ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The Evolution of the Planet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279686)

KC native 12-18-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 10291123)
You obviously don't understand diagnosis or treatment either. My point is you need some pussy so that frown will turn upside down. Tell your wife to quit studying so much or learn to do two things at once.

I suspect if you'd get laid that a lot of your anger would dissipate. Clay's seemed to.

If you really must know, we ****ed last night. When I got home from the gym, I woke her up, we ****ed, she went back to sleep and I played Assasin's Creed 4 whilst smoking a couple bowls. I went to sleep a few hours later.

ChiefsCountry 12-18-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10291143)
Exhibit A - Backing up your claim.

Who are these people?

Name them.

I'll take the bullet.

Drafting Sanchez and keeping our 2nd round pick would have been better than trading for Matt Cassel and taking Tyson Jackson #3.

It couldn't have been any worse than the outcome that happened anyways.

philfree 12-18-2013 02:58 PM

Gang of Eleven or what ever it was.LMAO Gayng of Eleven

KC native 12-18-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10291132)
Maybe if I said it in Spanish?

Dapat mong malaman na huwag pansinin sa akin kung hindi mo ako gusto

KC native 12-18-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10291138)
You could take your own advice here, with regards to Frazod.

I like frazbob though. He's so emotional and passionate about CP.

Just Passin' By 12-18-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10291135)
And at the time of all this arguing, what was Sanchez doing?

Going to back-to-back AFCCG's as a rookie and 2nd year player - with a 61% completion percentage and a 3:1 ratio.

So at the time, your arguments were dead wrong. If any of them carried any weight, he wouldn't have been successful his first two years in the league.

The arguments weren't wrong, and you're too smart a poster to be stupid enough to think they were. Be that as it may, I'm not rehashing the whole Sanchez thing, as I said earlier.

What you're doing is trying to cherry pick the playoffs in those two years, and ignoring his two full seasons of actual play, which is ironic to say the least:

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10291036)
I see just fine. Feel free to keep cherry picking...

dirk digler 12-18-2013 03:01 PM

I remember when I first started posting here, I admit I was a little intimidated. But I was welcomed in for the most part, met some great people at Training Camps and at one of Joe's Bash's.

The biggest difference I have noticed though is less camederie and more bitching at each other. My solution is get rid of rep and I think alot of that would go away.

KC native 12-18-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 10291114)
Yea, you are a real terrorist in your own mind. Actually you probably exemplify the new troll CP better than anyone.

Novaccinationsplanet awaits you.

OnTheWarpath15 12-18-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 10291150)
Gang of Eleven or what ever it was.LMAO Gayng of Eleven

You said there are STILL people - meaning present day - who think we drafting Sanchex was the right thing to do.

CC gave you a head start.

Now, feel free to back up your claim.

OnTheWarpath15 12-18-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10291154)
The arguments weren't wrong, and you're too smart a poster to be stupid enough to think they were. Be that as it may, I'm not rehashing the whole Sanchez thing, as I said earlier.

What you're doing is trying to cherry pick the playoffs in those two years, and ignoring his two full seasons of actual play, which is ironic to say the least:

Cherry pick the playoffs?

How the **** did they GET to the playoffs? How did they get to the AFCCG TWICE in his first two years if he was such a piece of shit?

Talk about arguing the poster and not the posts.

philfree 12-18-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10291140)
Says the guy who wanted Aaron Curry because his intense eyes in a YouTube clip.

Yeah a lot of people were wrong about Curry including me but the video wasn't really as big a deal as others made it out to be. In CP fashion it was blown out of proportion to belittle someone.

Rausch 12-18-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Race Card native (Post 10291153)
I like frazbob though. He's so emotional and passionate about CP.

And people said he was paranoid about your man-crush for him...

J Diddy 12-18-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Race Card native (Post 10291146)
If you really must know, we ****ed last night. When I got home from the gym, I woke her up, we ****ed, she went back to sleep and I played Assasin's Creed 4 whilst smoking a couple bowls. I went to sleep a few hours later.

