ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Miami's Martin leaves team after 'emotional breakdown' (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278125)

seaofred 11-04-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10159658)
Martin turned the VMs over to the Dolphins and NFLPA. So yeah....I'm going to assume they've heard them.

Right, but has any of the public? I guess, what "tone" were these VM's in?

kstater 11-04-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 10159659)
I agree, and think Richie probably is scum, but there is two sides to every story.

Exactly. I'm sure when telling Martin he was going to shit in his mouth, they were politely describing what fetishes they liked.

Easy 6 11-04-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 10159643)
Outside of the texts and VMs that have been released? Or maybe his dads post on the Dolphin Message Board?

Cant believe his dad would interject himself like that, its easy to see why richie's a dickhead when you consider the idiot he was raised by.

Dude has no business whatsoever putting himself out there like that.

mcaj22 11-04-2013 03:02 PM

these are two extreme personalities and it falls on Miami for thinking it was a good idea to draft Martin with Ritchie already on the team

Ritchie was a huge red flag character guy and Martin was scouted as too soft and his mental toughness was questioned by many teams, even Scott Pioli said that's why he passed on him.

It's like putting an extreme republican and democrat in the same room and saying okay, play nice.

The Franchise 11-04-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 10159666)

Seriously? Tone?

Have you read the transcripts? He dropped the N bomb and told him he'd shit in his mouth. Not sure tone matters with that.

LoneWolf 11-04-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10159624)
There would have been repercussions, like... you would have told the coaches and they would have pulled Pestilence?

To me, that's a giant douchebag move if you're a team captain on a high school team and you have stuff beyond that level of accountability. The RG isn't a team player? Well neither is the ****head of a QB, and there's probably not much the team captains would have done there to stop the tard from chucking the ball at the guy's head in practice.

I did high school football my freshman year but quit after that because of locker room garbage what you're talking about. We're a high school team, not a BCS college team or a professional team. Save your status as a team captain for a time when it actually matters.

First off, a QB treating a player on the team like that would have never happened. The high school I went to has a rich football tradition and is normally one of the top 2-3 teams in the state in its class. All player issues were taken care of by the players and while I was in school never involved physical violence. We wouldn't have went to the coaches. Repercussions probably would of consisted of running what we called "Jacob's Ladder." You start on the goal line and run to the 5 yard line and do one push-up, run back to the goal line and do two push-ups, run to the 10 yard line and do three push-ups, and repeat until you are running from goal line to goal line.

I understand Pestilence doing what he did if there wasn't anyone on the team willing to call out he QB on his bad behavior. That just wasn't ow things were done where I went to school. I wasn't calling Pestilence a pussy or anything. Just making an observation.

Carlota69 11-04-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10159678)
Seriously? Tone?

Have you read the transcripts? He dropped the N bomb and told him he'd shit in his mouth. Not sure tone matters with that.

And threatened his family. Does tone matter then too???

themanwithnoname 11-04-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 10159632)
Does anyone know Richie I. side of the story? Or is Martin's the only side coming out in the media?

I'm going to guess his side of the story will just make him look worse, but I look forward to him being a clueless ****ing asshole and try to defend himself and show just how big of a piece of shit he is.

Marco Polo 11-04-2013 03:08 PM

Per Rotoworld:

A "ranking club source" tells the Miami Herald LG Richie Incognito is "done" with the Dolphins.

"There are procedures in place and everyone wants to be fair," the source said. "But from a club perspective he'll never play another game here." The Herald reports Incognito is planning to defend himself in a " robust manner," but it's not going to matter. The Dolphins are tired of Incognito's antics, which appear to have gone well beyond "antics" with Jonathan Martin. Now on the wrong side of 30 and a volatile personality going back to his days at Nebraska, it's quite possible Incognito's career is through, as well.

LoneWolf 11-04-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Seriously? Tone?

What I don't understand is why Martin let him get away with calling him the n-word. Any of my black friends or their friends I've met would go ballistic if someone, especially a white person, used that name. You would think Martin would have walked into the locker room looking to kick some ass.

