ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

Dr. Johnny Fever 02-14-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8373820)
15.... Haha.

Are you serious?

Dr. Johnny Fever 02-14-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8373817)
23 here.

Poor kid. You should go back a few pages and watch the videos I posted from the '85 playoffs and WS. They still give me chills today. Proof that great Royals teams did in fact exist once, heh.

Simplicity 02-14-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. noonanbeermefever (Post 8373843)
Are you serious?

11/21/96.

Dr. Johnny Fever 02-14-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8373853)
11/21/96.

Good God you're a month and a half older than my daughter.

:facepalm:

ChiefsCountry 02-14-2012 07:56 PM

I'm 27. I remember the 94 team really well. That team was clicking at the right time and had the pitching to do damage in the playoffs. Appier, Cone, Gubs, and Tom Gordon.

stonedstooge 02-14-2012 07:57 PM

Heard on KC radio today that Dayton Moore, at a luncheon or some speaking engagement, stated that he doesn't expect to compete this year or next year. I don't mind taking the role of underdog, but damn man, set the bar a little higher than that

Simplicity 02-14-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. noonanbeermefever (Post 8373870)
Good God you're a month and a half older than my daughter.

:facepalm:

She hawt??? Nawh just jokin :p ... I plan on being a Sports Analysist when grow.
Majoring in Statistics and Minoring in Broadcasting... Decided to start early by becoming a member on some sports forums for my favorite teams.

Chief_For_Life58 02-14-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8373884)
She hawt??? Nawh just jokin :p ... I plan on being a Sports Analysist when grow.
Majoring in Statistics and Minoring in Broadcasting... Decided to start early by becoming a member on some sports forums for my favorite teams.

graduate high school first

Dr. Johnny Fever 02-14-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8373884)

She's way out of your league young man.

;)

Good luck with the career choice. I know a little something about broadcasting, although not sports broadcasting persay. My advice is to pronouce "W" like it's supposed to be pronounced. It's double-you... not dubba-you or dubba-ya or anything but double-you. Little things like that can be the difference between working where you want instead of where you have to.

Dr. Johnny Fever 02-14-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 8373902)

I'm sure he will. It's good when kids have that good of a grasp on their future that soon. My daughter is the same age and the same way. I think it helps her to be and stay focused on what she needs to do to get there.

Simplicity 02-14-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 8373902)

At this rate... I have no worries.

Chief_For_Life58 02-14-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. noonanbeermefever (Post 8373927)
I'm sure he will. It's good when kids have that good of a grasp on their future that soon. My daughter is the same age and the same way. I think it helps her to be and stay focused on what she needs to do to get there.

focus is good but u just need to be thinking about having fun with your friends, getting good grades, and putting as much effort as you can into your passions (sports, clubs, whatever). Have fun dude your in high school. Some of the best times of peoples lifes. Enjoy it!

Dr. Johnny Fever 02-14-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 8373958)
focus is good but u just need to be thinking about having fun with your friends, getting good grades, and putting as much effort as you can into your passions (sports, clubs, whatever). Have fun dude your in high school. Some of the best times of peoples lifes. Enjoy it!

You can't do both? My kid has more fun than I ever did in high school and I wasn't even really trying at the school part.

Simplicity 02-14-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. noonanbeermefever (Post 8373962)
You can't do both? My kid has more fun than I ever did in high school and I wasn't even really trying at the school part.

I think I'm having a BLAST... I'm a very talented athlete... Freshmen QB (Football), Point Guard (Basketball), Average Golfer, Center Fielder/ Pitcher (Left Handers don't play infield, duh :rolleyes: )

Sports is my life so I'm enjoying HS alot!

EDIT: I'm also in our HS's Student Council so I'm "popular" too, I guess.

Dr. Johnny Fever 02-14-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8373970)
I think I'm having a BLAST... I'm a very talented athlete... Freshmen QB (Football), Point Guard (Basketball), Average Golfer, Center Fielder/ Pitcher (Left Handers don't play infield, duh :rolleyes: )

Sports is my life so I'm enjoying HS alot!

EDIT: I'm also in our HS's Student Council so I'm "popular" too, I guess.

Good for you.