ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

Marcellus 09-17-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9987134)
Every freaking team would be milking clock in that situation with their run game. Every single one.

It's not spot on. It's nowhere close to being on point. It's frankly absurd.

80 yard TD drive in the 3rd quarter. JC had 2 carries for 3 yards on that drive.

While JC is crucial the offense, it seems maybe the QB is doing work as well.

Bearcat 09-17-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9986934)
Seems the extremes are a fabrication altogether though. No one is saying you or anyone has to "go all in" and pronounce Alex is the savior of KC... that he is elite and will be exceptional for the next 10 years. No one is saying any of that... can you at least recognize and appreciate that much? Most of the pro-Alex guys are only really suggesting that it is wrong to label him as a Cassell and that KC can't be successful with him. You may not be black or white in your intent, but your posts have all definitely favored the pessimistic view... and definitely comes off as an axe to grind VS a simple pat on the back, and keep doing well, Alex.

We're going in circles... I've posted the stats. 2010 Cassel and 2011 Smith are almost identical statistically, and their career stats are just as eerily similar. 2012 Smith had a better rating because his completion percentage was up, but there wasn't a huge difference in projected yardage/TDs/etc. Really, the only significant difference is the win over the Saints in the playoffs, and that yes, Smith continued to improve while Cassel didn't (granted, the 49ers were a better team, but whatever).

I do see it as an upgrade so far... better pocket presence, doesn't curl up into the fetal position at the first sign of trouble, etc... but, being efficient in the first two games while throwing for less than 6 yards per completion doesn't make him significantly better than the 2010 Cassel who had a 27/7 TD/INT ratio and only fumbled twice.

Of course Smith is an upgrade from last season, which isn't saying much, and he has shown more flashes of potential... but, that's it for now. The numbers don't lie. He'll be given a few opportunities this year to possibly win high scoring games (maybe in both of the next two games) and he'll go up against Peyton Manning twice. Of course, he doesn't have to win all of them by throwing for 600 yards and 8 touchdowns, but what he does will go a lot further in determining if he can take it to the next level than talking about the past while he was on a different team with different coaches, etc.

You guys like him, I get it... but, again, you have to understand that we're coming from years and years of retread QBs and years and years of believing it'll be different "this time"... and as much as I'd love for it to be true for the first time in 20 years, as someone who has seen plenty of ~10 win/1 and done seasons, cautious optimism is about the best I can do, and even that's a stretch before the end of the month.

Marcellus 09-17-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9987187)
We're going in circles... I've posted the stats. 2010 Cassel and 2011 Smith are almost identical statistically, and their career stats are just as eerily similar. 2012 Smith had a better rating because his completion percentage was up, but there wasn't a huge difference in projected yardage/TDs/etc. Really, the only significant difference is the win over the Saints in the playoffs, and that yes, Smith continued to improve while Cassel didn't (granted, the 49ers were a better team, but whatever).

2 games into 2010 Cassel had 2 picks 1 TD and 243 passing yards.

If you think Smith is going to project to have the same season this year that Cassel did in 2010, I don't even know what to tell you.

Do you Smith is going to go backwards from here? Being serious.

duncan_idaho 09-17-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

You guys like him, I get it... but, again, you have to understand that we're coming from years and years of retread QBs and years and years of believing it'll be different "this time"... and as much as I'd love for it to be true for the first time in 20 years, as someone who has seen plenty of ~10 win/1 and done seasons, cautious optimism is about the best I can do, and even that's a stretch before the end of the month.

Love the whole post, but especially this part.

The Chiefs fanbase has been burned by QBs like Alex Smith time and again. The biggest difference with Smith is that there is MORE evidence about who he really is than probably any other retread guy KC has brought in since DeBerg or Krieg.

Very few people are saying the guy is terrible. But we are more than justified in being cautious about a guy who has been a game manager, mediocre QB in the past, and wanting to see him be MORE than that before he's signed to a lucrative extension.

I'll give Dorsey major credit on not extending him right away. If he doesn't elevate his play and they move on after two years, I'll give Dorsey even more (though I'll point out that they paid an awful lot to get him, ESPECIALLY if they haven't won something significant in that timeframe).

If at the end of 2014, the Chiefs go in a different direction at QB and have won 18 games in 2013 and 2014 without a playoff run or even a divisional crown, the trade is a failure, IMO.

