ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

RealSNR 02-22-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9426472)
How exactly was Barkleys press conference better than Geno's?

His dreamy smile, gelled hair, and gorgeous white skin

Hammock Parties 02-22-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9426479)
His dreamy smile, gelled hair, and gorgeous white skin

The Master race has never had such a pathetic arm.

Messier 02-22-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9426481)
The Master race has never had such a pathetic arm.

Myth.

Sorter 02-22-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9426366)

Mother****ing called it. Geno= The Black Tom Brady

Hammock Parties 02-22-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9426488)
Mother****ing called it. Geno= The Black Tom Brady

Uncle Tom Brady?

htismaqe 02-22-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9426501)
Uncle Tom Brady?

ROFL

Sorter 02-22-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Uncle Tom Brady?

LMAO

the Talking Can 02-22-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9426272)
Carpenter: "Physically, Geno Smith has everything the Chiefs need in a QB."

bingo

this is the biggest no-brainer in the history of Chiefs history

Canofbier 02-22-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9426472)
How exactly was Barkleys press conference better than Geno's?

Depends on who you ask; they were certainly different. Geno came across as humble and hard-working, Matt came across as superior and articulate. Depending on the kind of guy you like, I think that you could have a positive opinion of either press conference (or both).

Bewbies 02-22-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9426544)
Depends on who you ask; they were certainly different. Geno came across as humble and hard-working, Matt came across as superior and articulate. Depending on the kind of guy you like, I think that you could have a positive opinion of either press conference (or both).

Were either as impressive to the media as Mark Sanchize was?

Hootie 02-22-2013 07:55 PM

Sanchize brought along a high school cheerleader with him to all his interviews. Rex Ryan loved her feet. I like dudes.

NJChiefsFan 02-22-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Uncle Tom Brady?

ROFL

silver5liter 02-22-2013 10:15 PM

Geno may be shorter than 6'3" but he has good arm length, which you would think would make his release point higher than Barkleys.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/cor88b/qbs.png

KCrockaholic 02-22-2013 10:37 PM

Measured my hands today. Same size as Landry Jones and Dysert... I can't post this on facebook without it getting weird so I'm posting it here.

HolyHat 02-23-2013 12:36 AM

What day do they measure penis' at the combine?

KCrockaholic 02-23-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9427532)
What day do they measure penis' at the combine?

Pretty sure that's during the interview process.

HolyHat 02-23-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9427538)
Pretty sure that's during the interview process.

They better bring a yardstick for Geno.

-King- 02-23-2013 12:42 AM

Wow.

AussieChiefsFan 02-23-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9427543)
They better bring a yardstick for Geno.

LMAO

Mother****erJones 02-23-2013 01:51 AM

Jesus Christ Tyler Wilson has BK hands

chiefscafan 02-23-2013 04:19 AM

I'm starting to worry we are drafting jokel I think it's a bad idea.

evolve27 02-23-2013 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9427667)

Me too. This morning the more shit I read I'm getting a bad feeling we will get Joeckel. I wonder what the future of Albert holds too. I wish he would have said that he doesn't mind playing guard to help the Chiefs out in any way.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-23-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9427667)

These guys aren't dumb....I hope

htismaqe 02-23-2013 09:41 AM

Rich Eisen just TOTALLY slammed Mayock. ROFL

Chance Warmack is doing the long jump and Eisen says "so THIS is the guy the Chiefs are going to take #1 overall?" in a REALLY sarcastic tone.

Mayock tries to defend himself and Eisen says "there's no consensus QB and after looking at all the other positions, they're going to take a GUARD?"

ROFL

RealSNR 02-23-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9427863)
Rich Eisen just TOTALLY slammed Mayock. ROFL

Chance Warmack is doing the long jump and Eisen says "so THIS is the guy the Chiefs are going to take #1 overall?" in a REALLY sarcastic tone.

Mayock tries to defend himself and Eisen says "there's no consensus QB and after looking at all the other positions, they're going to take a GUARD?"

