ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

JF08 10-28-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10134135)
Some of them will back down if a play-off game is won. Part of the problem is that so many coaches before have made similiar moves and it RARELY works out. So this group for the most part is once bitten twice shy. They're enjoying the wins...but they can't let themselves believe and take the chance they'll come away broken hearted.

I know this is EXACTLY what is happening. They are afraid to actually buy in and cheer for him, because if he loses, then they will be broken hearted again. That's some b*tch sh*t. That is the exact OPPOSITE of what a true fan is.

Jakemall 10-28-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10134141)
they call those people cowards where I am from... ;)

You get punched in the face enough times, you start to flinch when the hand just moves.

JF08 10-28-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10134153)
You get punched in the face enough times, you start to flinch when the hand just moves.

Ah good point. So they are like battered women? I'm starting to feel bad...

Sandy Vagina 10-28-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JF08 (Post 10134143)
A horrid QB? Lol come on. Only an idiot would say he's been THAT bad. I'd rank him somewhere 15-20. C+/B- type grade so far. He played far better in SF the past two seasons and I expect as he gets used to the players and system around him, he will improve (as he has every year since he's been in the league).

The difference between "fans" of Alex is we are realistic. We understand the process and time that it takes to build a great QB/offense/team. We see the potential in Alex, the good play, but can also criticize him. He's missed some easy throws that have me scratching my head, it's infuriating. But I put it in perspective - all QB's miss throws and he will improve.

You haters simply say "he sucks." Your arguments are 100% emotion based, like that of a female. Don't we get enough emotional arguments from our women? I thought a football MB was for MEN to analytically discuss their team? If I wanted an emotional argument about football I'd talk to my wife.

Very good post. You won't make a dent in the stupid.. but your efforts are commendable. :D

Jakemall 10-28-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10134147)
It's a start.

Which is a start? The superbowl? LOL. :hmmm:

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-28-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10134163)
Which is a start? The superbowl? LOL. :hmmm:

If you're going to "win now", you better win it all. NOW.

duncan_idaho 10-28-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Some of them will back down if a play-off game is won. Part of the problem is that so many coaches before have made similiar moves and it RARELY works out. So this group for the most part is once bitten twice shy. They're enjoying the wins...but they can't let themselves believe and take the chance they'll come away broken hearted.

Once? :cuss:

I will back down when Alex Smith consistently plays like the QB Andy Reid seems to think he can be. He has shown a few flashes, but hasn't done it for an entire game yet. Need to see that for a few games in a row before I will believe it's more than just a hope/dream/wish.

ChiefsCountry 10-28-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JF08 (Post 10134102)
But their reason for the negativity about the trade was that he could not win games, was not a good QB, etc. The team is 8-0, now they're saying he "can't win the Super Bowl." Does the bar just keep getting moved up? If he wins the Super Bowl, will they complain that he won't make the Hall of Fame?

What happened to just enjoying success, cheering for the team, and especially being happy that the franchise has been completely transformed in ONE off-season?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JF08 (Post 10134125)
When will it be "good enough?" When you have a QB who lights it up statistically but you lose games (like Romo, Geno Smith, etc)? THAT will give you "hope?"

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by l4z4rd (Post 10134140)
so what will change your opinion? Beat the Broncos? Win the division? Win a playoff game? Win the superbowl? Win the superbowl and be named superbowl MVP?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10134141)
they call those people cowards where I am from... ;)

Quote:

A horrid QB? Lol come on. Only an idiot would say he's been THAT bad. I'd rank him somewhere 15-20. C+/B- type grade so far. He played far better in SF the past two seasons and I expect as he gets used to the players and system around him, he will improve (as he has every year since he's been in the league).

The difference between "fans" of Alex is we are realistic. We understand the process and time that it takes to build a great QB/offense/team. We see the potential in Alex, the good play, but can also criticize him. He's missed some easy throws that have me scratching my head, it's infuriating. But I put it in perspective - all QB's miss throws and he will improve.

You haters simply say "he sucks." Your arguments are 100% emotion based, like that of a female. Don't we get enough emotional arguments from our women? I thought a football MB was for MEN to analytically discuss their team? If I wanted an emotional argument about football I'd talk to my wife.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JF08 (Post 10134152)
I know this is EXACTLY what is happening. They are afraid to actually buy in and cheer for him, because if he loses, then they will be broken hearted again. That's some b*tch sh*t. That is the exact OPPOSITE of what a true fan is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10134153)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JF08 (Post 10134160)
Ah good point. So they are like battered women? I'm starting to feel bad...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10134162)
Very good post. You won't make a dent in the stupid.. but your efforts are commendable. :D

http://www.troll.me/images/leave-jim...k-in-peace.jpg

Jakemall 10-28-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10134164)
If you're going to "win now", you better win it all. NOW.

I get it, but not every QB gets to win now..in fact, only one does..does that mean the other top 10 QBs should quit?

So back to the question..what is enough to get you on the bandwagon so to speak?

Jakemall 10-28-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10134166)
Once? :cuss:

I will back down when Alex Smith consistently plays like the QB Andy Reid seems to think he can be. He has shown a few flashes, but hasn't done it for an entire game yet. Need to see that for a few games in a row before I will believe it's more than just a hope/dream/wish.

I hope you know I didn't mean it litterally "once" it's just a phrase.

JF08 10-28-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10134162)

Fighting the good fight. :banghead:

duncan_idaho 10-28-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

"Haters?" Maybe they say that. There are a few that would qualify as hating Alex Smith. But there's also a lot of this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10134119)
Most common criticism of Alex Smith at the time of the trade was that he was a mediocre, mid-tier, game-managing QB who couldn't put the team on his back when necessary to be the REASON his team won rather than a contributing factor ranking somewhere below the defense/special teams/running game. That he wasn't a QB who could win playoff games and run the gauntlet against elite, complete teams.

The bar hasn't changed.

Or this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10134118)
Yeah, why should it stop? Everything the rational posters have been saying has turned out to be true. He is who we thought he was... but yeah, 8 years plus 8 games isn't enough time.

The "have some patience" thing is kind of amusing though... all we've been doing is waiting to see if anything changes, while others jumped on his bandwagon after the first week or two, if they weren't already on it. It's not like any of us can do anything else.

And the Manning thing is a strawman.

l4z4rd 10-28-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

This. Some people seem to forget Meyer's assessment of Smith before he was drafted. Smith needs to fully digest and understand the playbook from cover to cover before he's fully comfortable with the system. With 6 different OCs in his first 6 seasons, he never had the opportunity to get comfortable with the playbook before having to learn a new one. In 2012, his first season playing under the same OC as the previous season, he did pretty well.

JF08 10-28-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10134175)
I get it, but not every QB gets to win now..in fact, only one does..does that mean the other top 10 QBs should quit?

So back to the question..what is enough to get you on the bandwagon so to speak?

Do not let SDH back down from this. I REALLY want to know what it will take for him (and the other haters to get on the bandwagon). Because if it's a Super Bowl win, they won't even get to enjoy it!

Carlota69 10-28-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10134167)

ROFLROFLROFLROFL