Carlota69 11-04-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 10159712)
Per Rotoworld:

A "ranking club source" tells the Miami Herald LG Richie Incognito is "done" with the Dolphins.

"There are procedures in place and everyone wants to be fair," the source said. "But from a club perspective he'll never play another game here." The Herald reports Incognito is planning to defend himself in a " robust manner," but it's not going to matter. The Dolphins are tired of Incognito's antics, which appear to have gone well beyond "antics" with Jonathan Martin. Now on the wrong side of 30 and a volatile personality going back to his days at Nebraska, it's quite possible Incognito's career is through, as well.

Good. **** that piece of shit!

Discuss Thrower 11-04-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Per Rotoworld:

Obligatory "take a flier out on him" post

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2013 03:12 PM

In for look!

-King- 11-04-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

:spock:

ChiTown 11-04-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Per Rotoworld:

"Richie! Raiders are on the phone. Tell those slimy mother ****ers I'll call them back. I'm cyber bullying a red-headed crippled Mexican teenager on Facebook right now.............."

ForeverChiefs58 11-04-2013 03:18 PM

Multiple sources confirmed to ESPN that the following is a transcript of a voice message Incognito left for Martin in April 2013, a year after Martin was drafted:

"Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of s---. I saw you on Twitter, you been training 10 weeks. [I want to] s--- in your f------ mouth. [I'm going to] slap your f------ mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. F--- you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."
Sources also say Martin received a series of texts that include derogatory terms referring to the female anatomy and sexual orientation.

-King- 11-04-2013 03:20 PM

What kind of 30+ year old person does that? I guess it's one thing to bully him face to face. But how do you pick up a phone and call him and leave those voice mails? He's that bored?

The Franchise 11-04-2013 03:21 PM

One NFL personnel man told USA Today's Tom Pelissero that Richie Incognito's career is likely over.

Incognito bullied Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin to the point that he essentially had a mental meltdown and left the team. "Lol," the personnel man replied when asked by Pelissero whether Incognito will be claimed off waivers. "I think he can file his retirement papers." Incognito graded out as a top-13 guard in Pro Football Focus' ratings, so his loss is a concern on the field.

Marcellus 11-04-2013 03:24 PM

Damn they just played an interview with Incognito form last year saying the whole OL was going to get Jet Ski's from then rookie Tennehill whether he likes it or not. They were going to get the $ one way or another.

JFC the Dolphins are dumb.

Easy 6 11-04-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10159781)
Damn they just played an interview with Incognito form last year saying the whole OL was going to get Jet Ski's from then rookie Tennehill whether he likes it or not. They were going to get the $ one way or another.

JFC the Dolphins are dumb.

WOW

Carlota69 11-04-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10159744)
"Richie! Raiders are on the phone. Tell those slimy mother ****ers I'll call them back. I'm cyber bullying a red-headed crippled Mexican teenager on Facebook right now.............."

:LOL:

Amnorix 11-04-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Seriously? Tone?

Maybe he POLITELY said he was going to shit in his mouth and slap his mother in the face?

Amnorix 11-04-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Per Rotoworld:

Gee, ya think?

Couldn't happen to a bigger turd...errr, I mean, a nicer guy...

patteeu 11-04-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10159595)
While that's a funny story and I'm glad he stopped bothering you, I disagree with the way you handled the situation. I was the defensive captain of my high school team and if I or either of the other two captains would have caught a player tanking a play on purpose for personal reasons, there would have been repercussions.

If you were a captain on his team, maybe you should have already dealt with the problem at QB.

Edit: I read your subsequent post.

Mr. Laz 11-04-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

wow

patteeu 11-04-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10159671)
Cant believe his dad would interject himself like that, its easy to see why richie's a dickhead when you consider the idiot he was raised by.

Dude has no business whatsoever putting himself out there like that.

I don't know. Given the culture here at ChiefsPlanet, I could see some of our posters acting that way on the team boards of their sons.

Titty Meat 11-04-2013 03:48 PM

We need to upgrade our interior line

DaneMcCloud 11-04-2013 03:49 PM

I didn't realize until just a few minutes ago that Incognito was kicked off Nebraska's football team, then Oregon's team before he even played a snap.

