ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2011-2012 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243389)

Imon Yourside 03-24-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 8489990)
I'll start the Gamethread. I am 3-0 in gamethreads all time.

Make it so...

Bearcat 03-24-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 8489990)
I'll start the Gamethread. I am 3-0 in gamethreads all time.

Not for another hour and 24 minutes and with 4 stars on each side and correct grammar and capitalization and don't **** it up because I don't care who's wearing their lucky socks or their lucky shirt or lucky jersey THIS is what matters goddamnit!!!!!!

teedubya 03-24-2012 09:42 PM

#1 North Carolina vs #2 Kansas... I love this shit. Roy and Bill will never play each other except during the NCAA tournament. It's a shame.

I'd love to play them home-away once a decade or so.

Shogun 03-24-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8490007)
Not for another hour and 24 minutes and with 4 stars on each side and correct grammar and capitalization and don't **** it up because I don't care who's wearing their lucky socks or their lucky shirt or lucky jersey THIS is what matters goddamnit!!!!!!

I will not screw this up

Bearcat 03-24-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 8490035)
I will not screw this up

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SmHeP9Sve48" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SnakeXJones 03-24-2012 10:07 PM

****ing sucks I am gonna be working when the game is on but gonna be religiously checking the game on my phone

BWillie 03-24-2012 10:10 PM

Marshall won't play. He would be dumb to even consider it.

Buehler445 03-24-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ari Chi3fs (Post 8490021)
#1 North Carolina vs #2 Kansas... I love this shit. Roy and Bill will never play each other except during the NCAA tournament. It's a shame.

I'd love to play them home-away once a decade or so.

I can't remember. Are they part of the champions classic?

KC_Connection 03-24-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 (Post 8489909)
UK would definitely give OSU trouble. Their PF/C Anthony Davis is a helluva defender and has the size inside that gives Sullinger trouble. Anybody who is over 6'11 and is lanky, can defend Sullinger, he has no vertical leaping ability. It's too bad that OSU didn't get to play Kansas at full strength earlier this year, will be fun to see. I expect them to take care of NC. Good Luck.

I think Davis would be able to neutralize Sullinger. The problem becomes how to stop Deshaun Thomas at that point.

KC_Connection 03-24-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8490137)
I can't remember. Are they part of the champions classic?

No. UK, Duke, MSU.

I wonder if Roy was invited and passed it up.

Pants 03-25-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8490171)
No. UK, Duke, MSU.

I wonder if Roy was invited and passed it up.

You know he was.

Reerun_KC 03-25-2012 07:25 AM

Should be KU. UK. Duke and UNC

Mr. Plow 03-25-2012 08:40 AM

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...it-wont-happen

Bill Self favors KU-UNC series, but Roy Williams says it won't happen

ST. LOUIS – Kansas and North Carolina – or North Carolina and Kansas if you prefer – are two of the winningest programs in college basketball history.

Sunday's NCAA Midwest Regional final between the schools will only be the 10th meeting between the storied programs. But don't expect a regular season series between the teams beginning, at least as long as Roy Williams is North Carolina's coach.

"It's too emotional for me," said Williams, who coached at Kansas for 15 seasons from 1988-2003. "That's the bottom line. ... When somebody says Allen Fieldhouse to me, that's exactly what I think about, is all those positive thoughts, and I don't want to go in there as the coach of the opposing team."

While Williams is against a regular season series with KU, Jayhawks coach Bill Self favors starting a series with the Tar Heels.

"I think it would be a great game for us,” said Self, who replaced Williams in 2003. "To me it's, you know, the hardest games to play are sometimes where the other team you're playing has extra incentive for whatever reason and you don't have that extra incentive. I think those are hard games.

"I certainly think that it would be a great, great series. Kentucky and North Carolina play."

North Carolina leads the series with Kansas 6-3. The teams have split their four NCAA tournament meetings. Kansas won the last meeting with UNC in the 2008 Final Four in San Antonio 84-66 on its way to the 2008 national title.

Self also joked that there's another reason to begin a series with UNC.

"Certainly neither place has a hard time selling out, but we could certainly raise the price of season tickets a couple bucks," he said.

sedated 03-25-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 8489550)
It only double posts with you click submit twice. Just let it process the post instead of being impatient.

not true

ArrowheadHawk 03-25-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8490505)
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...it-wont-happen

Bill Self favors KU-UNC series, but Roy Williams says it won't happen

ST. LOUIS – Kansas and North Carolina – or North Carolina and Kansas if you prefer – are two of the winningest programs in college basketball history.

Sunday's NCAA Midwest Regional final between the schools will only be the 10th meeting between the storied programs. But don't expect a regular season series between the teams beginning, at least as long as Roy Williams is North Carolina's coach.

"It's too emotional for me," said Williams, who coached at Kansas for 15 seasons from 1988-2003. "That's the bottom line. ... When somebody says Allen Fieldhouse to me, that's exactly what I think about, is all those positive thoughts, and I don't want to go in there as the coach of the opposing team."

While Williams is against a regular season series with KU, Jayhawks coach Bill Self favors starting a series with the Tar Heels.

"I think it would be a great game for us,” said Self, who replaced Williams in 2003. "To me it's, you know, the hardest games to play are sometimes where the other team you're playing has extra incentive for whatever reason and you don't have that extra incentive. I think those are hard games.

"I certainly think that it would be a great, great series. Kentucky and North Carolina play."

North Carolina leads the series with Kansas 6-3. The teams have split their four NCAA tournament meetings. Kansas won the last meeting with UNC in the 2008 Final Four in San Antonio 84-66 on its way to the 2008 national title.

Self also joked that there's another reason to begin a series with UNC.

"Certainly neither place has a hard time selling out, but we could certainly raise the price of season tickets a couple bucks," he said.

Poor Roy.