ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

Alex Smiff 09-17-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 9988006)
What are you doing here again?

Not 1 curr if you think someone is a turncoat. Last time I checked, the 9ers didn't pay anyone to be loyal or monogamous fans.

Wow..what a reason to join a forum. I hear there are at least a few other websites just like this one in that regard..did you join those too?

I deserve to be here just as much as you do. Fraud

Marcellus 09-17-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9987890)
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ARGUING N00BS?

This really is an odd situation and CP has seen almost everything.

We have an entire clan of 49ers fans fighting each other here daily.

JENKINSWINS 09-17-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smiff (Post 9988028)

Calling people frauds and clowns, while when Alex was the QB for the 9ers it seems as if you didn't support the team and now you do. I don't see anything wrong with being a fan of a stand up guy but I do see a something disturbingly wrong with hating on said guy. If jake is a fraud you are even worse than one.

Sandy Vagina 09-17-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 9987814)
I just have not been satisfied, or dazzled by the play calling.

Alex Smith is better than Casshole, but he is completing only 60% of his passes and is averaging less than 6 yards per completion. The play calling is responsible for a good portion of these pathetic stats.

That is a low % for Alex, but like someone else said, we are a new offense all learning each other and the route combinations. Also, the Chiefs are top 10 in most passes dropped so far. That will affect a QB's %, obviously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smiff (Post 9987876)
You can call me a hater. That's fine. One thing I'm not is a turncoat. I support my team no matter what. You...well...you seem to have abandoned your team once your boy got dumped.

Oh really? Then why have I been posting there all day long? Hmm... pretty sure those were my fingers on my laptop.. typing away on a SF forum... how strange. ****ing moron.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 9988053)
Calling people frauds and clowns, while when Alex was the QB for the 9ers it seems as if you didn't support the team and now you do. I don't see anything wrong with being a fan of a stand up guy but I do see a something disturbingly wrong with hating on said guy. If jake is a fraud you are even worse than one.

definitely bizarro pathetic, that one is...

JENKINSWINS 09-17-2013 04:49 PM

Nice read on Smithers...

nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000246391/article/andy-reids-kansas-city-chiefs-thriving-on-both-sides-of-the-ball

JENKINSWINS 09-17-2013 05:01 PM

Nice video on Smithers...

nfl.com/videos/kansas-city-chiefs/0ap2000000245956/The-Coaches-Show-How-good-is-Alex-Smith

NinerDoug 09-17-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9988031)

Well, this is Niners Planet.

NinerDoug 09-17-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9988031)

But really, it's simply the continuation of the pretty nasty fight that has been transplanted to your board. Kind of like a bar brawl that makes its way from bar to bar, taking some of its original participants with it, and picking up new ones along the way.

Sandy Vagina 09-17-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 9988147)
But really, it's simply the continuation of the pretty nasty fight that has been transplanted to your board. Kind of like a bar brawl that makes its way from bar to bar, taking some of its original participants with it, and picking up new ones along the way.

That's funny, and actually rather true. Some don't really care about Alex or whether Alex is good or not. They are butthurt from past "transgressions" from other 49ers fans... and so are desperate to lash out at those posters via Alex.

So for you 100% KC fans... keep in mind that the pro-Alex people are not where the SF spillover is at fault. It's the butthurt cock-suckers that do hate Alex because they blame him for being punked out by the the pro-Smithers.. as well as Alex's play that has proven them wrong time and again.

Marcellus 09-17-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 9988147)

I guess I can respect that considering this place is a daily brawl amongst Chief's fans usually.

Most places wouldn't tolerate this stuff so it makes sense it lands here.

SAUTO 09-17-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9986379)
You seem to have a problem with reading comprehension. He said, and I quote:

"I don't think he could win a shoot out in the playoffs. It's completely against his grain."

A shootout is completely against his grain, so he can't do it? HE DID IT.

I know exactly what you ****ing said. Just because it happened once (against a terrible defense) doesn't mean it will happen again
Posted via Mobile Device

JF08 09-17-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9988214)
That's funny, and actually rather true. Some don't really care about Alex or whether Alex is good or not. They are butthurt from past "transgressions" from other 49ers fans... and so are desperate to lash out at those posters via Alex.

So for you 100% KC fans... keep in mind that the pro-Alex people are not where the SF spillover is at fault. It's the butthurt cock-suckers that do hate Alex because they blame him for being punked out by the the pro-Smithers.. as well as Alex's play that has proven them wrong time and again.

