ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Thoughts on Preseason Game #2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262553)

Black Bob 08-23-2012 05:12 PM

Boss, it was a terrible ****ing pass and it was a terrible idea to throw it there.

Stanzi is not very good and that's the bottom line. I am Georgia fan. Leonard Pope was awesome at UGA but has not been very good in the pros. I know how you feel but you have to be realistic. It's the same thing with Boss starting over Mo.

BossChief 08-23-2012 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is that same still, but zoomed out a little further to show the distance between the play and the linebacker.

Saying that the linebacker read the eyes of Stanzi, who was starring down the slant the whole time is simply not true.

Rocky McIntosh would have been right on the ball if that were the case.

Black Bob 08-23-2012 05:15 PM

It was a terrbile pass. He couldn't lead him because MacIntosh was there. Generally, on a slant route you want to lead the WR a little. Instead, he tried to throw it a little behind him and that is a dumb thing to do on a slant route. He didn't look anywhere else. He didn't throw it away. He shit the bed.

Black Bob 08-23-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8845351)
Here is that same still, but zoomed out a little further to show the distance between the play and the linebacker.

Saying that the linebacker read the eyes of Stanzi, who was starring down the slant the whole time is simply not true.

Rocky McIntosh would have been right on the ball if that were the case.

**** a bunch of stills. Lets see the play. Rocky Mac is a veteran LBer and he baited Stanzi's ass. Stanzi threw it right where he wanted him to. Stanzi was lucky it wasn't a pick 6. If he had thrown it where he was supposed to, it would have gone for a TD. He should never have thrown the ball. That's the point.

jd1020 08-23-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8845357)
It was a terrbile pass. He couldn't lead him because MacIntosh was there. Generally, on a slant route you want to lead the WR a little. Instead, he tried to throw it a little behind him and that is a dumb thing to do on a slant route. He didn't look anywhere else. He didn't throw it away. He shit the bed.

:spock:

He did a piss poor job of trying to throw it behind him. Since it was in front of him.

BossChief 08-23-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8845344)
To be fair, he escaped that, turned all the way around, and then just dropped the ball.

That can't happen, facemask or no.

And I have criticized him to no end for that...but the fact remains that if the refs made the proper call on the play, the fumble gets erased completely and Stanzi leads the offense to points on the drive...unless he fails to convert a 1st and 10 from inside the 20 yard line into points.

Fluke pick

Uncalled facemask on the quarterback.

Getting his fullback rag doll thrown right into him during his throwing motion.

Those are the three plays Stanzi is getting crucified for.

I agree with Phobia...I doubt the coaching staff is holding Stanzi fully accountable for any of those plays.

Black Bob 08-23-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8845362)
And I have criticized him to no end for that...but the fact remains that if the refs made the proper call on the play, the fumble gets erased completely and Stanzi leads the offense to points on the drive...unless he fails to convert a 1st and 10 from inside the 20 yard line into points.

Fluke pick

I agree with Phobia...I doubt the coaching staff is holding Stanzi fully accountable for any of those plays.

Excuses excuses. If that's Cassel, you are killing him. This will be his 7th preseason game. When will they hold him accountable?

jd1020 08-23-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Stanzi fumbled the ball. There is no one else to blame but him. You can't point to the refs for not calling a penalty.

And the play where his FB was thrown into him "during his throwing motion" was after he stopped his motion and tucked the ball. The ball should have been gone.

Black Bob 08-23-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8845360)
:spock:

He did a piss poor job of trying to throw it behind him. Since it was in front of him.

Yep. Like I said, he never should have thrown it. :clap:

The Franchise 08-23-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8845367)
Yep. Like I said, he never should have thrown it. :clap:

He's making fun of you....dipshit.

Black Bob 08-23-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8845375)
He's making fun of you....dipshit.

I know. That's why the clapper. Say something meaningful sucker puncher.

The Franchise 08-23-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8845377)

Meaningful?

How about this for meaningful?

You are now the dumbest mother****er on this board......and that's saying a lot.

bevischief 08-23-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8845377)

Watch out with those 2...

BossChief 08-23-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8845366)
Stanzi fumbled the ball. There is no one else to blame but him. You can't point to the refs for not calling a penalty.

And the play where his FB was thrown into him "during his throwing motion" was after he stopped his motion and tucked the ball. The ball should have been gone.

Show me where I defended Stanzi for one second about the fumble.

Ill be waiting right here.

In fact, I can probably quote at least 5 of my own posts showing my disgust for him not protecting the football in that situation.

I even said, "if he doesnt protect the ball in situations like that, he shouldnt be allowed to play"

FFS, some of you dumbshits need to pay attention.

Its completely fair to slam Stanzi for the fumble at the same time as saying the play should have been nullified for a facemask penalty.

As far as the fullback thing...the first part of the fullbacks body to come into contact with Stanzis was his legs going right into Stanzis while he was still in his throwing motion.

Watch the whole play without it being cut into a gif and you will see the defender in position to pick the pass if it isnt zipped in there and floats even a little...which is exactly what happens when you throw without your legs.

Also consider the part of the field they are in....inside their own 20 yard line...if that ball is picked, its for 6.

It was a heads up play to take the sack and live to fight another day.

Simple as that.

Frankie 08-23-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Fluke pick

I agree. I think 'potentially' Stanzi is the best QB we have. I say this based on his mechanics and his history of putting bad plays out of his mind in a game.

Will he be our long term starter? I don't know. The odds are high against it. But I'm not ready to discard him like a lot of posters do. I have seen how players like Tamba Hali, Trent Green, Jared Allen, etc. were going to disappear in short order if left to the fans and CP posters.