Put down the video games and the weed and do it right man. It will change your entire perspective on life.

If you ****ed your wife and still had time to stay up, get high and play video games, you didn't do it for her, you did it for yourself.

Katipan 12-18-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Race Card native (Post 10291151)
Dapat mong malaman na huwag pansinin sa akin kung hindi mo ako gusto

That's cute. Finding common ground is an excellent step in the right direction.

Macroach 12-18-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10290854)
After time, I've come to know a lot of the posting styles of certain CPers. So I feel pretty good about knowing if a flame was an insult or not. There are so many things here that make me smile[LIST=1]
  • Answers - PM Bob Dole
  • Rain Man' - Crazy assed topics make things interesting
  • FAX - .....when he's around (Come back)

So many things that make me smile with either a perfectly timed response, or Gif, or reference to an old thread etc.

Luckily, I can usually tell by the Thread Title and Thread starter, if it's something I'll read. There is definitely a lot of chaff to sort through these days.

But it's still the most fun insane asylum on the interwebz

This is why I have been lurking for the past 10 years. Personally, I add the kindness of Simply Red to the list.

This is still the most fun insane asylum on the net. What makes it fun is the freedom for anyone to say anything, although this can occasionally devolve into a flame war between two or three members. Well-worded insults are still entertaining to read (see Frazod's post on page one).

Sorting through the "chaff" has become second nature now. One just has to realize that any thread involving someone from Japan or China is going to have someone who STILL thinks it is witty to transpose the "L" and "R" sounds. Any thread involving race will have some wonderful, common-sense insight mixed in with a hearty dose of trolling.

I read and lurk in the Planet because it is a fun place to be. No one is afraid to say what's on their mind about any topic, pretty much free from fear of moderation. It's the American way.

Fish 12-18-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10291019)
I won't even begin to say we didn't have our pricks even in the early days. But we didn't tolerate the crappy behavior that seems to be the norm these days.

If I can elaborate using my "sports bar" comparison in the other thread. I'm not against a bar fight or 2 in here, it's part of what is expected when you come to a place like this. But when the new kid stands up and pisses on the poo table you don't turn the other way and pretend the sprinklers broke and that is why the pool table got wet. YOU KICK HIS A$$ OUT until he learns normally accepted behavior.

What does the bolded sentence mean? How exactly was the crappy behavior not tolerated? Specifically, what action was taken that isn't possible today? What has changed that prevents the same thing from happening now?

I lurked before joining, yet I have no memory of this mysterious Utopia that old timers seem to be nostalgic for.

Katipan 12-18-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10291168)
What does the bolded sentence mean? How exactly was the crappy behavior not tolerated? Specifically, what action was taken that isn't possible today? What has changed that prevents the same thing from happening now?

I lurked before joining, yet I have no memory of this mysterious Utopia that old timers seem to be nostalgic for.

A complete internet gangrape.

But gangrape is a very slippery slope.

notorious 12-18-2013 03:06 PM

CP is just fine.

Don't **** with it.

Rausch 12-18-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10291174)
CP is just fine.

Don't **** with it.

This...

Just Passin' By 12-18-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10291161)
Cherry pick the playoffs?

How the **** did they GET to the playoffs? How did they get to the AFCCG TWICE in his first two years if he was such a piece of shit?

Talk about arguing the poster and not the posts.

You're so invested you can't even admit something this obvious. Like I said, keep going. It's great stuff.

Fish 12-18-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10291171)
A complete internet gangrape.

But gangrape is a very slippery slope.

We have new and better methods of gangrape available to us now. Are we just lacking the organization? Have we simply become to lazy for gangrape?

KC native 12-18-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 10291164)
Put down the video games and the weed and do it right man. It will change your entire perspective on life.

If you ****ed your wife and still had time to stay up, get high and play video games, you didn't do it for her, you did it for yourself.

She initiates it 8 times out of 10. Try again amateur.

