ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs MEDIA REACTIONS: Chiefs Early Draft Losers on NFLN (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283607)

SAUTO 05-11-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10624545)
God Damnit. LMAO

what?
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 05-11-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10624545)
God Damnit. LMAO

LMAO

htismaqe 05-11-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10624542)
That's because this version of black Bob might have learned from all his past versions.
Posted via Mobile Device

No, he's been posting pretty much nothing but "all of you guys are tools for not liking this draft" and "I'm gonna laugh at you flip-floppers when this offensive line proves it's good" for the last 24 hours.

chiefzilla1501 05-11-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10624535)
Then a handful of us lead the ****ing league in tackles, because there are a metric ****ton more people here that refuse to criticize the organization than those who do.

Among KC fans, yes. On CP, I tend to disagree. I think there are more critics than homers on CP, or at least the critics have the stronger voice. But that's the reason why I like this place better. The vocal few critics keep this place more balanced than a typical chiefs discussion board whack off fest.

SAUTO 05-11-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10624551)
No, he's been posting pretty much nothing but "all of you guys are tools for not liking this draft" and "I'm gonna laugh at you flip-floppers when this offensive line proves it's good" for the last 24 hours.

Lol I missed that. He seemed chilled out the other night.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 05-11-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10624553)
Among KC fans, yes. On CP, I tend to disagree. I think there are more critics than homers on CP, or at least the critics have the stronger voice. But that's the reason why I like this place better. The vocal few critics keep this place more balanced than a typical chiefs discussion board whack off fest.

There are over 10,000 members of this message board, and I'd say less than 75 are what I'd call "critics" - meaning they don't suck at Clark's hind teat.

I've been here almost 9 years, and the place has become more and more like a WPI or Coalition every year.

Marcellus 05-11-2014 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10624509)
More than half of all draft picks fail, and I'm being very generous with the percentage here.

That being the case, why do you homers think nobody should question draft picks? That's moronic. It's right up there with saying a bullet can't hurt you after you've seen 1000s of people shot and killed.

OTW's a pain in the ass (and so am I, certainly), but he brings something to the table. People who defend their team's every move, or nearly so, are all but worthless.

I am fully aware more than half draft picks fail, some people act like every pick fails.
Why is admitting you dont know what is going to happen but you can see the positive in the moves a bad thing? Why does that make me a bad fan?

My opinion hasn't been any more wrong than most of the people here the last 13 years or so. I know that.

Discuss Thrower 05-11-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10624560)
There are over 10,000 members of this message board, and I'd say less than 75 are what I'd call "critics" - meaning they don't suck at Clark's hind teat.

I've been here almost 9 years, and the place has become more and more like a WPI or Coalition every year.

Going to assume sentiments concerning fisting ones mother wasn't kosher at the e-vagina that was the Coalition.

Marcellus 05-11-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

LMAO this place is more negative than its ever been.

htismaqe 05-11-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10624573)

No, it's definitely not.

Actually, this place was the most negative ever the first year it started - the last year of HC Goonther the Great...

Marcellus 05-11-2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10624577)
No, it's definitely not.

Actually, this place was the most negative ever the first year it started - the last year of HC Goonther the Great...

No ****ing way, you are just desensitized by now.

BTW I was on the old Star board and came over when it shut down under another user name. I have seen this place since inception. Wasn't as active but I have been here.

notorious 05-11-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10624577)
No, it's definitely not.

Oh my.

It was worse than when Pioli forced Cassel down our throats?

Chiefnj2 05-11-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10624573)

Most of the negative people have become fed up with the team and focused on real life except for the big news times like the draft, etc.

I'm one of those people and its like Groundhog Day on CP. Every draft pick is going to pan out, every player that was injured last year is going to come back and be a difference maker, etc.

notorious 05-11-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 10624584)
Most of the negative people have become fed up with the team and focused on real life except for the big news times like the draft, etc.

I'm one of those people and its like Groundhog Day on CP. Every draft pick is going to pan out, every player that was injured last year is going to come back and be a difference maker, etc.

You could cut and paste the new names in past draft years posts.

OnTheWarpath15 05-11-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

This.

