ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smiths accuracy wowing fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275091)

FlaChief58 08-05-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861482)
Oh, okay.

STFU

So, this team is worse than the 2010 team?

:shake:

I believe the team is better, but would not be shocked if the get off to a slow start while they get used to the new scheme. An 8 game swing is pretty tough to do in the NFL, so I think 10 wins is about their ceiling for this year.

chiefzilla1501 08-05-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 9861497)
Shitty second/third corner and a qb who won't sniff 27 tds this year.

It's possible

Alex Smith is a hell of a lot better than Cassel, even if he's not elite

Robinson is a hell of a lot better than Donald Washington

Sean Smith isn't exactly a disaster

If we're talking about those 3 positions alone, the 2013 roster is better by a mile. And that's not counting the fact that our D-line and O-line are going to be significantly better, as will our pass rush.

FlaChief58 08-05-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9861507)
how can you tell someone to shut the **** up as a counter argument to Smith being injury prone.

newsflash: hes injury prone and should be the biggest concern. He is one hit away from having any chance of a winning season go down the toilet. His shoulder is flimsy and his skull is mashed potatoes. He cant take another hit to either and get by.

The fact that he takes a lot of hits/sacks is why you should be concerned with the injuries. He likes holding the ball cause he doesnt want to give up the interception, but the double edged sword is hes giving up is body and prone to getting hurt in the process.

Keep doubting Bray!

Buzz 08-05-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9861475)
Stop drinking and go to bed...

True fans don't stop drinking or go to bed, besides it preseason and I have watched all the episodes of naked and afraid, now I'm just naked and afraid.

Hammock Parties 08-05-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861482)
Oh, okay.

STFU

So, this team is worse than the 2010 team?

:shake:

2010 team played a ridiculously easy schedule.

This is a tough schedule this year, IMO. I know, you will disagree.

mcaj22 08-05-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9861514)

If we're talking about those 3 positions alone, the 2013 roster is better by a mile. And that's not counting the fact that our D-line and O-line are going to be significantly better, as will our pass rush.

Dunta Robinson is Stanford Routt part II

Sean Smith is probably a little better than Javier Arenas

Our FS is still a pathetic pile of talent. The fact that we still havent went after a real FS to go with Berry boggles my mind with the slow turds that cant play the run or the pass we put back the last couple of years.

Hell, call Jon McGraw I'd rather have him

FlaChief58 08-05-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tainted (Post 9861519)
True fans don't stop drinking or go to bed, besides it preseason and I have watched all the episodes of naked and afraid, now I'm just naked and afraid.

Heroin is a helluva drug

Setsuna 08-05-2013 09:00 PM

5 pages? Come on guys.

New World Order 08-05-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Smith is not better than a 2010 Matt Cassel, he never has been.

Carr is 20x better than one of the worst starting corners in the game, Sean Smith.

Robinson looked awful last year, so it's a toss up.

Tribal Warfare 08-05-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

He won't last though not because of the OL, but due to his playing style that dictates that you have to take hit once in awhile if you don't slide quickly enough or get out of bounds at the proper point.

Tombstone RJ 08-05-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9861475)
Stop drinking and go to bed...

well... ok.

mcaj22 08-05-2013 09:03 PM

Dunta Robinson has been awful ever since he ripped his hamstring off his leg, got really slow and then had 2 or 3 concussions in his time in Atlanta

I mean, thats pretty much how you lose a gigantic step and arent worth close to the money you are getting.

he's not worth what we gave him either. Just a desperate contract prior to FA in case we couldnt get anything else in FA or the draft, which was stupid when we could have easily drafted a CB at 1 overall instead of a ****ing RT.

chiefzilla1501 08-05-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9861523)
Dunta Robinson is Stanford Routt part II

Sean Smith is probably a little better than Javier Arenas

Our FS is still a pathetic pile of talent. The fact that we still havent went after a real FS to go with Berry boggles my mind with the slow turds that cant play the run or the pass we put back the last couple of years.

Hell, call Jon McGraw I'd rather have him

You're exaggerating. Robinson and Smith aren't world beaters, but they're not major liabilities at their positions. And Demps / Abdullah add depth, and can potentially start. It's a hell of a lot better than the year we were forced to start Piscitelli and sometimes Donald Washington at Safety. Our Secondary is adequate enough.

