ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Did Alex Smith remind you of Matt Cassel tonight? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275378)

Ming the Merciless 08-18-2013 02:52 AM

Holy shit that was the ONLY snap Kelce played in the game (on offense...plus 3 on ST)

oops

booger 08-18-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9896556)
I like that....I feel that is why mccluster wasnt successful at returning

he would try to out-juke or out think too much instead of reacting, hitting one hole and just stepping on the gas

Toub is actually getting something out of Dexter and Wylie on PR and has got it right with the idea of a big RB like davis trying him out on KR with Demps

DaneMcCloud 08-18-2013 02:54 AM

Knile Davis has real potential

booger 08-18-2013 02:57 AM

while I hate comparing, I've heard Bo Jackson but he reminds me more of Herschel Walker

Hammock Parties 08-18-2013 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9896554)
Good God.

:rolleyes:

So, what would you have said if he hadn't made the INT?

He drops picks, so wouldn't have been shocking.

Did you know Alex Smith was failing hard against SF's 2nd team?

SanDiego49er 08-18-2013 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9896566)
He drops picks, so wouldn't have been shocking.

Did you know Alex Smith was failing hard against SF's 2nd team?

I don't think Alex was failing. Did you see your O Line block? How about hitting WR's right in the hands in stride several times that were flat out dropped? You want to blame him for that?

Dayze 08-18-2013 08:59 AM

I finally watched the game
Special teams looked good.

Nico Johnson seems super smart, plays smart. Needs to improve a bit in coverage,but hey, the dude is a plugger so can't have our cake and eat it too.

DL looked good. I like Poe , he either gets penetration or stands his ground. Don't see hi getting blown off the ball.

Baldwin blows. Waste of a spot. Slow. .cant catch a cold.
Avery is the number 2 hands down.

I think our RB depth is good.

Fisher was all over the place. Inconsistent. Got blown past on a few occasions.

I think the game plan focus was on running the ball more /ball control this game.

SanDiego49er 08-18-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9896756)
I finally watched the game
Special teams looked good.

Nico Johnson seems super smart, plays smart. Needs to improve a bit in coverage,but hey, the dude is a plugger so can't have our cake and eat it too.

DL looked good. I like Poe , he either gets penetration or stands his ground. Don't see hi getting blown off the ball.

Baldwin blows. Waste of a spot. Slow. .cant catch a cold.
Avery is the number 2 hands down.

I think our RB depth is good.

Fisher was all over the place. Inconsistent. Got blown past on a few occasions.

I think the game plan focus was on running the ball more /ball control this game.

Fisher is supposed to be inconsistent. He's so young and inexperienced. The talent and upside is massive. He shows flashes. He will be very good IMO.

Squatch 08-18-2013 09:10 AM

I thought Smith was fine. We need some wide receivers bad. Getting open is a big problem. Even if we had a guy with the biggest arm in the league we couldn't go very far.

MahiMike 08-18-2013 10:02 AM

Bowe missed a sure TD by stopping his route. He must not be used to a QB trying to lead him.

Sandy Vagina 08-18-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squatch (Post 9896769)
I thought Smith was fine. We need some wide receivers bad. Getting open is a big problem. Even if we had a guy with the biggest arm in the league we couldn't go very far.

I would have much preferred seeing Avery out there instead of Baldwin.. he was really terrible. Even that deep pass from Alex out of the endzone for Baldwin may have had some chance had Baldwin not stumbled all over himself. I was disappointed that Bowe sharpened his route and waited for the ball instead of going up to get his one pass attempt. Lazy preseason effort, perhaps.

I thought the pass to Cyrus Gray on 3rd down (first drive) was placed well, as you don't want to be throwing wide to a RB, unless his catching ability is well known to be great.

There were a couple of pass plays where I wanted Alex to do more.. but it was hard to see what he was seeing deeper down the field. I overall came away disappointed, but there were many things that kept the offense from getting into a rhythm.

milkman 08-18-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9896808)
Bowe missed a sure TD by stopping his route. He must not be used to a QB trying to lead him.

He didn't stop his route.

Had he flattened his route, he would have not allowed Bowman to undrcut him and given himself a chance to make that catch.

That, however, was not a sure TD.

SAUTO 08-18-2013 10:08 AM

Baldwin didn't actually stumble on himself there. His and the db's feet got tangled
Posted via Mobile Device

Sandy Vagina 08-18-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9896815)
Baldwin didn't actually stumble on himself there. His and the db's feet got tangled
Posted via Mobile Device

I'll check on that again, but yeah, okay.

SAUTO 08-18-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9896818)
I'll check on that again, but yeah, okay.

Go ahead. I'm right.
Posted via Mobile Device