This. I'm a 49ers fan, yes. But I am rooting for the Chiefs HORD. Sure, it's because I like Alex Smith, but does that really matter? I want the TEAM to do well, not just Smith. Loving what the Chiefs are doing this year...

Marcellus 09-17-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9988253)
I know exactly what you ****ing said. Just because it happened once (against a terrible defense) doesn't mean it will happen againPosted via Mobile Device

Its rather interesting that that win is not allowed to count.

I mean the tone of your post makes it sound like evidence since then suggest it couldn't happen again and it doesn't.

I heard something the other day about how men are more obsessed with being right than getting it right.

This whole Alex Smith debate proves that.

JENKINSWINS 09-17-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9988260)

I mean the tone of your post makes it sound like evidence since then suggest it couldn't happen again and it doesn't.

I heard something the other day about how men are more obsessed with being right than getting it right.

So with his thought process, since Colin Kaepernick has never beaten the Seahawks he will never beat them.

Rausch 09-17-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 9988273)
So with his thought process, since Colin Kaepernick has never beaten the Seahawks he will never beat them.

I'm starting to wonder...

Sandy Vagina 09-17-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JF08 (Post 9988259)
This. I'm a 49ers fan, yes. But I am rooting for the Chiefs HORD. Sure, it's because I like Alex Smith, but does that really matter? I want the TEAM to do well, not just Smith. Loving what the Chiefs are doing this year...

Yes, sir. I may have started looking deep into KC because of Smith... but I have found myself really liking most of the KC players as well. Always did like the key players like JC, Bowe, Asamoah, TJax, Albert, D Johnson, Houston, Flowers, McCluster, and Berry. And now, I am really liking some (newer to me) others like Poe, Sherman, Catapano, and loved Kelce as a prospect.

I was feeling the adrenaline that I feel from SF games in the last 2 Chiefs games. :)

Kiimo 09-17-2013 06:32 PM

That is...bizarre. But I don't hate it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-17-2013 07:00 PM

He's not even a good game manager. Just an improvement over Cassel in regards to not turning the ball over.

Meh, bleh, eh.

Bearcat 09-17-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9988260)

Was that said on The View? LMAO

It's only been said by about 20 different people about 4000 different times by those who aren't sold on Smith being someone who can take the Chiefs beyond the first round of the playoffs... there's no hate involved and we would happily be wrong. Who the hell really cares if their football opinion ends up being wrong? Are we 7? LMAO

Trying to pick apart a post because someone didn't add a word like "consistently" even though it was obviously the point doesn't change or disprove anything. Regardless if someone says "he can't win in the playoffs" and he did win one game, it doesn't change reality... it's one playoff game. Given guys like Tebow have won a playoff game (it totally means he could win another one!!! derp), the goal posts should be set at 2nd round wins and beyond, where the big boys win. Arguing about single games short of that is pointless.

Sandy Vagina 09-17-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9988486)
Are we 7? LMAO

Not you, but by the posts here, I'd say about half the posters are about 7... whether actually 7 or mentally stunted to that of 7 year olds.

Bearcat 09-17-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9988505)
Not you, but by the posts here, I'd say about half the posters are about 7... whether actually 7 or mentally stunted to that of 7 year olds.

There's definitely some pretty shallow discussion in this thread. I'd lean towards the pro-Smith/49er guys wanting to be right... but, that's logical. You guys have watched him for several years and have more info on him... and I sure as hell don't want to be right. I'd love to put down some cash and watch a legit playoff contender at Arrowhead.

But yeah, we definitely have our share... the Geno thread is probably the best example at the moment. People get so freakin' obsessed with and entrenched in their own opinion, they'll cherry pick and do whatever it takes to push their agenda. Kind of fascinating, in a sad way.

Alex Smiff 09-17-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JF08 (Post 9987886)
Go support your team then! Logging into another team's forum to try and tear down a former player of your team, is NOT supporting your team. You acting like a butthurt teenage girl. Go to the Niners forum and help everyone figure out how to convince Harbaugh that he's an idiot for getting away from the WCO.

Not tearing him down. He's a limited QB...as are several other QB's in the league.

splatbass 09-17-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987299)
We'll see on Thursday. Maybe he wins over a new fan if I see 350 yards passing and 3td's in a 31-28 win.

A win counts the same no matter how many yards the QB passes for.

BigCatDaddy 09-17-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9988808)
A win counts the same no matter how many yards the QB passes for.