OnTheWarpath15 05-11-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10624589)

And this.

htismaqe 05-11-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10624579)
No ****ing way, you are just desensitized by now.

BTW I was on the old Star board and came over when it shut down under another user name. I have seen this place since inception. Wasn't as active but I have been here.

No, it was definitely more negative then. About the ONLY homer here was KCJohnny and that's because Gunther sent him a box of cookies and a couple of old Chiefs Media Guides.

Marcellus 05-11-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

I guess you missed the entire off season, preseason, and early season after the Smith trade last year.

This place was like WWIII.

Marcellus 05-11-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10624589)

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10624591)
And this.

So its as negative as ever?

Flies in the face of this.

Quote:

htismaqe 05-11-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10624596)
I guess you missed the entire off season, preseason, and early season after the Smith trade last year.

In all fairness, I absolutely DID miss all of that. It may have been worse than 2000.

notorious 05-11-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10624598)

I don't know anything any more.

I thought Cassel/Pioli was the most negative era up until everyone just completely gave up hope.

Chiefnj2 05-11-2014 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10624596)

That was a bizzaro influx of Alex Smith fans causing trouble.

notorious 05-11-2014 07:54 PM

Quote:

I meant the names of players drafted, not posters.

Deberg_1990 05-11-2014 07:54 PM

I guess I just don't get a lot of the negative attitudes? Sure last season ultimately ended in disappointment, but it was a Tremendouns season for a first year regime if you put everything in perspective. Dorsey and Reid can't be held responsible for the sins of past regimes.

I see a team pointed up, not down.

Discuss Thrower 05-11-2014 07:55 PM

I've only been perusing the board for eight years but this forum has never trended toward homerism and has always been realistic bordering on straight pessimistic on almost everything. The exception being the brief period between Piolis hiring and Cassel trade.

OnTheWarpath15 05-11-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

YOU said it was more negative than ever, not us.

Marcellus 05-11-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10624600)
In all fairness, I absolutely DID miss all of that. It may have been worse than 2000.

It was ****ing ridiculous because every sin caused by Pioli and Cassel was magnified x2 and thrown on the Smith topic.

htismaqe 05-11-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 10624608)

That had A LOT to do with it. It was still going on when I came back.

OnTheWarpath15 05-11-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 10624608)

This.

notorious 05-11-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10624611)
I guess I just don't get a lot of the negative attitudes? Sure last season ultimately ended in disappointment, but it was a Tremendouns season for a first year regime if you put everything in perspective. Dorsey and Reid can't be held responsible for the sins of past regimes.

We have been the battered housewife for years. It's going to take a lot of good years with our new partner to trust again.

I am a little optimistic for the new regime. I have gotten too callous to be dragged down by the negative or boosted up by the homers. (Except for the Indy game. That hurt.)

Marcellus 05-11-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10624615)
YOU said it was more negative than ever, not us.

No you said this place was getting to be like Coalition. I say not even close and your own posts confirm it.

htismaqe 05-11-2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10624616)
It was ****ing ridiculous because every sin caused by Pioli and Cassel was magnified x2 and thrown on the Smith topic.

Well, if it was anything like it's been since I got back, you couldn't say anything other than "Alex Smith is god-like" or you instantly have a half dozen "former" 49er fans telling you to stop being a fan...

Of their "SECOND" team.

jd1020 05-11-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10624625)
Well, if it was anything like it's been since I got back, you couldn't say anything other than "Alex Smith is god-like" or you instantly have a half dozen "former" 49er fans telling you to stop being a fan...

Of their "SECOND" team.

Sometimes their "THIRD" team.

Chiefnj2 05-11-2014 07:58 PM

The majority of negative people don't post as much. We've seen it too many times and have become numb to the organization.

OnTheWarpath15 05-11-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10624624)
No you said this place was getting to be like Coalition. I say not even close and your own posts confirm it.

I said there are 10,000 posters and maybe 75 of them are "critics" - the rest are varying levels of homer.

How is that saying the place is negative, much less more negative than ever?

Marcellus 05-11-2014 08:00 PM

I can't believe people are blaming their own opinion on fans of other teams.

Thats called being played.