Unless Tyler Bray is the lightning strike and becomes a star, thanks in part to Alex Smith's tutelage. But I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Baby Lee 09-17-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9986396)
And to be honest, if you are being honest with yourself

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9986406)
I'm starting to think you suspect I'm less than honest...

'Maybe it's just me, but for me. . . '

http://images.amcnetworks.com/ifc.co...erman_cast.jpg

Jakemall 09-17-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger's Bitch (Post 9986991)
AS has the ability to throw the ball down the field, he just doesn't have the guts to.

He's a chickenshit.

QB's that play as scared as him don't often find success. Yeah, he won't make the big mistake, but he won't go out and win the game for you either. There will be important games when the team needs him to do just that, and it simply won't be happening because he's a coward.

Closing out the game against the cowgirls is a perfect example of this. Jamaal Charles is the real QB of this team.

How many total yards of offense were there? How many yards rushing did Charles have? And HE'S THE QUARTERBACK?

LOL..wow. I don't even know what to say.

NinerDoug 09-17-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9986994)
Thursday will be the real test for Alex. The Eagles will put up points at home so the offense is going to have kick it into high gear. This is the type of game Alex HAS to show he can win.

In 2011 he staged a 20 + point second half comeback, in Philly, to beat the Eagles.

BigCatDaddy 09-17-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 9987241)
In 2011 he staged a 20 + point second half comeback, in Philly, to beat the Eagles.

This was addressed. He threw for like 5 yards on the game winning drive.

Jakemall 09-17-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smiff (Post 9987185)
I just hope KC doesn't sign him to a big contract as their long time starter because people will see eventually that he is very limited. Even with all the wins, Harbaugh saw it.

Alex's bread and butter is let the defense set the tone. If they keep the games close...the Chiefs will always be in games. If the D is ordinary. Good luck. It's not a knock on the guy, it's just not who he is. Fanboys have a hard time accepting that.

He means like the Eagles game.

Jakemall 09-17-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987244)

Because a 20+ point comeback requires only 7 points.

BigCatDaddy 09-17-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 9987248)
Because a 20+ point comeback requires only 7 points.

Matt Cassell lead the Chiefs to an 18 point comeback win over the Saints last year. I'm afraid I'm going to need a little more.

I should probably run to the Vikings board and let them know what stud they have on their bench.

NinerDoug 09-17-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

AS has the ability to throw the ball down the field, he just doesn't have the guts to.

He's a chickenshit.

QB's that play as scared as him don't often find success. Yeah, he won't make the big mistake, but he won't go out and win the game for you either. There will be important games when the team needs him to do just that, and it simply won't be happening because he's a coward.
Closing out the game against the cowgirls is a perfect example of this. Jamaal Charles is the real QB of this team.

He is very cautious, and you won't see big numbers very often. But when you actually need him to step up (i.e., come back), he can do it. He has done it a number of times.

Bearcat 09-17-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9987205)
2 games into 2010 Cassel had 2 picks 1 TD and 243 passing yards.

If you think Smith is going to project to have the same season this year that Cassel did in 2010, I don't even know what to tell you.

Do you Smith is going to go backwards from here? Being serious.

Well, comparing two games to two other games is pointless.... Cassel's first game in 2010 was in a downpour for ~3 quarters against the best pass defense in the league. It was one of his worst rated games, but the 2nd game was actually worse against the Browns... that alone shows there's really no point in comparing, since there are so many variables involved game to game.

To answer your question though, backwards in terms of development is different than ending the season with worse stats than what is projected after two games against the Jaguars and Cowboys.

Statistically, he pretty much has to go backwards if he's going to take any risks at all and throw downfield... yeah, he's not going to end up with a 32/0 TD/INT ratio if he's doing what it takes to beat some of the teams on the schedule.

As far as developing with the new scheme, coaches, etc; I certainly hope he improves, but at the end of the season being efficient doesn't really cut it. Even Matt Cassel did that for one season. Beating Jacksonville and Dallas does nothing as far as showing he's ready to consistently compete with the big boys, and that's the whole point for those of us who have seen retread after retread beat up on mediocre or bad competition just to flame out in the playoffs. He'll get his chances.

Halfcan 09-17-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

He's a chickenshit.

Wow you get my vote for dumbest post in this thread-so congrats-lol You are right Alex should just throw it as hard as he can like Eli did this week-right into triple coverage. Or maybe like Kape did 3 times. You don't win games tossing the ball up for grabs dumbass. They were trying to RUN TIME OFF THE CLOCK!!! Ever hear of it?? How does that make him a coward?