Do you think there will be a few gamez this year that type of performance will be necessary to win a game?

Brando 09-17-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smiff (Post 9988784)
Not tearing him down. He's a limited QB...as are several other QB's in the league.

His floor is somewhere above Christian Ponder and his ceiling is Kerry Collins.
I think he's a lot closer to Kerry than Christian, but he's certainly not Young, Manning, Brady etc...

BigMeatballDave 09-17-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9987299)

We'll see on Thursday. Maybe he wins over a new fan if I see 350 yards passing and 3td's in a 31-28 win.

I don't think Philly is putting up 28 on the Chiefs D.

splatbass 09-17-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9988893)
Do you think there will be a few gamez this year that type of performance will be necessary to win a game?

I think Alex Smith is capable of doing anything necessary to win. So far we haven't needed a lot of passing yards to win. We may need them Thursday because the Eagles can score some points. I believe Alex Smith can gets us enough to win. Will he? Who knows. That is why they play the games.

Alex Smiff 09-17-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9989365)
I think Alex Smith is capable of doing anything necessary to win. So far we haven't needed a lot of passing yards to win. We may need them Thursday because the Eagles can score some points. I believe Alex Smith can gets us enough to win. Will he? Who knows. That is why they play the games.

He has never in his 8 year career put up big passing numbers. I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

BossChief 09-17-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9988482)
He's not even a good game manager. Just an improvement over Cassel in regards to not turning the ball over.

Meh, bleh, eh.

Oh cmon. Outside of a couple communication issues, be managed the game pretty damn well.

He took a lot of hits and secured the ball and didn't throw any picks while amazing almost 300 yards. Also, 2 td passes.

I'll take that all day.

JENKINSWINS 09-17-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9988540)
There's definitely some pretty shallow discussion in this thread. I'd lean towards the pro-Smith/49er guys wanting to be right... but, that's logical. You guys have watched him for several years and have more info on him... and I sure as hell don't want to be right. I'd love to put down some cash and watch a legit playoff contender at Arrowhead.

But yeah, we definitely have our share... the Geno thread is probably the best example at the moment. People get so freakin' obsessed with and entrenched in their own opinion, they'll cherry pick and do whatever it takes to push their agenda. Kind of fascinating, in a sad way.

The pro-Smith guys have always said, all he needed was a good coach and a little consistency in one offensive scheme. He had that in Harbaugh and now has it with Reid. It's proven that the pro-Smith guys have been right all along. Alex's record with these 2 coaches is nothing short of amazing especially for a guy that's been through what he has.

Go Alex!

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-17-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9988893)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9989389)
Oh cmon. Outside of a couple communication issues, be managed the game pretty damn well.

He took a lot of hits and secured the ball and didn't throw any picks while amazing almost 300 yards. Also, 2 td passes.

I'll take that all day.

This will of course get more interesting as time marches on and the competition becomes more challenging.

BossChief 09-18-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9989573)
This will of course get more interesting as time marches on and the competition becomes more challenging.

Dude

As time passes, he will develop chemistry with these receivers and backs and become more efficient than he is at the start of the season. Especially as the line gels as the season goes on.

It's not all doom and gloom.

Rausch 09-18-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brando (Post 9988968)
His floor is somewhere above Christian Ponder and his ceiling is Kerry Collins.
I think he's a lot closer to Kerry than Christian, but he's certainly not Young, Manning, Brady etc...

Kerry might have been a HOF player if he didn't waste his first 6 years being a total ****ing idiot...

Rausch 09-18-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9989650)
Dude

As time passes, he will develop chemistry with these receivers and backs and become more efficient than he is at the start of the season. Especially as the line gels as the season goes on.

It's not all doom and gloom.

Our schedule is our friend.

We only play one division team in the first 9 weeks and that's Oakland.

Jakemall 09-18-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smiff (Post 9988028)

http://resnarkable.com/wp-content/up...onceivable.jpg

Jakemall 09-18-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 9988129)
Nice video on Smithers...

nfl.com/videos/kansas-city-chiefs/0ap2000000245956/The-Coaches-Show-How-good-is-Alex-Smith

Enjoyed the linked video. Thanks!!!

JF08 09-18-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9988357)
Yes, sir. I may have started looking deep into KC because of Smith... but I have found myself really liking most of the KC players as well. Always did like the key players like JC, Bowe, Asamoah, TJax, Albert, D Johnson, Houston, Flowers, McCluster, and Berry. And now, I am really liking some (newer to me) others like Poe, Sherman, Catapano, and loved Kelce as a prospect.

