ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

Saul Good 12-11-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10268628)
And if we are being detailed and thorough I never said "foul" in my original post.

All I said was an "over the back" was missed.

Now, back to the conference realignment thread you go.

It was "missed"? How was it "missed"? Who missed it, and what would have happened had it not been "missed".

It's okay to admit that you didn't realize that you were unaware of the fact that this rule simply doesn't exist...or...you can go full Frankie.

saphojunkie 12-11-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10268639)
Well...if you can't trust the announcer, who can you trust? Never mind that the next words out of his mouth were, "You don't let players decide the game in the sense that, if he fouls, it's a foul."

Clearly, he has the secret rule book page containing the mysterious "over the back" penalty...aka "the Sasquach" rule.

You are so ****ing stupid it's mind boggling.

Ceej 12-11-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10268652)
It was "missed"? How was it "missed"? Who missed it, and what would have happened had it not been "missed".

It's okay to admit that you didn't realize that you were unaware of the fact that this rule simply doesn't exist...or...you can go full Frankie.

Florida's defender had his dick in Ellis' butt. I'm trying to paint you a picture I'm sure you're familiar with. They jumped simultaneously - and he swung his arm over Ellis' head. There was contact. It was a foul. Did I say it was an "over the back" foul?

But, I'm sure you were glued to the tv watching the game with your KU buddies.

Saul Good 12-11-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10268641)
You can go over the opponent's back as long as you don't touch him.

You can reach in as long as there isn't contact.

Neither are fouls.

The moment you get them with the body or touch them, it's a foul. This isn't hard.

That's like bitching because Champ Bailey didn't get called for face guarding. I mean, sure, if Bailey hits Bowe in the helmet while face guarding before the ball gets there, a penalty exists...that doesn't make face guarding illegal in the NFL. It just means he committed a different penalty altogether...different in the sense that...you know...it's an actual penalty.

Saul Good 12-11-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10268663)
Florida's defender had his dick in Ellis' butt. I'm trying to paint you a picture I'm sure you're familiar with. They jumped simultaneously - and he swung his arm over Ellis' head. There was contact. It was a foul. Did I say it was an "over the back" foul?

But, I'm sure you were glued to the tv watching the game with your KU buddies.

Yes. The quoted portion is exactly what you posted.

And no, I wasn't watching it with my KU friends. I was watching it in a bar in Wisconsin. None of my KU friends bitch about non-existent rules.

The whole "dick in butt" thing is called boxing out by Ellis. It's just as illegal for a player to box out as it is for a player to go over the back...ie, it's not illegal.

Silock 12-11-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10268670)
That's like bitching because Champ Bailey didn't get called for face guarding. I mean, sure, if Bailey hits Bowe in the helmet while face guarding before the ball gets there, a penalty exists...that doesn't make face guarding illegal in the NFL. It just means he committed a different penalty altogether...different in the sense that...you know...it's an actual penalty.

Look, you cannot go over an opponent's back in the sense that you cannot push them or make illegal contact in any way. Vertical is fine, but horizontal displacement is not. That's a foul.

That's what people are talking about when they cry "Over the back!" They're not saying that it's a foul because the opponent is behind the player; they're saying it because illegal contact occurred from behind.

What it's called is completely irrelevant. A foul is a foul.

Saul Good 12-11-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10268683)
Look, you cannot go over an opponent's back in the sense that you cannot push them or make illegal contact in any way. Vertical is fine, but horizontal displacement is not. That's a foul.

That's what people are talking about when they cry "Over the back!" They're not saying that it's a foul because the opponent is behind the player; they're saying it because illegal contact occurred from behind.

What it's called is completely irrelevant. A foul is a foul.

Hmmm,

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10268615)
You're a complete ****ing idiot. I'm truly blown away. You actually know nothing about basketball.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Bs2QbsQS-Jw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ceej 12-11-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10268680)
Yes. The quoted portion is exactly what you posted.

And no, I wasn't watching it with my KU friends. I was watching it in a bar in Wisconsin. None of my KU friends bitch about non-existent rules.

You are terrible at misinterpreting then. It happens on the Internet.

But, -- of course, the whistle wasn't blown so it wasn't a foul when clearly it was. There was contact and the defender was over the back -- which again, I never called it an over the back foul.

Saul Good 12-11-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10268694)
You are terrible at misinterpreting then. It happens on the Internet.

But, -- of course, the whistle wasn't blown so it wasn't a foul when clearly it was. There was contact and the defender was over the back -- which again, I never called it an over the back foul.

Okay, Frankie.

Ceej 12-11-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10268699)
Okay, Frankie.

Okay, worthless.

