ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' offense: "one of the worst in the league, by nearly every measure" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276680)

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10022197)
would i sleep with a fat chick today, if a hot one was promised to me in 2 years?

i'd sleep with a fatty sans promises, but sure, I mean what are we going to say, no to finally drafting a ****ing QB...

ROFL

We've been getting promises blown up our ass for 4 years.

January, 2009:

"My goal is to draft and develop a franchise QB for the Chiefs"

Three 2nd round picks traded and two middle/bottom of the barrel QB's later...

DJ's left nut 09-26-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10022177)
J, he's not going to do that either. He might tag along for a playoff win if the defense goes apeshit and we are lucky enough to face someone like Houston.

We both know it, only one of us is willing to admit it.

What could Rich Gannon do that Alex Smith can't?

If Rich Gannon could go to a Super Bowl (and damn near another one), Alex Smith can as well. Gannon was extremely similar in style and ability to Alex Smith.

And Gannon drove those Raiders teams, though yes - he required a strong supporting cast.

I'm one that happens to think Gannon has become wildly overrated around here, but at the same time, the guy was a critical cog for a SB team and won plenty of playoff games.

I see nothing to suggest that Smith couldn't be very similar to Gannon in that regard.

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10022205)
Maybe we should just go without!

According to some, we already are

the Talking Can 09-26-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10022207)
I mean, Hasselbeck did get royally ****ed out of a SB win.

probably the most blatant ****ing ever

he was also not known for being afraid to let it fly

part of it is context, the league is currently designed to advantage passing...but we're trying to do it without taking advantage of that advantage...which is just upping the degree of difficulty for no good reason

keg in kc 09-26-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10022208)
Oh, come on.

Do you really believe that Alex Smith would be anyone's first choice as a starting QB?

As fans, we play the cards we're dealt.

I've said it all year long: Alex Smith is NOT Matt Cassel, despite GoChiefs false narrative.

Let's be real: does anybody take him seriously?

keg in kc 09-26-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10022213)
According to some, we already are

It's a taller Tyler Thigpen.

L.A. Chieffan 09-26-2013 02:52 PM

Just let the stat nerds determine the super bowl winners at the beginning of the season. Why even play the games?

Sorter 09-26-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10022196)
Thanks for your input. My opinion is the NFL is now a passing league and in order to win you have to get "chunks" of yards so that is one of the biggest reasons why I don't think Alex will ever win one.

Maybe my stance will change in a month when we face Peyton.

I agree with that. However, you can still get chunks from your 12-25 stems on concepts (Levels, Razor, Topper, CBs, 3/4Verts, Smash, etc).

keg in kc 09-26-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 10022219)
Just let the stat nerds determine the super bowl winners at the beginning of the season. Why even play the games?

I think the league office has already determined that it's time for Peyton to get his second.

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10022199)
I have no idea what you just said.

Which would be why I don't play poker.

LMAO

I'm first to act. I call the blind. (forced bet if you want to play)

TTC Raises.

JSP re-raises, enough to put you all in.

Chances are, you're facing monster hands. Pocket Aces, Kings, Queens, maybe AK suited.

Are you going to bet every dollar you have on pocket fives holding up against three other players?

Of course not.

Alex Smith - Pocket 5's

Guys like Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Manning, etc - you know - the kind of QB you face in the playoffs?

They are the huge pocket pairs that don't really need help from the flop.

Meanwhile, there are TWO cards in the deck that help you, and that's assuming the other three don't hit one of their cards.

Sorter 09-26-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10022212)

If Rich Gannon could go to a Super Bowl (and damn near another one), Alex Smith can as well. Gannon was extremely similar in style and ability to Alex Smith.

And Gannon drove those Raiders teams, though yes - he required a strong supporting cast.

I'm one that happens to think Gannon has become wildly overrated around here, but at the same time, the guy was a critical cog for a SB team and won plenty of playoff games.

I see nothing to suggest that Smith couldn't be very similar to Gannon in that regard.

Rich can make a phenomenal cilantro and garlic based salsa. I am unaware of Alex's capabilities in this regard.

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10022212)

Yeah, the game hasn't changed at all in the last decade+

Who's next, Terry Bradshaw?

the Talking Can 09-26-2013 02:55 PM

gannon made plays when he was running around

all i've seen from smith when he runs around is that he runs out of bounds...i'm waiting to see him identify WRs downfield under pressure

Sorter 09-26-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10022224)
LMAO

I'm first to act. I call the blind. (forced bet if you want to play)

TTC Raises.

JSP re-raises, enough to put you all in.

Chances are, you're facing monster hands. Pocket Aces, Kings, Queens, maybe AK suited.

Are you going to bet every dollar you have on pocket fives holding up against three other players?

Of course not.

Alex Smith - Pocket 5's

Guys like Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Manning, etc - you know - the kind of QB you face in the playoffs?

They are the huge pocket pairs that don't really need help from the flop.

Meanwhile, there are TWO cards in the deck that help you, and that's assuming the other three don't hit one of their cards.

This helped my understanding a bit.

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10022216)
Let's be real: does anybody take him seriously?

His minions do