I was feeling the adrenaline that I feel from SF games in the last 2 Chiefs games. :)

Ha! So it's not just me... I DVR'd the game, and rushed home from my son's Pop Warner team picture day. I was cheering like it was the Niners. It feels quite strange, but I don't care. The Chiefs are doing EVERYTHING that I love about football. And I agree, I'm starting to like the other players on the team, Smith just happens to fit in with them perfectly.

Rausch 09-18-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9986279)
He is Marty's wet dream at QB.

Ironic, isn't it?

Sandy Vagina 09-18-2013 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JF08 (Post 9989693)
Ha! So it's not just me... I DVR'd the game, and rushed home from my son's Pop Warner team picture day. I was cheering like it was the Niners. It feels quite strange, but I don't care. The Chiefs are doing EVERYTHING that I love about football. And I agree, I'm starting to like the other players on the team, Smith just happens to fit in with them perfectly.

Yeah man... it feels great on Sundays to look at the whole schedule and :D as I see a KC game at noon and a SF game later in the day. Usually, I am flipping around to multiple teams at noon and giving a **** about none of them.

All the same, I find what the Chiefs are building very similar to what SF did in 2011... and liking the players (and not one of them do I dislike) just easily makes them of interest to me. Add in a class QB like Smith, and I am in!

I have always been a fan of the NFL and more than one team while also keeping SF above the rest. I'm not one of these brain-washed by daddy kids that doesn't choose for myself. I have never been anywhere near the WC, and have no geological or other connection there.

GO NINERS !!!! GO CHIEFS !!!! Anyone got a problem with that? Eat a dick and GTFO. :)

Sandy Vagina 09-18-2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiff-hater-reerun (Post 9989385)
He has never in his 8 year career put up big passing numbers. I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

Don't like you and have no interest in communicating with you... but I don't like the twisting of this.

First, I don't give a shit what Smith did or didn't do many years ago with garbage team and coaches. I respect trends for players in the NFL.

So that said, and judging off of the last 40 games of Smith with quality coaching....

There have been only a few games where it can be considered that Smith and his team fell behind by multiple scores, and he AND the team didn't respond with a brilliant comeback late in the game.

- 1 from 2011 @ Baltimore. (and every SF fan admits that NO ONE played well that night)

- 2 from 2012 @ Minnesota and vs the NYG
The Vikings really out-schemed and shocked us.. and pretty sure that Ponder had the best game of his shitty life. Late in the 3rd, Alex brought us back with a TD drive to close their lead to 4... but the Vikes scored yet another TD and forced our offense to start.. forcing things. It happens.

The NYG game got out of hand in the 2nd half, and Alex and his busted up middle finger did not respond well. It happens.

- 1 from 2010 @ SD (and every SF fan that even remembers that game should know that once again, NO ONE played well that game)

Now then, you add in all of the far more comeback wins... and then you have... well, what pretty much all good QBs deal with. A favorable mix of wins, comebacks, and failed comebacks.

The fact that the SF defense rarely allowed opponents to distance themselves? The reality that when teams rarely did? it caught us by surprise, as we were not a team ever built to come back from multiple deficits..

Aaaah whatever... let's just take the easy, thoughtless route and wail out "Alex is teh suxxorz!"

It's just much easier to be a simpleton instead of actually exercising the brain, so carry on... :)

BigCatDaddy 09-18-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9989365)
<b>I think Alex Smith is capable of doing anything necessary to win</b>. So far we haven't needed a lot of passing yards to win. We may need them Thursday because the Eagles can score some points. I believe Alex Smith can gets us enough to win. Will he? Who knows. That is why they play the games.

This is where we differ. Can he? I guess so. Worse QB's have done it. Can he do it on a consistant basis like Trent Green? I highly doubt it.

I think I would feel better about the <b>LONG TERM</b> view of Alice if did what Vick did last week in a loss than what Alice did last week in a win. Of course I would rather win the game, but I would feel better going forward knowing that if and when things don't go perfect we are still able to overcome offensive turnovers, special teams TD's, and a shit day by the defense.

And of course if/when those things happen people will want to give Alice a pass if he didn't fumble, give up points, or miss a tackle on the return, but those things happen in football and you need a QB that can make up for it from time to time. Just like when Alice tanked in the NFC title game. Peope want to point to the ST fumble and ignore how bad Alice was that day when he stunk it up.