ROFL

Mayock should be ****ing fired for that shit.

Mother****erJones 02-23-2013 11:40 AM

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/02/23...en-qbs-at.html

Chiefs interview seven QBs at combine
February 23
BY ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

INDIANAPOLIS — The Chiefs have had interviews with seven draft-eligible quarterbacks at the NFL Scouting Combine and plan to speak with an eighth Saturday night.

Chiefs general manager John Dorsey and coach Andy Reid were among club officials who met with quarterbacks Geno Smith of West Virginia, Matt Barkley of USC, Tyler Wilson of Arkansas, Mike Glennon of North Carolina State, Ryan Nassib of Syracuse, Zac Dysert of Miami (Ohio) and Tyler Bray of Tennessee.

The Chiefs were scheduled to meet with Florida State’s E. J. Manuel later Saturday.

“Collectively, I thought they did a good job,” Reid said. “There wasn’t anybody where I said, ‘This guy is terrible.’ That’s not the way it was. What you’ve got to do is you’ve got to keep studying, spent more time with them. This is just kind of an introduction for now.

“We weren’t (crossing) guys off our list when it was over. You felt like they could all hang and do a good job and you wanted to know more. There wasn’t anybody where you said, ‘Forget about this guy.’ That wasn’t the case with any of these guys.”

The Chiefs, who hold the first pick in this year’s draft, are spending plenty of researching quarterbacks available in the draft. While they are unlikely to select a quarterback with the first pick, the Chiefs may invest a subsequent pick in a quarterback.

To that end, Dorsey said the Chiefs would set up personal workouts for most of the draft’s top quarterbacks and at many, both Dorsey and Reid would be present. In any case, the Chiefs will attend the pro day for all of the top quarterbacks.

“Every one of those guys will be worked out by a representative of the Kansas City Chiefs,” Dorsey said.

Dorsey and Reid previously met with Nassib, Wilson, Dysert and a fourth quarterback, Oklahoma’s Landry Jones, at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., last month. For the others, this was their first introduction to the Chiefs.

“You finally get to meet him one on one as a person,” Dorsey said. “You get a brief understanding of where they’re from. You understand the environment they were cultured in and how they were nurtured through the tree of life. You understand how much they’ve been exposed to from an X and O standpoint in their college career. You look at the maturity level of their person. You look at their work habits. You see if they have the combination of variables to lead grown men. That’s a huge responsibility. You have veteran players looking to you to lead the team.

“You could tell they have depth of understanding. They’re all good kids. They all want to please. They all want to do well. They want to win. You can see that in how they come across. They’re well-prepared. The next step is to take them off script.”

That’s the purpose of the personal workouts, which the Chiefs will run. Most of the quarterbacks will also throw for NFL scouts at the combine on Sunday.

Each of the combine interviews lasted just 15 minutes.

“You’ve got them for a 15-minute blast,” Reid said. “You’re trying to cover a lot of territory. You definitely don’t want to do a lot of talking … so we covered all the points on their upbringing and family and all that and then you kind of ease your way into the football part of it. Before you know it, the horns are blowing.”

While with their previous teams, Dorsey and Reid were known for drafting quarterbacks in later rounds who eventually developed into starters. Dorsey, with Green Bay, was with a team that selected Mark Brunell, Matt Hasselbeck and Matt Flynn in the fifth or later round.

In 14 seasons with Reid as their coach, the Eagles drafted A.J. Feeley, Kevin Kolb and Nick Foles after the first round.

“There will be somebody at that position that goes in the second, third, fourth round and he works out,” Reid said. “We just have to go through that and evaluate it and that takes time.”

To reach Adam Teicher, call 816-234-4875 or send email to ateicher@kcstar.com. Follow him at twitter.com/adamteicher.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/02/23...#storylink=cpy

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-23-2013 11:55 AM

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

Two league sources tell me there's a "5% chance the #Chiefs draft Geno Smith". Mention Alex Smith, Nick Foles atop wishlist.

silver5liter 02-23-2013 11:59 AM

Im not putting any stock into anything until right before the draft.

edit: So you're saying theres a chance

Imon Yourside 02-23-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9428211)

I'm a 5 percenter what about you?