As far as chickenshit- yep that is why Alex was diving backwards on the opening drive. How long has it been since the Chiefs took the ball down the field and scored a TD in the Home Opener?

Funny how every media outlet is praising Alex for his leadership, courage and will to win except for the Idiots on here that have tried to slam him every way possible. When the facts don't work they drag up Cassel stats, when that doesn't work-just make shit up or attack him personally. You guys should just find another team to root for-your obviously not Chiefs fans.

Sandy Vagina 09-17-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

I do see it as an upgrade so far... better pocket presence, doesn't curl up into the fetal position at the first sign of trouble, etc... but, being efficient in the first two games while throwing for less than 6 yards per completion doesn't make him significantly better than the 2010 Cassel who had a 27/7 TD/INT ratio and only fumbled twice.

Of course Smith is an upgrade from last season, which isn't saying much, and he has shown more flashes of potential... but, that's it for now. The numbers don't lie. He'll be given a few opportunities this year to possibly win high scoring games (maybe in both of the next two games) and he'll go up against Peyton Manning twice. Of course, he doesn't have to win all of them by throwing for 600 yards and 8 touchdowns, but what he does will go a lot further in determining if he can take it to the next level than talking about the past while he was on a different team with different coaches, etc.

The issue I take with your post here... (and by the way, I appreciate you being respectful in your responses for the most part.. that's rare here)

.. is that Alex has been doing this for the last 2.2.5 years of his career.
(of course, there being a game or two where it just went ugly)

Alex was also significantly sharper from 2011 to 2012... why? improved OL and the players all had more time in the same system. I mention this part because Alex will very likely be even better than what you are seeing currently. That just stands to reason, as the team around him gels more and becomes better versed in the system. Yes?

Cassell was a flash in the pan.. is there not a clear difference here?

NinerDoug 09-17-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987244)

201 yards passing in the second half.

NinerDoug 09-17-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987256)
Matt Cassell lead the Chiefs to an 18 point comeback win over the Saints last year. I'm afraid I'm going to need a little more.

I should probably run to the Vikings board and let them know what stud they have on their bench.

You are missing the point. No one is saying Alex is elite, is a stud, is Aaron Rodgers, etc.

Point: People are saying that he won't come through for you with his arm when you need it. The point about the comebacks is only that he has done it, a number of times.

BigCatDaddy 09-17-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 9987286)
You are missing the point. No one is saying Alex is elite, is a stud, is Aaron Rodgers, etc.

Point: People are saying that he won't come through for you with his arm when you need it. The point about the comebacks is only that he has done it, a number of times.

So had Matty Cassell and Jamarcus Russell. If you are in the league long enough you'll have a few comback wins.

We'll see on Thursday. Maybe he wins over a new fan if I see 350 yards passing and 3td's in a 31-28 win.

JENKINSWINS 09-17-2013 11:01 AM

100% of the time KC gets a TD in the red zone!

GO ALEX!

NinerDoug 09-17-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987299)
So had Matty Cassell and Jamarcus Russell. If you are in the league long enough you'll have a few comback wins.

We'll see on Thursday. Maybe he wins over a new fan if I see 350 yards passing and 3td's in a 31-28 win.

Everybody knows that ain't happening. But you might just get that W.

stevieray 09-17-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 9987319)
But you might just get that W.

worthless without great stats!

BigCatDaddy 09-17-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 9987319)
Everybody knows that ain't happening. But you might just get that W.

If we KNOW that ain't happening then we KNOW we don't have the right guy behind center. Eventually that HAS to happen to win a few games you otherwise wouldn't.

Halfcan 09-17-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987299)

:doh!::doh!: Nope the bandwagon is full. You painted yourself in the corner all summer and you can stay there. Calling him Alice and every other name. So put on your Eagles gear and keep rooting against him with all your minions.

We might not win on a short week-but it won't change the fact that Alex will be here for a very long time.

BigCatDaddy 09-17-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9987325)
worthless without great stats!

Good point. Tho hell those stat raking fantasy quarterbacks everyone loves like Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Manning. Worthless they are. Give me Dilfer and Grossman anyday! They are superbowl calibers QB's as well after all.

BigCatDaddy 09-17-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9987330)
:doh!::doh!: Nope the bandwagon is full. You painted yourself in the corner all summer and you can stay there. Calling him Alice and every other name. So put on your Eagles gear and keep rooting against him with all your minions.