What an epic asshole this guy must be.

seaofred 11-04-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10159846)
wow

I'm not trying to defend him or take his side, just curious of both sides of this.

Amnorix 11-04-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10159872)
I didn't realize until just a few minutes ago that Incognito was kicked off Nebraska's football team, then Oregon's team before he even played a snap.

Yes, yes he is.

http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/Ri...ndering_Me.jpg

Amnorix 11-04-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 10159884)
I'm not trying to defend him or take his side, just curious of both sides of this.

What "tone" could possibly soften this? This pretty clearly isn't good-natured bantering. This is a flaming A-hole doing what flaming A-holes do.

"Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of s---. I saw you on Twitter, you been training 10 weeks. [I want to] s--- in your f------ mouth. [I'm going to] slap your f------ mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. F--- you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

Garcia Bronco 11-04-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 10159886)

If only douche bags had a way of marking themselves so we could pick them out of a crowd.

seaofred 11-04-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 10159890)
What "tone" could possibly soften this? This pretty clearly isn't good-natured bantering. This is a flaming A-hole doing what flaming A-holes do.

What if Richie said this to Martin in response to something Martin said previously? Would that change things? What if Richie and Martin said this type of stuff back and forth to each other, and Martin ended up getting his feelings hurt? I'm just saying we don't know the whole story.

Mr. Laz 11-04-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10159727)
What I don't understand is why Martin let him get away with calling him the n-word. Any of my black friends or their friends I've met would go ballistic if someone, especially a white person, used that name. You would think Martin would have walked into the locker room looking to kick some ass.

people keep trying to make this a problem with the victim

:shake:

Why aren't you saying 'what i don't understand is why cognito wanted to torment a fellow teammate'?

i'd rather have a world full of 'pussies' than a world full of jerks.

DaneMcCloud 11-04-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 10159903)
What if Richie said this to Martin in response to something Martin said previously? Would that change things? What if Richie and Martin said this type of stuff back and forth to each other, and Martin ended up getting his feelings hurt? I'm just saying we don't know the whole story.

And you're clearly uninformed.

Stop the baseless speculation.

LoneWolf 11-04-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 10159900)
If only douche bags had a way of marking themselves so we could pick them out of a crowd.

They do. Did you not see the tribal tattoo along with the dumb **** look on his face? The signs are everywhere. You just have to look with a keener eye.

Garcia Bronco 11-04-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Yeah...but we know enough.

luv 11-04-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

There's plenty of back story where Richie is involved though.

mcaj22 11-04-2013 04:10 PM

lol how did he get kicked off Oregon before ever even seeing a snap

I can see him just showing up and trying to do his schtick and Oregon saying yeah, scram. Think about it they had guys like Legarette Blount and the bozo QB that did whatever he did, stole stuff? So how bad of an asshole do you have to be for them to say not a ****ing chance.

LoneWolf 11-04-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10159914)
people keep trying to make this a problem with the victim

:shake:

Why aren't you saying 'what i don't understand is why cognito wanted to torment a fellow teammate'?

i'd rather have a world full of 'pussies' than a world full of jerks.

I'm not making it about the victim. What Incognito did us inexcusable and I hope he never plays again. I was just a little shocked at Martin's reaction based on my limited experience with black people being called the n-word. Martina's reaction is his and I'm not saying it's wrong and I'm not calling him a pussy. I just expected something different when I read the transcript of the voice mails.

Amnorix 11-04-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

It's SPECTACULARLY clear that that isn't what happened.

-King- 11-04-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10159950)
I'm not making it about the victim. What Incognito did us inexcusable and I hope he never plays again. I was just a little shocked at Martin's reaction based on my limited experience with black people being called the n-word. Martina's reaction is his and I'm not saying it's wrong and I'm not calling him a pussy. I just expected something different when I read the transcript of the voice mails.

Eh. Some people just don't like fighting. Some people just like to be the quiet guy that comes to work and does their job. Can't fault a guy for that.

