ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bungie Destiny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270050)

TimBone 10-01-2014 12:40 PM

I just finally got a character to level 20 last night. What's the recommendation for finding legendary gear?

Buck 10-01-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 10962529)
Maybe bland was the wrong word, but I watched the review footage from IGN and still feel like the world looks kind of...soulless. Colorful, but empty and uninteresting.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/D470B7_edzA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I stand by my original statement that the mechanics look unappealingly floaty and the gameplay looks bad. Add to that the fact that the game is said to be even more grindy and repetitive than Destiny (and strongly encourages real-cash purchases), I think I'll continue stay away.

On a Destiny-related note, I finally replaced my Titan's last piece of Rare equipment. He'll probably be 27 by the time I get the non-ascendent upgrades done on his new gear, so I may start looking for a raid group to join.

Fair enough. I suggest trying it first. I've put 220+ hours into it and I completely disagree with everything you said. Firefall did not pay IGN to review their game, hence the low review grade.

Watch this.

http://youtu.be/WRxPVxTxzzU

Mother****erJones 10-01-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 10968681)
I just finally got a character to level 20 last night. What's the recommendation for finding legendary gear?

Queens bounties then missions get you her gear. Level your cryptarch up also

Mav 10-01-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 10968681)

You can get a helm and chest for doing the queens. You need to be at least 21 to do hers though.

Strikes are a great way because you earn vanguard marks.

Mav 10-02-2014 02:55 AM

Cryptarc is fixed!

Gonzo 10-02-2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10968516)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mvosTJIohQ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO

CanadianChief 10-02-2014 11:47 AM

Damn weekly challenge is pissing me off. Tried it on level 28. Not happening. Down to 26 and we got close but all those yellow adds keep coming in waves and hammering us.

I better hold off on that Vault of Glass raid.

verbaljitsu 10-02-2014 12:22 PM

I'm level 20. I got all the way to the end of the weekly challenge solo. But that guy with the gattling gun just wrecked me. Couldn't do any noteworthy damage.

Mother****erJones 10-02-2014 02:08 PM

My first legendary item was an exotic sniper

DanBecky 10-02-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10970945)
My first legendary item was an exotic sniper

Which one? If you haven't seen it, look up the Ice Breaker on YouTube. That thing is badass. I have the Patience and Time exotic sniper.

keg in kc 10-02-2014 05:12 PM

I finally got an exotic via drop last night, doing the night fall. Autorifle called Hard Light. I bought Suros Regime from Xur last week, so I likely won't use Hard Light much. It does look really good though.

Other exotics I have include Pocket Infinity (good) and Super Good Advice (good) which I got through bounties and Heart of the Praxic Fire (great) which I got from an exotic chest engram I purchased from Xur. I got the bounty for Thorn a couple of days ago, but I haven't begun it yet.

I'm over 20 legendary engrams now (mostly without cave grinding) and haven't had any turn into an exotic yet. Friend of mine got Lucky Raspberry the other day. Of course I've still only gotten two legendaries out of these 20+ purple engrams, so it's not exactly a big surprise that I haven't yet gotten an exotic that way. Hell, I've gotten more purple items out of blue engrams than I have purple engrams.

Speaking of blue engrams, how shitty is this: I've gotten levels 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 with the Cryptarch this week. Every engram I've received through the mail from him has been blue. Not a single purple. So I'm still getting royally ****ed even after the change to engrams. LMAO

Third Eye 10-02-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10971432)
I finally got an exotic via drop last night, doing the night fall. Autorifle called Hard Light. I bought Suros Regime from Xur last week, so I likely won't use Hard Light much. It does look really good though.

Other exotics I have include Pocket Infinity (good) and Super Good Advice (good) which I got through bounties and Heart of the Praxic Fire (great) which I got from an exotic chest engram I purchased from Xur. I got the bounty for Thorn a couple of days ago, but I haven't begun it yet.

I'm over 20 legendary engrams now (mostly without cave grinding) and haven't had any turn into an exotic yet. Friend of mine got Lucky Raspberry the other day. Of course I've still only gotten two legendaries out of these 20+ purple engrams, so it's not exactly a big surprise that I haven't yet gotten an exotic that way. Hell, I've gotten more purple items out of blue engrams than I have purple engrams.

Speaking of blue engrams, how shitty is this: I've gotten levels 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 with the Cryptarch this week. Every engram I've received through the mail from him has been blue. Not a single purple. So I'm still getting royally ****ed even after the change to engrams. LMAO

I could be wrong, but I would assume they lowered the drop rate of purple engrams to compensate for them being guaranteed now.

jiveturkey 10-02-2014 06:53 PM

Beat the raid today, holy shit was that satisfying.

We then split up into 2 teams and took on the weekly nightfall (attempt #6) and I was on the team that beat him. I need a nap and a clean shirt.

My exotics are...

Suros AR - love it
Thorn HC - nope, I'll stick with my legondary until the buff comes out
Bad JuJu - nope again, my legondary performs much better
Thunderlord LMG - love it
Super Good Advice LMG - spray and pray. Bursting it helps but not great either way
Gjallarhorn RL - just got it.

keg in kc 10-02-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 10971495)
I could be wrong, but I would assume they lowered the drop rate of purple engrams to compensate for them being guaranteed now.

Ranks 11-14 happened prior to the patch. In any case, five consecutive levels without a purple from a legendary ranked mail (i.e. it's purple...) seems like pretty extraordinary bad luck.

Third Eye 10-02-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10973355)
Ranks 11-14 happened prior to the patch. In any case, five consecutive levels without a purple from a legendary ranked mail (i.e. it's purple...) seems like pretty extraordinary bad luck.

Yeah, if that was pre-patch, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm sure you definitely don't want to hear that when I hit level 8 a couple days ago I got dropped two legendary engrams. One of them was even a legendary hand cannon. I don't care for hand cannons though, so it's really no big deal.