We might not win on a short week-but it won't change the fact that Alex will be here for a very long time.

Dude, he sucks. The 9ers fan was right. That ain't happening.

Mav 09-17-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smiff (Post 9986865)
He CAN win a shootout in the playoffs. As long as he wins the turnover battle by +5.

5 turnovers and he almost lost that game.:eek:

Yeah. How about we have Kaep just win a ROAD DIVISION GAME, and not be 1-4 in division games before you flap your ****ing gums?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smiff (Post 9987185)
I just hope KC doesn't sign him to a big contract as their long time starter because people will see eventually that he is very limited. Even with all the wins, Harbaugh saw it.

Alex's bread and butter is let the defense set the tone. If they keep the games close...the Chiefs will always be in games. If the D is ordinary. Good luck. It's not a knock on the guy, it's just not who he is. Fanboys have a hard time accepting that.

Just like Kaepersexuals have a hard time coping with that ass whipping that he just took this past weekend?

Eat a gigantic aids covered dick and die.

Chiefs, 2-0

49ers 1-1, and should be 0-2 if the refs hadn't fisted the packers.......

Jakemall 09-17-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987256)

Really? You're gonna compare a one off situation with a losing record to one where the guy had made 6 comeback wins and brought his team to the NFC championship game?

That's right up there with the Tebow comparisons.

JENKINSWINS 09-17-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987326)
If we KNOW that ain't happening then we KNOW we don't have the right guy behind center. Eventually that HAS to happen to win a few games you otherwise wouldn't.

What if the score is 28 - 3 at the half and his stat line ends up like this at the end of the game because he no longer needed to pass as much because of the large lead?

24-30 215 yards 35 rush 3 TDs

Final score - 31 - 13

Is he still the wrong guy?

BigCatDaddy 09-17-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 9987346)
Really? You're gonna compare a one off situation with a losing record to one where the guy had made 6 comeback wins and brought his team to the NFC championship game?

That's right up there with the Tebow comparisons.

Alice has been in the league what 7, 8 years? Has what 10 4th quarter comebacks?

BigCatDaddy 09-17-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 9987349)
What if the score is 28 - 3 at the half and his stat line ends up like this at the end of the game because he no longer needed to pass as much because of the large lead?

24-30 215 yards 35 rush 3 TDs

Final score - 31 - 13

Is he still the wrong guy?

Then it's still up in the air. I'll need to see how he does with this Chief's team when the other team is putting points on the board.

Mav 09-17-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987352)
Alice has been in the league what 7, 8 years? Has what 10 4th quarter comebacks?

Yeah. And 6 of those came in one season under real coaching.

You know, the same kind of coaching that has the Chiefs from 2-14 to 2-0?

Are you really going to ignore the significance of coaching?

Mav 09-17-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987355)
Then it's still up in the air. I'll need to see how he does with this Chief's team when the other team is putting points on the board.

Good luck with that.

The Chiefs defense is as dominant as any in the league right now.....
Keep waiting for that to happen. Obviously, it will happen, but not to the epic proportions that some are thinking.

This is a defense that might not give up 30 points against all year.....

BigCatDaddy 09-17-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9987359)
Yeah. And 6 of those came in one season under real coaching.

You know, the same kind of coaching that has the Chiefs from 2-14 to 2-0?

Are you really going to ignore the significance of coaching?

Coaching helps and so does a dominant defense and running game that a lot of teams don't have.

NinerDoug 09-17-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987331)
Good point. Tho hell those stat raking fantasy quarterbacks everyone loves like Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Manning. Worthless they are. Give me Dilfer and Grossman anyday! They are superbowl calibers QB's as well after all.

Well, did KC turn down Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Manning this season?

Did you have a better option for 2013? He may be just a Band-Aid for a year, or two, or three, but he's not a bad Band-Aid.

JENKINSWINS 09-17-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987355)

This is what will happen if KC wins on Thursday.

BigCatDaddy

I need to see him play a better defense, Philly's D sucks!

Jakemall 09-17-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987352)

If by 8 years you want to include 2 years on injured reserve..yes. Also, the talent level of the team up until 2010ish was utter crap. I don't think Brady could have won with that group of players and coaches.

A lot of people who hate on Alex want to point to his career stats, ignoring the circumstances of those stats including his playing with a shoulder injury that eventually landed him on IR, inept coaching, change over in said coaching, lack of talent on the team and more.

