into his career and he has shown great consistency and at least passes the god damn eye test.

I can't wait for someone to tell me they'd take Joe Flacco over Matt Ryan because Flacco has postseason success.

This board makes me want to gauge my eyes out sometimes.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-30-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9540724)
I've made very few mistakes in my 13 years on Chiefsplanet. Obviously, that was a HUGE mistake. I was vulnerable due to the situation and felt bad, even though I shouldn't have felt bad, about being a dick.

Trust me, you elven mother****er: It'll NEVER happen again.

And there's the crux; Dane doesn't ever want to be "wrong" on Chiefs Planet. Yes, what a grand crime against humanity that is! Lighten up, douchesprocket.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie 03-30-2013 09:26 AM

I mean, ****.

I simply can't stand this websites fixation with the insanely flawed premise of "a QB is only good if his postseason record is good."

It's ****ing stupid.

BigMeatballDave 03-30-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9541042)
I mean, ****.

I simply can't stand this websites fixation with the insanely flawed premise of "a QB is only good if his postseason record is good."

It's ****ing stupid.

It's not flawed. It's how a QBs career is graded, wholly.

Hootie 03-30-2013 09:39 AM

so

let me hear you say it Dave

you'd take Joe Flacco over Matt Ryan.

Go.

BigMeatballDave 03-30-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9541069)
so

let me hear you say it Dave

you'd take Joe Flacco over Matt Ryan.

Go.

Considering the goal in the NFL is to win in the postseason, yes.

I'll ask you: Who's had more to work with on their team?

Matt Ryan is clearly a better regular season QB.

Flacco has had more success in the playoffs.

People don't remember the regular season. There are no trophies for that.

It's all about the SB.

Hootie 03-30-2013 09:50 AM

so then you'd take Joe Flacco over every single NFL QB.

Got it.

Messier 03-30-2013 09:50 AM

I don't think it's wrong to value a QB that wins when it matters. I'd take a QB that throws only 3100 yards and 21 TDs, over a 4000 30 plus TD QB if the first QB was clutch in the playoffs. I know winning is a team thing, and you can't blame or credit a QB completely for wins and losses, but there is something to be said for a QB that makes the right plays in big games.

BigMeatballDave 03-30-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9541088)
so then you'd take Joe Flacco over every single NFL QB.

Got it.

:LOL:

Hootie 03-30-2013 09:57 AM

hm

well I'm not counting the Rahim Moore miracle as a clutch play. It was a hail mary that worked.

...other than that, I just don't see what Joe Flacco did this postseason that was so unbelievably remarkable. The Colts were clearly inferior. He played well against Denver but down the stretch they were practically R2P2...to the point where people were criticizing Caldwell for his playcalling...and they ended up winning because of a terrible Manning play. New England couldn't convert a 3rd and short all game long...Flacco played good but the Ravens defense held a potent New England offense in check an entire game...and kept them in the game in the 1st half when the Ravens couldn't get anything going on offense...

and then he played a great half against the 49ers and they almost "Matt Ryan'd" the game when Kaepernick was 1st and Goal to win the Super Bowl only for the Ravens defense to AGAIN step up..

so yes, Joe Flacco had a very efficient postseason. But outside of the Rahim Moore nonsense...where exactly did Joe Flacco make these "clutch" plays? When did he have an Eli Manning postseason moment? If you want to count Rahim Moore's worst play in NFL history, so be it...

but outside of the Denver game, they were the best TEAM in every game they played. God damn I can't wait for 2013 so Flacco can be Flacco and I can stop having to debate this fallacy of him being elite.

Mother****erJones 03-30-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9541103)
hm

well I'm not counting the Rahim Moore miracle as a clutch play. It was a hail mary that worked.

...other than that, I just don't see what Joe Flacco did this postseason that was so unbelievably remarkable. The Colts were clearly inferior. He played well against Denver but down the stretch they were practically R2P2...to the point where people were criticizing Caldwell for his playcalling...and they ended up winning because of a terrible Manning play. New England couldn't convert a 3rd and short all game long...Flacco played good but the Ravens defense held a potent New England offense in check an entire game...and kept them in the game in the 1st half when the Ravens couldn't get anything going on offense...

and then he played a great half against the 49ers and they almost "Matt Ryan'd" the game when Kaepernick was 1st and Goal to win the Super Bowl only for the Ravens defense to AGAIN step up..

so yes, Joe Flacco had a very efficient postseason. But outside of the Rahim Moore nonsense...where exactly did Joe Flacco make these "clutch" plays? When did he have an Eli Manning postseason moment? If you want to count Rahim Moore's worst play in NFL history, so be it...

but outside of the Denver game, they were the best TEAM in every game they played. God damn I can't wait for 2013 so Flacco can be Flacco and I can stop having to debate this fallacy of him being elite.