OnTheWarpath15 05-11-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10624625)

Of their "SECOND" team.

Exactly like the Coalition or WPI.

Except over there, you'd get banned for questioning the organization.

notorious 05-11-2014 08:01 PM

Damnit Warpath, at least let us believe Santa Clause is real for a while.

Ignorance is bliss, and I choose to be ignorant for the time being.

Marcellus 05-11-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10624633)
I said there are 10,000 posters and maybe 75 of them are "critics" - the rest are varying levels of homer.

How is that saying the place is negative, much less more negative than ever?

Ok there are 10,000 registered members.

Realistically there are maybe 200 regular posters and thats a stretch. And like you said 75 are critics.

OnTheWarpath15 05-11-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10624644)
Damnit Warpath, at least let us believe Santa Clause is real for a while.

Ignorance is bliss, and I choose to be ignorant for the time being.

At least you seem to realize that you're being ignorant.

:p

Chiefnj2 05-11-2014 08:03 PM

I find it amusing that people like myself, OTWP, htis and Mecca are all on the same page now. Years ago we had very different opinions, but years of disappointment has placed us all on the same little negative short bus.

Coochie liquor 05-11-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10623235)
did you need to give Tyson Jackson a second year in the NFL before you were able to grade him as terrible? How bout Jon Baldwin? Glenn Dorsey? Ryan Simms? Or the midgets we wasted 2nd round picks on? It works both ways.

Guess it just depends on your perspective. I think MOST players cannot be graded on their performance or playing time as a rookie unless they really stand out or really tank.

notorious 05-11-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10624647)

Realistically there are maybe 200 regular posters and thats a stretch. And like you said 75 are critics.

It varies depending on what time during the month it is.

OnTheWarpath15 05-11-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10624647)

There are way more than 200 regular posters, but nice try.

htismaqe 05-11-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10624637)
I can't believe people are blaming their own opinion on fans of other teams.

Thats called being played.

Who said anything about FORMING an opinion because of them?

I sometimes simply avoid expressing an opinion at all so that I don't have to ****ing deal with it.

Marcellus 05-11-2014 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10624656)
There are way more than 200 regular posters, but nice try.

On football topics? Bullshit.

Marcellus 05-11-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10624659)
Who said anything about FORMING an opinion because of them?

I sometimes simply avoid expressing an opinion at all so that I don't have to ****ing deal with it.

Read what I responded to.

htismaqe 05-11-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 10624651)
I find it amusing that people like myself, OTWP, htis and Mecca are all on the same page now. Years ago we had very different opinions, but years of disappointment has placed us all on the same little negative short bus.

I believe OTWP and I are in complete disagreement about this draft, actually.

I thought the first two picks were pretty damn good.

But I'm not all ****ing PBJ about Aaron Murray so I'm a negative jackass.

And I pretty much edit everything I say about Alex Smith. If you mention he has a hair out of place, the ****ing bitch claws come out.

OnTheWarpath15 05-11-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 10624651)
I find it amusing that people like myself, OTWP, htis and Mecca are all on the same page now. Years ago we had very different opinions, but the continual letdown has placed us all on the same little negative short bus.

Again, if not expecting every player out of a bunch of injury prone draft picks to all become healthy difference difference makers is negative, then so be it.

htismaqe 05-11-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10624664)
Read what I responded to.

You didn't quote anything, so I can only assume your were making a general observation.

Just Passin' By 05-11-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10624569)
I am fully aware more than half draft picks fail, some people act like every pick fails.
Why is admitting you dont know what is going to happen but you can see the positive in the moves a bad thing? Why does that make me a bad fan?

My opinion hasn't been any more wrong than most of the people here the last 13 years or so. I know that.

It's one thing to offer your opinion. It's another thing to basically tell everyone else to shut the **** up, and that they can't have an opinion on the draft unless they're blowing the team's front office while offering it. About 1/3 of all first rounders are great picks, 1/3 are meh, and 1/3 are bad picks. The numbers get worse from the second round on. That means that people saying things like (just for example)

"Gaines will never learn to tackle, and he'll never get man coverage. He'll be a bust" are statistically more likely to be right than the person who says the opposite.