BigCatDaddy 08-05-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9860550)
Oh, good ****ing grief.

85% completion rate is expected???

Are you new?

I've heard Alice described by people from SF as "The Best QB in the NFL Monday-Saturday". So yeah it's somewhat expected and anything else would be a cause for concern.

BossChief 08-05-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9861363)
And you realize that being wrong last year has zero bearing on this year?

If you want to dismiss unbiased opinion, go for it. You are the guy who said our judgement was clouded by our wants and desires.

What is clouding the opinions of neutral NFL analyst who think the team has talent and potential this season?

JFC you arent happy unless everyone is sitting around the campfire talking about the Chiefs winning this years superbowl while making s'mores, are you?

I've said lots and lots of positive stuff about Alex, but when I say he struggles for a few plays, some here act like I am insulting a family member of theirs.

Sorry, but this team won 2 games last year and until they start showing that things are turning around significantly, there is nothing wrong with being in wait and see mode where we don't believe this is a playoff team until they can beat good teams in real games on Sunday's.

mcaj22 08-05-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9861543)
You're exaggerating. Robinson and Smith aren't world beaters, but they're not major liabilities at their positions. And Demps / Abdullah add depth, and can potentially start. It's a hell of a lot better than the year we were forced to start Piscitelli and sometimes Donald Washington at Safety. Our Secondary is adequate enough.

Dunta Robinson was one of the worst CBs in the league last year

Kendrick Lewis was the worst FS

do you not watch football?

FlaChief58 08-05-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9861565)

Sorry, but this team won 2 games last year and until they start showing that things are turning around significantly, there is nothing wrong with being in wait and see mode where we don't believe this is a playoff team until they can beat good teams in real games on Sunday's.

Amen :clap:

petegz28 08-05-2013 09:14 PM

Meh, it's camp. That being said some of you are just a pocket full of shit. If the reports in camp say Alex is doing bad you're all over it, blasting him saying he sucks and what not.

If a report says he is doing good you pick it apart and find reasons to bitch about it.

It's ****ing camp. In his last 25 games the guy has been one of the best QB's in the league.

Just chill and let's see how things unfold for a bit.

Cassel is gone...enjoy it for a few pre-season games, already

BossChief 08-05-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9861521)

We have a lot of winnable games this year. This isn't a tough schedule.

Buzz 08-05-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9861527)
Heroin is a helluva drug

and here I thought it was the Kool-Aid? Just saying hopes are high, the bar is low, rinse repeat, another season of being a Chiefs fan.

chiefzilla1501 08-05-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9861568)
Dunta Robinson was one of the worst CBs in the league last year

Kendrick Lewis was the worst FS

do you not watch football?

Dunta Robinson is adequate enough to play Nickel and he's not one of the worst in the league. Kendrick Lewis is the same Kendrick Lewis we've played with the last 3 years, unless I'm missing something. The panic over a Nickel corner and Free Safety is just plain ridiculous. We're not going to put 11 pro bowlers on the field.

petegz28 08-05-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9861577)

It may be tough and it may not be. Every year the NFL has a ton of surprises and the one thing we can count on is what we say in pre-season will be much different than what we say come playoff time

Hammock Parties 08-05-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9861577)

I've seen people post some funny stuff like "we can beat Dallas."

FlaChief58 08-05-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tainted (Post 9861579)
and here I thought it was the Kool-Aid? Just saying hopes are high, the bar is low, rinse repeat, another season of being a Chiefs fan.

Sounds about right

Hammock Parties 08-05-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9861581)
Dunta Robinson is adequate enough to play Nickel and he's not one of the worst in the league.

Dunta Robinson gave up 835 goddamn yards last year. Only 4 guys allowed more.

The season before he was DEAD LAST in yards per reception allowed (17.5).

He's SHIT.

I had given this regime a free pass on this signing because I thought he was going to play FS.

Instead he's going to play the same position he's sucked ass at for two years.

BossChief 08-05-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Dunta Robinson is adequate enough to play Nickel and he's not one of the worst in the league. Kendrick Lewis is the same Kendrick Lewis we've played with the last 3 years, unless I'm missing something. The panic over a Nickel corner and Free Safety is just plain ridiculous. We're not going to put 11 pro bowlers on the field.

Robinson is gonna be a complete liability. He couldn't stay with anyone when I was at camp.