WildTurkey 02-23-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9428211)

Isn't Miller the guy who has been pimping Joeckel as the next Ogden? I wouldn't take his tweets too seriously

htismaqe 02-23-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9428246)
Isn't Miller the guy who has been pimping Joeckel as the next Ogden? I wouldn't take his tweets too seriously

Yep.

He's been pretty much stupid all offseason. No reason to listen to him now.

Hammock Parties 02-23-2013 02:23 PM

Mayock just broke down Geno. He was fair. I'll post the vid.

silver5liter 02-23-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9428586)
Mayock just broke down Geno. He was fair. I'll post the vid.

Said he has all the tools youd want in a franchise quarterback, but then there are some plays where he completely missed his receiver. Really wasnt too bad.

Hammock Parties 02-23-2013 02:33 PM

<iframe width="850" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5L1ga7E742M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

melbar 02-23-2013 02:40 PM

Weird to hit such tough throws, then miss such wide open ones. Nit picking, but then again that's the process.
At least those bad throws weren't intercepted! That's the recent Chiefs tradition. Time to break that!

RunKC 02-23-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9428605)
<iframe width="850" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5L1ga7E742M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And there you have it.

This board has been destroying anyone saying Geno isn't as consistent as the board claims.

Just because you complete 71% of your passes doens't mean you are this awesome, consistent QB.

milkman 02-23-2013 02:41 PM

Each of those bad throws in that vid are prime examples of Genofailing to step into the. Throw.

Hammock Parties 02-23-2013 02:41 PM

What #1 pick in the last 10 years, or any first round QB for that matter, was completely consistent?

Not even RGIII, I'd wager.

milkman 02-23-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9428629)
And there you have it.

This board has been destroying anyone saying Geno isn't as consistent as the board claims.

Just because you complete 71% of your passes doens't mean you are this awesome, consistent QB.

We've "destroyed" stupid posts.

We have also talked about his mechanical flaws.

Easily correctable.

silver5liter 02-23-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9428642)
We've "destroyed" stupid posts.

We have also talked about his mechanical flaws.

Easily correctable.

Unlike baby hands Wilson

Cannibal 02-23-2013 02:45 PM

Some of those long passes looked very Casselesque.

O.city 02-23-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9428647)
Unlike baby hands Wilson

That's just not true, when he's shown that his hands don't cause any problems

saphojunkie 02-23-2013 02:46 PM

Totally fair. He does have to hit those open wide receivers over the middle. Has to.

I am still on board, because I think it is absolutely uncoachable the way he keeps his eyes downfield.

I just think that, at this point, the likelihood that the entire league will pass on him in the first is non-existent. If you want one of the best QBs in the draft, you're going to have to pull the trigger in the first.

silver5liter 02-23-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9428648)
Some of those long passes looked very Casselesque.

Matt underthrows, not over lol

Cannibal 02-23-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9428654)
Matt underthrows, not over lol

He does both. Misses open receivers on deep balls.

BigBeauford 02-23-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

And there you have it.

If Kurt Warner was always so good, then why the **** was he bagging groceries!?

htismaqe 02-23-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9428591)
Said he has all the tools youd want in a franchise quarterback, but then there are some plays where he completely missed his receiver. Really wasnt too bad.

Of course there were some plays.

But when you throw the ball 1000 times in 2 seasons, with a 70% completion percentage, "some throws" is horribly overblown.

milkman 02-23-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9428657)
He does both. Misses open receivers on deep balls.

The difference is that the Casselesque throws that Geno makes are the result. Of lazy mechanics.

Cassel had to put everything he had into his.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

And there you have it.

That's just wrong.

The board has been destroying people who:

1) Compared him to RG3 and Vince ****ing Young.
2) Suggested that he was bad enough that we needed to draft Luke Joeckel.
3) Suggested that he couldn't read defenses because he played in the Air Raid

And on and on.