J Diddy 12-18-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10291168)

Well that's all good and well, but to be honest, I don't think your opinion matters on this subject. See, fish have notoriously bad memories....

:D

OnTheWarpath15 12-18-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10291180)
You're so invested you can't even admit something this obvious. Like I said, keep going. It's great stuff.

This is why it's impossible to have a discussion with you.

Instead of answering the question, you dodge it an spit out some passive-aggressive bullshit.

Please. Answer the question.

If Sanchez was as bad as you and others made him out to be in 2009-2010, how did the Jets get to the AFCCG twice?

Lzen 12-18-2013 03:11 PM

I think we should just get rid of anybody who joined after Feb. 2001....except Mr. Plow........and Ceej..........did I miss anyone?

J Diddy 12-18-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Race Card native (Post 10291184)
She initiates it 8 times out of 10. Try again amateur.

yes but how many times with you?

KC native 12-18-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10291163)
And people said he was paranoid about your man-crush for him...

JFC Are you dumb?

I'm feeding into the ridiculousness of the situation.

lrn2internet

J Diddy 12-18-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10291189)
I think we should just get rid of anybody who joined after Feb. 2001....except Mr. Plow........and Ceej..........did I miss anyone?

You go to hell. You go to hell and you die!

philfree 12-18-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10291158)
You said there are STILL people - meaning present day - who think we drafting Sanchex was the right thing to do.

CC gave you a head start.

Now, feel free to back up your claim.

CC backed it for me:shrug: Why would it be important for me to back it for you when you know it's true?

KC native 12-18-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 10291190)
yes but how many times with you?

So is this where you run to after your intended line of posting went astray. Interesting.

Why don't you have a seat over here on the couch.

So how do you feel about your failed attempts at trolling/insulting me?

Fish 12-18-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 10291187)
Well that's all good and well, but to be honest, I don't think your opinion matters on this subject. See, fish have notoriously bad memories....

:D

I ****ing hate you, douche.

But it's cool, we'll be friends again in like 3 minutes.

keg in kc 12-18-2013 03:13 PM

This thread. Jesus. Comedy gold mine. Troy as the voice of reason?! LMAO Somebody calling the planet a homer board?!? ROFL

It's not just nostalgia. Yes, noobs sometimes had it rough, yes, we had our trolls (hey packfan) and, yes, there were some personal issues (like me and john proctor; and basically everybody and denise). But this place now is like a Jim Rome board, with half of everybody trying to out-insult everybody else and then drop the mic as they exit stage left. I GOT YOU HAR HAR HAR!! There's not much discussion anymore, it's mostly just poster group a ranting against poster group b, for days, weeks, months and years on end, and most everybody seems completely close-minded on every subject. Personally, I think it's just a microcosm of the changes over the last decade to the larger society/world we live in, rather than some specific change here. The more that social media grows, the worse that social skills become (yes, I know that's ironic coming from me). Although I do think a few specific things have impacted the community here, including the fact that fewer of us know each other now in a physical sense, and that anonymity breeds a general disrespect.

But the reality in the end is that we live in a different world than we had in 2001. So yes, the board has changed. And it's not going back. If you're not happy with what it is, then find a constructive way to change it. And by "constructive" I don't just mean "purge all the people you don't like". That's what ignore is for. I mean "be a better poster" (in a general sense, not pointing out anybody in particular). All the stuff you don't like...stop doing it yourself. That's really the only way the board gets any better. Stop feeding the trolls, stop being trolls, treat people with the respect you want (if you even want any).

Basically, don't let the bastards get you down.

DaFace 12-18-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10290854)
After time, I've come to know a lot of the posting styles of certain CPers. So I feel pretty good about knowing if a flame was an insult or not. There are so many things here that make me smil[LIST=1]
  • GoChiefs - The repeated inferrence he's gay, or lives in his mom's basement, or his male modeling picture thing
  • Omaha - Everyone is fat
  • Frazod - Appliance Killer
  • Hometeam - Took the Fisty McTatt Thread like a champ
  • PR Capon'es Cat Ramp
  • Midnight Vulture
  • Answers - PM Bob Dole
  • Sorter - insane collection of, apparently, meticulously filed Gifs
  • Gif'd Up
  • Rain Man' - Crazy assed topics make things interesting
  • FAX - .....when he's around (Come back)
  • Hawk - Is an Ass Man

So many things that make me smile with either a perfectly timed response, or Gif, or reference to an old thread etc.