While looking at history is the best way to predict the future, TREND is how you're supposed to utilize that information. Alex's trend is all arrows up.

BigCatDaddy 09-17-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 9987369)
Well, did KC turn down Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Manning this season?

Did you have a better option for 2013? He may be just a Band-Aid for a year, or two, or three, but he's not a bad Band-Aid.

For 213? I don't know. Manuel maybe, but I'm not sure if he is a fit for the system. If he is just a band aid I'm fine with that.

Sandy Vagina 09-17-2013 11:23 AM

InHarbsWeTrust .... banned! LOLz!!!!!!!

Jakemall 09-17-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9987379)
InHarbsWeTrust .... banned! LOLz!!!!!!!

Color me shocked.

BigCatDaddy 09-17-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 9987373)
If by 8 years you want to include 2 years on injured reserve..yes. Also, the talent level of the team up until 2010ish was utter crap. I don't think Brady could have won with that group of players and coaches.

A lot of people who hate on Alex want to point to his career stats, ignoring the circumstances of those stats including his playing with a shoulder injury that eventually landed him on IR, inept coaching, change over in said coaching, lack of talent on the team and more.

While looking at history is the best way to predict the future, TREND is how you're supposed to utilize that information. Alex's trend is all arrows up.

Alex's trend is all arrows pointing sideways. He is what he is and that's what I thought he would be.

I don't expect a Rich Gannon transformation or a Cassell transformation on the other hand. He's a 15-20 QB that is a stop gap QB.

Mav 09-17-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987368)
Coaching helps and so does a dominant defense and running game that a lot of teams don't have.

Its essentially the very same defense as last year save DeVito, Sean Smith, and Akeem Jordan.

And so far, your running game, has been Alex Smith.

Im not ragging you, really im not. This is not the first time that I have pointed out though how much a difference SPECIFICALLY Bob Sutton was going to have on this team.

Remember, and it wasn't your argument.

"Alex Smith cant win without San Francisco's defense, and Harbaugh. Alex Smith cant win with out a dominant running attack, and a situation where he has to be the guy."

Forget the Jax game. That's a pitiful example. But Alex Smith was every bit of the little bit of the offense that the Chiefs had against a very good defense of the Cowboys.

But, that's neither here nor there. Coaching has made all the difference in the world in the CHIEFS DEFENSE.

JENKINSWINS 09-17-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987383)
Alex's trend is all arrows pointing sideways. He is what he is and that's what I thought he would be.

I'm pretty sure you didn't think he would be 2-0 right now. With the highest redzone TD percentage in the league.

BTW the 9ers really needed some of that redzone TD action on Sunday.

Mav 09-17-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987383)

Except when hes not. Alex Smith took a crap ton of sacks even with a great offensive line. Did he not? He shit the bed when pressure came did he not?

have you seen ANY of that from him so far this year? I haven't. I have seen a guy that has eluded pressure on several occasions and used his mobility like I have never seen before to extend plays, or get first downs, and on probably his best play of the game on sunday, he used that mobility to scramble step up and hit Avery for a long 3rd and long completion for a first down.

This is what you expected?

You expected the Chiefs to be 2-0 if Alex Smith was your leading rusher after two games?

I don't see it.

BigCatDaddy 09-17-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 9987392)
I'm pretty sure you didn't think he would be 2-0 right now. With the highest redzone TD percentage in the league.

I figurered we'd be 1-1, but hey we squeeked a 1 point win out at home. I'll take it, but let's not pretend this team is something it's not.

JENKINSWINS 09-17-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9987386)
Its essentially the very same defense as last year save DeVito, Sean Smith, and Akeem Jordan.

Im not ragging you, really im not. This is not the first time that I have pointed out though how much a difference SPECIFICALLY Bob Sutton was going to have on this team.

"Alex Smith cant win without San Francisco's defense, and Harbaugh. Alex Smith cant win with out a dominant running attack, and a situation where he has to be the guy."

Forget the Jax game. That's a pitiful example. But Alex Smith was every bit of the little bit of the offense that the Chiefs had against a very good defense of the Cowboys.

But, that's neither here nor there. Coaching has made all the difference in the world in the CHIEFS DEFENSE.

:bravo:

Alex Smiff 09-17-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 9987373)

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

stevieray 09-17-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987331)

strawman

Mav 09-17-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smiff (Post 9987407)
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

You are showing just what a dumbshit you are.

have you SEEN Tom Bradys stats after two games with inferior talent around him?