Omaha 09-18-2013 07:47 AM

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/...56582110_n.jpg

Omaha 09-18-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9989787)
This is where we differ. Can he? I guess so. Worse QB's have done it. Can he do it on a consistant basis like Trent Green? I highly doubt it.

I've been thinking about the comparison between Smith/Green lately. I would take Smith over Green. I think Smith looks better throwing the ball. His passes have more zip and he is way more athletic. Not to take anything away from Green's successes, but Green had ridiculous talent surrounding him when he was playing at a high level. A few years prior to that, he was awful. There's still a long way to go, but I've been pleasantly surprised with Smith.

Tribal Warfare 09-18-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9989901)
I've been thinking about the comparison between Smith/Green lately. I would take Smith over Green. I think Smith looks better throwing the ball. His passes have more zip and he is way more athletic. Not to take anything away from Green's successes, but Green had ridiculous talent surrounding him when he was playing at a high level. A few years prior to that, he was awful. There's still a long way to go, but I've been pleasantly surprised with Smith.

:facepalm: ROFL

BigCatDaddy 09-18-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSjvTctIAAAB8uj.jpg

ayleswbj 09-18-2013 08:08 AM

Big Cat, you guys bitch about Alex Smiths history and say he cant do this and cant do that and then go an compare him to one of the biggest under achievers in league history. Vick is a dynamic injury prone QB that has never won anything. In 12 freaking seasons, he has 2 playoffs wins. Hes a career 55% completion rate and has only passed for 20,000 yrds in 12 seasons. His career history is just as bad as Smiths for being a top pick. Yea hes dynamic looking but when you come down to it thats all rainbows and bubble gum. The guy doesnt finish seasons and he doesnt win, over the course of a whole season is completely inaccurate with the football, also loses and avg of 8 fumbles a season over the course of his career along with the ints. 2 out of 12 seasons has he ever completed 60% of his passes. If you need a bigger sample size of avg i just dont know where your going to find it. He rushed for alot of yards when he was young. Thats pretty good i guess

BigCatDaddy 09-18-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayleswbj (Post 9989910)
Big Cat, you guys bitch about Alex Smiths history and say he cant do this and cant do that and then go an compare him to one of the biggest under achievers in league history. Vick is a dynamic injury prone QB that has never won anything. In 12 freaking seasons, he has 2 playoffs wins. Hes a career 55% completion rate and has only passed for 20,000 yrds in 12 seasons. His career history is just as bad as Smiths for being a top pick. Yea hes dynamic looking but when you come down to it thats all rainbows and bubble gum. The guy doesnt finish seasons and he doesnt win, over the course of a whole season is completely inaccurate with the football, also loses and avg of 8 fumbles a season over the course of his career along with the ints. 2 out of 12 seasons has he ever completed 60% of his passes. If you need a bigger sample size of avg i just dont know where your going to find it. He rushed for alot of yards when he was young. Thats pretty good i guess

I wasn't advocating or comparing Vick. I was using the game he had Sunday as an example.

Omaha 09-18-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9989907)

Great use of that pic.

BigCatDaddy 09-18-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

This is just dumb on so many levels. Green had a season where he damn near averaged 300 yards a game passing with a 67 percent completion percentage. Green could actually throw to WR's and get the ball down field. He was a top 5-10 QB in his best days. It's been so long that I think you forgot just how good the guy was.

ayleswbj 09-18-2013 08:18 AM

As for your point that Alex tanked in the title game, he is the only guy who made a big play to have them in the game. Throw out the comp % , i was at this game and many others in SF, never been in this kind of weather for a football game ever in my life. His 76 yrder to Davis, another 37 yrdr and was winning. No turnovers whatsoever in a defensive battle. It took Eli 58 attempts to get to 300 yrds an avg a meager 5 yrds attempt. Smith did not tank that game at all. I agree with alot of what you say about his play from when he was drafted. But you had to be at that game to see how gritty an tough it was.

BigCatDaddy 09-18-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9989333)
I don't think Philly is putting up 28 on the Chiefs D.

Maybe not, but as awesome as the 49ers defense was last year they gave up >24 points in 25% of their regular season games last year. It's going to happen eventually and happen more than a few times. Those games are the games that will define Alice.

ayleswbj 09-18-2013 08:26 AM

That totally fair about what your saying about vick then, but from what ive been seeing I think Alex will have the opportunity to do that when KC has a few more offensive playmakers. Vick is playing with a full house right now, KC has really good players but still needs one or two more dynamo's. Its no secret that Vick is much more dynamic and athletic, they just get it done in different ways. Smiths brand of football certainly is not the 2013 type FB people are getting used to. Doesnt mean its any less effective

ayleswbj 09-18-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9989926)
Maybe not, but as awesome as the 49ers defense was last year they gave up >24 points in 25% of their regular season games last year. It's going to happen and eventually and happen more than a few times. Those games are the games that will define Alice.

