ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

Braincase 05-15-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9685271)
That and now KU is only 10 behind in the all time wins race. I don't think it's ever been this close before.

2 years...

Titty Meat 05-15-2013 10:34 PM

Perry Ellis seems like a forgotten man. Very good player. Maybe the most talented KU team since the one that got upset by Arizona. Youth is a bit of a concern although last years Michigan team was young.

Ceej 05-15-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9685954)
Perry Ellis seems like a forgotten man. Very good player. Maybe the most talented KU team since the one that got upset by Arizona. Youth is a bit of a concern although last years Michigan team was young.

You feeling okay lately?

CoMoChief 05-16-2013 12:01 AM

Ellis was in my doghouse for most of the season, because up til the B12 tourney, he played like a child going up against a bunch of men.

He's going to have to show a lot more now being the primary offensive guy inside than just the sample size we all saw the last couple/few weeks of the season.

teedubya 05-16-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9685956)
You feeling okay lately?

He is experiencing what happened to Demonpenz... he is becoming a KU Hoops fan. :clap: I've seen about 5-6 of them occur in the last 3-4 years now.

teedubya 05-16-2013 12:16 AM

3- Five Star recruits
3- Four Star recruits

Holy shit.

Mr. Plow 05-16-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

You feeling okay lately?

He flip flops on how he talks based on the audience he thinks is listening.

Mr. Laz 05-16-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

You feeling okay lately?

another como

NU football
KU basketball

hard to blame

ArrowheadHawk 05-16-2013 10:19 AM

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enha...8559312-30.gif

Thig Lyfe 05-16-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9686620)

buhhhh

saphojunkie 05-16-2013 10:38 AM

Andrew Wiggins perfectly exemplifies the difference between KU and the Chiefs.

We get the #1 overall pick in an historically bad year for QBs, one year AFTER the best QB class in 30 years.

KU, meanwhile, loses five starters and completely reloads in one of the deepest recruiting classes ever, snagging three top players including the best prospect in a decade.

I've said it before on this board, and I'll say it again. I don't know how missouri fans survive.

Mr. Plow 05-16-2013 10:42 AM

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2013/m...lf-basks-glow/

Next year’s top player responds: Jahlil Okafor, a 6-10, 280-pound center from Chicago Whitney Young and the No. 1 player in the Class of 2014, wrote about Wiggins in his blog in USA Today.

“Of course I heard the news about Andrew Wiggins signing with Kansas and I really liked that move for him. He wouldn’t be there if I was to go there but that still makes them really attractive,” Okafor wrote.

“A lot of people say that Kansas doesn’t want a freshman to just come in for a year and have a huge impact then leave. I’ve never believed that, but I know Andrew will prove that it’s not true so that’s why it’s big. I’ll definitely be watching close to see how they handle a player of his talent level. I know coach Self will do a good job with it. I thought Andrew handled his whole recruitment really well. He took his time and made the right decision for him. I do think I’ll end up committing much sooner than he did though.”

Mr. Plow 05-16-2013 10:43 AM

And Calipari paints a HUGE target on their back.....
(from same link)

Kentucky response: Kentucky coach John Calipari at a news conference Wednesday discussed losing Wiggins to KU.

“I’m as confident before and after his decision,” Calipari told the Sporting News’ Mike DeCourcy. “I wish him well. He’s a great kid and is going to be a terrific basketball player. I was confident in this team and what we have before and after.”

Calipari said his young Wildcat team will try to go undefeated.

“We’re chasing perfection. We’re chasing greatness. We’re chasing things that have never been done before in the history of this game,” Calipari said. “It’s never been done … in the modern era.”

No team has gone undefeated since the NCAA Tournament expanded to 64 teams in 1985.

“It wakes you up a little earlier in the morning,” Calipari said in the Sporting News. “I don’t mind a little pressure. You know what? I’m at my best when the gun is to my head. Players are the same. I’m not saying if we lose a game, it is not a successful season. No. But you’re chasing greatness. What’s wrong with that?”

Mr. Plow 05-16-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9686663)
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2013/m...lf-basks-glow/

“A lot of people say that Kansas doesn’t want a freshman to just come in for a year and have a huge impact then leave.”

A sign of negative recruiting by other coaches.

Bambi 05-16-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9686668)
And Calipari paints a HUGE target on their back.....
(from same link)

Kentucky response: Kentucky coach John Calipari at a news conference Wednesday discussed losing Wiggins to KU.

“I’m as confident before and after his decision,” Calipari told the Sporting News’ Mike DeCourcy. “I wish him well. He’s a great kid and is going to be a terrific basketball player. I was confident in this team and what we have before and after.”

Calipari said his young Wildcat team will try to go undefeated.

“We’re chasing perfection. We’re chasing greatness. We’re chasing things that have never been done before in the history of this game,” Calipari said. “It’s never been done … in the modern era.”

No team has gone undefeated since the NCAA Tournament expanded to 64 teams in 1985.

“It wakes you up a little earlier in the morning,” Calipari said in the Sporting News. “I don’t mind a little pressure. You know what? I’m at my best when the gun is to my head. Players are the same. I’m not saying if we lose a game, it is not a successful season. No. But you’re chasing greatness. What’s wrong with that?”

NIT trash