52 percent completion percentage, and a 74 qbr.......

Oh, by the way. Alex Smith has more TD passes, and a higher rating than Kaep.

Hows that taste?

Alex Smiff 09-17-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 9987392)

The 2-0 start with wins against the Jags and Cowboys at home are not surprising. I actually predicted wins against both teams.

Mav 09-17-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smiff (Post 9987414)
The 2-0 start with wins against the Jags and Cowboys at home are not surprising. I actually predicted wins against both teams.

sure you did. Good call nostradumbass.

Halfcan 09-17-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987339)
Dude, he sucks. The 9ers fan was right. That ain't happening.

Yes we know you- HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Alex -we get it. He is the Worst QB to ever play the game, he sucks, he is terrible, gutless, GHEY, chickenshit, can't run, can't throw, Andy is stoopid, Clark sucks, the Chiefs are dumb, we will never win, Alex is the Worst player to ever play football in the History of the sport!!!!! :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::banghead:

You Hate Alex so just move on and find a team you like-do us all a favor and take your miserable attitude elsewhere. You can be spending your time making Alex voo doo dolls or throwing darts at his picture, sending hate letters- how about writing I HATE YOU ALEX!! One million times and mailing it to him. Whatever you do just stop posting your stoopid shit. Thanks

NinerDoug 09-17-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9987413)
You are showing just what a dumbshit you are.

have you SEEN Tom Bradys stats after two games with inferior talent around him?

52 percent completion percentage, and a 74 qbr.......

Oh, by the way. Alex Smith has more TD passes, and a higher rating than Kaep.

Hows that taste?

I always wanted Alex to succeed when he was with the Niners, and want his success of the last two years to continue with the Chiefs. Which is why I am here.

"Alex Smiff" hates Alex, and is here for one reason and one reason only: He enjoys shitting on Alex.

You gotta wonder about the mental heath of somebody like that.

JENKINSWINS 09-17-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smiff (Post 9987414)

Nice prediction!

Did you also predict that Kap would choke in Seattle AGAIN? Better hope he can play better in his division or all your hopes/predictions for the 9ers will be painful piles of crow.

Mav 09-17-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 9987431)
I always wanted Alex to succeed when he was with the Niners, and want his success of the last two years to continue with the Chiefs. Which is why I am here.

"Alex Smiff" hates Alex, and is here for one reason and one reason only: He enjoys shitting on Alex.

Remember JSKI?

This clown sounds exactly like him. He even admitted to being kicked off TWO 49ers forums because of his Alex Smith hate.

I don't usually waste time ripping apart alex smith haters to this degree, but for him, ill make an exception.

I especially don't want to hear from ALEX SMITH HATERS THIS WEEK.

Kaep single handedly got the 49ers destroyed this past weekend, and has yet to win a road divisional game.

No one is talking about that though.

Mav 09-17-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 9987438)
Nice prediction!

Did you also predict that Kap would choke in Seattle AGAIN? Better hope he can play better in his division or all your hopes/predictions for the 9ers will be painful piles of crow.

I did. There is no shame in losing in Seattle. There is a TON of shame in losing in Seattle, when your defense basically held the Seahawks in check all game, and your stud qb turns the ball over 4 TIMES.

There is NO excuse for that.

Alex Smiff 09-17-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 9987431)

I don't hate Alex. He's a good guy. I just can't stand the amount of love struck fanboys that make constant excuses for his poor play. I've been hearing them for 8 ****ing years. I'm tired of them. Everything that happens to him is someone else's fault.

You and the other people here that call themselves 9er fans dislike Kaep. You're no better than me.

Alex Smiff 09-17-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 9987438)
Nice prediction!

I did. 9ers do not match up well against Seattle. I like Kaep...but I'm not a delusional fanboy.

Mav 09-17-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smiff (Post 9987447)
I don't hate Alex. He's a good guy. I just can't stand the amount of love struck fanboys that make constant excuses for his poor play. I've been hearing them for 8 ****ing years. I'm tired of them. Everything that happens to him is someone else's fault.

Who is blaming him for anything?

Who gets the blame for that ass whipping the 49ers thanks to Kaeperpick just had up in Seattle?

Alex get the blame for that too?

