ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2010 Kansas Football Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=225546)

kcchiefsus 10-26-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7120490)
Dylan Admire decommitted from Nebraska and signed on with KU.

Darrian Miller chose KU over Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.

Damon Martin chose KU over Arizona and Utah, etc...

Is KU beating guys out over Texas and Oklahoma? No.

But they are making some good pickups with local guys and that's where it begins. TG is not going the route of picking up the leftovers from Texas like Mangino did.

I don't know if this strategy is going to get KU to winning 3 bowls in 4 years including a BCS bowl but that's not my job, it's the head coach's.

I wouldn't worry what a KSU fan says though. Snyder is back to relying on JuCo's to win and it's unproven that that can work these days when all the other schools are trying as hard as they are (MU, KU, ISU, etc...)

Iowa pulled Miller's offer, about a week after he visited. Supposedly some of the Iowa players convinced the coaching staff to pull his offer after sharing their feelings about him. They said their were some sort of personality conflicts. Oh, and then there is the fact that the home state school didn't even offer him.

Not sure I would brag about him choosing KU.

kcchiefsus 10-26-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7120764)
It's ****ing college football dude. Everything is shady.

You just had a player arrested for raping another student. I don't think you want to travel down the "MU doesn't recruit those types of players" route.

The kid is the second ranked player in the state (MO). Maybe he just wanted to get out of town, who knows? Just posting something that is a big boost for Turner Gill who seems to not have a friend in the world right now...

Just wanted to get out of town? Since when was it his choice? He had no offer from Missouri. He went to Missouri's camp in Kansas City, the team had a first hand look at him, and they still didn't offer.

He was suspended for one game previously this season, and Iowa pulled his offer due to character concerns.

He's obviously not the 2nd ranked player in the state according to coaching staffs around the nation, or he would have more offers.

ArrowheadHawk 11-06-2010 03:36 PM

Wow. I left that game at halftime. KU was down 28 and came back to win. Wow.

chiefsfan987 11-06-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 7149992)
Wow. I left that game at halftime. KU was down 28 and came back to win. Wow.

I almost gave up on it, but listened to it online from start to finish. Glad I didn't give up :clap:

chiefsfan987 11-06-2010 03:39 PM

I do have to say though, its too bad they finally get a win and there wasn't a game thread.

Thig Lyfe 11-06-2010 03:44 PM

What

Pants 11-06-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 7150019)
What

the **** was that? 52-45 with 35 points scored in the 4th quarter by KU. Jesus, that must have been crazy.

Saulbadguy 11-06-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 7150004)
I do have to say though, its too bad they finally get a win and there wasn't a game thread.

And no one in the stands to tear down the goal posts...

ArrowheadHawk 11-06-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7150058)
And no one in the stands to tear down the goal posts...

:D

Bearcat 11-06-2010 04:10 PM

Holy shit, what happened? LMAO

I noticed the halftime score on the bottom line.... well, it's nice they got their shit together, even if it was for a single quarter. I have no hope they will compete in the final 3 games of the season, but maybe they'll feel good enough about themselves to not get completely embarrassed on Lincoln next week. :shrug:

Chiefspants 11-06-2010 04:11 PM

Rofl, It was my dad's first KU game, and I believe he got to witness the entire thing.

Al Bundy 11-06-2010 04:15 PM

Dan Hawkins goes to the Pac-10 losing to one of the 10 worst FBS teams. Colorado is awful, good comeback win for KU though.

ArrowheadHawk 11-06-2010 04:15 PM

I really wish I didn't leave at halftime. I watched 4 quarters of the KState game and 3 quarters of the A&M game. At halftime of this one I couldn't take anymore. Of course they would come back and win. FML.

Al Bundy 11-06-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 7150112)
I really wish I didn't leave at halftime. I watched 4 quarters of the KState game and 3 quarters of the A&M game. At halftime of this one I couldn't take anymore. Of course they would come back and win. FML.

Thats why you never leave, your team was playing who I think is the worst coach in FBS.

WilliamTheIrish 11-06-2010 04:35 PM

Way to go boys. And you too Whack-edOne. Kick that Pac-10 trash to the curb.

Ya know, like a bottom biotch.