If you think the negativity is too much here, go to a Patriots board. Trust me, with relatively few exceptions, they've become infested with Stepford posters. If you want to see sharks in the water, go over there and post that the first two picks in this year's draft were questionable.

And, no offense meant, but I'm willing to bet that your opinion has been wrong more than most, given that you're a homer for a team that's been largely in the shitter for quite a while.

Coochie liquor 05-11-2014 08:07 PM

I just hope Cleveland's picks don't do them much good and they continue their losing ways. I'd have nowhere else to turn if I could t say or think "could be worse, I could be a Browns fan". May they always suck!!!

OnTheWarpath15 05-11-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10624667)
I believe OTWP and I are in complete disagreement about this draft, actually.

I thought the first two picks were pretty damn good.

But I'm not all ****ing PBJ about Aaron Murray so I'm a negative jackass.

And I pretty much edit everything I say about Alex Smith. If you mention he has a hair out of place, the ****ing bitch claws come out.

We're really not that far apart, and I said as much on Friday night, IIRC.

This draft has the potential to be incredible.

But it's entirely unrealistic to expect them to meet their potential due to their injury histories.

Maybe one of these guys stays healthy AND becomes a difference maker.

ALL of them?

Not happening.

Marcellus 05-11-2014 08:09 PM

I would also add that while there are probably less than 200 regular posters not close to 75 are negative.

Though the number of posts can have impact. Not all posters are equal even if they are regular. Some post 20 times a day some 2.

OnTheWarpath15 05-11-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10624675)
It's one thing to offer your opinion. It's another thing to basically tell everyone else to shut the **** up, and that they can't have an opinion on the draft unless they're blowing the team's front office while offering it. About 1/3 of all first rounders are great picks, 1/3 are meh, and 1/3 are bad picks. The numbers get worse from the second round on. That means that people saying things like (just for example)

"Gaines will never learn to tackle, and he'll never get man coverage. He'll be a bust" are statistically more likely to be right than the person who says the opposite.

If you think the negativity is too much here, go to a Patriots board. Trust me, with relatively few exceptions, they've become infested with Stepford posters.

And, no offense meant, but I'm willing to bet that your opinion has been wrong more than most, given that you're a homer for a team that's been largely in the shitter for quite a while.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Just Passin' By again.

Marcellus 05-11-2014 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10624675)

The fact you think I am a homer tells me all I need to know about what you know about me.

Whats funny is if you arent negative, you are a homer. There is a middle ground. The biggest thing lost on CP.

And I know you arent a Chiefs fan.

Marcellus 05-11-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10624679)
We're really not that far apart, and I said as much on Friday night, IIRC.

This draft has the potential to be incredible.

But it's entirely unrealistic to expect them to meet their potential due to their injury histories.

Maybe one of these guys stays healthy AND becomes a difference maker.

ALL of them?

Not happening.

If most draft picks lived up to potential there would be 32 teams that were kick ass.

notorious 05-11-2014 08:14 PM

This place will become unbearable if the Chiefs win a SB.

The buildup will be amazing, but the expectations the following years will turn this place into an inferno.

Fat Elvis 05-11-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 10624676)
I just hope Cleveland's picks don't do them much good and they continue their losing ways. I'd have nowhere else to turn if I could t say or think "could be worse, I could be a Browns fan". May they always suck!!!

If by some cruel twist of fate the Browns become better than the Chiefs, we can all at least say, "Well, we may be Chiefs fans, but at least we aren't Inmem58."

Well, except for Inmem58 who can say, "Well, I may be Inmem58, but at least I'm not Inmem58's mom."

DeezNutz 05-11-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10624683)
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Just Passin' By again.

It's just like '09 again!

RealSNR 05-11-2014 08:15 PM

Just Passin' By is awesome when he's beating down Chiefs homers and rolling out rape puns

Marcellus 05-11-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10624696)
This place will become unbearable if the Chiefs win a SB.

The buildup will be amazing, but the expectations the following years will turn this place into an inferno.

I have actually thought about this a few times. It would be the biggest load ever blown in porn history followed by the biggest let down in the history of the modern world.

Coochie liquor 05-11-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10624680)
I would also add that while there are probably less than 200 regular posters not close to 75 are negative.

