ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively DONE (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270361)

slimdagreat 02-24-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9434194)
They're leaking it, so that they can get teams to offer them a trade for the 1st round pick. This team is ****ing scared.

THey aren't getting more than a 3rd for Alex Smith, so if that's the strategy it's going to fail

The Bad Guy 02-24-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9434192)
Who's in for a preemptive SOC twitter strike on the new regime? Let's blast this trial balloon out of the sky with our banner buddy.

Horrible idea.

Would really make this fanbase look like a bunch of ****ing clowns.

stonedstooge 02-24-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9434173)
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelo...416/alex-smith

stats never tell the whole story

you can't watch a football game and tell me Matt Cassel has anywhere near the talent Alex Smith has

Alex Smith is Trent Green.

Alex Smith played just about every game with a lead this past year...he had two remarkable games, two efficient games, two average games, one below average game and one SHIT game. He was 6-2. And the number is actually 207 but I expected you to add the game where he played 1 quarter before injury and the game where he threw 1 pass to prove your point.

Except Smith has a career average of 178.5 ypg with a rating of 79.1 and
Green in his 6 yrs in Kansas City averaged 243.9 ypg and a rating of 87.3

The Franchise 02-24-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimdagreat (Post 9434198)
THey aren't getting more than a 3rd for Alex Smith, so if that's the strategy it's going to fail

I was talking about the Chiefs....dipshit.

DonTellMeShowMe 02-24-2013 07:45 PM

In all honesty, if AS does go to the Chiefs, I don't think it will be as bad as you guys are making it out to be (flame suit on):

I think if the Chiefs trade for AS, that def means they're going to draft a qb (unfortunately, prob not the first round which continues the streak).

But who better to learn under for a year or two, AS has seen it all, and we have seen what he can do with decent to good coaching (Norv Turner as his OC, Harbaugh).

AS know variations of the WCO...he's not going to be sensational but he will win games (think elite game manager...good lord I hate that term).

He is definitely better than Cassel, but think of him more of a bridge to your future QB who will sit behind him...it worked out well for us (49ers)

htismaqe 02-24-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9434197)
no, they've been negotiating for awhile...i'd wager this came up in the initial sit down in philly..."what about Smith?"

they didn't spend 15 minutes talking to QBs and watching them throw against air and then make a snap decision...i mean i hope not, that would be embarrassing

EXACTLY

Hoover 02-24-2013 07:45 PM

Lets fly a banner!

O.city 02-24-2013 07:46 PM

Was Smith better with the 9ers than Cassel with the Pats?

Didn't think so.

dirk digler 02-24-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9434194)
They're leaking it, so that they can get teams to offer them a trade for the 1st round pick. This team is ****ing scared.

I can't imagine a new regime being scared

Ebolapox 02-24-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9434199)
Horrible idea.

well, a fanbase full of ****ing clowns goes QUITE well with a front office/team full of ****ing clowns. are we ever going to stop ****ing tripping over our own goddamned feet? ****

-King- 02-24-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9434173)
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelo...416/alex-smith

stats never tell the whole story

you can't watch a football game and tell me Matt Cassel has anywhere near the talent Alex Smith has

Alex Smith played just about every game with a lead this past year...he had two remarkable games, two efficient games, two average games, one below average game and one SHIT game. He was 6-2. And the number is actually 207 but I expected you to add the game where he played 1 quarter before injury and the game where he threw 1 pass to prove your point.

LOLOLOL

I got my number from PFR. And even 207 YPG isn't impressive in the least. At 207, he's still worse than Cassel who averaged 213 YPG (taking out the game he was injured in like you did).

And no, the 6-2 number doesn't impress me at all seeing as how his defense allowed 12 ****ing points per game in those 8 games he did play and finish.

slimdagreat 02-24-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9434201)
I was talking about the Chiefs....dipshit.

Gotcha cumstain

Setsuna 02-24-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Horrible idea.

Ummm that ship has sailed. Local sports radio has done that for yall. You know this.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Horrible idea.

So what recourse do we have short of just walking away and not letting the team know why?

penbrook 02-24-2013 07:46 PM

@PFCentral

That's where Im not 100% on whether its a 3rd or 4th. I know deal is done.