Luckily, I can usually tell by the Thread Title and Thread starter, if it's something I'll read. There is definitely a lot of chaff to sort through these days.

But it's still the most fun insane asylum on the interwebz

I think that this post is really key. If you really get to know the posting styles of other people around here, you can have a lot of fun. It really isn't that hard to know whose posts you should engage with and who you should just roll your eyes at and ignore.

When "old timers" who aren't here much gripe about how much things have changed, I suspect that it's mostly caused by less awareness of who is who anymore. Online forums are definitely one of those things where frequent visitors feel more involved than those who just drop by from time to time.

OnTheWarpath15 12-18-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 10291195)
CC backed it for me:shrug: Why would it be important for me to back it for you when you know it's true?

:facepalm:

Yeah, I can't imagine why someone might get aggressive when responding to this constantly.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12-18-2013 03:15 PM

There is no definitive right or wrong, but I do not believe Sanchez was ever good because of his QB rating in 09 and 10 (stat/fact). Saying people were wrong or right in that specific time frame is silly. It's always going to be subjective. Each side had a fine argument that was presented. QB play (rating) vs. wins.

KC native 12-18-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10291198)
This thread. Jesus. Comedy gold mine. Troy as the voice of reason?! LMAO Somebody calling the planet a homer board?!? ROFL

It's not just nostalgia. Yes, noobs sometimes had it rough, yes, we had our trolls (hey packfan) and, yes, there were some personal issues (like me and john proctor; and basically everybody and denise). But this place now is like a Jim Rome board, with half of everybody trying to out-insult everybody else and then drop the mic as they exit stage left. I GOT YOU HAR HAR HAR!! There's not much discussion anymore, it's mostly just poster group a ranting against poster group b, for days, weeks, months and years on end, and most everybody seems completely close-minded on every subject. Personally, I think it's a microcosm of the changes over the last decade to larger world we live in, rather than some specific change here. The more that social media grows, the worse that social skills become (yes, I know that's ironic coming from me). Although I do think a few specific things have impacted the community here, including the fact that fewer of us know each other now in a physical sense, and that anonymity breeds a general disrespect.

But the reality in the end is that we live in a different world than we had in 2001. So yes, the board has changed. And it's not going back. If you're not happy with what it is, then find a constructive way to change it. And by "constructive" I don't just mean "purge all the people you don't like". That's what ignore is for. I mean "be a better poster" (in a general sense, not pointing out anybody in particular). All the stuff you don't like...stop doing it yourself. That's really the only way the board gets any better. Stop feeding the trolls, stop being trolls, treat people with the respect you want (if you even want any).

Or he could just go to WPI. His "holier than thou, you kids are awful" persona would fit in there.

Rausch 12-18-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Race Card native (Post 10291191)
JFC Are you dumb?

I'm feeding into the ridiculousness of the situation.

Yes, you are.

Lzen 12-18-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 10291192)
You go to hell. You go to hell and you die!

Oh, I forgot. Add J Diddy to that list.

Better?

Coach 12-18-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10291128)
Wouldn't you rather have a face to face conversation with me someday? You think you could look Rain Man in the face if you knew what his dick looked like?

I think we probably had a face to face conversation during one of those Bash in St. Joe, if I am not mistaken. Of course, that was a long long time ago.

I wouldn't know because I never seen or met Rain Man, and I would have no idea what his dick look like, because

A) I don't look at men and,

B) How would you know what his dick looks like?