-King- 02-23-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9428673)
Of course there were some plays.

But when you throw the ball 1000 times in 2 seasons, with a 70% completion percentage, "some throws" is horribly overblown.

They could have put in at least some of the perfect deep passes Geno threw this season. The way they set it up makes it look like he can't complete any deep throws.

Tribal Warfare 02-23-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9428663)
If Kurt Warner was always so good, then why the **** was he bagging groceries!?

Mayock - since his Senior Bowl " Flacco is a second round prospect"

Then the day of the draft" Flacco is a first round guy, with great upside."

Messier 02-23-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9428675)
The difference is that the Casselesque throws that Geno makes are the result. Of lazy mechanics.

It's tough to take a guy first hoping he gets better mechanically. I'm sure he can, but you'd like that to not be an issue.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Yep, Geno makes those throws because his base isn't properly set. He's throwing lazy.

Matt makes those throws because he's overcompensating, winding up and throwing the ball absolutely as hard as he can which causes a poor release.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9428680)
They could have put in at least some of the perfect deep passes Geno threw this season. The way they set it up makes it look like he can't complete any deep throws.

Meh, I don't care.

Andy Reid has seen those throws. He's the only guy that matters.

-King- 02-23-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9428685)
It's tough to take a guy first hoping he gets better mechanically. I'm sure he can, but you'd like that to not be an issue.

:spock: Every single QB in the NFL has mechanical issues and inconsitencies coming out.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-23-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9426366)

:drool: I've been saying for a long time he's probably the smartest kid coming out of this class. He can learn any offense and thrive in it. I don't get how this kid is not a consensus number 1 ****ing pick. I just don't get it...

Cannibal 02-23-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

If draft him, lets hope the problem is indeed correctable.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9428787)
If draft him, lets hope the problem is indeed correctable.

If it's correctable, it should show tomorrow. He's spent the last few weeks at IMG working on a lot of things but most notably his footwork.

the Talking Can 02-23-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

And there you have it.

actually, it does....

it doesn't mean you are flawless though, something that has been obvious to everyone all along

but thanks for stopping by, Captain Butt Hurt, good to know you're still butt hurt...when are you going to drop that super secret info you claimed to have about Geno being an illiterate gang banger?

RunKC 02-23-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9428938)
actually, it does....

it doesn't mean you are flawless though, something that has been obvious to everyone all along

but thanks for stopping by, Captain Butt Hurt, good to know you're still butt hurt...when are you going to drop that super secret info you claimed to have about Geno being an illiterate gang banger?

Speaking of butt hurt ^

KCrockaholic 02-23-2013 04:20 PM

I like Mayocks video of Geno. And it's something I saw quite often. Geno was 1 for 12 on the deep ball against TX Tech. That was a bad game. I will add 2 of those incompletions were drops though. So take that into effect he was 3 of 12.

BossChief 02-23-2013 04:46 PM

Geno acknowledges that he is inconsistent. That's the cool part about this kid, he isn't all high and mighty and he realizes that he needs to keep working. This is in no way a kid that gets a big check and sleeps on it and thinks he has arrived. He is gonna be driven to succeed.

He changed divisions and didnt have experience against defenses like KSU and Texas Tech.

Most senior quarterbacks are facing the same defenses year in and year out and know the ins and outs of how to beat them.

BossChief 02-23-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9428132)
“There will be somebody at that position that goes in the second, third, fourth round and he works out,” Reid said. “We just have to go through that and evaluate it and that takes time.”

Ok this comment has me a little worried.

RealSNR 02-23-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9428685)

In that's the case, the only QBs who should have been drafted in the first round in the past 10 years are Luck and Eli Manning

RealSNR 02-23-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9429066)
Ok this comment has me a little worried.

It does me too, but I'm still pretty confident that Reid isn't dumb enough to take an offensive or defensive lineman at #1 overall.