Did you count the miracle 14 special teams points? The games not close

Hootie 03-30-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9541140)
Did you count the miracle 14 special teams points? The games not close

Facepalm

patteeu 03-30-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9541037)
And there's the crux; Dane doesn't ever want to be "wrong" on Chiefs Planet. Yes, what a grand crime against humanity that is! Lighten up, douchesprocket.
Posted via Mobile Device

To your credit, being wrong regularly doesn't seem to phase you.

R8RFAN 03-30-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9539416)
Dorsey and Caldwell are both going to have a chance to draft Geno and pass. Our teams ****ing suck.

There is no doubt the ****ing Jags suck... Probably the worst team with the smallest fanbase in the NFL

Rausch 03-30-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9541201)
There is no doubt the ****ing Jags suck... Probably the worst team with the smallest fanbase in the NFL

The Jags have won as many playoff games as we have the last 30 years and I wouldn't be shocked if they won another before we did...

R8RFAN 03-30-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9541203)
The Jags have won as many playoff games as we have the last 30 years and I wouldn't be shocked if they won another before we did...

Chiefs and Raiders are currently shit NFL teams but I like our chances better than the ****ing jags....

Rausch 03-30-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9541218)
Chiefs and Raiders are currently shit NFL teams but I like our chances better than the ****ing jags....

Other than loyalty neither of us have any reason to believe that...

R8RFAN 03-30-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9541225)
Other than loyalty neither of us have any reason to believe that...

Do what you gotta do, if I ever feel my team is on the same level as the ****ing Jags I will just quit watching the shit all together

Stupid team with two stupid fans that like to hang out on a Chiefs forum for no reason I can figure.. About as dumb as that ****ing Tampon Bay fan that hangs out here....

Clueless

Messier 03-30-2013 11:06 AM

Rebuilding is a sucker word that coaches and GMs that want to buy themselves some time use to lower expectations. Its why I like that Reid and Dorsey aren't using that excuse. It also means if things aren't dramatically better this year, its a failure, but I think they accept that.

Rausch 03-30-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9541230)
Do what you gotta do, if I ever feel my team is on the same level as the ****ing Jags I will just quit watching the shit all together

I disagree.

Good thing, since my team is on the same level as the Jags...

R8RFAN 03-30-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9541231)
Rebuilding is a sucker word that coaches and GMs that want to buy themselves some time use to lower expectations. Its why I like that Reid and Dorsey aren't using that excuse. It also means if things aren't dramatically better this year, its a failure, but I think they accept that.

Raiders have over payed for shitty players for years...

Raiders were 4-12 with shitty high priced contracts... Just like your checkbook... You pay for stupid shit you have to feel the pain...

The Raiders are feeling the pain and they deserve it ... Reggie is making good moves for this team for the future though but they will have to hurt for a while...

I love what he is doing even if it means we will be a shit team for a while...

I would rather see them pay scrubs what they are worth than pay scrubs top dollar.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-30-2013 11:20 AM

Reighters I respect your passion for the Faid

The NFL is better when both teams are good instead of Jaguaresque

Setsuna 03-30-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9541021)
I hope Ultra Peanut saw this post LMAO

I heard she used to be a dude. Is this true?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9541246)
Reighters I respect your passion for the Faid

The NFL is better when both teams are good instead of Jaguaresque

Dumbest post ever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9541230)

Stupid team with two stupid fans that like to hang out on a Chiefs forum for no reason I can figure.. About as dumb as that ****ing Tampon Bay fan that hangs out here....

Clueless

Nope. THIS is the dumbest post ever. Your team has been worse with better talent. We've sucked because our players sucked, you've sucked because your entire organization is run by idiots and will continue to for all eternity.

Saccopoo 03-30-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9540716)
Yeah, I look like a ****ing idiot because I've been pimping a guy ad nauseam for the past 6 months that no one wants.

Whoa is me.

Nobody wanted Kaepernick in the first round either. And 23 teams decided that they didn't want Rogers - and all 23 of those teams would give their left nut for him now.

I was one of the very few, if any, that pimped Kaepernick that year. The only guy that I liked at QB that the Chiefs had a reasonable shot at before that was Rogers.

And I like Geno better than either at the same stage.

