ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Elder Scrolls V (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209317)

allen_kcCard 11-22-2011 01:55 PM

Looking now, and do you mean the enchantment of fortify destruction?

I can put that on my headpiece, and with my best soul shard can get 8% less mana for casting destruction, but it won't let me do those same things on my head or chest.

I don't have this whole filling soulshards thing figured out either. I have a staff of binding, and some dragon kept resisting me on it, and a random mage I was fighting it told me I didn't have a great enough empty soul shard to store his soul.

Frazod 11-22-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 8133121)
I have a lot of enchants, but not that 25% one you mention...mostly crap ones. I am at about 30 enchanting, I must not be doing something right with it...mostly just disenchanting stuff instead of selling it.

You need to get your score up, and for stuff you're going to keep yourself, use grand soul gems. For the stuff you're selling, use the lesser ones.

I have a soul-stealing bow that I use with great effect. Mammoths produce grand souls (and the giants too, I think), so if you find the typical giant herding two mammoth things, I find a safe perch and waste the lot of them.

Greasing extinct species FTW! :thumb:

Pants 11-22-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8133167)
You need to get your score up, and for stuff you're going to keep yourself, use grand soul gems. For the stuff you're selling, use the lesser ones.

I have a soul-stealing bow that I use with great effect. Mammoths produce grand souls (and the giants too, I think), so if you find the typical giant herding two mammoth things, I find a safe perch and waste the lot of them.

Greasing extinct species FTW! :thumb:

Do they respawn or are they limited?

Frazod 11-22-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8133172)
Do they respawn or are they limited?

Not sure.

drunkie 11-22-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 8133157)
Looking now, and do you mean the enchantment of fortify destruction?

I can put that on my headpiece, and with my best soul shard can get 8% less mana for casting destruction, but it won't let me do those same things on my head or chest.

I don't have this whole filling soulshards thing figured out either. I have a staff of binding, and some dragon kept resisting me on it, and a random mage I was fighting it told me I didn't have a great enough empty soul shard to store his soul.

you must up your skill levels to get the max 25%. like the other guys said use the grand charms. also use

here is a guide for you guys so you know how to get the max gear

1. Once you have 100 in each skill. plus the perks to boost it
2. Enchant fortify alchemy helm, ring, gloves + necklace. The buff should be +25 on each for + 100 total.
3. Put on the gear and make 4 fortify enchant potions (+ 27ish?)
4. Use those potions to make better fortify alchemy gear. Note... You have to be quick because you only have 30 seconds per potion.
5. Use that gear to make better fortify enchanting potions...
6. Keep repeating 4 - 5 until you can make fortify alchemy + 29 on each piece (116 total)
7. Use 4 +32 enchanting pots to create fortify smithing rings, neck, gloves and chest.
8. Make some fortify smithing potions (+130% with your alchemy gear)
9. Craft daedric armor, shield and weapon.
10. Put on your smithing gear, drink the potion (130 + 116 = +246% to smithing), then improve your weapons.
11. Make about 10 enchanting potions (+32)
12. Enchant your gear with the enchants you want

this gives you huge boosts . here is an example of gear made like this. my friend made these he didn't even cap them they can be boosted more if he really wanted to

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/p...drunk/gear.jpg

Pants 11-22-2011 02:31 PM

LOL

That is entirely too much work when you're already going to be overpowered even without the maxed out items.

drunkie 11-22-2011 02:38 PM

the giants do repawns. i am not sure of the timer. read a random post claiming. it is every in game month the world repopulates

drunkie 11-22-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8133248)
LOL

That is entirely too much work when you're already going to be overpowered even without the maxed out items.

i agree with you sir. i am way to lazy to do it myself. but it can be done pretty easy as you max your smithing,enchanting,an beer making.

Sofa King 11-22-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 8133264)
the giants do repawns. i am not sure of the timer. read a random post claiming. it is every in game month the world repopulates

http://www.sugarpopphotography.com/w...s-Rich_240.jpg

frankotank 11-22-2011 03:07 PM

this has been some interesting reading. I've exhausted both Batman games. on to the next.
so......
MW3 or Skyrim? what say ye?

Pants 11-22-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8133353)
this has been some interesting reading. I've exhausted both Batman games. on to the next.
so......
MW3 or Skyrim? what say ye?

Should I eat steak or lobster tonight? What say ye?

frankotank 11-22-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8133393)
Should I eat steak or lobster tonight? What say ye?

I ate NINE lobsters for dinner once! I SHIT YOU NOT! what meow bitches?!

(never do that again...)

Setsuna 11-22-2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 8132348)
As an example, I just went in to a kill X bandit leader quest, and was doing fine taking on two bandits per room going in. Then I get to the last one and there are 5 people. I blast the hell out of the first couple and hurt the third, and am OOM. Lydia traps me from going back out of the room, so I have to run on in and run up and kill the one I hurt with my axe and there are two left. Lydia goes down in a heap while I use a the last of my mana to heal since I was pretty hurt from another caster that was hitting me and I try to use some potions to get mana back up and get my power to regen magic going as well. I zap once, and then one of the melee against me comes up and nails me with a hit that ends it....now doing the whole thing over again since I didn't save before the last room.

I drank about 10 minor healing potions, 4-5 to get magic back up, and still died. Bah.

Being a werewolf solves ALL your problems.

Setsuna 11-22-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 8128767)
you guys should not hide from giants. farm them they are one of the best ways to get gold fast. they also always have hides so you can level your smithing. i have the game on the master level an i still 1 shot the giants. the giants hit hard but they never get close to me. sneak an arrow to the head. smithing an enchanting is your friend
make a cheap set of leather armor an fill it with max smithing enchants an so on i think you get the point. also use enchant and blacksmith potion. when your enchanting max out enchanting so your enchants are more powerful. when sharpen your armor do all the smithing stuff. when done right you can make stuff like this.

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/p...andmemaker.jpg
that is a sword a friend of mines made doing this

i like the game it is great in so many areas. but it is just reerunly easy. i stopped playing as i done pretty much all of the real quests already. i am not doing the endless random ones. an i skipped the bards cuz well they just seemed to gay

If it's so easy, play another character and go full caster, full warrior, full thief, full archer, and even moreso go full conjurer, full destruction, full dw, full 2h, full sword/shield. I mean seriously. You aren't very imaginative. Just throw the game away.:shake:

Buck 11-22-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8133593)
If it's so easy, play another character and go full caster, full warrior, full thief, full archer, and even moreso go full conjurer, full destruction, full dw, full 2h, full sword/shield. I mean seriously. You aren't very imaginative. Just throw the game away.:shake:

Yeah, and turn the ****ing difficulty up to Master and see what happens.