Silock 12-11-2013 01:45 PM

He called it "over the back," but the portion he pointed out was when the player FROM BEHIND displaced the opponent and made illegal contact.

That's a foul, clear as day. If he had jumped straight up, there wouldn't have been a problem with the no-call.

Mr. Plow 12-11-2013 01:51 PM

Wait, what? You can't go through a player to get a rebound....that's called a foul.

EDIT: I quoted the wrong one. This is directly at Saul, not Silock.

Lzen 12-11-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10268287)
You are right, I didn't even think of that. Looks like it has to be FLA. I'd hate to see some shitbox team come into Mecca. Although itd be funny as hell for the SEC to sacrifice the Mizzouchebags to the altar with no return trip back to CoMo

Self talked on his radio show the other day that KU does have a say in it and that they won't be playing MU, period.

noa 12-11-2013 01:58 PM

Over the back is absolutely a foul. It's just not a literal term, it refers to what Silock described. Anyone who claims there's no such foul is ignorant of the terminology and rules.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen 12-11-2013 01:59 PM

Saul is trying to make himself look smart, but it's actually doing the opposite.

Ceej 12-11-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10268743)
Saul is trying to make himself look smart, but it's actually doing the opposite.

How much money do you think he's bringing in being a rec league ref?

Lzen 12-11-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10268760)

I heard he got fired from that job for not knowing the rules.

Ceej 12-11-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10268784)
I heard he got fired from that job for not knowing the rules.

He seems like a good guy.

He can probably land on with a church league, or something.

Saul Good 12-11-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10268760)

I don't officiate basketball, but I do coach. Want to make sure a ref doesn't take you seriously? Use the term "over the back" in front of him, and watch him smirk at the other officials.

Ceej 12-11-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10268802)
I don't officiate basketball, but I do coach. Want to make sure a ref doesn't take you seriously? Use the term "over the back" in front of him, and watch him smirk at the other officials.

I will be sure to get right on that.

So, what do you call it when two players go up, (one's dick in the other's butt -- I know you like that) and the person behind the player boxing out has his arms flailing all over the player who has the correct position?

I want to be sure so when I am at my next game I don't yell "over the back" and the officials look at me funny.

noa 12-11-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

I have no idea what you're talking about. I've played and coached basketball, and I've heard the term used by refs. Maybe they're smirking for other reasons.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Plow 12-11-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

The term "Over the back" isn't a new or made up term in basketball. It's been around awhile.

Pablo 12-11-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 10268830)
I have no idea what you're talking about. I've played and coached basketball, and I've heard the term used by refs. Maybe they're smirking for other reasons.
Posted via Mobile Device

They're smirking because Saul is wearing his MU shirt and KU hat while coaching. They know he's confused.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-11-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10268965)
They're smirking because Saul is wearing his MU shirt and KU hat while coaching. They know he's confused.

Man that's like being a meth dealer @ a Drug free school... just can't be true.

Saul Good 12-11-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10268874)
The term "Over the back" isn't a new or made up term in basketball. It's been around awhile.

It's been around for a while because lots of peewee leagues have it as an actual rule. It's the basketball equivalent of putting red Xs on the helmets of kids who are too big to carry the football. The rule is designed to make sure that the tallest kid in second grade can't completely dominate the smaller kids on the court. It simply doesn't exist in the NBA...or college...or high school...or middle school.

That's why it's so dumb to cling to his comment. The rule exists...just not how many casual (to use a nice term) basketball fans think it exists. It is not simply the same thing as calling a push in the back.

Here's a handy guide...

There is no such thing as "face guarding" in the NFL.

Simply pushing someone in the back in football is not "clipping".

Neither is simply blocking below the waist.

Faking a throw to third base before wheeling around to check the runner on first base is not a balk in baseball.

Shuffling your feet before inbounding the ball from the sideline is not a travel. (You can move your feet all you want as long as you don't deviate from the general area.)

"Over the back" doesn't exist beyond peewee basketball.

Many of you just learned something, but none of you will admit it.

Reerun_KC 12-11-2013 03:29 PM

LMAO

Buehler445 12-11-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

So do you coach your players on offense (that's when your team has the ball) and a shot goes up to just plow through the guy that is blocking them out? There's no foul there so you say.