Any team with a halfway decent slot receiver is gonna destroy him.

opposition 08-05-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9861547)
I've heard Alice described by people from SF as "The Best QB in the NFL Monday-Saturday". So yeah it's somewhat expected and anything else would be a cause for concern.

Well his 13-3, 6-2 seasons have proven them wrong again. These same people used to call Alex a bust because his "hands were too small." These are the same people that said 49ers defense was the only reason they beat NO in the playoffs, even though they gave up 460+ yards and 4td's. Pretty comical things these idiots used to come up with to hate the guy. Just shows the brain capacity of certain "fans".

One of the greatest things was thinking a 5th round pick in Nate Davis was the savior of the team(Tyler Bray). Threads on threads on how amazing that guy was going to be. Pretty sure he has never even played a meaningful snap to this day. Anybody but Alex even when they were winning games.

chiefzilla1501 08-05-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9861565)
JFC you arent happy unless everyone is sitting around the campfire talking about the Chiefs winning this years superbowl while making s'mores, are you?

I've said lots and lots of positive stuff about Alex, but when I say he struggles for a few plays, some here act like I am insulting a family member of theirs.

Boss, while I agree with you, let's be real here. This isn't an argument about whether the Chiefs make the playoffs or not. Let's be clear about the hidden agenda. The naysayers are the ones who believe the Chiefs are going to miss the playoffs badly.

keg in kc 08-05-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9861597)
Boss, while I agree with you, let's be real here. This isn't an argument about whether the Chiefs make the playoffs or not. Let's be clear about the hidden agenda. The naysayers are the ones who believe the Chiefs are going to miss the playoffs badly.

Who the hell is saying they believe that?

tk13 08-05-2013 09:25 PM

I don't know how people argue about schedules every year. Not once have they ever turned out like we thought they would. There are always surprise teams and teams that fall off the map.

keg in kc 08-05-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9861605)
I don't know how people argue about schedules every year. Not once have they ever turned out like we thought they would.

Welcome to the internet! Have a look around!

BossChief 08-05-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Lewis is one of the worst tacklers in the whole league and is just a guy in coverage.

Robinson is shit.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9861585)

Hold on.

Why cant we?

Hammock Parties 08-05-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9861607)
Hold on.

Why cant we?

Tony Romo.

End of story.

tk13 08-05-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9861606)
Welcome to the internet! Have a look around!

I know. But this is an easy one. Surely anyone that can wipe themselves after a bathroom visit can understand it.

tk13 08-05-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9861616)
Tony Romo.

End of story.

I don't know why you're trying so hard. You're becoming such a caricature of yourself you're drifting into an irrelevant troll. I gloss over half your posts anymore.

BossChief 08-05-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9861603)

I think 6-10 wins is realistic. If I had a gun to my head and had to pick a number, I'd probably go with 7.

If we lose a few major players at spots we are thin, I can see maybe only winning 5, but that would take a lot.

If we stay healthy and get a few bounces to go our way, I can see us maybe pushing our wins to 11.

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9861521)

The Jags, Raiders and Chargers are awful. The Browns, Eagles and Bills aren't good teams, either. The Titans aren't even average and they're very beatable.

In the first nine games, I see the Chiefs losing to or having difficulty with the Cowboys, Giants and Texans. The other six are very winnable games.

In the final seven games, the Chiefs have Denver and San Diego twice and Oakland on the road. I can see them splitting with the Broncos and losing to the Redskins and Colts.

IF the players and coaches meet expectations, winning 10 games is very doable, IMO. Beating a bunch of inferior teams while losing to superior teams won't likely make for a playoff run but it beats the hell out of 2-14.

Hammock Parties 08-05-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9861620)
I don't know why you're trying so hard. You're becoming such a caricature of yourself you're drifting into an irrelevant troll. I gloss over half your posts anymore.

Tony Romo is a playmaking QB.

Last time we lost to the Cowboys, it was because of him.

Last time Alex Smith played Tony Romo, guess who won?

Tony Romo.

This team will lose to the Dallas Cowboys.

And it will be for one reason.

Tony Romo.

BossChief 08-05-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Tony Romo.

End of story.

I think our front seven is gonna cause nightmares to teams like Dallas, bro.

That's gonna be a 5+ sack game for us.

