ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2009 Kansas City Royals Repository. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207150)

DeezNutz 06-22-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 5855770)
Don't forget putting a .218 hitter in the #2 hole (Hernandez on Saturday).

LMAO

DeezNutz 06-22-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5855755)
Doesn't gil have a no-trade clause? or am i wrong? I really hope they listen, i wonder if they Angels would part with any of their guys that they'd rather block, like brandon wood etc...

Yes, he does. Honestly, who wouldn't volunteer to get out of this organization, though?

ChiTown 06-22-2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

I thought it was a brilliant move. By brilliant, I mean one step closer to having his ass on the way out the door.

Dartgod 06-22-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 5855799)
I thought it was a brilliant move. By brilliant, I mean one step closer to having his ass on the way out the door.

I honestly haven't been paying much attention lately, but I was shocked when I got to the park and saw the lineup. Was that something new, or has Hillman been playing him in that spot? It's complete dumbassery either way.

DeezNutz 06-22-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 5855809)
I honestly haven't been paying much attention lately, but I was shocked when I got to the park and saw the lineup. Was that something new, or has Hillman been playing him in that spot? It's complete dumbassery either way.

I thought you were making fun of pete, who used to clamor for Hernandez to be in the lineup.

tomahawk kid 06-22-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

I was at the game on Saturday and seriously considered leaving when they announced Hernandez hitting in the 2 hole.

Freaking embarassing.

DeezNutz 06-22-2009 01:40 PM

Why wouldn't you want to put a .218 hitter, who has NEVER done anything at the ML level, in a position to get a lot of ABs? /Trey Edwards/

ChiTown 06-22-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5855822)
Why wouldn't you want to put a .218 hitter, who has NEVER done anything at the ML level, in a position to get a lot of ABs? /Trey Edwards/

ROFL
Trey Edwards, I like it.....

Sure-Oz 06-22-2009 02:32 PM

I would love for trey to start hernandez batting cleanup...he's scrappy!

petegz28 06-22-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5855822)

Well, he was in for Bloomy and Bloomy bats #2 /Trey Edwards

The fact of the matter is that Guillen, like him or not, belongs in the #4 spot (on this team) with Teahen or AC #5 putting Jacobs down to #7.

Reerun_KC 06-22-2009 03:31 PM

Gotta love these guys...

Demonpenz 06-22-2009 03:43 PM

Whew we will sacrifice some of that monster power jacobs to put the ball in play.

petegz28 06-22-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 5856109)
Whew we will sacrifice some of that monster power jacobs to put the ball in play.

Now, now...we all know Trey is aggresive.

gblowfish 06-22-2009 04:04 PM

If you want to read some unbelievable BS, check out this piece of crap story on the KC Royals Website today:

KANSAS CITY -- The story begins with two Minor League baseball players sitting in an airport in New Orleans in June 2004.

John Buck was a Triple-A catcher in the Houston organization who had just been included in a trade for an outfielder from Kansas City named Carlos Beltran.

The other was a Triple-A outfielder with the Omaha Royals named David DeJesus. He had just been called up to replace Beltran.

Buck and DeJesus had sat in the airport and talked. They were heading to the Majors, and they had no idea what was coming.

"We were sitting there together, not sure if we were gonna play." DeJesus said.

The Kansas City Royals will play the Houston Astros on Wednesday, a day that marks the five-year anniversary of the trade that sent franchise cornerstone Carlos Beltran to Houston in exchange for Buck and Oakland Minor Leaguers Mark Teahen and Mike Wood.

The trade signaled the end of one Royals rebuilding phase and the beginning of a new one.

Five years later, Beltran is in New York, starting in center field for the Mets. Wood is no longer with the organization.

There isn't much left around here from the summer of 2004. The Royals have a new general manager, a new manager and a newly renovated stadium.

Starting pitcher Zack Greinke, who made his debut in 2004 at age 20, is the only pitcher left.

But Buck, Teahen and DeJesus are still here -- trying to turn the tide after years of baseball misfortune in Kansas City. The Royals went 58-104 in 2004 and then followed it up with a 106-loss season in 2005 and 100 losses in 2006.

There's a feeling around the clubhouse that those nightmare seasons from a few years ago are over, that the Royals are headed in the right direction.

"Seeing where the team is now, compared to where it was when I got here, it's leaps and bounds better," Buck said.

But then there's the fact that the Royals' promising 18-11 start in 2009 has evaporated into a 29-39 record. The Royals, who have been ravaged by injuries and inconsistency, have gone 11-28 in their last 39 games.

"Obviously, it needs to continue to get better," Buck said.

Buck can tell you exactly where he was when he heard the news. He was in New Orleans, playing for Houston's Triple-A affiliate against the Omaha Royals.

In a blur, Buck was packing his things and heading to the airport. His destination: Kansas City.

Buck saw DeJesus at the airport. They didn't know each other well, but they had played against each other for years in the Minors.

"I didn't realize I'd end up being real good friends with him," Buck said. "I just kind of remember being numb to the whole situation."

Teahen was playing for Triple-A Sacramento in the Athletics' organization when he heard the news.

Teahen would finish out the year with Triple-A Omaha, and make the Royals' Opening Day roster in 2005.

"It was a time of transition and a couple of bad years to start there," Teahen said. "I kind of got thrown into the fire. I kind of had to learn on the fly."

Teahen played in 130 games in 2005. Buck played 118 and DeJesus played in 122.

But they were surrounded by veterans as the Royals tried to piece together a lineup.

"The first couple years, it was like, 'Let's just try to get through the season and learn something along the way,' '' Buck said. "It's changed for the better, but obviously we need to keep getting better."

Buck buzzed about the Royals clubhouse on Sunday before the Royals game against the Cardinals. He's trying to come back after a trip to the disabled list for back spasms.

Mike Jacobs sat at his locker a few feet away. Coco Crisp's locker is in the corner next to Buck's. Billy Butler and Willie Bloomquist played cards at a table a few feet away.

None of these faces were here when Buck showed up in 2004. And for him, that's reason to hope.

"We definitely feel we have the team. We've just been underachieving and not doing things right," Buck said. "Where we were, as far as a pitching staff and a team, you can't argue that we're not better."

Teahen agrees with Buck. There's talent on this team, he says.

"Hopefully, the organization is kind of stabilizing, and there will be more guys here for extended periods of time," Teahen said.

It's been five years since Buck sat in that airport in New Orleans with DeJesus. Five years since the deal changed the lives of Buck, Teahen and DeJesus.

They're still searching for the right combination in Kansas City, and right now, there are no easy answers. But Buck has hope that the organization that wanted him in 2004 is finally headed in the right direction.

"If you're not looking forward in a positive way," Buck said. "In my mind you're defeated."

Buck doesn't even start.
Teahen can't find a permanent position. He's at third because Gordon is hurt. Gordon comes back, where do you put him?
This is what we got for Beltran, and this pissed me off.

DeJesus sucks on offense. Can't steal bases, Royals have traded for both Gathright and Crisp to replace him in Center.

Talk about Baghdad Bob Quality Spin Meistering!

DeezNutz 06-22-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 5856155)
The trade signaled the end of one Royals rebuilding phase and the beginning of a new one.

ROFL

ROYals BASEball...

No one could write that with a straight face.