Though the number of posts can have impact. Not all posters are equal even if they are regular. Some post 20 times a day some 2.

What good does negative posting do? I understand people wanna complain cuz things aren't going the way they want with the team, or free agency, or the draft etc. but the bottom line is ITS A GAME. It's for entertainment. I get upset when we lose and fell crappy inside too. But after trying to put things in perspective. It truly doesn't affect my life or well being in any way. I'm very new here, and tend to dislike all the negativity some people hers spew but just like my Chiefs I can't change it! Believe me, all Chiefs fans have been suffering through the mediocrity, not just part of us. People will always have differing opinions. Nothing wrong with that. Were all fans of the same team. Keep it classy!!

OnTheWarpath15 05-11-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10624695)
If most draft picks lived up to potential there would be 32 teams that were kick ass.

Yet the overwhelming majority here gets pissed off when you suggest that a draft class of injury prone players may not all become difference makers.

EVERY pick carries the risk of not meeting potential.

NOT every pick carries the additional risk of having a medical red flag.

To take guys that carry the additional risk of being injury prone when there's a ton of talent available that DON'T carry that risk is pretty foolish.

So far, the evidence shows that Dorsey pretty much ignores medical concerns, and so far, it hasn't worked out too well.

How can you NOT be concerned about that?

Apparent answer: "Uh, I'll post on a message board 15x a day telling people that are concerned to stop being so negative, everything's going to work out, because I believe it to be so."

Coochie liquor 05-11-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 10624699)
If by some cruel twist of fate the Browns become better than the Chiefs, we can all at least say, "Well, we may be Chiefs fans, but at least we aren't Inmem58."

Well, except for Inmem58 who can say, "Well, I may be Inmem58, but at least I'm not Inmem58's mom."

Omg perfect!!

chiefzilla1501 05-11-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Check out the thread where I defend the moves we made this offseason. Or most of the Alex Smith threads, particularly before the playoff game. Critics have a big voice on CP. I felt the same heat when I said Smith wasn't a super bowl QB as I felt when I defended Dorsey's approach to 2014.

I get why you think that way. When you spend so much time defending yourself against homers, you may feel it's lobsided. But it's not. There are lots of issues where the majority of the board is critical, and you'll get grilled for taking a different side too.

Marcellus 05-11-2014 08:25 PM

Here is my frustration and then I am done for the night.

1. Just because I dont agree doesn't mean I dont respect your opinion. Respect mine unless I am being an idiot. That hasn't happened recently.

2. Just because I dont hate everything I am not a homer.

3. If all you do is bitch, yes you are a hater.Nobody that complained incessantly has ever succeeded at anything, ever.

4. No way anyone was more pissed than me after the Indy game. Even those that went to the game and paid the $. Its not possible to be more pissed than I was without killing someone.

5. Have a great Mothers Day, the Chiefs haven't lost a single game this year.

Mav 05-11-2014 08:27 PM

Its just what fans do. Its the society that we live in. Every one is a critic, and everyone can do everything better than someone else.

As for having a part time pass rusher.

Well, I think that Andy Reid, and John Dorsey saw just what everyone else saw after the Chiefs started 9-0. Tamba and Houston got hurt, and there was no pressure on the qb.

so they went and got a pass rusher. Which means that Tamba wont have to play as many snaps.

means on some passing downs that they can kick tamba down to the d line like the 49ers do with Ahmad Brooks, and they can have him Ford, and Houston all come at once.

I get the frustration. SO CLOSE TO JOHNNY MANZIEL, or whatever other player you think the Chiefs should of taken.

But in all honesty, if you look at it from a strictly football perspective.

Gaines was a steal where the Chiefs got him, D'Anthony Thomas is absolutely electric. No matter what he ran the 40 in, when he is in the open field, and everyone knows how Alex loves the Check down, hes absolutely deadly.

the oline is going to be a work in progress to begin with.

Im not sure who people think the Chiefs should of drafted with not having a second round pick.

Remember, you could be the browns. You had your pick of the best receivers in the draft, WATKINS, or Evans, you are losing josh Gordon for the year, and you take a corner, and Manziel, and NEVER DRAFTED A RECEIVER.