Hammock Parties 08-05-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861625)
The Jags, Raiders and Chargers are awful. The Browns, Eagles and Bills aren't good teams, either. The Titans aren't even average and they're very beatable.

So all the bad teams from last year will stay bad except the Chiefs?

Got it.

tk13 08-05-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9861626)

Tony Romo.

Tony Romo.

That's why your playmaking QB has as many playoff wins as Alex Smith.

opposition 08-05-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Tony Romo.

Tony Romo.

Game went into OT and Romo hit a wide open Justin Holley first play. Broken coverage. But Alex's fault.

Brock 08-05-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Tony Romo.

Tony Romo.

Sure thing, hootie.

Tombstone RJ 08-05-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861625)

In the first nine games, I see the Chiefs losing to or having difficulty with the Cowboys, Giants and Texans. The other six are very winnable games.

In the final seven games, the Chiefs have Denver and San Diego twice and Oakland on the road. I can see them splitting with the Broncos and losing to the Redskins and Colts.

IF the players and coaches meet expectations, winning 10 games is very doable, IMO. Beating a bunch of inferior teams while losing to superior teams won't likely make for a playoff run but it beats the hell out of 2-14.

you can't be serious? You do realize that these "inferior" teams are looking at kc as a doable win, right? Every year people say "oh, it's an easy schedule" or "wow, that's a hard schedule" and every year there's too much change due to parity.

chiefzilla1501 08-05-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9861592)
Robinson is gonna be a complete liability. He couldn't stay with anyone when I was at camp.

Any team with a halfway decent slot receiver is gonna destroy him.

The Dunta comments are a bit overstated. He is a press Corner who is asked to play a ton of Zone. He's not going to be a liability and if they need a speed guy, they have plenty of options. Demps, namely.

Then you have guys like Demps who is fine at the position, or Commings who could grow into the position. And Robinson can still easily compete for the FS position while those guys slide into a more full time nickel role. The doom and gloom over our secondary is unfounded.

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9861628)
So all the bad teams from last year will stay bad except the Chiefs?

Got it.

Do you see any reason to believe that the Chargers won't take a step back? Why the Raiders will improve? Why Buffalo, with likely a rookie QB and rookie head coach isn't a beatable team?

In Cleveland, under a new head coach, a 30 year old second year QB, a questionable receiving corp, no tight end and with the ownership under an FBI investigation? Or Philly, with a new scheme, the loss of Maclin, the nonsense with Cooper and no set QB?

You're just playing the troll.

chiefzilla1501 08-05-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9861603)

Not you.

But it's not hard to see there are plenty in this thread pushing the agenda that this team is going to be terrible.

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9861637)
you can't be serious? You do realize that these "inferior" teams are looking at kc as a doable win, right?

Nonsense. Teams like Oakland, San Diego, Cleveland, Philly and Buffalo will be concerned with stopping Charles and Bowe. Stopping the pass rush from Hali and Houston.

I can absolutely guarantee you that those offensive and defensive coordinators aren't taking the Chiefs lightly.

tk13 08-05-2013 09:42 PM

I do know one thing, we'd all wither off and die without these solid takes from GoChiefs and Hootie. It's amazing this board hasn't collapsed upon itself.

chiefzilla1501 08-05-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9861607)
Lewis is one of the worst tacklers in the whole league and is just a guy in coverage.

Robinson is shit.

Hold on.

Why cant we?

I don't care for Lewis. But people were comparing this team to the 2010 team. And Lewis is the same Lewis that played for that team, and is a shitload better than the year we had to use a combo of Piscitelli and often either Travis Daniels or Donald Washington.

BossChief 08-05-2013 09:43 PM

If Alex Smith can play in games as well as he did in practice, we SHOULD beat Dallas.

At least in my opinion we should.

They are transitioning from a longstanding 3-4 pressure based defense to a version of the Tampa 2...I can already see Reid being able to exploit some of those growing pains and I already voiced my opinion about the other side of the ball.

Their only chance at beating us: Dante Robinson.

Tribal Warfare 08-05-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9861585)

Alex will have to get by(survive) the Giants then the Texans before he faces Denver too

Tombstone RJ 08-05-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861643)
Nonsense. Teams like Oakland, San Diego, Cleveland, Philly and Buffalo will be concerned with stopping Charles and Bowe. Stopping the pass rush from Hali and Houston.