For whatever it's worth.

notorious 03-30-2013 11:35 AM

What did Oakland give up for Flynn?

Pasta Little Brioni 03-30-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9541266)

Dumbest post ever.

Nope. THIS is the dumbest post ever. Your team has been worse with better talent. We've sucked because our players sucked, you've sucked because your entire organization is run by idiots and will continue to for all eternity.

Once proud fanbases have turned apathetic. Faid may be alot of things, but they aren't the Jags. Seeing a half full Arrowhead reminds me of the Jags pathetic fanbase...sorry that it hurts.

DaneMcCloud 03-30-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9541027)
I'm pretty sure Dane is manically depressed.

LMAO

You're quite the dime store psychologist, Hootie.

ROFL

DaneMcCloud 03-30-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9541042)
I mean, ****.

It's ****ing stupid.

I'm on record as saying I'd take Cam Newton over any other NFL QB and his current record is 14-18.

But that said, I think Matt Ryan is just a guy. I liked him coming out of Boston College but I think he's failed to live up to expectations. The guy has two extremely talented first round receivers, a HOF TE, a good offensive line with several high draft choices, yet he's incapable of putting the team on his back and win.

I see him as the 3rd best QB in his division and that's not going to win you much in the post season.

Rausch 03-30-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9541266)

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...y_football.jpg

Setsuna 03-30-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9541283)
Once proud fanbases have turned apathetic. Faid may be alot of things, but they aren't the Jags. Seeing a half full Arrowhead reminds me of the Jags pathetic fanbase...sorry that it hurts.

Have you EVER watched a Jags game in its entirety? If not please don't talk about something you don't know. This franchise is still young and to compare us to franchises that have been around for much longer is down right stupid. Faid haven't been to the playoffs in over a decade. R8ers you are really stupid, you need an entire country to yourself so as to not damage others with your lack of intellect.

Rausch 03-30-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9541305)
Have you EVER watched a Jags game in its entirety? If not please don't talk about something you don't know.

I remember losing to them the first 3 times we played them.

And considering they were an expansion team that's pretty ****ing sad...

Pasta Little Brioni 03-30-2013 11:52 AM

They did give us the gift of Horseface playoff tears. Of course the league rewarded Elway a title the next year at our expense so....**** YOU JAGS!!

B14ckmon 03-30-2013 12:10 PM

Chief fans ****ing love our team and they know it. They will be hiding our new jerseys under their Alex Smith jerseys because of how baller they will be.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-30-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9541165)
To your credit, being wrong regularly doesn't seem to phase you.

I'd rather take a swing and miss than be philosophically wrong on just about every topic under the sun like yourself, yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 03-30-2013 12:23 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>In addition to having interest in Seahawks QB Matt Flynn, the Raiders have discussed the possibility of signing QB Kevin Kolb.</p>&mdash; Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) <a href="https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/317732211686252545">March 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ROFL ROFL

DaneMcCloud 03-30-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9541368)
In addition to having interest in Seahawks QB Matt Flynn, the Raiders have discussed the possibility of signing QB Kevin Kolb.
— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 29, 2013
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ROFL ROFL

Yeah, they're really going for it.

Setsuna 03-30-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9541310)
I remember losing to them the first 3 times we played them.

And considering they were an expansion team that's pretty ****ing sad...

Is it? Or was Coughlin just THAT good? Worst move in Jags history to let him go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9541315)
They did give us the gift of Horseface playoff tears. Of course the league rewarded Elway a title the next year at our expense so....**** YOU JAGS!!

LMAO How is that our fault?

Rausch 03-30-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9541373)

LMAO How is that our fault?

If Elway had beaten you that year the NFL would have been happy and all would be well.

Instead the next year we got ****ed on penalties and ghost holding calls...:cuss:

BossChief 03-30-2013 12:44 PM

I'd have loved to have signed Kolb and drafted Geno.

IMO that would have been a nice situation to be in...especially with the extra 2nd and Third we would still have.

Mav 03-30-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9541392)

IMO that would have been a nice situation to be in...especially with the extra 2nd and Third we would still have.

Okay okay, i have to stop you there. Kevin Kolb is so bad bro lol. He makes Alex Smith look like Tom Brady. Seriously, Terrible.......and you talk about INJURY prone?

Setsuna 03-30-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9541375)
If Elway had beaten you that year the NFL would have been happy and all would be well.

Instead the next year we got ****ed on penalties and ghost holding calls...:cuss:

You think they'd be happy with one SB? They'd be defending Champs wouldn't they? No way they'd give up a chance for them to start a dynasty. It'd be the same result.

