ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2014 Royals Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279729)

gblowfish 07-22-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10759971)
I would trade Davis simply because we know that Holland can save games, don't know if Wade has the mental makeup to do that for sure. I would let some other team find out.

Agree.

I like Holland and would prefer to keep him around. Davis has some of that Hocheaver aroma about him for some reason...

Hootie 07-22-2014 11:58 AM

The way Ned uses Wade Davis is essentially as a closer as is...

He's strictly the 8th inning guy in games we're winning by 3 runs or less.

The dude has flat out filthy closer stuff. In terms of relievers with filthy, shutdown, elite closer stuff...we're talking Kimbrel, Holland, Wade Davis, Dellin Betances...the fact we have two of these guys is awesome.

Davis is cheaper. Advertise a Holland/Shields package and net a Samardzija return and I'll be happy.

Prison Bitch 07-22-2014 12:51 PM

Again, there's nothing for DM to analyze. His offense is a blood-splattered late term abortion. He's had all last year to watch them suck + 100 games this year. They are what they are, and it will not change. Expecting to get "hot" may work....for a short while. The reality always hits because math always wins out.

GloryDayz 07-22-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 10759795)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Moore says the team does not plan to be deadline sellers. “We’re going to keep pushing until the standings say that we’re done.”</p>&mdash; Andy McCullough (@McCulloughStar) <a href="https://twitter.com/McCulloughStar/statuses/491616589926514688">July 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LOL, General Custer's great, great, great grandkid I suppose!

Trust me Moore, your team's inability to hit anything but AA pitching is all you need to know! You have the most unclutch, slowest, and bull-headed DH ever, and THAT'S his only job!

Yeah, you're toast unless MLB makes them throw those neon-colored softballs (with bright red laces) to your team!

Moore, YOU'RE A ****ER! YOU'RE USELESS, AND YOU SUCK AT WHAT YOU DO! YOU'RE LIKE THE BILLY "FATTY" BUTLER OF GMs...

duncan_idaho 07-22-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10760064)
Again, there's nothing for DM to analyze. His offense is a blood-splattered late term abortion. He's had all last year to watch them suck + 100 games this year. They are what they are, and it will not change. Expecting to get "hot" may work....for a short while. The reality always hits because math always wins out.

Season turned on two key points:

1) Eric Hosmer being the player he was from June 1 on (.318/.367/.494, 23 HR, 35 2B)

2) Billy Butler's down 2013 season being an aberration.

There were reasonable reasons to be optimistic about both. I chose to be optimistic about them. But neither has played close to expectations.

If those two are both .850 OPS players, with the way the rest of the team has performed, it's a better than league average offense.

If those two are even .750 OPS players, it's about league average.

Prison Bitch 07-22-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10293982)
So what grade do you give Dayton Moore for this offseason?

I like what he's done A LOT. We've upgraded at second base and in right field with players whose strengths are a good fit with the strengths of this team. Aoki looks like an excellent defensive right fielder with speed who can hit for average, and the upgrade to Infante at second base is sensational.

I'm lukewarm about what he's done regarding the pitching staff, primarily because he hasn't done anything about extending James Shields. I'm starting to think that he may deliberately let Shields walk after next season if any of the top 3 upside candidates (Ventura, Duffy or Zimmer) looks like a potential ace for 2015.

I'm practically giddy about the trade for Danny Valencia, simply because he's sending a message to Moose that it's time for him to shit or get off the pot. If Moose doesn't tear it up in spring training, he should start the season in Omaha. Valencia would be a more than adequate replacement, and he could very well be an improvement. I think we got pretty good value for our 6th outfielder, and by the way, I liked David Lough a lot. I just think we probably saw his ceiling in 2013.

As of right now, I would give Dayton Moore a grade between A- and B+. If he were to sign James Shields to a contract extension, I'd change that to an A.

Yowza

Bufkin 07-22-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 10759817)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Moore: &quot;I’m accountable for this . . . I don’t blame the players. I don’t blame coaches. I don’t blame managers. I don’t blame ownership.&quot;</p>&mdash; Andy McCullough (@McCulloughStar) <a href="https://twitter.com/McCulloughStar/statuses/491618396098658304">July 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And to make this season worse, we're now getting deadline information from Rachel Maddow.

teedubya 07-22-2014 01:32 PM

Chiefs season starts today!! I got this in the mail!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtKuUakCMAAOgHA.jpg

C3HIEF3S 07-22-2014 02:08 PM

I'll be there tonight.

Pray for me.

C3HIEF3S 07-22-2014 02:10 PM

And by pray for me I mean so that I am not emotionally beaten from the Royals or physically beaten by scumbag White Sux fans.

Lex Luthor 07-22-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10760131)
Yowza

Dude, that post was written in December. It's easy to look back and mock it in July.

To be honest, as I was reading it, I thought "Who is this Doofus who loves that ****ing Dayton Moore so much?". I was appalled to see that I was the one who wrote it.

I obviously feel different today.

TLO 07-22-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 10760247)
And by pray for me I mean so that I am not emotionally beaten from the Royals or physically beaten by scumbag White Sux fans.

Have fun man.

Hopefully Chen pitches well and we can score a few runs tonight.

C3HIEF3S 07-22-2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10760366)
Have fun man.

Hopefully Chen pitches well and we can score a few runs tonight.

Don't worry Raul Ibanez himself is going to save us :D

But thanks man

lewdog 07-22-2014 03:24 PM

ROBIN gets the game thread tonight so everyone back off!!!

KCUnited 07-22-2014 03:32 PM

No Cain, Perez, or Hosmer tonight. Enjoy the game.