NewChief 12-18-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

It's not just nostalgia. Yes, noobs sometimes had it rough, yes, we had our trolls (hey packfan) and, yes, there were some personal issues (like me and john proctor; and basically everybody and denise). But this place now is like a Jim Rome board, with half of everybody trying to out-insult everybody else and then drop the mic as they exit stage left. I GOT YOU HAR HAR HAR!! There's not much discussion anymore, it's mostly just poster group a ranting against poster group b, for days, weeks, months and years on end, and most everybody seems completely close-minded on every subject. Personally, I think it's a microcosm of the changes over the last decade to larger world we live in, rather than some specific change here. The more that social media grows, the worse that social skills become (yes, I know that's ironic coming from me). Although I do think a few specific things have impacted the community here, including the fact that fewer of us know each other now in a physical sense, and that anonymity breeds a general disrespect.

This is a pretty fair post. We only have ourselves to blame, though. We glorified the people who could "blast" others. It was cool on here to be a bulletin board verbal badass who could lay into others, and it is a skill that some people are good at. Posting good rants is an art form.

The problem is that way too many people think they're good at it (when they aren't) and believe it's the way to be perceived as "cool" on here by your "friends."

They should realize that the way to appear "cool" on here is to claim that you're the relative of a player on the Chiefs.

KC native 12-18-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10291209)
This is a pretty fair post. We only have ourselves to blame, though. We glorified the people who could "blast" others. It was cool on here to be a bulletin board verbal badass who could lay into others, and it is a skill that some people are good at. Posting good rants is an art form.

The problem is that way too many people think they're good at it (when they aren't) and believe it's the way to be perceived as "cool" on here by your "friends."

They should realize that the way to appear "cool" on here is to claim that you're the relative of a player on the Chiefs.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Lzen 12-18-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

It's not just nostalgia. Yes, noobs sometimes had it rough, yes, we had our trolls (hey packfan) and, yes, there were some personal issues (like me and john proctor; and basically everybody and denise). But this place now is like a Jim Rome board, with half of everybody trying to out-insult everybody else and then drop the mic as they exit stage left. I GOT YOU HAR HAR HAR!! There's not much discussion anymore, it's mostly just poster group a ranting against poster group b, for days, weeks, months and years on end, and most everybody seems completely close-minded on every subject. Personally, I think it's just a microcosm of the changes over the last decade to the larger society/world we live in, rather than some specific change here. The more that social media grows, the worse that social skills become (yes, I know that's ironic coming from me). Although I do think a few specific things have impacted the community here, including the fact that fewer of us know each other now in a physical sense, and that anonymity breeds a general disrespect.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PFO28_CQQf4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

J Diddy 12-18-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Race Card native (Post 10291196)
So is this where you run to after your intended line of posting went astray. Interesting.

Why don't you have a seat over here on the couch.

So how do you feel about your failed attempts at trolling/insulting me?

Do you feel trolled or insulted? That was certainly not my intention whatsoever. I am merely trying to help.

Katipan 12-18-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 10291207)
I think we probably had a face to face conversation during one of those Bash in St. Joe, if I am not mistaken. Of course, that was a long long time ago.

I wouldn't know because I never seen or met Rain Man, and I would have no idea what his dick look like, because

A) I don't look at men and,

B) How would you know what his dick looks like?

Maybe if I said it in spanish?

keg in kc 12-18-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10291209)

Whose mom used to be here? Wasn't it Mikhael Ricks?

Oh the good ol' days.

keg in kc 12-18-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Race Card native (Post 10291202)
Or he could just go to WPI. His "holier than thou, you kids are awful" persona would fit in there.

Who the **** are you?

J Diddy 12-18-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10291204)
Oh, I forgot. Add J Diddy to that list.

Better?

:thumb:

KC native 12-18-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 10291214)
Do you feel trolled or insulted? That was certainly not my intention whatsoever. I am merely trying to help.

It is improper to answer a question with a question. Let's redirect this session. This time is all about you.

Does your lackluster posting make you feel inadequate or unremarkable in someway?

NewChief 12-18-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10291216)
Whose mom used to be here? Wasn't it Mikhael Ricks?

