ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Nuclear emergency declared at quake-damaged reactor (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242615)

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-16-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7493215)
prove it

ROFL

Go to Aiken, South Carolina and run some tests on the groundwater supply. That'll be a good start.

Dartgod 03-16-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange (Post 7493766)
Er, no. Here's a nice summary from yesterday.

Now, what's more likely - that the earthquake we know happened somehow broke something causing that leak, or that something completely unrelated and unrepeatable coincidentally took place at the same time?

OK, but this professor was involved in the building of the plant, but has not been involved in any of the activity post-earthquake/tsunami. So it is just speculation, no? Or has there been an official report from the site that this is what happened and I missed it?

orange 03-16-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 7493787)
OK, but this professor was involved in the building of the plant, but has not been involved in any of the activity post-earthquake/tsunami. So it is just speculation, no? Or has there been an official report from the site that this is what happened and I missed it?

No, it's not "just speculation." It's informed analysis. Unless the operators short-circuited the safety measures, the professor knows the safety measures that were there and what they were supposed to do. If the ops DID short-circuit things, then we have a whole new ballgame.

As for official report - no one's actually inside these buildings. It will be months or years before they can get any kind of direct information to work with.

Dartgod 03-16-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange (Post 7493813)
No, it's not "just speculation." It's informed analysis. Unless the operators short-circuited the safety measures, the professor knows the safety measures that were there and what they were supposed to do. If the ops DID short-circuit things, then we have a whole new ballgame.

As for official report - no one's actually inside these buildings. It will be months or years before they can get any kind of direct information to work with.

Call it what you want, but unless he is actually on site, it's speculation. It may be that he's right since he has inside knowledge of the plant, but he can't say that with certainty.

Quote:

A professor from Japan's Atomic Energy Commission, whom was involved in the construction of the Fukushima plants, said he thinks the cooling water somehow leaked from the reactor.
There it is.

orange 03-16-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 7493840)
Call it what you want, but unless he is actually on site, it's speculation. It may be that he's right since he has inside knowledge of the plant, but he can't say that with certainty.

There it is.

The alternative is that everything is working exactly as designed - and it's still not enough.

Amnorix 03-16-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange (Post 7493847)
The alternative is that everything is working exactly as designed - and it's still not enough.

I think the altnerative is what Dartgod said, and what I said earlier -- that it may be that the only reason the plant is having all these troubles is because the cooling systems were knocked offline by (1) main reactor power -- due to SCRAM, (2) disel generators -- by tsunami, (3) batteries -- unknown, but either tsunami or running out of power.

Dylan 03-16-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7493647)
On the plus side, this could really help alleviate California's overwrought public pension burden.

If we could just send 50,000 California government retirees on a beach vacation on March 18, we might be onto something...

LMAO

Just Passin' By 03-16-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

More comments from the NRC chair, says spent fuel pool at Reactor 4 has no water, radiation levels are "extremely high"
http://live.reuters.com/Event/Japan_earthquake2

WoodDraw 03-16-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7493965)

Also says radiation is extremely high (on site, of course) and may impact ability to do anything about it. Recommends US citizens within 80km leave.

No water is, well, not good...

DaFace 03-16-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 7493979)
Also says radiation is extremely high (on site, of course) and may impact ability to do anything about it. Recommends US citizens within 80km leave.

No water is, well, not good...

Maybe someone should go pee on it.

googlegoogle 03-16-2011 12:37 PM

Who was right about how bad this was going to get?

I said so and got banned and punished for it by idiot mods.

Just Passin' By 03-16-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by googlegoogle (Post 7494009)

I see you're already on your way to another banning. Way to come out of the penalty box swinging! :thumb:

ChiTown 03-16-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

:harumph:

Nightfyre 03-16-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

ROFL you said it had already happened, which wasn't true. Further, I believe you were banned by infractions from users, not moderators.

googlegoogle 03-16-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7494010)
I see you're already on your way to another banning. Way to come out of the penalty box swinging! :thumb:

:spock:
So we no recourse or defense allowed here?