LoneWolf 11-04-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10160017)
Eh. Some people just don't like fighting. Some people just like to be the quiet guy that comes to work and does their job. Can't fault a guy for that.

I agree. It just seems that particular word coming from a white guy elicits a particular Pavlovian response in a majority of black people.

wazu 11-04-2013 04:42 PM

Seems like Incognito is taking 100% of the fall for this. Didn't the triggering incident involve multiple people acting like assholes? Incognito may be their king, but I haven't even heard any other names.

swayy07 11-04-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 10160037)
Seems like Incognito is taking 100% of the fall for this. Didn't the triggering incident involve multiple people acting like assholes? Incognito may be their king, but I haven't even heard any other names.

idk about the other players but he is the one with the longest rap sheet so it makes sense it would get pinned on him.

Rain Man 11-04-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10159872)

Wow. I didn't know about the Oregon thing.

Rain Man 11-04-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Good question.

I think oftentimes a toxic employee will build a gang around them because everyone is afraid of them. It could be the case here where a bunch of followers joined the pack because otherwise they'd be targeted.

The fact that Pouncey is there makes me wonder, though. It's interesting that Incognito's dad went after Pouncey in his BB post, because I would have assumed that Pouncey would be one of the gang given his relationship with Aaron Hernandez. It's hard to imagine that he's not an active part of the problem, too. Maybe Tannehill intervened and said, "Hey, I've lost my right tackle and my right guard. Can we overlook the center before I end up being gelatinized?"

chiefzilla1501 11-04-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

I thought I heard Pouncey's name in there too

ReynardMuldrake 11-04-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10159766)
One NFL personnel man told USA Today's Tom Pelissero that Richie Incognito's career is likely over.

Incognito bullied Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin to the point that he essentially had a mental meltdown and left the team. "Lol," the personnel man replied when asked by Pelissero whether Incognito will be claimed off waivers. "I think he can file his retirement papers." Incognito graded out as a top-13 guard in Pro Football Focus' ratings, so his loss is a concern on the field.

I don't get it. Did the source laugh or did he actually say "L-O-L"?

|Zach| 11-04-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 10160055)
I don't get it. Did the source laugh or did he actually say "L-O-L"?

Probably asked and answered via text.

-King- 11-04-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10160048)
Good question.

I think oftentimes a toxic employee will build a gang around them because everyone is afraid of them. It could be the case here where a bunch of followers joined the pack because otherwise they'd be targeted.

The fact that Pouncey is there makes me wonder, though. It's interesting that Incognito's dad went after Pouncey in his BB post, because I would have assumed that Pouncey would be one of the gang given his relationship with Aaron Hernandez. It's hard to imagine that he's not an active part of the problem, too. Maybe Tannehill intervened and said, "Hey, I've lost my right tackle and my right guard. Can we overlook the center before I end up being gelatinized?"

Pouncey is also biracial. The Incognitos don't seem to be very fond of that.

ThaVirus 11-04-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10159927)
They do. Did you not see the tribal tattoo along with the dumb **** look on his face? The signs are everywhere. You just have to look with a keener eye.

Your sarcasm meter. Check it.

Rain Man 11-04-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10160088)

Oh, good point. I bet Incognito stopped bullying him, though, after he shot a couple of Incognito's friends in the face.

Dayze 11-04-2013 05:03 PM

gonna be interesting to hear the details as this soap opera plays out

wazu 11-04-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10160048)
Good question.

This is definitely true, and almost certainly the case. But that doesn't get them off the hook. Somebody should have been the whistle blower on this garbage.

What a mess this is. I feel kind of bad for the coaches who have egg on their face. Yeah, they are responsible for not being connected to what's going on, but on the other hand they are pulling their hair out trying to build game plans and get the team ready to play each week. Sure, some hazing going on and they knew it, I'm sure. But who even thinks to wonder if it's gotten to this level? I'm sure coaches for other teams will have it more top of mind now.

Marcellus 11-04-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10160088)

Pouncey and his brother both seem to be immature idiots going back to college.