Mav 09-17-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smiff (Post 9987451)
I did. 9ers do not match up well against Seattle. I like Kaep...but I'm not a delusional fanboy.

Funny. Alex Smith last year found a way to win against Seattle......

What happened?

JENKINSWINS 09-17-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

I bet you got some reasons why Kap lost the 9ers first Superbowl and struggles against division opponents. The Seahawks and the Rams have the blueprint on how to beat Keaperniff.

Let's hear it...

Lex Luthor 09-17-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

So why follow him to a Chiefs board? Why not just say "good riddance" and stick to your 49ers boards?

Just admit it. You love him. You know you do.

Mav 09-17-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9987462)
So why follow him to a Chiefs board? Why not just say "good riddance" and stick to your 49ers boards.

Admit it. You love him. You know you do.

Actually. Hes BANNED from the two most popular 49er boards.....

NinerDoug 09-17-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9987446)
I did. There is no shame in losing in Seattle. There is a TON of shame in losing in Seattle, when your defense basically held the Seahawks in check all game, and your stud qb turns the ball over 4 TIMES.

There is NO excuse for that.

It was depressing to watch. But CK7 is destined for greatness, IMO. Would hate to be the Colts this week.

JENKINSWINS 09-17-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

You're definitely something worse than a delusional fanboy if you hate the fact that Alex Smith has fans. Let it go man, go enjoy your team and let others enjoy rooting for Alex.

Oh wait, I forgot you can't enjoy your team right now. They got DESTROYED/EMBARRASSED again by a team Alex has beaten time and time again.

Jakemall 09-17-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9987457)

What happened?

With an injured hand...

l4z4rd 09-17-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Niners don't match up well against Seattle. Hmm...wonder how Smith was 3-0 against Seattle under Harbaugh.

NinerDoug 09-17-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

You and the other people here that call themselves 9er fans dislike Kaep. You're no better than me.

Um, no. I think CK7 is the QB we have been waiting for for a long time. I felt bad for Alex at the time, but I thought Harbs made the right move last season.

Nobody is "love struck" over Alex. But if you really think so, and you are really tired of it, what exactly are you doing here?

Are you a masochist?

JENKINSWINS 09-17-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 9987489)
Um, no. I think CK7 is the QB we have been waiting for for a long time. I felt bad for Alex at the time, but I thought Harbs made the right move last season.

Nobody is "love struck" over Alex. But if you really think so, and you are really tired of it, what exactly are you doing here?

Are you a masochist?

He mad bro! He's tired of being proven wrong for the last 3 years. If Alex wins the Super Bowl with the Chiefs I hope this guy seeks help because I fear for his well being.

NinerDoug 09-17-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 9987496)
He mad bro! He's tired of being proven wrong for the last 3 years. If Alex wins the Super Bowl with the Chiefs I hope this guy seeks help because I fear for his well being.

It's classic stalking behavior. If someone gets arrested for stalking Alex Smith, and "Alex Smiff" suddenly disappears, well, ............

BigCatDaddy 09-17-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9987408)
strawman

No.

ChiefsFanatic 09-17-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987368)

I know I am in the minority, but the fact that Reid has pretty much ignored the running game has me worried. We have run the ball 52 times this season and passed it 70 times this season. So, it looks like a close distribution of play calling.

But Charles only has 32 rushes, 16 each game. And Smith has 12 of the 52 rushes, and almost all of those are scrambles. Take these facts into consideration, and it is a much larger disparity.

In either game this season Reid has not made a conscious effort to establish the run early. This keeps the offensive line from getting into a rhythm and it effectively make the play-action passing game null and void, and in doing so drastically reduces the best weapon on this team from a rocket launcher to a .38 special.

I believe that if we do not make establishing the run early a priority, this team will not win very many games, because no matter how much of an improvement Alex Smith is over Casshole or Quinn, or how much he is improving himself, he is not a QB that can carry an offense with his passing ability.

And on Thursday, no matter how good our defense is, they need the offense to posses the ball for long periods of time, limiting the opportunities of the Eagle's offense.

Frosty 09-17-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9987457)

What happened?

Funny you should mention that game. I was watching it and during the first half, both teams were doing nothing. I kept thinking that it was a good thing that the 49ers were putting the game in Smith's hands and not running Gore very much.