Nope, passed on Marquise Lee, and Cody Latimer in the second round for a GUARD.

:deevee:

Just Passin' By 05-11-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10624687)
The fact you think I am a homer tells me all I need to know about what you know about me.

Whats funny is if you arent negative, you are a homer. There is a middle ground. The biggest thing lost on CP.

That's right, I'm not a Chiefs fan. The fact that I'm not a Chiefs fan gives me a different perspective, and you can ask OTW about our disagreements if you think I'm just shining up to anyone on this. You don't need to be swallowing Reid's sword to be a homer. That's just an extreme among the extreme.

OnTheWarpath15 05-11-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10624732)
Its just what fans do. Its the society that we live in. Every one is a critic, and everyone can do everything better than someone else.

As for having a part time pass rusher.

Well, I think that Andy Reid, and John Dorsey saw just what everyone else saw after the Chiefs started 9-0. Tamba and Houston got hurt, and there was no pressure on the qb.

Stopped reading here.

The pass rush started failing well before the injuries to Houston and Hali.

Just Passin' By 05-11-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10624703)
It's just like '09 again!

LMAO

Mav 05-11-2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10624730)
Here is my frustration and then I am done for the night.

1. Just because I dont agree doesn't mean I dont respect your opinion. Respect mine unless I am being an idiot. That hasn't happened recently.

2. Just because I dont hate everything I am not a homer.

3. If all you do is bitch, yes you are a hater.Nobody that complained incessantly has ever succeeded at anything, ever.

4. No way anyone was more pissed than me after the Indy game. Even those that went to the game and paid the $. Its not possible to be more pissed than I was without killing someone.

5. Have a great Mothers Day, the Chiefs haven't lost a single game this year.

You might want to check the date of the last Chiefs game played.

OnTheWarpath15 05-11-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10624737)

LMAO

Just Passin' By 05-11-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

ROFL

Mav 05-11-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10624734)
Stopped reading here.

The pass rush started failing well before the injuries to Houston and Hali.

Oh, well then. Awesome. So adding to a pass rush that was failing, was a great idea!!!!

Well now that we have solved that issue.

Marcellus 05-11-2014 08:33 PM

:cuss:
Quote:

**** you I meant this season. :harumph:

OnTheWarpath15 05-11-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10624742)
Oh, well then. Awesome. So adding to a pass rush that was failing, was a great idea!!!!

Well now that we have solved that issue.

While Ford has an insane first step (when healthy) QB's get the ball out before even a great rush gets there.

It's no surprise that the pass rush began to progress from average to really ****ing bad when we started playing real QB's and not the Case Keenum's and Jeff Tuel's of the NFL.

Ford is one more guy that won't get to the QB unless the DB's can cover for more than 2 seconds.

And a guy that is going to struggle to fill Tamba's shoes next year because he's 100% one-dimensional.

And again, that's all IF he stays healthy.

chiefzilla1501 05-11-2014 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10624747)
While Ford has an insane first step (when healthy) QB's get the ball out before even a great rush gets there.

It's no surprise that the pass rush began to progress from average to really ****ing bad when we started playing real QB's and not the Case Keenum's and Jeff Tuel's of the NFL.

Ford is one more guy that won't get to the QB unless the DB's can cover for more than 2 seconds.

And a guy that is going to struggle to fill Tamba's shoes next year because he's 100% one-dimensional.

And again, that's all IF he stays healthy.

Way too soon to call the guy 100% one-dimensional. OLBs are easier to draft for than DEs because it's okay to be one-dimensional. You don't have to win in the trenches as much to be an okay run defender. Tamba Hali wasn't a good run defender in a 4-3 either. Houston was below average defending the run in college. I think Ford will be fine. He doesn't have to be an exceptional run defender. He just has to improve enough to not be a liability and moving to OLB is going to help a lot.

htismaqe 05-11-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10624687)

There is no middle ground here. I've said it many, many times.

milkman 05-11-2014 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 10624699)

If by some cruel twist of fate the Browns become better, then we can all cry about the fact that the engineers were passed over here for Scott Pioli and John Dorsey.