Totally agree and hope he surprises everyone for the KC Chiefs sake. Would love for them to be perennially good again

Alex Smiff 09-18-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9989782)
Don't like you and have no interest in communicating with you... but I don't like the twisting of this.

First, I don't give a shit what Smith did or didn't do many years ago with garbage team and coaches. I respect trends for players in the NFL.

So that said, and judging off of the last 40 games of Smith with quality coaching....

There have been only a few games where it can be considered that Smith and his team fell behind by multiple scores, and he AND the team didn't respond with a brilliant comeback late in the game.

- 1 from 2011 @ Baltimore. (and every SF fan admits that NO ONE played well that night)

- 2 from 2012 @ Minnesota and vs the NYG
The Vikings really out-schemed and shocked us.. and pretty sure that Ponder had the best game of his shitty life. Late in the 3rd, Alex brought us back with a TD drive to close their lead to 4... but the Vikes scored yet another TD and forced our offense to start.. forcing things. It happens.

The NYG game got out of hand in the 2nd half, and Alex and his busted up middle finger did not respond well. It happens.

- 1 from 2010 @ SD (and every SF fan that even remembers that game should know that once again, NO ONE played well that game)

Now then, you add in all of the far more comeback wins... and then you have... well, what pretty much all good QBs deal with. A favorable mix of wins, comebacks, and failed comebacks.

The fact that the SF defense rarely allowed opponents to distance themselves? The reality that when teams rarely did? it caught us by surprise, as we were not a team ever built to come back from multiple deficits..

Aaaah whatever... let's just take the easy, thoughtless route and wail out "Alex is teh suxxorz!"

It's just much easier to be a simpleton instead of actually exercising the brain, so carry on... :)

How old are you?

Alex Smiff 09-18-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

This is the type of reeruned shit you hear from Smith fanboys. It's like the twilight zone.

Omaha 09-18-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smiff (Post 9989957)
This is the type of reeruned shit you hear from Smith fanboys. It's like the twilight zone.

Go **** yourself with a fork. I've never been a "Smith fanboy." I said I've been pleasantly surprised by his play. Who hasn't been?

Alex Smiff 09-18-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayleswbj (Post 9989910)

And yet he's still accomplished more than Alex Smith. Vick and Smith are asked to do different things. Vick is asked to win games. Smith is asked to "not **** anything up". Who cares about completion % when you make a living off of screens and checkdowns. The one thing I'll give Smith is he doesn't turn the ball over. That's it.

Alex Smiff 09-18-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9989963)
Go **** yourself with a fork. I've never been a "Smith fanboy." I said I've been pleasantly surprised by his play. Who hasn't been?

You can go **** yourself for this statement:

"I would take Smith over Green" was downright reeruned."

ayleswbj 09-18-2013 08:46 AM

What has he accomplished again? A bit of insight would be helpful. Yes hes got more rushing yards and one more playoff win, but thats in 12 seasons compared to Smiths 8. 2 of which were spent on injured reserve. So please tell me what Vick has accomplished?

Tiger's Fan 09-18-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

This is easily the single dumbest post I've ever read on this site.

And speaking of dumb posts, will this board be infested with 9er fans from now on? Hopefully it's just a passing fad, because all the Alex Smith ball washing has to be making everyone else as sick as it does me. We get it, you love him. I've never seen such worship for such a mediocre player in my long miserable life. I can't think of one single great player I would follow to another teams BB, let alone a very average one. I mean, Tony Gonzalez is the greatest TE, and one of the greatest receivers in the history of the game and I wouldn't have ever considered becoming a Falcons fan because of him.

People are just ****ing crazy I guess. I shouldn't be suprised.

Hammock Parties 09-18-2013 08:46 AM

Actually, I'm leaning towards Smith vs Green being a wash at this point.

Green was clearly a better and more productive passer with more ability to throw downfield accurately, but Smith's scrambling is a real asset to this offense that Green never had.

Mentally they're about the same.

It's close.