You can be a decent poster if you get over yourself. But you're flat out wrong. Defense blocks offense out. As long as the defensive blockout is between the ball and the offensive man, if the offensive man goes through the defensive man's box out its a foul. Every day of the week at every level (except maybe NBA. I don't watch that shit). If the ball is straight above the two players, they can jump without a foul. Doesn't have to be the defensive man blocking out either. If the offensive man has position the defensive man can be called for a foul. It's been that way in division 1 ball forever. Hell, the Morrises did it all the time. And it was called a foul.

noa 12-11-2013 03:36 PM

Obviously, you didn't read what people are actually saying. You're just arguing a dumb point that no one here is contesting. Over the back is not a literal term, and you can't seriously argue that the conduct connoted by the term isn't a foul.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saul Good 12-11-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10269008)
So do you coach your players on offense (that's when your team has the ball) and a shot goes up to just plow through the guy that is blocking them out? There's no foul there so you say.

You can be a decent poster if you get over yourself. But you're flat out wrong. Defense blocks offense out. As long as the defensive blockout is between the ball and the offensive man, if the offensive man goes through the defensive man's box out its a foul. Every day of the week at every level (except maybe NBA. I don't watch that shit). If the ball is straight above the two players, they can jump without a foul. Doesn't have to be the defensive man blocking out either. If the offensive man has position the defensive man can be called for a foul. It's been that way in division 1 ball forever. Hell, the Morrises did it all the time. And it was called a foul.

I don't coach my players to push people in the back. When my players get pushed in the back, I don't expect the ref to call a balk.

I'm making no judgment as to whether or not there was a foul on the play. I'm saying that you aren't going to get very far begging for the enforcement of non-existent rules.

Buehler445 12-11-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10269022)
I don't coach my players to push people in the back. When my players get pushed in the back, I don't expect the ref to call a balk.

I'm making no judgment as to whether or not there was a foul on the play. I'm saying that you aren't going to get very far begging for the enforcement of non-existent rules.

If it's not a rule, why don't you coach your players to jump on everybody's back? It clearly gives you an advantage over a defensive player that is executing a proper block out.

Mr. Plow 12-11-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10269022)

Call it a push, call it over the back, call it penis in the butt - the contact makes it a foul. You cannot go THROUGH another player to get the ball. It's not a hard thing to understand.

Saul Good 12-11-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 10269014)
Obviously, you didn't read what people are actually saying. You're just arguing a dumb point that no one here is contesting. Over the back is not a literal term.
Posted via Mobile Device

Over the back is, in fact, a literal term...just as face guarding is a literal term...just as a balk is a literal term...just as clipping is a literal term. None of them happen to pertain to college basketball, though.

Hearing someone cry about "over the back" is something I expect to hear when watching a game with a bunch of girls in the room who might watch two games a year...just as I know that every time I see a pitcher fake a throw to third and spin around towards first, I'm going to hear a bunch of people scream for a balk. It's like an alarm for people who don't really understand the game they're watching. At some point, if you're going to keep watching the games, someone needs to say, "hey, dude...that isn't a rule".

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-11-2013 03:48 PM

You guys are cracking me up.

Saul wins the 12/11/2013 most successful troll award! ;)

Bo's Pelini and Prison Bitch are slipping.

Silock 12-11-2013 03:50 PM

There's no need to be intentionally obtuse. When people say the term, they are complaining about the contact, not a literal interpretation of the words "over the back."

Mr. Plow 12-11-2013 03:56 PM

It shall henceforth be known as "Penis in the butt foul"

KCUnited 12-11-2013 03:57 PM

Ellis isn't much of a bruiser, I'd utilize his finesse with a couple sky hooks inside.

Saul Good 12-11-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10269034)
Call it a push, call it over the back, call it penis in the butt - the contact makes it a foul. You cannot go THROUGH another player to get the ball. It's not a hard thing to understand.

You can call it whatever you want. I recommend against calling it by something that ceased being a rule back in grammar school, but that's just me. There's always "that guy" bitching about the refs not calling 75 fouls/penalties per game on the other team irrespective of whether or not the rule in question even exists. Hell, Arrowhead would be empty without "that guy". Every team has "that guy" as a fan. Usually, somebody eventually pulls him aside and explains why, in 20, 30, 40, 50 years of watching the game, no college official has ever called over the back, and no umpire has called the third to first pick off play a balk.

When nobody helps out "that guy", you end up with "whoooooo" being yelled after every Rock Chalk chant.

Saul Good 12-11-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10269074)

Sir, we have a deal.

Prison Bitch 12-11-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10269074)

"GAY-hawks!"

Bearcat 12-11-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10269082)
When nobody helps out "that guy", you end up with "whoooooo" being yelled after every Rock Chalk chant.

I laughed.

CoMoChief 12-11-2013 04:28 PM

Eh not too worried. They're going to start rolling at the right time and that's all I care about.

Ceej 12-11-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10269053)
There's no need to be intentionally obtuse. When people say the term, they are complaining about the contact, not a literal interpretation of the words "over the back."