RunKC 02-23-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9429049)
He changed divisions and didnt have experience against defenses like KSU and Texas Tech.

He played LSU, a far better defense than any Big 12 school.

KCrockaholic 02-23-2013 04:55 PM

I saw that comment earlier...

KCrockaholic 02-23-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9429073)
He played LSU, a far better defense than any Big 12 school.

He played well against LSU. That was as a Junior.

RunKC 02-23-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9429076)
He played well against LSU. That was as a Junior.

He had a few nice throws, but most of his yardage came in the 2nd half when LSU was in the drivers seat and played in the basic prevent defense.

KCrockaholic 02-23-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9429082)
He had a few nice throws, but most of his yardage came in the 2nd half when LSU was in the drivers seat and played in the basic prevent defense.

He threw for 202 yards in the first half against LSU.... And yes he was playing from behind. Was he supposed to jump over to defense and keep the game closer himself so that the haters couldn't find something to nit pick about?

RunKC 02-23-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9429106)
He threw for 202 yards in the first half against LSU.... And yes he was playing from behind. Was he supposed to jump over to defense and keep the game closer himself so that the haters couldn't find something to nit pick about?

This is true, which isn't necessarily his fault.

I will say this though: Geno's best throw of his entire college career, by far IMO, was in that game.

KCrockaholic 02-23-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9429122)
This is true, which isn't necessarily his fault.

I will say this though: Geno's best throw of his entire college career, by far IMO, was in that game.

I wouldn't disagree with that. He's had some remarkable throws. A few real WOW moments. But that one was the most perfectly placed throw I've seen him make. And usually he puts too much air under those throws. Maybe he just needs to keep the velocity and reel back his "touch" a bit on the deep throws.

Hootie 02-23-2013 05:52 PM

I just want to point out that GOD (Andrew Luck) made one of the worst overthrown passes I've ever seen in my life to a wide open receiver against the Chiefs this year that should have been the easiest touchdown of all time.

I just don't understand how, based on what we've seen on film and what kind of passion Geno has for the game, he's not a good enough prospect to go #1.

It truly baffles me. Hopefully he lights up the combine tomorrow. Can't wait.

O.city 02-23-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

And there you have it.

Is Landry Jones better than Tyler Wilson?

58-4ever 02-23-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429273)
Is Landry Jones better than Tyler Wilson?

NO... I've watched every Jones game and several Wilson games.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-23-2013 06:15 PM

why the disclaimer? "of course the chiefs probably WONT draft a qb in the first"....****...OFF with that shit!
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 02-23-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9429255)
I just want to point out that GOD (Andrew Luck) made one of the worst overthrown passes I've ever seen in my life to a wide open receiver against the Chiefs this year that should have been the easiest touchdown of all time.

I just don't understand how, based on what we've seen on film and what kind of passion Geno has for the game, he's not a good enough prospect to go #1.

It truly baffles me. Hopefully he lights up the combine tomorrow. Can't wait.

He did that all the time at Stanford, too.

Where are the QB experts who claim that he'll never be able to correct himself so he can complete that throw with near perfect accuracy?

RealSNR 02-23-2013 06:20 PM

Joe Flacco had one hell of a postseason. Shit ton of passing yards, gobs of TD throws, and very few turnovers.

Oh, but he overthrew some wide open TD bombs four or five times in those playoff games.

Bust.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-23-2013 06:20 PM

What are you talking about? Andrew Luck has NEVER thrown an incomplete pass.

Hootie 02-23-2013 06:22 PM

Aaron Rodgers played a HELL OF A GAME against Warner/Cardinals the year Warner went to the Super Bowl and he had a wide open Jennings in overtime to win the game and overthrew him/possibly threw the wrong route/maybe Jennings ran the wrong route but NO QBs are going to be perfect on every throw...I don't understand that video breakdown with the 100 out of 100.

Tom Brady pissed me off this year several times (I had Patriots heavy fantasy teams)...he overthrew Gronk and Hernandez at least 5 times for wide open touchdowns this year.