ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV HBO greenlights A Game of Thrones pilot! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=196570)

Swanman 04-25-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 7589447)
Yeah, they didn't really explain that like they did in the book. Each region's bastard name is fitting for the area, like they are a child of the area itself. Snow for the north, because well, it is the north.

Others that might show up are Pyke, Rivers, Stone, Flowers, Storm, Hill, and Sand.

I think we will be seeing Mya Stone soon enough, maybe within 3 episodes. If they have her on the show, that is. She is a fairly minor character.

Huffmeister 04-25-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 7589447)
Yeah, they didn't really explain that like they did in the book. Each region's bastard name is fitting for the area, like they are a child of the area itself. Snow for the north, because well, it is the north.

Others that might show up are Pyke, Rivers, Stone, Flowers, Storm, Hill, and Sand.

Ha! Further proof that Philip Rivers is a bastard!

Huffmeister 04-25-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 7589473)
I think we will be seeing Mya Stone soon enough, maybe within 3 episodes. If they have her on the show, that is. She is a fairly minor character.

Who is she? I don't remember her at all.

TrickyNicky 04-25-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 7589506)

Another of Robert's bastards. She is the pathfinder up the mountain passes to the Eyrie.

allen_kcCard 04-25-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 7589506)

At the Eyrie....going into some spoilers, so I'll say more in Spoilers

Spoiler!

allen_kcCard 04-25-2011 09:42 AM

Would it be a good idea to start up a spoiler free thread for talking about up to the current episodes? There is a lot I'd like to talk about with people that have read the books, but don't want to mess it up for people. Might be good to change this title to say there are spoilers here, and another that is supposed to be spoiler free.

Swanman 04-25-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 7589521)
Would it be a good idea to start up a spoiler free thread for talking about up to the current episodes? There is a lot I'd like to talk about with people that have read the books, but don't want to mess it up for people. Might be good to change this title to say there are spoilers here, and another that is supposed to be spoiler free.

I second the idea for a spoilerific thread. The thread may be best for folks that have read all the books so far. I would hate to spoil something that happened in Swords or Feast for those that are still making their way through the books.

allen_kcCard 04-25-2011 09:48 AM

This might be a good one to talk about spoilers, I know early on a lot of people in here talked it up as they were reading the books. Anyone in here that can change this title to say Spoilers in it?

Then we can start a new thread specific for no spoilers.

kcxiv 04-25-2011 03:33 PM

I know nothign about this show other then the 2 episode that have came out and i am loving it.

http://www.malwaresite.org/forums/attac...xygrinding.gif HOT

WoodDraw 04-25-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7588872)
The stuff with Daenerys was always the least interesting to me, at least early on in the books (got into it more later...). So that's probably part of the reason that it felt like the episode started a little slowly. But damn if it didn't end strong. Everything with the dire wolves was note perfect.

Yes. Reading her chapters always annoyed me in the books. "Okay, how long until I get back to the characters I give a shit about." So far, same thing in the TV show.

Frazod 04-25-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 7590824)
Yes. Reading her chapters always annoyed me in the books. "Okay, how long until I get back to the characters I give a shit about." So far, same thing in the TV show.

I'd rather read whole book about Daenerys than a chapter about Sansa.

keg in kc 04-25-2011 06:52 PM

Sansa, much like Dany, grows on me by the 4th book.

Hell, I even like the Kingslayer now.

The character development in the series is second to none.

Buck 04-25-2011 07:00 PM

I got about 30% through the first book and then said **** it and decided to wait for the show. I think I have one more episode of shit I already know, but then it will be all new to me.

The thing I want to know most (and I don't want anyone to spoil me on this) is if Viserys (sp?) will actually go for the throne and if he'll have a formidable army behind him.

BigRedChief 04-25-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7589194)
I think I'm actually jealous of those watching the show that haven't read the books. You guys are in for one hell of a ride.

Alright, I'm hooked now. Understand the charectors mch better now. Some problems with the superficial aspects of the charectors. They kill the brother or try, kill the daughter dog, probably killed his sister. The Lassisters are bad people and need to die. If they are so bad to everyone how did they achieve any power?

Buck 04-25-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 7590864)
Alright, I'm hooked now. Understand the charectors mch better now. Some problems with the superficial aspects of the charectors. They kill the brother or try, kill the daughter dog, probably killed his sister. The Lassisters are bad people and need to die. If they are so bad to everyone how did they achieve any power?

Cersei Lannister married the King.