Oh the good ol' days.

Yup. Her name was Evelyn, I think.

KC native 12-18-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10291217)
Who the **** are you?

the debbil.

I was referring to big daddy, not you in case that wasn't clear.

keg in kc 12-18-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Race Card native (Post 10291223)
the debbil.

I was referring to big daddy, not you in case that wasn't clear.

I know. I've seen you trying to troll the whole thread, and I'm trying to figure out whether I should give a shit or not. Magic 8 ball says "outlook not so good".

Seriously. I even used http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi

KC native 12-18-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10291234)
I know. I've seen you trying to troll the whole thread, and I'm trying to figure out whether I should give a shit or not. Magic 8 ball says "outlook not so good".

Seriously. I even used http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi

I'd say I'm doing a pretty good job so far in this thread.

OnTheWarpath15 12-18-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy is a Troll (Post 10291205)
There is no definitive right or wrong, but I do not believe Sanchez was ever good because of his QB rating in 09 and 10 (stat/fact). Saying people were wrong or right in that specific time frame is silly. It's always going to be subjective. Each side had a fine argument that was presented. QB play (rating) vs. wins.

No disrespect meant, but QB rating? Seriously?

In 2009, Matt Cassel had a game with a QB Rating over 110 in a game in which he threw for under 100 yards and we lost by 20+ points.

Good game, eh?

But hey, you used stats to back up your argument!

It helps to know what those numbers mean before you just jump into a discussion, yell, "QB RATING!" and drop the mic and leave.

keg in kc 12-18-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10291244)
drop the mic and leave.

Hey, do I get a royalty for that?

OnTheWarpath15 12-18-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10291188)

Instead of answering the question, you dodge it an spit out some passive-aggressive bullshit.

If Sanchez was as bad as you and others made him out to be in 2009-2010, how did the Jets get to the AFCCG twice?

Amazing.

Follows me around for an hour, then when pressed, disappears.

J Diddy 12-18-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Race Card native (Post 10291219)
It is improper to answer a question with a question. Let's redirect this session. This time is all about you.

Does your lackluster posting make you feel inadequate or unremarkable in someway?

Well God damned that hurts. I'm trying to help you out with your anger problems, trying to get your woman to stop beating on you and ****ing large male secretaries so you won't be all butt hurt all the time and you come back and attack me? That ****ing cuts man. I thought we were friends.

The sad part is you're absolutely correct, because if anyone knows feeling of inadequacy or unremarkable posting and could identify it in a heartbeat it would most certainly be you. That's what I've always respected about you. Your willingness to show others the proper way to post. Sure most people would be all like "hey, do it like this," but not you man, not you. You're all "I'm going to do it this way and give you all an example of what not to do." Despite your harsh words to me, I still love you man. Someday, when we all learn our lessons from you then maybe then you won't have to show us all this anger and insecurity anymore.

keg in kc 12-18-2013 03:30 PM

I can answer that one, he got to the AFCCG twice by riding the trent dilfer train.

He wasn't "that bad". He was worse.

Rausch 12-18-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10291250)
Amazing.

Follows me around for an hour, then when pressed, disappears.

The Jets won with Martyball...

OnTheWarpath15 12-18-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10291249)
Hey, do I get a royalty for that?

Check your casino cash.

philfree 12-18-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10291201)

Yeah, I can't imagine why someone might get aggressive when responding to this constantly.

So you don't agree that there are people who still think we should have drafted Sanchex? Besides CC anyway. I think you believe it to be true but for some reason you want to play the prove it game. Why?

keg in kc 12-18-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10291255)
Check your casino cash.

LMAO

Chief Roundup 12-18-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10291201)

So it is someone else fault for the way you choose to handle yourself? Really. You make the choice of how to deal with that person or handle the situation not them.

And really man you expect someone to dig bag through this board when you can't remember which thread or who exactly said it. Come on. There have been several see posts wishing we would have drafted Sanchez just to say we have. I would consider that common knowledge.