Bowser 03-30-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9541392)

You would NOT have loved to sign Kevin Kolb. Don't ever say that again.

aturnis 03-30-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9541475)
You would NOT have loved to sign Kevin Kolb. Don't ever say that again.

I agree with him. I would much rather have signed a crap vet and drafted Geno rather than getting ve up entirely too much for a completely lackluster QB and possibly ruin our chances of drafting Geno.

milkman 03-30-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9542076)
I agree with him. I would much rather have signed a crap vet and drafted Geno rather than getting ve up entirely too much for a completely lackluster QB and possibly ruin our chances of drafting Geno.

I would rather have signed Drew Stanton in free agency than Kolb, and rather than trade for Alex Smith.

We all (should) know what Alex Smith and Kolb are.

I'd rather take a shot with an unknown as the seatwarmer for the QBOTF' whether he is picked in this draft or next year's.

Bowser 03-30-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9542076)

From another thread -

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9541988)
I can't guarantee any info to be honest. Most of it has been great, but there's going to be a time that they just don't want anything out there and he will just give me what the company line is.

The guy did tell me that it's not a smoke screen that they like the skillset and that they don't feel Geno is NFL ready off the bat, but they love his long term outlook.

He said the reason Reid wanted Alex is because they felt this roster was ready to win day 1 and that he wanted to give veterans on the squad (Hali, DJ, Charles) a fighting chance for success. He said they didn't feel Geno could come in this year and win with this team that he's just not ready. The morale of the team was terrible at the end of last year and they didn't want another pathetic season because they are trying to break this losing culture. That Alex Smith had a lot to do with trying to right the ship immediately.

Now all of this just could be team speak and they really just want to drive up the value, but it's what I was told. Believe it, don't believe it, it's all the same to me.

Like I said over there, it's the most common sensical take on trying to piece together why they would bring in an Alex Smith AND draft Geno. Makes perfect sense, really.

Messier 03-30-2013 07:46 PM

I don't understand the desire to have someone unproven or a career backup as the vet QB. Alex Smith is the best QB we could have acquired. The only reason to have a career backup is they would be easier for a rookie to supplant, but that's a bad reason to have a lesser QB start for a year or so.

crispystl 03-30-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9538837)
No chance this years is a 3rd rounder. 4 or 5. They aren't going to leave themselves one pick in the first 3 rounds.

Dude, it's the RAIDERS

crispystl 03-30-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9539099)
I disagree with your entire list.

There's only one guy today that I'd bench Kaepernick for and that's Cam Newton.

WTF?

crispystl 03-30-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Van Halen (Post 9539241)
Mr. McCloud,
Do we really know much about Kaepernak? Is it possible his success was due to the fact no one had film on him? Did it almost seem like teams were figuring him out -- especially in the Super Bowl?

FAX!

crispystl 03-30-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9539364)
IMO

the 49ers and Seahawks are the best two teams in the NFL, and by a pretty good margin

amazing how the NFC West transitioned so quickly

QBs

crispystl 03-30-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9540257)
That Steven Jackson decided to Gonzalez the Rams this offseason fills me with melancholy.

Steven Jackson HAS to be the most overrated RB of all time.

DaneMcCloud 03-30-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 9542553)
WTF?

Do you actually have something to say?

crispystl 03-30-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9541035)
great

I just love that argument.

"Matt Ryan blows because he loses in the playoffs."

JFC

for the record, his playoff losses have come to Arizona (should have won the Super Bowl), Packers (won the Super Bowl), Giants (won the Super Bowl) and the 49ers (probably should have won the Super Bowl)...

so yeah, he is 1-4 and lost while holding the #1 seed twice against the Packers (who no one was going to beat) and the 49ers (where he played a pretty good game)...

but the idea that Matt Ryan isn't, at the very least, a very good and capable QB is ****ing nonsense. He's 5 years into his career and he has shown great consistency and at least passes the god damn eye test.

I can't wait for someone to tell me they'd take Joe Flacco over Matt Ryan because Flacco has postseason success.

This board makes me want to gauge my eyes out sometimes.

I'd take Ryan over Flacco

DaneMcCloud 03-30-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 9542817)
I'd take Ryan over Flacco

You'll take a guy that's won exactly ONE playoff game, with superior offensive talent, in the past 5 years, over a guy that just won the Super Bowl and lit it up for 6 straight weeks (not to mention five straight years of playoff wins)?

What the **** are you smokin'?