ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

Lzen 12-27-2007 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru
Halo 3 on Coop online kicks ass. My son plays online with my profile but if you ever want to coop up just send me a PM and I will kick him off. :)

Ok, I'll keep that in mind. Truthfully, I'm much more into Call Of Duty. I have had COD:Finest Hour and Big Red One on my PS2 and I absolutely love those games. This new one is really cool, too.

007 12-27-2007 07:37 PM

Guitar Hero III

I have been able to connect with quicksurfer but for some reason can never connect with anyone else when searching for another person on Live. Everyone has the dreaded red bar when I look up opponents. Has anyone had this problem at all?

QuikSsurfer 12-27-2007 09:26 PM

make sure that your NAT is open. go to the dashboard and run a connection test.

007 12-27-2007 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer
make sure that your NAT is open. go to the dashboard and run a connection test.

I am passing every single test. Just can't figure this out at all.

We can play everything else online in ranked mode without a problem. the only way to play GH III online is to get an invite or send an invite. Can't play ranked at all.

JBucc 12-27-2007 10:01 PM

Portal is ****ing fun as hell. I've only played about half an hour but it's amazing. Also a little Half Life 2, also great. I'm going to wait til tomorrow to try Team Fortress. I'm not sure about it since I'm not really into teamwork. I hope they make Counter Strike for 360. Shouldn't be too hard.

Lzen 12-28-2007 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
Stop stop stop stop stop.

Rock Band Support

Choose the express option and get a new guitar in under a week.

Thanks for the suggestion, UP. But I did manage to another one. When I took it back to the store the other night, they didn't have any more so no exchange was possible. Nobody else in town had any. My MIL works at the Walmart photo lab and she tells me that they get trucks in every night.

So I called the 3 stores in town yesterday. The first 2 said they didn't have any in stock yet but the 3rd one had gotten 8 of them in. So the boys and I got rocking again last night.

I did notice that this guitar feels a little flimsy, though. I'm afraid it might break just like the last one. My Guitar Hero guitars (PS2) seem to be built much better. WTH?

Kraus 12-28-2007 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
Portal is ****ing fun as hell. I've only played about half an hour but it's amazing. Also a little Half Life 2, also great. I'm going to wait til tomorrow to try Team Fortress. I'm not sure about it since I'm not really into teamwork. I hope they make Counter Strike for 360. Shouldn't be too hard.

Just got the Orange Box for Christmas... I went straight to Portal. Great game. Now I've got to tackle all of the HL2 games.

Blankey 12-28-2007 06:31 PM

I'm thinking about getting a new game... Is Mass Effect worth $60?

JBucc 12-28-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blankey
I'm thinking about getting a new game... Is Mass Effect worth $60?

Only if you like games.

Blankey 12-28-2007 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
Only if you like games.

Whoo! I like games!

Ultra Peanut 12-29-2007 09:14 AM

Mass Effect is worth $600.

Bowser 12-29-2007 10:07 AM

I've just got back into BioShock. When I first got the game, it was right before Halo 3 came out, then the Orange Box, so it got put on hold. I'm at the part where you have to kill the guy in the frozen corridor. I can't imagine all the shit I've missed in the game. Is it worth playing a second time, or should I dive into Mass Effect after the first BioShock go around?

007 12-29-2007 06:42 PM

Still having problems with GH III. Can't connect to any ranked, quickplay, custom match or player match. The only thing we CAN do is create a match but then you have to wait for people to join which can take forever.

Is nobody else having this problem? I don't see how we can be the only ones. As I said, NAT is OPEN and every single game we own goes online with ease but this one.

Third Eye 12-29-2007 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru
Still having problems with GH III. Can't connect to any ranked, quickplay, custom match or player match. The only thing we CAN do is create a match but then you have to wait for people to join which can take forever.

Is nobody else having this problem? I don't see how we can be the only ones. As I said, NAT is OPEN and every single game we own goes online with ease but this one.

All of Xbox Live is jacked up right now. It has been for about 5 days. They are "working" on it. If you check forums.xbox.com there about 10000 threads about it. More than likely it is related to the fact that there has been a massive jump in users due to the holidays.

Frazod 12-29-2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
I've just got back into BioShock. When I first got the game, it was right before Halo 3 came out, then the Orange Box, so it got put on hold. I'm at the part where you have to kill the guy in the frozen corridor. I can't imagine all the shit I've missed in the game. Is it worth playing a second time, or should I dive into Mass Effect after the first BioShock go around?

I played BioShock on the PC. It's a great game, but it doesn't have much replayability, IMO. I bored of it quickly the second time around.