This.

Ceej 12-11-2013 04:59 PM

I can't wait to holler out loud about a referee missing an obvious "Penis in the butt" foul.

Maybe during our get together in Topeka for the Longhorns game.

Mr. Plow 12-11-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10269229)
I can't wait to holler out loud about a referee missing an obvious "Penis in the butt" foul.

Maybe during our get together in Topeka for the Longhorns game.

"Man, what the ****?!? That was CLEARLY a penis in the butt foul!!"

Braincase 12-11-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10268987)
"Over the back" doesn't exist beyond peewee basketball.

Many of you just learned something, but none of you will admit it.

My daughter will be so relieved. Can she quote you next time she gets called for it?

Imon Yourside 12-11-2013 11:42 PM

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/121...c_j2El6x0Qyu6G

LMAO

RustShack 12-11-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 10268451)
It's the SEC\BigXII challenge, they wouldn't have a choice. It's seeded by the placement of the teams the previous year within the conference

Lol

Mr. Plow 12-12-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 10270291)

:LOL:

Buehler445 12-12-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 10270291)

Nice.

Imon Yourside 12-12-2013 08:34 AM

Didn't know Matta went that way, has to help recruiting with a few.

Lzen 12-12-2013 09:21 AM

Gives new meaning to the term Buckeyes.

Imon Yourside 12-12-2013 09:28 AM

I can't remember the last time coach was all up on my di....ummmmmm.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-12-2013 02:40 PM

JayhawkSlant‏@JayhawkSlant2m
#kubball players had team meeting yesterday. More when I get home. Shay

JayhawkSlant‏@JayhawkSlant2m
It was team meeting only, according to @PElliz. #kubball Shay

RustShack 12-12-2013 02:45 PM

Iowa State had two player only meetings last year to sort out problems and differences. They really came together and came out hot after those. People probably think they are worthless and normal, but it can really really help when we have a bunch of egos and new faces like we did with all the transfers.

Bambi 12-12-2013 03:10 PM

http://worldonline.media.clients.ell...6f48523261b548

saphojunkie 12-12-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10271569)

If Mason could become half the player sherron was... I'd be elated.

Sherron Collins is far and away my favorite player of all time at KU. I enjoyed watching him play more than any other.

Sniff...

saphojunkie 12-12-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10271526)
Iowa State had two player only meetings last year to sort out problems and differences. They really came together and came out hot after those. People probably think they are worthless and normal, but it can really really help when we have a bunch of egos and new faces like we did with all the transfers.

I totally buy it. Leadership to me is ownership. You have to have ownership of the team, the practices, the games. I really hope the team meeting went something like "Is anybody going to be upset with Andrew if he just starts taking over games from tip off and scoring 30 points?" And everyone says no. And then Wiggins is like, "thank god."

And then they all went and did the rebounding tip drill for seven hours.

sedated 12-12-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10271526)
People probably think they are worthless and normal, but it can really really help

There was the infamous KU team meeting after the Oklahoma State loss in 2008, at Henry T's in Lawrence. IIRC, they didn't lose another game on the way to the title.

Mr. Laz 12-12-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10271618)
I totally buy it. Leadership to me is ownership. You have to have ownership of the team, the practices, the games. I really hope the team meeting went something like "Is anybody going to be upset with Andrew if he just starts taking over games from tip off and scoring 30 points?" And everyone says no. And then Wiggins is like, "thank god."

And then they all went and did the rebounding tip drill for seven hours.

Didn't Wiggins start trying to 'take over' during the Florida game and end up dribbling into crowds and turning the ball over?

Bambi 12-12-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 10271624)
There was the infamous KU team meeting after the Oklahoma State loss in 2008, at Henry T's in Lawrence. IIRC, they didn't lose another game on the way to the title.

Oh yea I remember that. They ordered up a bunch of wings and shit.

saphojunkie 12-12-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComoLaz (Post 10271634)
Didn't Wiggins start trying to 'take over' during the Florida game and end up dribbling into crowds and turning the ball over?

No, he hit three straight NBA range threes, drew fouls, hit his free throws, and singlehandedly brought his team within striking distance before Brannen Greene and Naadir Tharpe dribbled into crowds and turned the ball over.

Learn to restrict yourself when you have no idea what you're talking about.

Pablo 12-12-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10271771)
No, he hit three straight NBA range threes, drew fouls, hit his free throws, and singlehandedly brought his team within striking distance before Brannen Greene and Naadir Tharpe dribbled into crowds and turned the ball over.

Learn to restrict yourself when you have no idea what you're talking about.

