ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Official 2015 STL Cardinals Thread II*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293412)

O.city 07-30-2015 09:04 PM

With 1 out now, I don't know that I keep 5 infielders in there

ChiefsCountry 07-30-2015 09:06 PM

That looked like a ball.

Marcellus 07-30-2015 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 11628739)
I guess but it takes the walk away when your pitcher cant throw strikes.

Like I said, you take away the walk with the intentional walk.

bdj23 07-30-2015 09:09 PM

lolololol

Did axford purposely throw that game?

DJ's left nut 07-30-2015 09:09 PM

You da man, Greg Garcia.

Pete Kozma would've K'd.

I still can't figure out the organizational blind spot for Garcia. That guy has always taken quality ABs, always played sound D. He's a steady, dependable ballplayer that just gets his job done every time he's up here but he just keeps getting sent down.

And I think we can go ahead and leave Marp at leadoff. It was a noble experiment but he's clearly more comfortable leading off.

ChiefsCountry 07-30-2015 09:10 PM

Your guy's voodoo magic shit works. Crazy. Played like mental morons and pulled one out.

Marcellus 07-30-2015 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 11628752)
And I think we can go ahead and leave Marp at leadoff. It was a noble experiment but he's clearly more comfortable leading off.

Carp 1 and Wong #2. Heyward at 3 while Holiday is out.

DJ's left nut 07-30-2015 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 11628753)
Your guy's voodoo magic shit works. Crazy. Played like mental morons and pulled one out.

Just couldn't out-Axford Axford.

He pretty much single-handedly lost that game for the Rox.

I gotta figure he is not closing for the Rockies tomorrow should the need arise.

O.city 07-30-2015 09:16 PM

I'd actually hit grichuk 3rd, Wong 2nd, peralta 4th and Heyward 5th.

If Moss would not be a black hole at first and hit a little for power, I really like the lineup we rolled out tonight.

Piscotty in LF is pretty cool. He kinda profiles for me as an Allen Craig type hitter. I like him.

DJ's left nut 07-30-2015 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11628765)
I'd actually hit grichuk 3rd, Wong 2nd, peralta 4th and Heyward 5th.

If Moss would not be a black hole at first and hit a little for power, I really like the lineup we rolled out tonight.

Piscotty in LF is pretty cool. He kinda profiles for me as an Allen Craig type hitter. I like him.

In a perfect world, Grichuk is your 6 hitter. Great power to clean up the bases behind your better OBP bats. Enough protection behind him that pitchers can't just throw him junk all day but far enough down in the order that his lousy OBP skills won't hurt you as badly.

I'd stick Heyward at 3 and sink or swim with him there. This team will not win a championship if he doesn't become a run producer. There's no sense in playing the slice with him, so to speak.

1) Carpenter
2) Wong
3) Heyward
4) Peralta
5) Piscotty (the dude is a hitter)
6) Grichuk
7) Moss
8) Molina

I just think you need an experienced hitter with good plate coverage in the 8 hole in the NL. Pitchers pitch that spot so carefully that if you put someone like Moss there, they'll just throw him trash until he gets himself out.

Actually, after looking at that line, I don't like going LLL to start it. I could talk myself into putting Heyward at 4 and Peralta at 3. I just do not like Grichuk in the 3 hole at all with that BB rate.

O.city 07-30-2015 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 11628769)
In a perfect world, Grichuk is your 6 hitter. Great power to clean up the bases behind your better OBP bats. Enough protection behind him that pitchers can't just throw him junk all day but far enough down in the order that his lousy OBP skills won't hurt you as badly.

I'd stick Heyward at 3 and sink or swim with him there. This team will not win a championship if he doesn't become a run producer. There's no sense in playing the slice with him, so to speak.

1) Carpenter
2) Wong
3) Heyward
4) Peralta
5) Piscotty (the dude is a hitter)
6) Grichuk
7) Moss
8) Molina

I just think you need an experienced hitter with good plate coverage in the 8 hole in the NL. Pitchers pitch that spot so carefully that if you put someone like Moss there, they'll just throw him trash until he gets himself out.

Actually, after looking at that line, I don't like going LLL to start it. I could talk myself into putting Heyward at 4 and Peralta at 3. I just do not like Grichuk in the 3 hole at all with that BB rate.

I'd switch Wong and Grichuk if that's the case. I think you've gotta give grichuk the best chance to win you can, be it putting him in a place they can't throw trash at him.

I'm sure it's small sample size confirmation bias but he seems to be taking more balls of late.

I don't really like yadi hitting 8th in the instance that he gets on 8n front of the pitcher and is bunt ed to 2nd (our manager is bunting) with his speed.

DJ's left nut 07-30-2015 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11628776)
I'd switch Wong and Grichuk if that's the case. I think you've gotta give grichuk the best chance to win you can, be it putting him in a place they can't throw trash at him.

I'm sure it's small sample size confirmation bias but he seems to be taking more balls of late.

I don't really like yadi hitting 8th in the instance that he gets on 8n front of the pitcher and is bunt ed to 2nd (our manager is bunting) with his speed.

Yeah but worst case scenario is your pitcher bunts and fails - oh well, you've gotten through the pitcher's spot. It's not ideal, no, but it's not the end of the world.

I just can't talk myself into Grichuk in the top 5 hitters. The guy's OBP is just way too bad to have him setting up the RBI guys. I recognize that the power is insane but he just has WAY too many ABs where he looks completely overmatched up there.

Eh, give it a week - he'll have Moss batting cleanup soon enough because 'he's a veteran that knows the ropes'.

ChiefsCountry 07-30-2015 09:40 PM

If you plug the numbers in, the lineup should be....
Carpenter
Grichuk
Wong
Peralta
Heyward
Molina
Piscotty
Moss
Pitcher

O.city 07-30-2015 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 11628785)
Yeah but worst case scenario is your pitcher bunts and fails - oh well, you've gotten through the pitcher's spot. It's not ideal, no, but it's not the end of the world.

I just can't talk myself into Grichuk in the top 5 hitters. The guy's OBP is just way too bad to have him setting up the RBI guys. I recognize that the power is insane but he just has WAY too many ABs where he looks completely overmatched up there.

Eh, give it a week - he'll have Moss batting cleanup soon enough because 'he's a veteran that knows the ropes'.

I keep thinking that, but grichuk keeps mashing. I dunno what his OBP or BB rate is, but for what he's capable of doing, he doesn't have to raise it by much to be effective.

BigRedChief 07-31-2015 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11628663)
And I'm turning this shit bird off for the night

It was a very weird game. So many face palms were done by both teams.Weirdest game I've watched in a while.
  • Siegriest needs to learn how to throw to a base.
  • Is Heyward the worst base runner in MLB? WTF? Oquendo is standing right in front of you with both hands up yelling at you to stop. You blow by but then stop in no mans land like a deer in the headlights. You realize your in trouble but still just stand there.:facepalm:X100
  • Martinez lost his cool for the first time this year. Even Yadi couldn't get him calmed down. Then he flashes a finger? Does that get him suspended? If I was Wong I'd be pissed at Carlos.