NewChief 12-18-2013 03:33 PM

My six year old son has a word for it when he and his friends start slapping at each other like girls. They call it a "sissy fight." Probably not the most PC term, but anyway... that's what a lot of the verbal sparring seems like around here lately. It's guys who think they're really getting each other good as they're slapping at each other. To all observers, though, it just seems like a "sissy fight." It also makes the actual epic, artful rants harder to find among all the bullshit.

scho63 12-18-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 10291079)
I get that dude. The reason I have posted so much less is simply because I have very little time. It is far less enjoyable being troll central however. When I get more time again someday maybe I will just buy it and do whatever the **** I want. j/k

Actually that would make a good thread. If CP was yours tomorrow, what would you do?

:thumb:

Coach 12-18-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10291188)

Since he's refusing to answer it, I'll bite.

In 2009, The Jets defense was rated #1 in the NFL in total defense in terms of yards per game with 252.3.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...1&d-447263-n=1

They were also ranked #1 in the NFL in passing defense as well with 153.7.

They were ranked #8 in the NFL in rush defense with 98.6.

They also had the #1 rush offense in the NFL as well with 172.2 yards per game.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...2&d-447263-n=1

So in my opinion, with those stats showing, the Jets had the luxury of not having to rely on Sanchez to do anything fancy.

keg in kc 12-18-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10291265)
My six year old son has a word for it when he and his friends start slapping at each other like girls. They call it a "sissy fight." Probably not the most PC term, but anyway... that's what a lot of the verbal sparring seems like around here lately. It's guys who think they're really getting each other good as they're slapping at each other. To all observers, though, it just seems like a "sissy fight." It also makes the actual epic, artful rants harder to find among all the bullshit.

I think of it more this way:

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...pleFight15.jpg

OnTheWarpath15 12-18-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 10291257)
So you don't agree that there are people who still think we should have drafted Sanchex? Besides CC anyway. I think you believe it to be true but for some reason you want to play the prove it game. Why?

Because the burden of proof is on you.

You made the dumb statement, back it up.

If you don't want to get called out, don't say stupid shit and try to perpetuate a false narrative.

People are over Sanchez. Hell, people (other than blatant trolls) are over Geno.

But some of you just keep going back to the well. And I hope you get called out every single time if you continue to do it.

cdcox 12-18-2013 03:37 PM

A lot of people bitching about trolls are the people who take the bait every stinking time. If trolls make the board worse, bait-takers make the trolls worse. Regulate your responses to trolls just a bit and your experience will improve and so will the overall board. Why someone would engage someone who is obviously trolling is beyond me.

Frazod 12-18-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10291217)
Who the **** are you?

That's Phobia's pet troll. Isn't he cute? The future of ChiefsPlanet. :thumb:

Coach 12-18-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10291215)

Maybe if I said it in spanish?

Sí señorita

OnTheWarpath15 12-18-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10291263)
So it is someone else fault for the way you choose to handle yourself? Really. You make the choice of how to deal with that person or handle the situation not them.

And really man you expect someone to dig bag through this board when you can't remember which thread or who exactly said it. Come on. There have been several see posts wishing we would have drafted Sanchez just to say we have. I would consider that common knowledge.

That ship sailed a LONG time ago.

He claimed that there are people that STILL feel this way.

Just like there are people in another thread currently perpetuating the false narrative that some of us "want the team to lose" so we can be right/get what we want.

It's pure bullshit. It's a passive-aggressive way of attacking posters you just don't like, instead of arguing the content of their posts.

HemiEd 12-18-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 10291257)

I do. I have been waiting a very long time for them to try.

Anyone that actually thinks things would have gone the same way in KC for Sanchez, as they went in NEW YORK is an idiot. :D

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12-18-2013 03:42 PM

OWP,

I watched Sanchez play. He wasn't good. He played better in the playoffs but he was still a ****up. You want stats/evidence because our eye test isn't good enough. Those are the stats. I could construct a better argument, but Im on miserable user right now. He was completely miserable at times, decent or above-average in others. He never overly impressed in wins. I understand some people really value those wins, but I never did. And he sure as hell didn't even win 11/14 games... but if he did, I probably would have still doubted him like I do Smith. Though Im changing my tune on Alex.