I can absolutely guarantee you that those offensive and defensive coordinators aren't taking the Chiefs lightly.

Oakland sucks but they always play kc tuff, just like kc always plays the Broncos tuff. It's not a write in sweep for you guys. San Diego got rid of it's biggest problem, the head coach. There's a good chance SD will be an improved team this coming season, their biggest question is their defense. Philly and Buffalo are complete unknowns at this point, and this is no different than kc. KC is a complete unknown as of right now.

mcaj22 08-05-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9861638)
The Dunta comments are a bit overstated. He is a press Corner who is asked to play a ton of Zone. He's not going to be a liability and if they need a speed guy, they have plenty of options. Demps, namely.

Then you have guys like Demps who is fine at the position, or Commings who could grow into the position. And Robinson can still easily compete for the FS position while those guys slide into a more full time nickel role. The doom and gloom over our secondary is unfounded.

first of all Demps doesnt play CB, so hes not replacing Dunta.

second of all, ask any Eagles or Texans fan and they will tell you Demps is terrible, hes never been a consistent starter and hes just depth.

You are really reaching for defending this secondary. At the end of the day the only true blue collar consistent player is Brandon Flowers at one CB spot. Then we have a playmaker in Eric Berry and that's ****ing it. A bunch of other guys that are JAGs or below average starting NFL talent in 2013,

mcaj22 08-05-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9861648)
If Alex Smith can play in games as well as he did in practice, we SHOULD beat Dallas.

At least in my opinion we should.

They are transitioning from a longstanding 3-4 pressure based defense to a version of the Tampa 2...I can already see Reid being able to exploit some of those growing pains and I already voiced my opinion about the other side of the ball.

Their only chance at beating us: Dante Robinson.

teams will still be able to go vertical on us because

A) we have nobody that can cover the slot or TE still
B) we have no FS that can cover the pass or tackle
C) we have no DL that can generate a pass rush/collapse the pocket

so the passing routes will still be open, I dont care how good Flowers and Sean Smith are at jamming their guys, that still leaves mismatches for the slot, TE, HB, etc

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9861654)
Oakland sucks but they always play kc tuff, just like kc always plays the Broncos tuff. It's not a write in sweep for you guys. San Diego got rid of it's biggest problem, the head coach. There's a good chance SD will be an improved team this coming season, their biggest question is their defense. Philly and Buffalo are complete unknowns at this point, and this is no different than kc. KC is a complete unknown as of right now.

KC is in no way an "unknown". If you eliminate half the turnovers from last year (which should be easy) and this team is 8-8.

I don't believe that San Diego has improved. They still have serious offensive line questions, no WR's, a brokedick running back and questions on defense. I believe they take a step back before moving forward.

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9861659)

so the passing routes will still be open, I dont care how good Flowers and Sean Smith are at jamming their guys, that still leaves mismatches for the slot, TE, HB, etc

The defensive line will be improved this year, as will the secondary. Abdullah and the rest are far better than what's been trotted out there for the past few seasons.

The new scheme will play a big role in the defense's improvement.

mcaj22 08-05-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861661)
The defensive line will be improved this year, as will the secondary. Abdullah and the rest are far better than what's been trotted out there for the past few seasons.

Abdullah hasnt played an NFL game in 2 years and you just expect him to come out and be good?

New World Order 08-05-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861639)
Do you see any reason to believe that the Chargers won't take a step back? Why the Raiders will improve? Why Buffalo, with likely a rookie QB and rookie head coach isn't a beatable team?

In Cleveland, under a new head coach, a 30 year old second year QB, a questionable receiving corp, no tight end and with the ownership under an FBI investigation? Or Philly, with a new scheme, the loss of Maclin, the nonsense with Cooper and no set QB?

You're just playing the troll.

We will not beat the Chargers twice and there is no chance in hell Phili is a win.

Wins/Possible Wins:

Jax
Tenn
Oak 2x
Cle
Buff
SD

Boom. 7-9.

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9861662)
Abdullah hasnt played an NFL game in 2 years and you just expect him to come out and be good?

I think he'll be better than McGraw and the other brokedicks that played in 2011 and 2012.

chiefzilla1501 08-05-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9861659)

You really have no idea how the Ryan defense works. You continue to obsess over the defensive line and their supposed inability to rush the passer. Yet ignore that we have an outstanding set of pass rushing LBs that the Jets never really had.