It still doesn't justify what Incognito did.

Ironic his name is Incognito and he couldn't be any more obvious an idiot.

Iowanian 11-04-2013 05:04 PM

I'm waiting for R.I to release his voicemails.

They're probably "Hey you geriatric, tatoo'd ginger ****head......I'll choke your father to death with my coal hose"

LoneWolf 11-04-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10160099)
Your sarcasm meter. Check it.

Check your humor meter. My post was a joke and the poster I replied to got it. My rep messages prove it.

Deberg_1990 11-04-2013 05:06 PM

Best thing that could happen to this Incognito buffoon is for him to get blackballed by every team in the league. Losing his generous paycheck will sting.

ThaVirus 11-04-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10160113)
Check your humor meter. My post was a joke and the poster I replied to got it. My rep messages prove it.

My bad. That was a pretty shitty "joke" though. I'll expect better from you from here on out.

chiefzilla1501 11-04-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 10160109)
This is definitely true, and almost certainly the case. But that doesn't get them off the hook. Somebody should have been the whistle blower on this garbage.

What a mess this is. I feel kind of bad for the coaches who have egg on their face. Yeah, they are responsible for not being connected to what's going on, but on the other hand they are pulling their hair out trying to build game plans and get the team ready to play each week. Sure, some hazing going on and they knew it, I'm sure. But who even thinks to wonder if it's gotten to this level? I'm sure coaches for other teams will have it more top of mind now.

I don't feel bad for the coaches at all.

I've long said that the psychology of coaching is by far the most underrated ting for a team. It's the reason I said Romeo would be a disaster as a head coach. If your coach is too head down in game plans and doesn't look over the locker room or try to create a culture of leadership, then you have the wrong coach. Just my opinion. Jimmy Johnson is a great example of a guy who was widely believed to be tremendous at this.

LoneWolf 11-04-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10160125)
My bad. That was a pretty shitty "joke" though. I'll expect better from you from here on out.

I will certainly try. Please continue to monitor my attempts at humor and let me know when my material needs work. I'm trying to become a stand up comic and all constructive criticism is appreciated. :thumb:

Garcia Bronco 11-04-2013 05:15 PM

On the whole thing and the other people involved..

Doing the right thing all the time is sooo very hard. If it were easy, then everybody would do it. The kicker is that if everybody did the right thing, then nobody would learn anything about it. Wrap your mind around that.

Garcia Bronco 11-04-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10160134)
I will certainly try. Please continue to monitor my attempts at humor and let me know when my material needs work. I'm trying to become a stand up comic and all constructive criticism is appreciated. :thumb:

lol. I thought it was funny.

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-04-2013 05:18 PM

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 1m
Dolphins WR Mike Wallace to @JeffDarlington: "I have a lot of respect for Richie (Incognito). I wish he was here."

Sorter 11-04-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10159510)
I'm not a playa, I just ocelot.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...gif?1373293005

ThaVirus 11-04-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10160134)

I thought you'd take that to heart and become a Dane-level enemy for me. Good on you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10160160)
Dolphins WR Mike Wallace to @JeffDarlington: "I have a lot of respect for Richie (Incognito). I wish he was here."

Mike Wallace is also a ****ing douche.

wazu 11-04-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10160128)
I don't feel bad for the coaches at all.

I've long said that the psychology of coaching is by far the most underrated ting for a team. It's the reason I said Romeo would be a disaster as a head coach. If your coach is too head down in game plans and doesn't look over the locker room or try to create a culture of leadership, then you have the wrong coach. Just my opinion. Jimmy Johnson is a great example of a guy who was widely believed to be tremendous at this.

Generally don't disagree, but I think the Incognito situation may be so severe that it trumps what would normally be good enough. Here you have Philbin, a guy in his second year as an NFL coach. His team is showing some promising signs, including a young 1st round QB who is developing under his watch. And he's probably still learning the skill of how to create that culture of leadership in an NFL locker room. I can see how even a seasoned coach like Jimmy Johnson could be blind-sided by this Incognito situation.