You do realize who you're talking to and why his name is ComoLaz, correct?

KC_Connection 12-12-2013 08:05 PM

Never go full Como, Laz.

BWillie 12-13-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10271569)

Beautiful. Really excited for Frank to become an amazing 4 year player. Just remember, he's so young. He's playing way more than Collins ever did as a freshman as well. His last few games haven't been the best, but he'll continue to get better and better.

BWillie 12-13-2013 07:50 PM

Iowa vs Iowa State tonight at Hilton

Who takes it? So hard to say with Iowa State. Their high variance 3 point chucking scheme has got to be a nightmare for sports betters.

KC_Connection 12-13-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10275397)
Iowa vs Iowa State tonight at Hilton

Who takes it? So hard to say with Iowa State. Their high variance 3 point chucking scheme has got to be a nightmare for sports betters.

It's generally pretty safe going with the home team at Hilton unless KU is playing.

KC_Connection 12-13-2013 10:49 PM

ISU wins as expected, but rush the court?

Buehler445 12-13-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10275712)
ISU wins as expected, but rush the court?

Heh.

ISU is going to be tough to beat on any given night, but damn, they didn't play any defense.

Iowa looked bad. Really slow and nonathletic.

KC_Connection 12-13-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10275720)
Heh.

ISU is going to be tough to beat on any given night, but damn, they didn't play any defense.

Compared to ISU, they are slow and nonathletic. Most teams are in comparison. But they're good. Both of them are.

I don't know if ISU loses a game at home this season. They only lost one last year. Maybe if Smart or Wiggins/Embiid go off it could happen.

The B12, on the whole, is looking better than I thought it would be. Only KSU has really been worse than expected.

Buehler445 12-13-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10275731)
Compared to ISU, they are slow and nonathletic. Most teams are in comparison. But they're good. Both of them are.

I don't know if ISU loses a game at home this season. They only lost one last year. Maybe if Smart or Wiggins/Embiid go off it could happen.

The B12, on the whole, is looking better than I thought it would be. Only KSU has really been worse than expected.

It is still early, but they had some really terrible possessions. They're beatable, but it will take a disciplined game, and KU probably doesn't have the discipline to do it. And ISU will probably make everything that gets within 5 feet of the bucket when KU is in town.

KC_Connection 12-13-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10275768)
It is still early, but they had some really terrible possessions. They're beatable, but it will take a disciplined game, and KU probably doesn't have the discipline to do it. And ISU will probably make everything that gets within 5 feet of the bucket when KU is in town.

Especially if Embiid is on the bench with foul trouble and not in the game (which is likely at Hilton). ISU was certainly not the better team at all tonight, but they found a way to win. They generally do there.

BWillie 12-14-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10275720)
Heh.

I came away from that game thinking the complete opposite about Iowa. They look like a Top 20 team for sure to me. They came into a hornets nest and very well should have won the game. Aaron White is a beast, hardley unathletic. One of the most athletic players in the B10.

RustShack 12-14-2013 01:03 AM

I can't believe how bad Iowa State was at free throws. Most of our threes weren't falling either. Still pulled it off though, couldn't have happened with last years squad in that situation. But Hilton Magic is real!

Buehler445 12-14-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10275848)
I came away from that game thinking the complete opposite about Iowa. They look like a Top 20 team for sure to me. They came into a hornets nest and very well should have won the game. Aaron White is a beast, hardley unathletic. One of the most athletic players in the B10.

That red haired kid? Good lord he was slow. They didn't cover him but that doesn't mean he's athletic. He's got a brain in his skull, and he's definitely no scrub, but that dude is slow.

Buehler445 12-14-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10275867)
I can't believe how bad Iowa State was at free throws. Most of our threes weren't falling either. Still pulled it off though, couldn't have happened with last years squad in that situation. But Hilton Magic is real!

Yeah. Good win for you guys. Iowa is a smart good team. You guys close up some defensive lapses and you win by double digits. ISU will be scary if they D up.

Hopefully KU was watching ISU rock the press.

Buehler445 12-14-2013 08:51 AM

What channel is the game in tonight?

DJay23 12-14-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10276027)
What channel is the game in tonight?

ESPN2

Buehler445 12-14-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 10276058)
ESPN2

Thanks.

Prison Bitch 12-14-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10275867)

It's not very real when Kansas comes to town though. Then it turns into "Hilton Tragic"

RustShack 12-14-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10276143)
It's not very real when Kansas comes to town though. Then it turns into "Hilton Tragic"

Lol we'll see about that this year. I'm guessing the refs won't give you the game again this year. But since you already have three losses you'll need all the help you can get again.