ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith Traded to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270464)

Discuss Thrower 02-27-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9446801)
Welcome to hell future #1 draft pick.

Trezelle Jenkins is ****ing singing Hallelujah right now, Lent be damned.

tooge 02-27-2013 03:10 PM

It's over now. Nothing we can do about it. I'm now just hoping all to hell that he is Rich Gannon and it simply took the right time and situation for him to blossom. Unfortunately, i doubt it. I'm still gonna root for him though.

The "I hope he fails miserably because he isn't the guy I wanted" crowd is nuts. Are you a fan of the team?

Its like your daughter marries a guy you aren't crazy about and you hope they end up divorced. How about rooting for the guy.

shaggyshane 02-27-2013 03:10 PM

What a sad day in KC history. Not since December 1991 when the KC Royals traded Bret Saberhagen to the Mets for Kevin McReynolds,Greg Jeffries & Kevin Miller have I been more upset.

As a Chiefs season ticket holder for 21 years (1991-2011) I always dreamed of drafting a franchise QB. Now the Chiefs have traded their second round pick and it looks like with the top pick they will go offensive-line, I am appalled at giving up this much for a QB bust.

I was at the 49ers/Chiefs game in 2006 & 2010 and Alex Smith sucked in both games. From 2006 to 2010 Alex Smith showed no growth! Many Chiefs fans in our section laughed and mocked at the fact Alex Smith was the top overall pick. This is the biggest mistake in this franchise history.

Don't put the SAVE OUR CHIEFS airplane back too far in the hanger. We may need it by week 10 or 11 to let our feelings known about Alex Smith.

R8RFAN 02-27-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9446827)
We have given this process a chance for how many years????

Did you not get upset that Al Davis selected HOW MANY draft picks based on 40 time and not based on the real essentials of being successful?

I know what you mean but Alex really impressed me after being so damn bad to start with... Reid knows what he is getting.

Frosty 02-27-2013 03:11 PM

We'd better get a decent TE now (or have Moeaki stay healthy). That seems to be Smith's favorite target.

DaKCMan AP 02-27-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namor40 (Post 9446823)
I'm calling playoffs right now, in complete seriousness. This team drastically underperformed last year. With adults running the organization and a real NFL caliber QB running the offense, witEat a bag of dicks you mouth breathing h a few other upgrades, this team will looking at winning 9 or 10 games, maybe not beating out Denver but competing for the Wild Card.

So you're good with nine or ten wins each year and no super bowls? Eat a bag of dicks.

Carlota69 02-27-2013 03:11 PM

I'm not a fan of this trade,but I'm certainly it going to slit my wrists over it either.

I'm a Chiefs fan. That's that. There's no jumping ship. As someone said earlier, my wallet will be on blackout til they give me a reason to bust it out. So, that's it. I'm hoping for the best, and not going to kill myself if it does t happen.

Having said that:

What I find interesting is that people (including the "experts") keep alluding to the fact that Reid is no Harbaugh. Um, didn't Reid coach Farve and McNabb plus a few others? Why is Harbaugh considered so much better when his track record isn't quite Reid's? Not yet anyways.

And why does this mean we won't draft a QB at all as people keep saying? Um, we aren't going to the season with Smith and Stanzi are we? We still need a QB. While it may not be G Smith, it has to be someone?

Anyways, definitely a drag of a day for Chiefs fans, but it isn't the end of the world. Not for me anyways.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-27-2013 03:11 PM

All the hope of the offseason...gone. Gone with another stab through the heart by acquiring another teams castoff.

Ming the Merciless 02-27-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namor40 (Post 9446823)
I'm calling playoffs right now, in complete seriousness.

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-27-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9446558)
Jason Whitlock ‏@WhitlockJason
I like what the Chiefs did. Alex Smith is an upgrade. Chiefs can trade top pick for additional picks and/or a starter or 2.

Who beat Jwhit with a reerun stick today???
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-27-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9446851)
I'm not a fan of this trade,but I'm certainly it going to slit my wrists over it either.

I'm a Chiefs fan. That's that. There's no jumping ship. As someone said earlier, my wallet will be on blackout til they give me a reason to bust it out. So, that's it. I'm hoping for the best, and not going to kill myself if it does t happen.

Having said that:

What I find interesting is that people (including the "experts") keep alluding to the fact that Reid is no Harbaugh. Um, didn't Reid coach Farve and McNabb plus a few others? Why is Harbaugh considered so much better when his track record isn't quite Reid's? Not yet anyways.

And why does this mean we won't draft a QB at all as people keep saying? Um, we aren't going to the season with Smith and Stanzi are we? We still need a QB. While it may not be G Smith, it has to be someone?

Anyways, definitely a drag of a day for Chiefs fans, but it isn't the end of the world. Not for me anyways.

Its ALL yours honey. Enjoy!
Posted via Mobile Device

Namor40 02-27-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9446850)
So you're good with nine or ten wins each year and no super bowls? Eat a bag of dicks.

LOL, 9 or 10 wins each year is better than 2 or 3 wins each year, reaching for Geno Smith by about 30 picks, watching him be a bust because he is thrown into the starting lineup too early and busts.

Getting into the playoffs is the key, if you get into the playoffs, anything can happen. Additionally it gives the fans a chance to be excited about something, it makes the team more lucrative to potential free agents, because lets face it, who REALLY wants to come here right now? To be part of a loser? If the Chiefs can win 10 games next season, I'll consider it a success and something to build upon.

Also why the rudeness? I don't remember being rude to you or making any sort of derogatory comments, not sure why you insist on being disrespectful, I'm just expressing my views.

The Franchise 02-27-2013 03:15 PM

You know what.....the Chiefs want to move down now? Swap 1sts with the Vikings for Percy Harvin and a 4th round pick.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-27-2013 03:15 PM

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

SAUTO 02-27-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9446756)
I thought it went up to 33 Million...

you thought wrong

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...ed-deal-source