Fat Elvis 11-04-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themanwithnoname (Post 10159708)
I'm going to guess his side of the story will just make him look worse, but I look forward to him being a clueless ****ing asshole and try to defend himself and show just how big of a piece of shit he is.

:popcorn:

This is going to be good entertainment folks.

Gravedigger 11-04-2013 05:29 PM

Martin sounds like a huge pussy to me. Oh noes, that man said racial and insensitive things to me. What a huge non story this is, if he threatened his life then report something, other than that sounds like a little boy telling on another little boy. Grow the **** up and play football.

LoneWolf 11-04-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

What ringing endorsement that is. That's like Casey Anthony saying your a good parent and she would let you watch her daughter anytime.

Eleazar 11-04-2013 05:33 PM

TLDR - so what happened? basically just racist-oriented bullying? Why didn't Martin kick his ass and settle it then?

You're telling me nobody on an NFL team that's probably 80% black would do anything about this?

seaofred 11-04-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

It's stuff like this that make me think we are not getting the whole story.

ThaVirus 11-04-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10160207)
Martin sounds like a huge pussy to me. Oh noes, that man said racial and insensitive things to me. What a huge non story this is, if he threatened his life then report something, other than that sounds like a little boy telling on another little boy. Grow the **** up and play football.

There are a couple things wrong with your assessment:

1. This has gone far beyond simple name-calling.

2. This is a workplace environment.

patteeu 11-04-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10160215)
TLDR - so what happened? basically just racist-oriented bullying? Why didn't Martin kick his ass and settle it then?

You're telling me nobody on an NFL team that's probably 80% black would do anything about this?

People seem to have really picked up on the racial language, but I can't believe that's what led to Martin's blowup or Incognito's suspension. There's got to be a lot more to the story.

The Franchise 11-04-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 10160218)
It's stuff like this that make me think we are not getting the whole story.

Continue to speculate and reach at straws.

Garcia Bronco 11-04-2013 05:50 PM

Guys... thar text and voicemail was probably the only evidence he kept. He didn't expect to have to bring a case.

Brock 11-04-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10160207)

He may be a huge pussy. Bullshit like this has no place in a professional environment regardless.

tk13 11-04-2013 05:53 PM

This should really help his case. I guess this is NSFW.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/04/richie...ar-rage-video/

Quote:

Miami Dolphins lineman Richie Incognito shouted the N-word ... in a shirtless rage ... during a crazy outing with teammates at a bar earlier this year -- and TMZ Sports has the footage.

The video was shot several months ago ... showing Richie running around Dirty Blondes -- a pool hall in Fort Lauderdale, FL.

As the video begins, Richie shouts, "Mike Pouncey, N**GA!!"

FYI -- Mike Pouncey is a member of the Dolphins and it looks like he's in the video. When Richie drops the N-bomb, it seems like he's announcing that Pouncey is in the bar.

In the footage, Incognito proceeds to stomp around the bar with his shirt off while patrons watch the lineman go berserk.

Incognito is under fire for allegedly harassing his teammate Jonathan Martin -- and calling him a "half-n**ger" in a voice mail.

Incognito has since been suspended by the team.

<iframe id="kaltura_player_1383608987" height="360" width="640" style="border: 0px solid #ffffff;" src="http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/1_arkosxyt/uiconf_id/6740162/st_cache/79721?&amp;">Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.</iframe>
<div style="text-align:left;font-size:x-small;margin-top:0;">
<a href="http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_1r739gfp">Richie Incognito DROPS N-BOMB ON VIDEO … In Crazy Bar Rage</a>
- Watch More
<a href="http://www.tmz.com/videos" title="TMZ Videos">Celebrity Videos</a>
or
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?&amp;add_user=tmz" title="TMZ on YouTube">Subscribe</a>
</div>

SAUTO 11-04-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10160110)
Pouncey and his brother both seem to be immature idiots going back to college.

It still doesn't justify what Incognito did.

Ironic his name is Incognito and he couldn't be any more obvious an idiot.

if pouncey was involved on incognito's side why would his dad throw pouncey under the bus over supposed drug use?