Then, in the second half, they came out and started pounding Gore and started picking up yards. Combined with some big returns by Ginn, the 49ers pulled out the game. Smith was just a passenger that game.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/10/...cisco-the-ball

Coogs 09-17-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9987386)

Up until the last Chiefs drive Sunday, I would pretty much concur. In fact, I was beginning to think we might not be able to run the ball this year... with Charles as our RB. That was a thought that never had occurred to me this whole off-season.

That last drive to chew up the clock was a thing of beauty though, minus the couple of unnecessary clock stoppages, with the offensive line and Charles taking charge of the game. That is what I expected all along.

I suspect Albert having a visit with the offense on the sideline was the reason for the shift in the rushing game from nil to taking the game over when the Cowboys knew we were going to run it at them. If so, kudos to Albert!

I also suspect that we will continue to be able to run the ball like that last drive from that point forward.

Jakemall 09-17-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987509)
No.

So Dilfer and Grossman = Alex smith now?

Sandy Vagina 09-17-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9987514)
Funny you should mention that game. I was watching it and during the first half, both teams were doing nothing. I kept thinking that it was a good thing that the 49ers were putting the game in Smith's hands and not running Gore very much.

Then, in the second half, they came out and started pounding Gore and started picking up yards. Combined with some big returns by Ginn, the 49ers pulled out the game. Smith was just a passenger that game.

What you are failing to understand is Alex's ability in pre-snap reads. All that run yardage isn't only a product of having good RBs or OL. It is in reading the D and calling the play that will take best advantage of that particular defensive call. That... goes to the QB. That is.. a big reason why Kaep has failed against Seattle. You can't often backyard ball your way into wins against good defenses. QBs must learn to read defenses pre and post snap.

stevieray 09-17-2013 12:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987509)
No.

Jakemall 09-17-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9987525)
What you are failing to understand is Alex's ability in pre-snap reads. All that run yardage isn't only a product of having good RBs or OL. It is in reading the D and calling the play that will take best advantage of that particular defensive call. That... goes to the QB. That is.. a big reason why Kaep has failed against Seattle. You can't often backyard ball your way into wins against good defenses. QBs must learn to read defenses pre and post snap.

And again he did it with an injured throwing hand. Oh wait...that's just a figment of my imagination...or he should have thrown it left handed. Alexcuses.

Sandy Vagina 09-17-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 9987512)
I know I am in the minority, but the fact that Reid has pretty much ignored the running game has me worried. We have run the ball 52 times this season and passed it 70 times this season. So, it looks like a close distribution of play calling.

But Charles only has 32 rushes, 16 each game. And Smith has 12 of the 52 rushes, and almost all of those are scrambles. Take these facts into consideration, and it is a much larger disparity.

In either game this season Reid has not made a conscious effort to establish the run early. This keeps the offensive line from getting into a rhythm and it effectively make the play-action passing game null and void, and in doing so drastically reduces the best weapon on this team from a rocket launcher to a .38 special.

I believe that if we do not make establishing the run early a priority, this team will not win very many games, because no matter how much of an improvement Alex Smith is over Casshole or Quinn, or how much he is improving himself, he is not a QB that can carry an offense with his passing ability.

And on Thursday, no matter how good our defense is, they need the offense to posses the ball for long periods of time, limiting the opportunities of the Eagle's offense.

Also a little concerned with the run/pass ratio, but even more so concerned with the way we are running. Dallas was penetrating the backfield frequently... and we were running slow-developing counters and traps. Bad move. Where are the quick-hitters up the A gaps to neutralize the front 4 from pinning ears back?

Mav 09-17-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9987514)

Really? Alex Smith went 7/8 with a td pass in the second half. The one incompletion, being the horrific INT in the redzone where Moss was open for about 3 days.

But, what changed was they started throwing over the middle backing up the lbs, which opened up the running lanes. That's called COACHING.

To say that Alex had nothing to do with a 13-6 win, when he threw the only td of the game is a bit much I think.

But to each their own.

Alex Smiff 09-17-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l4z4rd (Post 9987488)
Niners don't match up well against Seattle. Hmm...wonder how Smith was 3-0 against Seattle under Harbaugh.

Right, cuz Seattle's the same team now. :banghead:

1 TD, 1 INT 140 yards AT HOME! against RW's Seahawks. Are you really bragging about that?

Game before that against an even worse Seahawks team
0TD,0INT 179 yards
Game before that
0TD 0INT 124 yards

Dumb fanboys.

So yea...he beat the Tavaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst led Seahawks without even needing to score a single touchdown. You guys are worse than Tebow fans.