Omaha 09-18-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9989922)
This is just dumb on so many levels. Green had a season where he damn near averaged 300 yards a game passing with a 67 percent completion percentage. Green could actually throw to WR's and get the ball down field. He was a top 5-10 QB in his best days. It's been so long that I think you forgot just how good the guy was.

Maybe. I don't remember him throwing to the WRs all that often. I always felt like he dumped the ball off to Holmes and TG more than anything. I was never confident when he dropped back to throw. His release was so awkward and he threw so many INTs in his first couple of years that my perception may be off, but I don't remember him throwing downfield a lot.

Omaha 09-18-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smiff (Post 9989975)
You can go **** yourself for this statement:

"I would take Smith over Green" was downright reeruned."

You don't even know how to use quotes. You dumb!

Alex Smiff 09-18-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayleswbj (Post 9989925)
As for your point that Alex tanked in the title game, he is the only guy who made a big play to have them in the game. Throw out the comp % , i was at this game and many others in SF, never been in this kind of weather for a football game ever in my life. His 76 yrder to Davis, another 37 yrdr and was winning. No turnovers whatsoever in a defensive battle. It took Eli 58 attempts to get to 300 yrds an avg a meager 5 yrds attempt. Smith did not tank that game at all. I agree with alot of what you say about his play from when he was drafted. But you had to be at that game to see how gritty an tough it was.

GTFOH. He completed just 12 passes the ENTIRE game and just one to a receiver. Was 0 for on 3rd downs. He played terribly but his numbers looked good. It should have never come down to KW fumbles.

He is ass on 3rd downs even in KC. You're not winning anything by being that terrible on 3rd downs too afraid to throw the ball downfield....

Alex Smiff 09-18-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9989984)
You don't even know how to use quotes. You dumb!

OK Einstein :deevee:

BigCatDaddy 09-18-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9989981)
Maybe. I don't remember him throwing to the WRs all that often. I always felt like he dumped the ball off to Holmes and TG more than anything. I was never confident when he dropped back to throw. His release was so awkward and he threw so many INTs in his first couple of years that my perception may be off, but I don't remember him throwing downfield a lot.

The deep outs were a staple of that offense. Kennison resurrected his career with those routes. They did run a lot of screens as well though.

JENKINSWINS 09-18-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smiff (Post 9989957)

The pro-Smith guys have been right all along.

pro-Smith guy - "All he needs is better coaching and consistency in one offensive scheme."

Proof - 21 wins 5 losses

anti-Smith guy - "He sux and always will"

Proof - 21 win 5 losses

I don't see anything wrong with being a fan of a winning QB. Now hating on one is a different story, especially if he was winning as your former QB. The guy was 1 muffed punt away from going to the Superbowl and possibly winning it. You're QB now was the main reason for the loss in Seattle yet you are here mad at Alex.

Go Alex!

Bearcat 09-18-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9989981)

Uh, Green threw for 4500 yards one year and had 5 seasons in a row where he basically threw for 3700+ each season (missed it by 10 yards once), and 4000+ 3 years in a row. I know they had a lot of YAC in that system, but that system stretched the field quite a bit, too. Smith's thrown over 3000 once (3144), and had a pretty good team around him in 2011 and 2012.

Could today's Alex Smith step into Green's shoes in that system and done just as well? No one should even act like they know the answer to that... not impossible by any means, but one hurdle would be that the system sacrifices some efficiency and interceptions for stretching the field, and that's obviously not a known strength of Smith at this point.

BigCatDaddy 09-18-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 9989980)
Actually, I'm leaning towards Smith vs Green being a wash at this point.

Green was clearly a better and more productive passer with more ability to throw downfield accurately, but Smith's scrambling is a real asset to this offense that Green never had.

Mentally they're about the same.

It's close.

LMAO

Bearcat 09-18-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 9990001)

pro-Smith guy - "All he needs is better coaching and consistency in one offensive scheme."

Proof - 21 wins 5 losses

Proof - 21 win 5 losses

I don't see anything wrong with being a fan of a winning QB. Now hating on one is a different story, especially if he was winning as your former QB. The guy was 1 muffed punt away from going to the Superbowl and possibly winning it. You're QB now was the main reason for the loss in Seattle yet you are here mad at Alex.

Go Alex!

Assuming you're not just trolling (I know, big assumption), you should reread the last few days of this thread if you really think the stuff in bold is true or that 21-5 is proof that he can consistently compete with the big boys.