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 9861664)
We will not beat the Chargers twice and there is no chance in hell Phili is a win.

Wins/Possible Wins:

Jax
Tenn
Oak 2x
Cle
Buff
SD

Boom. 7-9.

Thoroughly disagree

New World Order 08-05-2013 09:58 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262959

Tombstone RJ 08-05-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861660)
KC is in no way an "unknown". If you eliminate half the turnovers from last year (which should be easy) and this team is 8-8.

I don't believe that San Diego has improved. They still have serious offensive line questions, no WR's, a brokedick running back and questions on defense. I believe they take a step back before moving forward.

Yah, you are right. kc is gonna steam roll the competition...

BigBeauford 08-05-2013 10:01 PM

I for one will be thrilled if Alex can put together a respectable season(~3500 yards). Really we don't have much to lose. If Alex tanks or gets injured, we can hedge or bets on the future, which very well may be Bray. If he succeeds, we won't be the laughing stock and I won't have wasted another year on Sunday Ticket. Both outcomes will be just fine.

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9861674)
Yah, you are right. kc is gonna steam roll the competition...

Is that what I've said, Jackass? No, it's not.

I think that the Chiefs can beat teams that finished with less than a .500 record from last year. I think they'll struggle to beat any team that finished above .500.

Is that so difficult for your donkey brain to comprehend?

Hammock Parties 08-05-2013 10:04 PM

"chiefs are good and will be awesome"

/Dane, 2013 offseason

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9861682)
"chiefs are good and will be awesome"

/Dane, 2013 offseason

I like it on the mouth and anus/GoChiefs 1981-2013

New World Order 08-05-2013 10:08 PM

Dane and Alex Smith Fan in the palm of Clay's hand. It will be sweet, oh yes, it will be sweet.

Hammock Parties 08-05-2013 10:08 PM

So I'm straight starting in 2014?

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 9861687)
Dane and Alex Smith Fan in the palm of Clay's hand. It will be sweet, oh yes, it will be sweet.

?

New World Order 08-05-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861692)
?

You and Alex Smith Fan will humble yourselves before me and Clay.

BossChief 08-05-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861660)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9861661)

The new scheme will play a big role in the defense's improvement.

1) KC absolutely IS an unknown
2) half the turnovers were the fault of players that are gone, the other half were the fault of players still here
3) Abdullah hasn't played in a year and still hasn't practiced.
4) Dante Robinson is gonna be bad. Be prepared to yell at him and about him. I could probably get separation on him...ok that's obviously a joke.
5) the new defense is gonna have it's growing pains and I think it has a couple fatal flaws.

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9861699)
1) KC absolutely IS an unknown
2) half the turnovers were the fault of players that are gone, the other half were the fault of players still here
3) Abdullah hasn't played in a year and still hasn't practiced.
4) Dante Robinson is gonna be bad. Be prepared to yell at him and about him. I could probably get separation on him...ok that's obviously a joke.
5) the new defense is gonna have it's growing pains and I think it has a couple fatal flaws.

Again, agree to disagree. I don't think they're unknown. I do think they have flaws, which is why I believe they'll struggle against good teams. But I think they'll beat bad teams, and the Chiefs play quite a few bad teams this year, with far bigger issues.

New World Order 08-05-2013 10:15 PM

Why does everyone think this d will be good? It's solid, nothing more.

Jakemall 08-05-2013 10:19 PM

Wow...look at how many people were upset because Alex had a good day. Jeez. I wanna see the forums when they actually win a game.

chiefzilla1501 08-05-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 9861703)
Why does everyone think this d will be good? It's solid, nothing more.

I don't know anyone who's said that. I said a few weeks ago that this defense was a fringe top 10 defense, IF Sutton can run the Ryan scheme pretty well. I think most optimists feel that way.

DeezNutz 08-05-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9861708)
I don't know anyone who's said that. I said a few weeks ago that this defense was a fringe top 10 defense, IF Sutton can run the Ryan scheme pretty well. I think most optimists feel that way.

Sac, unless I'm completely misreading his tone, has said the Chiefs D is going to be top 3.

Buzz 08-05-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9861688)
So I'm straight starting in 2014?

Lube, no thanks,Clay takes it like a man!

Pasta Little Brioni 08-05-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Tony Romo.

End of story.

Trollololololo or ROFL