Dayze 12-18-2013 03:43 PM

Oh, and the MS Paint thread with the Elephant shooting out diarrhea.

*Correction - PR's Dog Ramp*

keg in kc 12-18-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 10291294)
I do. I have been waiting a very long time for them to try.

Anyone that actually thinks things would have gone the same way in KC for Sanchez, as they went in NEW YORK is an idiot.

I actually believe they may have gone worse here, with the disaster that that front office and coaching staff ultimately turned out to be.

tooge 12-18-2013 03:44 PM

There us a solution. If you have two whiny butchers that are unable to get along and keep taking their vitriol to every thread the other guy posts in, here's what you do. Mods creat a poster A vs poster B thread. The posters are not allowed to post in any other thread except that one until they either mutually agree to be civil to each other, or one of them gets frustrated and leaves forever. If they post in another thread besides their "time out" thread, they are banned permanently.
While in said thread, they are free to sling any and all forms of insults at each other, and only they can post in the thread. Eventually, they will grow up, learn to effectively communicate with others they disagree with, or leave. It's a win for everyone.

Time's Yours 12-18-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10291244)

"Originally Posted by Rudy is a Troll http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/image...s/viewpost.gif
There is no definitive right or wrong, but I do not believe Sanchez was ever good because of his QB rating in 09 and 10 (stat/fact). Saying people were wrong or right in that specific time frame is silly. It's always going to be subjective. Each side had a fine argument that was presented. QB play (rating) vs. wins."

No disrespect meant, but QB rating? Seriously?

In 2009, Matt Cassel had a game with a QB Rating over 110 in a game in which he threw for under 100 yards and we lost by 20+ points.

Good game, eh?

But hey, you used stats to back up your argument!

It helps to know what those numbers mean before you just jump into a discussion, yell, "QB RATING!" and drop the mic and leave.

This is exactly my point earlier about everyone being forced to take a side and fight to the death. He said, quite rationally, that there is no definitive right and wrong, it's subjective, and each side had a fine argument.

Yet, you still attack his stats and force him into the "anti-Sanchez" corner with your characterization of his point.

It makes it impossible to set forth a moderate, reasoned argument. This shit is all subjective. None of it is black and white. Not every single issue has to be one side of CP against the other.

Sanchez had good games and bad games. He may have worked out better here. Maybe he would've bombed here. Based on that, which side should I be forced to join?

OnTheWarpath15 12-18-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 10291269)
Since he's refusing to answer it, I'll bite.

In 2009, The Jets defense was rated #1 in the NFL in total defense in terms of yards per game with 252.3.

They were also ranked #1 in the NFL in passing defense as well with 153.7.

They were ranked #8 in the NFL in rush defense with 98.6.

They also had the #1 rush offense in the NFL as well with 172.2 yards per game.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...2&d-447263-n=1

So in my opinion, with those stats showing, the Jets had the luxury of not having to rely on Sanchez to do anything fancy.

Bingo. This was the argument - he rode his defense.

Fast forward to the first 8 weeks of this season...

This is exactly what was being discussed in another thread - and the big issue that some of us had with some of our own, the influx of Pats fans then, and the Niner fans now:

They want to have it both ways, and then play the victim when someone calls them on it.

tooge 12-18-2013 03:46 PM

Bitches, not butchers

HemiEd 12-18-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10291303)
I actually believe they may have gone worse here, with the disaster that that front office and coaching staff ultimately turned out to be.

They very well could have, I agree keg.

But to say we know for sure, for either Sanchez or Geno Smith since they haven't lit NY on fire, is where I have the problem.

We don't know and we never will since our team refuses to take a chance. So the guys claiming they were "RIGHT" about those guys, are not right IMO. It is not the same.