Alex Smiff 09-18-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayleswbj (Post 9989978)
What has he accomplished again? A bit of insight would be helpful. Yes hes got more rushing yards and one more playoff win, but thats in 12 seasons compared to Smiths 8. 2 of which were spent on injured reserve. So please tell me what Vick has accomplished?

What has he accomplished? Well, he went into Lambeau in the playoffs when no one beat GB and beat them.

4 pro bowls, records, etc.

Was out of football for 2 years, came back and not only went to the playoffs, but went to the pro bowl.

It may not look like much but he's had a far more impressive career than your guy.

splatbass 09-18-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9989787)

I think I would feel better about the <b>LONG TERM</b> view of Alice if did what Vick did last week in a loss than what Alice did last week in a win.

So passing yards is more important to you than a win? Really? Strange. Your priorities are ****ed up.

Alex Smiff 09-18-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 9990001)

Proof - 21 wins 5 losses

Proof - 21 win 5 losses

Go Alex!

That record is extremely deceiving. He's been along for the ride on most of those victories.

He rode a top record breaking defense. Top record breaking special teams. Top record breaking running game in 2011.

BigCatDaddy 09-18-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9990020)
So passing yards is more important to you than a win? Really? Strange. Your priorities are ****ed up.

No, the ability to put the team on his back and give them a chance to win is was I'm looking for, not have the rest of the team piggy back the QB. Do you get it now? Because like I've stated before EVENTUALLY he will need to put the team on his back when another aspect of the team faulters. Passing yards(given not garbage time yards) and TD throws/runs are just what happens with a QB puts the team on his back sort of like Vick and Rivers did last week. They aren't holding teams to < 10 points a game avg all year.

ayleswbj 09-18-2013 09:12 AM

yea that was about 13 years ago, if thats the case then lets erase all what Alex did in his career earlier as well. Like i said, hes got one more playoff win than Smith. Pro bowls are a joke. You guys had 6 last year and were 2-14. Vick is a great Athlete who has done nothing to prove he could win a team the Superbowl. His career passing % is just 6 points higher than Tebow, so there ya go and that is a 12 year body of work.

ViperVisor 09-18-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smiff (Post 9990014)
What has he accomplished? Well, he went into Lambeau in the playoffs when no one beat GB and beat them.

http://i.imgur.com/uEyWO9O.jpg

GB had 5 Turnovers

splatbass 09-18-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9990032)
No, the ability to put the team on his back and give them a chance to win is was I'm looking for, not have the rest of the team piggy back the QB. Do you get it now? Because like I've stated before EVENTUALLY he will need to put the team on his back when another aspect of the team faulters. Passing yards(given not garbage time yards) and TD throws/runs are just what happens with a QB puts the team on his back. They aren't holding teams to <10 points a game avg all year.

You put way too much stock in stats. WINS are all that matter. And in the last 3 years Alex Smith has been a winner - and Vick hasn't.

ayleswbj 09-18-2013 09:19 AM

Big C, i do see what your saying about when the time comes, he needs to prove to the fans that he can put them on his back. Years 1-6 I dont think he showed it and also didnt have the personnel to do it. Even when Peyton was a rookie and showed he could do it he still had Harrison, Faulk, Small and a young Pollard. In the last 2 years and even in 2010 Smith showed some flashes of being capable. But you are right, you need to see it with you own eyes while hes in a KC uni. I completely agree with your statement

BigCatDaddy 09-18-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9990042)
You put way too much stock in stats. WINS are all that matter. And in the last 3 years Alex Smith has been a winner - and Vick hasn't.

LMAO

You know who racks up big stats? Brady, Manning, Brees, Adrian Peterson, Jamal Charles, Megatron, Aldon Smith. Stats usually mean you're a pretty damn good player.

You know who has shown the ability to win? Rex Grossman, Trent Dilfer, Steve Bono, Tim Tebow.

I, myself, like to see both.

You know what you are NOT putting enough stock in? The ability to move the ball. That's sort of a good think in football.

BigCatDaddy 09-18-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayleswbj (Post 9990044)
Big C, i do see what your saying about when the time comes, he needs to prove to the fans that he can put them on his back. Years 1-6 I dont think he showed it and also didnt have the personnel to do it. Even when Peyton was a rookie and showed he could do it he still had Harrison, Faulk, Small and a young Pollard. In the last 2 years and even in 2010 Smith showed some flashes of being capable. But you are right, you need to see it with you own eyes while hes in a KC uni. I completely agree with your statement

Thanks man. It's a simple concept that people can't or don't want to grasp.